It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Why Liberals Are More Intelligent Than Conservatives" - Psychology Today Magazine

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by xxsomexpersonxx
Another statistic is that the more intelligent and educated people become, the less likely they are to be religious.(Compare the rate of christian scientists to the overall christian population).

Really, did you know that most Creationists have to hide their beliefs in order to get their degrees in the scientific field? You're blackballed if you use science and God or Intelligent Design in the same conversation. Since I knew it would be an uphill battle to get a degree in that field, although I ACTd out of both Biologies (forget CLEP), I wouldn't get into those programs for much less than being threatened with death.

All that having more people with the same beliefs in 1 area of the workforce proves is that there is a eletist system of some sort in place.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by underspace

Woa woa..... What?!? Did you really just say the person who makes more money is smarter because he/she makes more money? Interesting

For liberals being more intelligent i find it quite humorous that you are unable to understand the context of so many posts on this particular thread......

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Minority churches tend to be full of Democrats--these are far more regularly attended, by the way. Women, the largest percentage of church demographic, tend to be Democrats. The majority of Catholics I've met are Democrat. Blue state churches are full of Union workers, and are thereby Democrats. Really, only the Bible Belt is predominantly Republican in Christianity.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Heartisblack
It's just common sense

Open minded people tend to see the whole picture then close minded people who refuse to see the truth.

Hmmmm, then why do liberals tend not to "see" the conservative side of the argument if they are so open minded and all seeing? One could contend that your characterization of "closed minded people who refuse to see the truth" implies superiority of the Liberal side.....which is supposedly so "open minded". Hardly a good thing for a liberal to admit that they are superior, being that they are so fair and open minded.

I'm sorry, I've been thinking too much.....must..... go back....... to being stupid..........

Ah...... Me Feel Better Now.........

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by underspace

As long as the blue collar man makes way more than a college professor, an education will NEVER be a determining factor in who is smarter.

Woa woa..... What?!?

Did you really just say the person who makes more money is smarter because he/she makes more money? Interesting

Don't put words into my mouth, I said that as long as more money is made in a job that doesn't require a degree, you can't automatically assume that all those who went to get a degree are more intelligent--it won't be the main factor for where an intelligent person goes for a job.

There's a lot of people out there who choose to not get or finish a degree because the degree is absolutely useless for their lifestyle.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Liberals, no matter how hard they pat themselves on the back, they still choke on the BS.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by kerazeesicko

They ought to be able to understand one of their own sheeple, dammit, I speak Republicanese.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by CynicalDrivel

They ought to be able to understand one of their own sheeple, dammit, I speak Republicanese.

Even that can be difficult for them...

I think there are stupid people on each side....just that the conservatives have more on their side and are a little more outspoken and let the world hear their stupidity...

edit on 25-8-2011 by kerazeesicko because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-8-2011 by kerazeesicko because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

Woa woa..... What?!? Did you really just say the person who makes more money is smarter because he/she makes more money? Interesting

For liberals being more intelligent i find it quite humorous that you are unable to understand the context of so many posts on this particular thread......

And I find it humorous you were able to definitively extrapolate that I identify as a 'liberal'. I don't. I am more of a centrist in the economical sense, and an anarchist as the social ideology is concerned.

Can you elaborate on how I failed to understand the posters, and have taken 'so many posts' out of context?

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Take a look at this ....... NY Times Exit polls for last 8 Presidential Elections

Both parties tend to get the higher educated groups when they are the winning side.
The only constant that goes with Education is that the Democrats seem to have a commanding lead in the category of " Not a high school graduate" in almost every election cycle. Those Democrats must not be the "liberal" ones I guess.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   

I said that as long as more money is made in a job that doesn't require a degree, you can't automatically assume that all those who went to get a degree are more intelligent--it won't be the main factor for where an intelligent person goes for a job.

Then I was not the one that misinterpreted and took the other out of context. You were.

Money. Career. Post college. That holds no relevance to the point I brought up, or the statistics I was putting forth.

When did I "automatically assume" anything of the sort??

All I originally mentioned was the statistic backing the fact that the majority of Acedemia are liberal and not conservative and perhaps there is a positive corollary between higher education and being a 'liberal'. Career and money has nothing to do with what I said. I challenge you to show me where I did.

I am suggesting that, as per the stats, perhaps a result of education is that people become, or maintain, their position in liberalism. You are extrapolating more from what I said then you should. Please be fair.
edit on 25-8-2011 by underspace because: gramer and speling

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Of course, that's all a lie.

Republicans are more intelligent than liberals. I think George W. Bush, the most intelligent person on Earth, was proof enough.

/runs

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   

You're entitled to the opinion, although I don't agree.

Thik of it from this way: Aren't most the people out there who disagree with you, a bunch of idiots? If so, when you change your mind on a specific topic, aren't there going to be a bunch of idiots you disagree with?

Basically, when we disagree with a specific line of reasoning, when we're up against someone who cannot reason on apporoximately the same level as us, we see the flaws in the reasoning far more easily than if it was someone we agreed with, mostly because we're LOOKING to trip them up.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I believe the second anyone began taking Sarah Palin seriously is when this "study" was proven correct

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Lets see..
2 college degrees, one in EMS, one in Computer animation and simulation design...worked on a third one while in the Army,,,
Yeah, I'm real low brow...
and yes I am a conservative

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Women, the largest percentage of church demographic, tend to be Democrats.

In other words, the largest percentage of the church attending is democrats.

Hey, that would be new knowledge for me as I was under the impression that wasn't the case. Can you cite a couple credible courses for that for me?

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by underspace

I said that as long as more money is made in a job that doesn't require a degree, you can't automatically assume that all those who went to get a degree are more intelligent--it won't be the main factor for where an intelligent person goes for a job.

Then I was not the one that misinterpreted and took the other out of context. You were.

Money. Career. Post college. That holds no relevance to the point I brought up, or the statistics I was putting forth.

When did I "automatically assume" anything of the sort??

All I originally mentioned was the statistic backing the fact that the majority of Acedemia are liberal and not conservative and perhaps there is a positive corollary between higher education and being a 'liberal'. Career and money has nothing to do with what I said. I challenge you to show me where I did.

I am suggesting that, as per the stats, perhaps a result of education is that people become, or maintain, there position in liberalism. You are extrapolating more from what I said then you should. Please be fair.

Ok, so you can follow why I wrote in response to you, specifically, tell me where I lost you last time, if I did:

1. Overall context is this thread.
2. When you want people to read your thoughts in context, in a thread like this, you quote them, as I did:

I'm not going to take a stance on this but one has to wonder why Universities across the nation (student and faculty) tend to be much more liberal. Correlation between higher education and liberalism? Dunno, but it doesn't help the conservatives in this thread I don't think

can change the whole context of what was being said, from the writer's perspective, but is generally irrelevant.
4. "Dunno, but it doesn't help the conservatives in this thread I don't think."

This is the big one. Irrelevant of what you meant, this statement can be taken a few ways--was not really persuing what you meant, by the way. But it brings up questions, as well: Does a lack of education show in this thread? Does a lack of conservatives in the educational system prove that liberals are smarter? My fault for not showing any transition there, but it's not that far a jump from what you stated. It could be followed--sorry if you didn't. People aren't mindreaders.

5. When I use the word "you" it's not an accusation. It's a generic word so I can write the bloody sentence, of no more value than she/he/it. Poor choice on my part if it led you to think I was attacking you.

6. Smart-rumped comments that followed from me were in the vein of those who started the comment, not meant to disparaige you.

Any questions?

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Woa woa..... What?!?

Did you really just say the person who makes more money is smarter because he/she makes more money? Interesting

This got the, "don't put words in my mouth" because you specifically attempted to reiterate whant I said, and failed. People fail all the time, but I'm not fond of a misquote.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
I think everyone is just way too controversial, I mean come on political parties gotta make ya laugh, it's the mega rich against the working man, pick a side ; and lets move on to the real issues.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join