It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

12 Year Old Uses Techniques From Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Training Camp To Stop Bully

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by josh2009s
reply to post by Death_Kron

I don't know what you do not understand. I DID NOT SAY THAT. I DID NOT SAY THAT. I DID NOT SAY THAT. Understand?

So why did you say:

He should have told the school faculty like any normal kid would do.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

I'm not sure if you are inferring that I am not a part of this reality or not, but, thanks.

No, I did not read the entire article. I am not saying this is a perfect world. I'm not saying the kid should not have karate chopped him in the face. I am only addressing the problems that arise when violence is combatted with violence rather than authority. That is all.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   

I'm not sure if you are inferring that I am not a part of this reality or not, but, thanks.

No, I did not read the entire article. I am not saying this is a perfect world. I'm not saying the kid should not have karate chopped him in the face. I am only addressing the problems that arise when violence is combatted with violence rather than authority. That is all.

There you go again!

So, it's okay for the bully to punch and throw water bottles at his prey but it's not acceptable for the victim to stick up for himself and fight back?

Do you even know what your saying?

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Because he should have told the school faculty before it had to come to self defense. It's all there, perhaps you missed it.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Because he should have told the school faculty before it had to come to self defense. It's all there, perhaps you missed it.

I suppose rape victims on the street should inform the police before they get raped?

Seriously, are you for real?

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   

No, I did not read the entire article. I am not saying this is a perfect world.I'm not saying the kid should not have karate chopped him in the face. I am only addressing the problems that arise when violence is combatted with violence rather than authority. That is all.

It's bold now, can you see it?
edit on 24-8-2011 by josh2009s because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   

What's the kid gonna do when the bully brings a gun to schools and slaughters him and many others?

It's back-to-school time all over the country. For kids that get picked on, it's a return to a horror zone. Experts say that more than 150,000 children miss school every day because they are afraid of being bullied.

That doesn't take into account the rest that go or the days they are at school. So maybe it occurs 10x or 100x as much? So how many times does someone bring in a gun and kill someone out of a few million incidents?

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Death_Kron

No, I did not read the entire article. I am not saying this is a perfect world.I'm not saying the kid should not have karate chopped him in the face. I am only addressing the problems that arise when violence is combatted with violence rather than authority. That is all.

There you go again!

So, it's okay for the bully to punch and throw water bottles at his prey but it's not acceptable for the victim to stick up for himself and fight back?

Do you even know what your saying?

It's bold now, can you see it?

Nope, I see no bold text and nothing about a Karate chop, seriously what are you talking about?

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by josh2009s

Where do you get karate from? This is brazilian jiu jitsu... It couldn't be MORE DIFFERENT than Karate.

Please stay on topic...

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   

In this case, yes, he should have told the teachers when it first started happening instead of waiting till he had to use violent force to defend himself. As for the bully bringing a gun to school, it has happened, and will most likely happen again as long as violence continues to breed violence. I do not know for a fact that the bully will bring a gun to school. But it is an example that we all understand, and we all need to work at to prevent. Sorry for any misunderstanding on my behalf.

In most school-gun violence cases it is the student that is being bullied that brings the gun. It is their hail-mary pass at putting an end to it all because they have chosen suicide by cop (taking the bullies with them to their death). It is not the bully that brings the gun unless you live in gang-land.

Again, if the schools won't do anything about it then its the parent's responsibility to take care of it and train their kids to defend themselves using their fists before it reaches the level of a gun but it will reach that level if no one takes any action.

So yes, use diplomacy over violence - but your assertion that's it and there is no room for self defense afterward is still wrong.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by v1rtu0s0

What's the kid gonna do when the bully brings a gun to schools and slaughters him and many others?

It's back-to-school time all over the country. For kids that get picked on, it's a return to a horror zone. Experts say that more than 150,000 children miss school every day because they are afraid of being bullied.

That doesn't take into account the rest that go or the days they are at school. So maybe it occurs 10x or 100x as much? So how many times does someone bring in a gun and kill someone out of a few million incidents?

Why chance it? Fix it before it's broken. I don't know how you are so comfortable leaving young lives to chance.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ararisq

So yes, use diplomacy over violence - but your assertion that's it and there is no room for self defense afterward is still wrong.

Really? My assertion is the same as yours, use diplomacy over violence first.

Edit: I'm sure this kids day of being bullied are over. From now on he will be made fun of as the kid who got beat up by a smaller kid.Now all of his psychological problems just took a turn for the worse. Let's all hope that for the better, this kid get's some help.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Why chance it. Fix it before it's broken. I don't know how you are so comfortable leaving young lives to chance.

You're missing the point. What are the odds? Put things into perspective.

So for example, it's more likely the child will die from falling, being hit by a car, in a plane crash, abducted by a UFO than for them to die from another child who brings in a gun.

So you put more emphasis on the least likely event instead?

edit on 24-8-2011 by v1rtu0s0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Right, I'm done with you. I have no idea what your talking about and in all honestly I'm not that sure you know yourself, you just keep stopping kids from karate chopping bullies, good man

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Death_Kron
I suppose rape victims on the street should inform the police before they get raped?

Well according to my handy copy of the World According to Josh, if the rape victim fought back or used any training in self defense then that would just be propagating the never ending cycle of violence. What if the rapist had his eyes scratched out, what then? Wouldn't he just be angry and even more mad using even more violence against women? Nigh, tis better for the victim to submit to rape and let the authorities deal with the matter afterward.

You ask, but what if the woman was being kidnapped? Surely most of those lead to death, shouldn't she fight back then? Nigh, the karma of violence would only find her descendants and torture them. Tis better the woman die quietly and submissively. Let karma deal with the kidnapper on its own schedule.

So ends this lesson...

[edit]For future reference - the above was parody to point out the irrational thinking that violence should never be used to solve violence.[/edit]
edit on 8/24/2011 by ararisq because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   

In this case, yes, he should have told the teachers when it first started happening instead of waiting till he had to use violent force to defend himself. As for the bully bringing a gun to school, it has happened, and will most likely happen again as long as violence continues to breed violence. I do not know for a fact that the bully will bring a gun to school. But it is an example that we all understand, and we all need to work at to prevent. Sorry for any misunderstanding on my behalf.

In most school-gun violence cases it is the student that is being bullied that brings the gun. It is their hail-mary pass at putting an end to it all because they have chosen suicide by cop (taking the bullies with them to their death). It is not the bully that brings the gun unless you live in gang-land.

Again, if the schools won't do anything about it then its the parent's responsibility to take care of it and train their kids to defend themselves using their fists before it reaches the level of a gun but it will reach that level if no one takes any action.

Exactly, so wouldn't it be better for the one whose being bullied to forcefully stop the bullying using Jiu Jitsu, rather than bring a gun to school and shoot people?

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

You're missing the point. What are the odds? Put things into perspective.

So for example, it's more likely the child will die from falling, being hit by a car, in a plane crash, abducted by a UFO than for them to die from another child who brings in a gun.

So you put more emphasis on the least likely event instead?

edit on 24-8-2011 by v1rtu0s0 because: (no reason given)

So if all of the sudden, car accidents became less frequent to the point that the chances are equal to someone bringing a weapon to school, we should just quit putting seatbelts in cars?

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Exactly, so wouldn't it be better for the one whose being bullied to forcefully stop the bullying using Jiu Jitsu, rather than bring a gun to school and shoot people?

Not sure I was the target of that. I'm 100% in favor of any and all Bruce Lee Fists of Fury vengeance against bullies. Live by the fist, get pummeled by the fist is my creedo.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Did that. I was very involved with stuff at her school for a period. Work got in the way of that but I tried to get the issue of my daughter, and bullying in general addressed. Again as I said in my first post, despite the anti bullying campaigns and what not, the schools are powerless. They don't know what to do. Bureaucrats and teachers are not trained to deal with the issue. The real world is very different than some pamphlets and videos. Some of the teachers were very aware of the stuff going on from school yard duty and turned a blind eye to it. I know, I watched it with my own eyes and addressed it.

So for my daughters safety, I empowered her to defend herself and taught her how to fight. My way worked wonders. Their way didn't.
edit on 24-8-2011 by GAOTU789 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Diplomacy before violence. It's right there. C'mon now.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join