It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Busted!! fake news on libya- movie sets, fake videos and pics, death threats to journalists

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Some things about Ghadaffi which aren't made public in the MSM:

university.ucadia.info...

All Libyans receive a portion of the sale of Libyan oil - Directly to their Bank Accounts.

Max income tax in Libya is 12%.

Banks do not charge interest in Libya (Islamic Bank Model, not the Rothschild Slave System).

All Libyans have a home. Ghaddafi vowed that his parents would not get a house until everyone in Libya had a home. Ghaddafi's father died while he and his wife were still living in a tent.

There are no mortgages on houses in Libya.

Should someone wish to farm, they receive free land and seeds and animals.

There are no Electricity Bills in Libya.

All Education is Free in Libya.

Everyone gets Free Medical - Even the Protestors ...

Each newlywed couple receives 60,000 dinar gift from the government.

Gas in Libya is sold at the outrageous price of .12 cents per liter (bigger than US quart).

Automobile purchases are financed at zero interest.

Ghaddafi completed a massive water project to irrigate land to free Libya from dependance on Imported Food

Please note, that I do not support repression or violence. However, these facts might support the many statements coming out of Libya that Ghadaffi still has huge support from the vast majority of the people.

It is not my place to decide whether Ghadaffi should remain at the helm of the country, that is not my business, nor is it the business of US/UK/NATO. The ONLY people who have the right to make that decision are the Libyan people themselves and it seems clear we are being lied to about the situation in Libya by the governments and the MSM propaganda to justify their grab for resources and control of a country which they see as a threat to their oligarchy.

The quote from Mandela in the video:

In the darkest moments of our struggle, when our backs were against the wall, Mumar Ghadaffi stood with us'.

edit on 28-8-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   
I agree that the David Icke article isn't much of an article, which is another reason I chose to post the link to a different article.

However, you've said absolutely nothing about the main point of the article, which refers to a verifiable quote from Newsweek from August 3rd, 1981:which confirms that they were wanting to invade Libya 30 years ago and that the tactics described for doing so are those being used in Libya right now.

This is ANOTHER example of the disinformation strategies you are so dishonestly using on this thread. Distract attention away from the salient point and focus attention on the poor quality of the article as a whole.

That the article as a whole is poorly written DOES NOT rebut the fact of what was clearly stated iin the Newsweek report of 3 August, 1981, nor that the tactics described even then are those actually being used today.

Now, why don't you either stop trolling or address the real point of the article

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by sonnny1

Yes I did. But last I noted, we're broke. So it certainly isn't profitable.

And before you say "profitable for the rich", realize that such situations, historically at least, almost always lead to a power hungry general more or less slaughtering the rich and taking it, and then almost communisticly giving it back. That's what Caesar did, that what many did. So if you think that the fact it makes them profitable is the goal, you fail to see that within one or two generations, it will result in their undoing.

I am going to say it. It is NOT profitable for the country - it takes billions of dollars each day OUT of the public funds.

Where does that money go? Into the corporations who provide the necessaries of war - manufacturers of weapons, munitions, pharmaceuticals, clothing, food, transport, etc. And then into the corporations who 'rebuild' after they've demolished the country. Corporations such as Halliburton.

War is a means of massive, massive transfer of wealth - it funnels massive amounts of money from the public into the private corporations and banksters....they get infinitely richer during wars and that money is then used to fund their black ops.

Look at the figures on the cost of war. Where does the money go? To the corporatocracy who are controlling our countries.

Liet's be very clear, war IS a huge profit making industry for a select few.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by patternfinder
i don't know, it looks like the pics of the supposed real buildings are compressed inwards and shot from a higher viewing angle while the ones in the supposed fake one is shot at a lower viewing angle with a wider shot..this makes a big difference in how you perceive the differences in the pics......

This is exactly what I was thinking.

Note the difference in the dimensions and the height of the arches; the dimensions of the decorative design above the middle arch; the palm tree in the real one and its absence in the fake.

Look at the two pictures. The alleged real photo is a panoramic photo which stretches the photo making the dimensions different.

As for the palm trees:

We would have to have a date stamp on the photos to even consider the palm trees proof of anything. They could have been removed. How old is that panoramic photo that you claim is the real photo. It could have been taken years ago. Look at the vehicles. They are all cars from the 70's or 80's. You alleged staged set has cars from 2000's. So in 20+ years, you are saying that those Palms weren't removed or died?

As for the Al Jezeera video..

That area was bombed back in June of 2008. As you can see in that photo the pavement and brick looks to be fairly new. Could also be the reason the palm tree is no longer there.

As for the waiving of India's flag:

You do know there are thousands of people from India that worked and were trapped in Tripoli, right? They could be multiple reason for those few people, I count around 8 flags, being waived. One major reason would to stand out in a crowd to let loved ones know they are well.

Now we can move on to the link from the examier:

You do realize that website is basically a blog for independent writers. Look at Debroh Dupre list of articles she has written about. She talks about weapons possibly being the reason for the DC earthquake. Well, were these weapons around in the 1800's too?

I am not saying there isn't propaganda in the news, there is. However to think that they would be this elaborate hoax where they are building movie sets, bad ones according to you, and broadcasting these reports across the globe is a little ridiculous.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by tide88

Originally posted by patternfinder
i don't know, it looks like the pics of the supposed real buildings are compressed inwards and shot from a higher viewing angle while the ones in the supposed fake one is shot at a lower viewing angle with a wider shot..this makes a big difference in how you perceive the differences in the pics......

This is exactly what I was thinking.

Note the difference in the dimensions and the height of the arches; the dimensions of the decorative design above the middle arch; the palm tree in the real one and its absence in the fake.

Look at the two pictures. The alleged real photo is a panoramic photo which stretches the photo making the dimensions different.

As for the palm trees:

We would have to have a date stamp on the photos to even consider the palm trees proof of anything. They could have been removed. How old is that panoramic photo that you claim is the real photo. It could have been taken years ago. Look at the vehicles. They are all cars from the 70's or 80's. You alleged staged set has cars from 2000's. So in 20+ years, you are saying that those Palms weren't removed or died?

As for the Al Jezeera video..

That area was bombed back in June of 2008. As you can see in that photo the pavement and brick looks to be fairly new. Could also be the reason the palm tree is no longer there.

As for the waiving of India's flag:

You do know there are thousands of people from India that worked and were trapped in Tripoli, right? They could be multiple reason for those few people, I count around 8 flags, being waived. One major reason would to stand out in a crowd to let loved ones know they are well.

Now we can move on to the link from the examier:

You do realize that website is basically a blog for independent writers. Look at Debroh Dupre list of articles she has written about. She talks about weapons possibly being the reason for the DC earthquake. Well, were these weapons around in the 1800's too?

I am not saying there isn't propaganda in the news, there is. However to think that they would be this elaborate hoax where they are building movie sets, bad ones according to you, and broadcasting these reports across the globe is a little ridiculous.

Ridiculous like fake videos of Bin Laden shot in some kind of mock up room with US actors? fake photos of dead Bin Laden?, Fake news reports done in a studio and transmitted as 'live from Saudi Arabia', as shown in the video posted earlier on this thread? And ridiculous as broadcasting these across the globe?

Fake as in the police agents provocateurs at the G20 protests in Canada who caused the violence, then blaming the peaceful protesters and broadcasting it to the world?

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
And how do any of those if even true relate to this incident? That original post was debunked several times already. There is other threads to discuss matters of OBL etc.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
And how do any of those if even true relate to this incident?

To rebut your statement that it's ridiculous.

That original post was debunked several times already.

Wrong. The original OP has not been debunked. You and others have focused on ONE pic and you still have no proof that it is not true. Conveniently you have completely ignored all the other information in the OP and posted on this thread by other members.

What exactly do you think you have debunked? Are you saying you have proven that all the MSM information is absolutely correct? No. Have you proven that all the evidence on this thread is incorrect? No.

Have you proven that the fake twitter accounts were genuine? No.

Have you shown that Amnesty and HR are lying in their reports? No.

Have you proven that the independent journalists (now missing) were lying? No.

Have you proven that the documentary in russian with english subtitles is lies? No.

Have you proven that the CNN clip about their journalists allegedly under attack is false? No.

Have you proven that ANY of the evidence presented is false? No.

Have you proven that there is no precedent of the MSM collossal lies? No.

Have you proven that Pepe Escobar is lying? No.

Have you proven that Qadaffi did not do those things for his country? No.

Have you proven that Nelson Mandela lied? No.

Have you just proved that you are lying when you say the OP was debunked? YES!

There is other threads to discuss matters of OBL etc.

That would be relevant IF I was engaging in a discussion about OBL, which I am clearly not. It was simply raised as an example, and you're well aware of that.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/983a8e5da0f2.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Jesus Christ. Why are people defending the indefensible?? Muammar Gaddafi was/is a power-hungry tyrant, a megalomaniac, pure and simple, who kept his people in poverty and submission for over 40 years whilst he and his lived in the most obscene opulence. To say that the revolution in Libya has been conjured by the west is nothing short of insulting and demeaning to a nation that after many years of oppression chose to finally kick such oppressors' gold-laden asses and say, enough is enough! That is the human spirit at its finest!! What the hell is wrong with you people??

For those of you that say, “yadah yadah yadah, the evil empire, USA, the elites, the NWO, McDonalds, blah blah, it's all about the oil, they are going to steal the oil, oh the oil, that’s the people’s oil…”: Dudes, Gaddafi had ALREADY given all the country's oil to the greatest oil corps, from ALL OVER THE WORLD. They are already there, paying the oil at very high prices too!!! --prices that have been speculatively inflated by himself and other little tyrants still floating around, merely by their refusal to raise the oil production of their respective countries! So to say it's all because the USA wants the oil and, 'lo and behold, “That’s a bingo! We got us a revolution!!” Come on, you guys! I understand your hatred for the power elites and all things TPB, but this is simply being blind and obtuse to the actual reality of things!

Gaddafi wasn’t in power because he loved the people. Gaddafi was in power because like many men before him, after having a sip just couldn’t let go of the state’s tit. Especially when that tit is as rich in sweet petroleum as Libya’s. The rest was little crumbs to keep the people appeased. But crumbs can satisfy only for so long!

((By the way, I am one of the people who believe oil prices have to go down again (and I am from Venezuela, a country whose sole export is our oil). To say that the people in our countries --Libya and Venezuela-- benefited from these unprecedented high prices is the biggest piece of propaganda, to say something more palatable, that the neo-com machine has managed to spread all over the world. My country is neither more rich nor more prosperous nor our people have a better quality of life because our oil has been sold for the last few years at 100$ per barrel --on the contrary, thanks to the other megalomaniac we have in power and the dirty mob he has surrounded himself with, our country is falling apart at the seams, in every way imaginable. And dudes, I live here. I work here. I have to talk to people of ALL walks of life every day. I KNOW what things are TRULY like, not what the BIG PROP MACHINE wants the rest of the world to believe.))

Another thing, the so called 'video proof' of this 'media manipulation' are sequences taken from this old video:

www.youtube.com...

Watch on the 6:40 minute. The date for this video is February 14, 2011. This EXACT same post, with the same pictures, same videos, same text have been running around my country’s news forums. Now, THAT is what I call a propaganda machine. What do you want to achieve, I wonder? Mmmm…. Either way, if you still believe that the Revolution of Libya is all a lie and nothing more than the western media manipulating the world, then you should check out the amateur videos on YouTube, and decide for yourselves. Honestly, people! The Internet is not just about MSM, just as the alternative media isn't all pure intentions!! EVERYBODY WANTS THEIR PIECE OF THE PIE, IT’S CALLED HUMAN NATURE!!

Ok. Rant off. Peace be with ya’ll.

edit on 28/8/11 by Etherea because: Fixing my crappy English!

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

again these are videos from RT, which has a pro-Ghadafi bias , second source is AP is western with pro-rebel bias . secondly I was talking about the al jazeera vid photo , thirdly it was a fallacy which I stated to cripmeister and then you claimed its artificial lighting.here your claim to the fallacies I stated:

First "flag": So street lights are supposed to illuminate the sky too now? Amazing new technology must be in place. Second "flag": Seems like a poster to your eyes means absolutely nothing. Care to try again?

second , I demanded better evidence

you have provided no requisite evidence , the colour behind the tower is of the sun setting in the entrance , not of street lighting and above entrance the pitch dark of night . Please provide evidence and related spectral class analysis . combine it from unbiased sources (not western,qatari,russian MSM). preferably alternative media. sources preferable would be indian ,pakistani ,icelandic or any neutral nation's analysis. start again and subject your explanations to greater scrutiny and scientific tools

artifical lighting does not illuminate sky like that only sun set does .Also your sources are western and al jazeera , which i had stated are not acceptable as evidence ,with their clear cut agenda of their govts and controllers, so your sources are not neutral. please provide requisite evidence and with proper scrutiny and explain the fallacies with sources ... you have yet to provide conclusive evidence.the conditions for evidence to be legit are stated in my previous post

more than twice you were asked to provide requisite evidence for your counter claims , which you failed and thus have failed to explain the fallacies I stated with the requisite standards of evidence as demanded . .

so stop trolling or provide requisite evidence for the so called real photo of al jazeera

edit on 28-8-2011 by USAisdevil because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-8-2011 by USAisdevil because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Everyone assumes that this hoax is being perpetrated by the current PTB. What if the Colonel himself is part of the hoax? After all, he's getting lots of publicity - some of it good - and NATO is looking more foolish by the day.

Is there a news blackout so we don't see that Libya is functioning as it always has and nothing unusual is happening?

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

wcitizen hes simply avoiding providing proof,you can see it in my posts .he/she tries to throw ball in other person's court and give straw man posts. I have demanded evidence for the nonsense he/she says .

Hes not even provided requisite evidence to prove what he claims .

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by USAisdevil

wcitizen hes simply avoiding providing proof,you can see it in my posts .he/she tries to throw ball in other person's court and give straw man posts. I have demanded evidence for the nonsense he/she says .

Hes not even provided requisite evidence to prove what he claims .

What proof do you want? Do you want me to provide hard proof that the AJ news report was made a movie set? How do you expect me to do that? Do you expect me to go to Qatar and get pics of the movie set? I mean, what exactly do you want? Don't just insult me, prove your point.

I have provided sources for EVERYTHING I have posted. Is that not enough?

Moreover, I NEVER said in the OP that I had proof, I said I believed that there was compelling evidence, and I produced many of the things on which I based that opinion. What do you want from me? Tell me. What proof is it that you think is available that I haven't provided????? Go find it and show it to me.

And show me where I haven't provided sources for what I've posted.

Don't just make cowardly, cheap personal attacks (which are, incidentally, in breach of the T&C) and not back them up. Show me where I have said I had proof. Show me where I haven't provided sources for what I posted.

If you disagree with the material provided, I don't have a problem with that. Don't you see how your post clearly exposes the weakness of your own argument? You launch a cheap personal attack instead of providing any proof that anything I have said is false, or even building your own case against it.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Another interesting video from RT:

Every day brings new details about what is really happening in Libya.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by dario86

Thanks for posting this, dario.

The independent journalists all seem to be reporting similar things. This reporter is from Italy, there are also videos from a Canadian, a French, an English sounding reporter and all are reporting bombing of civilian targets.

As you say, more is coming out daily.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Right... Where are these anti-rebel, pro-Gaddafi news coming from?

Maybe from Russia, China, Brasil and a few others?? Countries that fear their respective slices of that big fat pie called Libya, a pie Gaddafi so 'generously' shared with them, so much wealth going around (all between friends, mind you, with the respective commission here and there), that will most likely go poof! with the new Government, all those little millions being lost forever (for now)? Lol

God, the whole thing is so transparent, sometimes I wonder, reading this site that is supposed to be for 'denying ignorance', to see people defending such a despicable human being, that tortured and killed and maimed, one of the longest, most cruel dictatorships of the world, just because they disagree with the PTB and MSM and all that... Well, it's frustrating and depressing all at once.

*Sigh*

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Etherea
Right... Where are these anti-rebel, pro-Gaddafi news coming from?

Maybe from Russia, China, Brasil and a few others?? Countries that fear their respective slices of that big fat pie called Libya, a pie Gaddafi so 'generously' shared with them, so much wealth going around (all between friends, mind you, with the respective commission here and there), that will most likely go poof! with the new Government, all those little millions being lost forever (for now)? Lol

God, the whole thing is so transparent, sometimes I wonder, reading this site that is supposed to be for 'denying ignorance', to see people defending such a despicable human being, that tortured and killed and maimed, one of the longest, most cruel dictatorships of the world, just because they disagree with the PTB and MSM and all that... Well, it's frustrating and depressing all at once.

*Sigh*

Please see my post above - the independent journalists' reports I've posted come from Canada, France, England and Italy.

Yes, they are aired on RT news - US/European media won't allow them to be heard, so they have no choice but to use foreign TV stations.

There's also a video report from Pepe Escobar, who is Brazilian.

Or are you saying that if it's not on the Western MSM it's not true?

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I don't know if it's been mentioned, but in the original post and original supposed photo show on Al Jazeera, and even in the video clip from Al Jeezera, the middle arch does not have the square indention into the stone or whatever the walls are made of. In photos of the supposedly real green square, there is a square indention in the stone. Can anyone explain that? I'm on the fence with this one. Especially the OP claim that Libyan intelligence got word of this faked celebration filmed in Quatar and reported it on Libyan State TV. Anyone got ANY credible/sourced evidence of that???

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   

And lets be clear. Never in history did it last long before the people assaulted the people doing it.

Do you forget Germany? Hitler practically won the people over with this fact.

What you are talking about always leads to national socialism, and the rich being purged from the country and the country becoming amazingly more powerful.

So therefore, why should I fret? Soon now will a member of that military industrial complex grow a conscious and slaughter the profiteers. Just like Hitler, Just like Andrew Jackson, just like Caesar, just like so many others.

I said this a while ago. If the snake buys the man an axe, it is by his own dollar he losses his head. Let it be so if that is what they desire.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Here's the vid cap of the center arch from the video aired on Al Jazeera. Where's the square indented into the stone above the center arch, and the line that looks like an "M" above it? If that's the real green square in Tripoli, shouldn't those be there???

Those disappeared simply because of video compression? No way in hell!
edit on 28-8-2011 by Drew99GT because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join