It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

G.W. Bush pros and Cons

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 10:56 AM
link   
This question goes out to anyone living in the USA. I hear a lot of negative opinions of president G.W. Bush and his policies. I know many people do not like him as the leader of their country. What I would like to know is the other side of the coin. What do his supporters have to say about him? Not really trying to prove any points here, just curious.

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Gotta tell ya, you will get far less pros thans cons around these parts
Let's see here:

Cons -

Horrible public speaker (a result of a forged college education)
Cannot relate to the general working class man
Has a track record at failed business before the presidency
Failed Education System programs
Depleted the national budget surplus
Brought (already poor) global anti-American views to a alltime high
Mislead the nation as to the evidence of WMD's to justify invasion of Iraq
Failed to keep the military commanders in check by allowing Abhu Graihb to go on unpunished

Pros -

Attempting to push a major space exploration with NASA
Is unwaivering in his decisions once they are made (could be a con as well)

honestly, I can't think of anymore pros...

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by mpeake
Pros -

Done as a distraction to get people to gaze up at the stars in hope while everything he touches on Earth crumbles around him.

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I think if you look at the polls your Cons/Pros are not shared...

There was a poll by CNN this morning, went something like this;

"those that were voteing for the man, or those that are voteing for the man cause they dont like the other man"...

Votes for Bush:
65% for the man
16% for in stead of Kerry

Votes for Kerry:
45% for the man
45% for a replacement.

Those that are voteing for bush belive in the the man, the leader, and not because they dont want someone else in the office. So I would say that those that are voteing for Bush have many more Pros than cons, or they would be voteing for Bush cause they dont want kerry in, that is not that case.

TOTALLY APROX. %'S... I just went from memory... But they are close.

[edit on 8/20/04 by HumptyDumpty]

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 11:39 AM
link   
GWB's pros really depend on your ideolgical standpoint. If you believe in deregulation of the economy on one hand, while believing that US trading interests should be protected in international markets through domestic duties and levys.. then you would find him a stand up chap. A lot of US citizens probably do believe these two things, long standing ideological trends (often admired by some in Europe). If you are a US citizen concerned with oil prices and the US ability to continually procure additional oil from overseas, then in the long run, you might find his energy and foreign policies quite a pro. If you are a Eurotrash pinko like myself, you might just hate everything he does...

generally right of spectrum people might support his policies... although his personal attributes are probably questioned by all political persuasions... (after all, if you are a neo-conservative, you might wanna presidant who can spell n stuff)...

mmm perspective

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by HumptyDumpty
I think if you look at the polls your Cons/Pros are not shared...

There was a poll by CNN this morning, went something like this;

"those that were voteing because of the man, or for a replacment of the current leader"...

Votes for Bush:
65% for the man
16% for in stead of Kerry

Votes for Kerry:
45% for the man
45% for a replacement.

Those that are voteing for bush belive in the the man, the leader, and not because they dont want someone else in the office. So I would say that those that are voteing for Bush have many more Pros than cons, or they would be voteing for Bush cause they dont want kerry in, that is not that case.

[edit on 8/20/04 by HumptyDumpty]

Oh, don't get me wrong...I'm not for Kerry either. Those are just my opinions on Bush himself. The question wasn't what does the country think about who to elect, Bush or Kerry, it was to get a feel for what people think are pros and cons of Bush himself.

quote: Originally posted by mpeake
Pros -

Done as a distraction to get people to gaze up at the stars in hope while everything he touches on Earth crumbles around him.

I thought that as I was typing it. I guess I figure that this world is crumbling anyway. So, let's just see what we can do to destroy the rest of the solar system

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 12:59 PM
link   
His administration is a collection of professional con artists.

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I am not from the States but I think people should remember the failed coup d'etat in Venezuela which was initiated by the US government.

I would support that if Venezuela is a dictatorship but the US clearly tried to replace a democratically elected leader of another country.
So what's it worth as Bush went into Iraq for Democracy and the very same moment he tried to break down democracy in another country?

And this ladies and gentleman is no lie, no guess, no conspiracy it is a 100% true thing that happened.
There are many cons for Bush(I wouldn't even say that the war against Saddam Hussein was a con!!! More the reasons) but this one is the most embarrassing.

On the other side, we have no proof it was ordered by Bush and not by another high government official.

[edit on 20-8-2004 by shoo]

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I dont think Bush can possible lose the election, as absurd as it sounds. He is going to win be hook or by crook. He will suspend the election if he has to.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 11:02 PM
link   
In my opinion...

PROS- Space plan, um........

CONS- Supports discrimination against homosexuals, wants to totally ban abortion, raised the deficit, tax cuts to the rich, has mental problems (ie. cant answer questions, non-intelligence), ,strong ally of the NRA, THE WAR(S), has links to the Saudies, alcoholic, druggie, lied about education plan, wanted to drill for oil in ANWR, wants to regulate society (Patriot Act, Homeland Security, etc.), the list could go on and on...............

Well, that about sums it up for me, although these are just my opinions.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by slank
His administration is a collection of professional con artists.

The pros ARE cons.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Cons

First net job loss since Hoover
Went to war for oil
Stole election
Is the idiot son of an asshole
Is in the pocket of Big Business
Lied to America and the world
Wants to put segregation in the constitution (Ban gay marriage)
C student
Dumbass
Patriot act
Wants to rape the environment for personal profit
Etc, etc, etc...

Pros

He'll be gone soon

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Pros

Space programs
Increased military pay by 4% per year
$1B more for salary; $20B more for R&D for new weapons
Good track record funding military
Has been good to second amendment rights(didnt create new assualt weapon ban)
Provided $1.2B to develop hydrogen fuel

Im not going to get into the cons as I know you will get many more list of those without any pros

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 01:18 AM
link   
He is a man of conviction, he doesnt waver, he doesnt watch the poles to govern, and he is a lot more conservative than I originally gave him credit for.

And last but not least, he has taken the war to the enemy instead of Chamberlain like capitualtion.....

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 02:19 AM
link   
I sure hope conviction catches up with him soon, edsinger.

Derserting his cushy post during the Vietnam war.

His insider trading of Stock at Harken.

His letting terrorist & al-Qaeda financiers, son of the Saudi Defense Minister Prince Sultan, Khalil bin Laden, Abdullah & Omar bin Laden and Saleh Ibn Abdul Rahman Hussayen leave the US right after 911 when a airflight ban was 'supposedly' in effect [at least for AMERICANS].

Bush may be a man of convictions, Im still waiting for charges to be filed.

edit spelling

[edit on 27-8-2004 by slank]

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX

Those are considered Cons, here in Europe. How opinions differ

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by shoo

They should be Cons here, too, but the reason they are not. 9/11 was used to create fear and pump up the military for the neo-CONs to make the military larger and more quicker. The problems in Iraq have thrown a bit of a wrench into that, but they plan to concentrate on re-(s)election, then attack Iran for the real test of our power. Starting with an Air war, then a ground invasion.

Then by the end of Bush's term, they will viciously assault the next democratic candidate (they hope Hillary), which Jeb will destroy.

America is in deep trouble, my friends. Help us.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 08:02 AM
link   
My Pro:
I believe both Bush and Kerry would completely screw us over, but with Bush- at least I know HOW I am going to be screwed, and I can plan accordingly. I consider this a HUGE plus for him.
With Kerry, it's a complete mystery so there is nothing I can do until it's too late.

Originally posted by edsinger
He is a man of conviction, he doesnt waver, he doesnt watch the poles to govern, and he is a lot more conservative than I originally gave him credit for.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Isn't it better to change pants before they start smelling? If you change every 4 years, literary speaking
, it won't smell.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by shoo

so increasing military pay for the soldiers protecting your A$$ in Europe is considered a con? Thats pretty sad

top topics

<<   2 >>

join