It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Creepy 10/28/11 Website Mystery

page: 752
<< 749  750  751    753  754  755 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by JourPolaire

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   

I am going to go with option A:

Originally posted by JourPolaire
As anyone whose graduated from evil genius school has learned, in order to maintain control, one must be everywhere, be everyone... play all sides.
If it were me, and I wanted to make it *appear* to those observing that what I had to say held more importance than it actually did, I would attack myself... "See, people are trying to stop me because they don't want what I have to say to get out!"

For anyone that is a regular user of ATS & plays outside of the Oct28 thread, you may have come across the Warnings From The Benevolents! thread. If you followed along you know that Oct 11, 2011 (tomorrow or today or yesterday depending on your location on the planet and time you read this) is the BIG day of destruction. Much of the same things discussed here in this thread have been discussed in that one. Only more directly and without all the cryptic clues and right out trolling.

When that thread started over 2 years ago it was to warn about a brown dwarf star showing up from a another dimension that will cause the earth to flip on it's axis, or pole shift or something. But as the thread went along the date became a metaphor and the thread author has since "left" for reasons undisclosed.

If you have time, I would recommend, at the very lest, reading the last 2 or 3 pages of the thread. That would give you an idea of how these "predictions of doom" play out in real time.

As for the oct28 site and date. Do not forget that what ever happens on that day someone can always tell you, that you were not good enough to "see" the reality. It will be up to you to decide on if you believe an anonymous person on the internet, or your own heart and the hearts of those that love you and share your life.

OiO

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by OneisOne

As for the oct28 site and date. Do not forget that what ever happens on that day someone can always tell you, that you were not good enough to "see" the reality. It will be up to you to decide on if you believe an anonymous person on the internet, or your own heart and the hearts of those that love you and share your life.

OiO

Well said, OiO!

Reflection is necessary...and not that which comes from a "miror", yes?

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Gidday

So we've reached the point of funny pictures now?
COOL! Too bad I don't have time to chip in :/

Anyway, did everyone get a mail from Open about
them being threatened or something? I got mine in
my mail, but there are about 5000 unopened mails
in there so it kinda passed by me
It's from friday
I think.

Meh.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by TheSilentwalker

Pics, or it didn't happen!

Ok, Silent, I've had my fun... let's get back to business

Now, before I dropped out of evil genius school, I learned many a thing...

Actually, perhaps everyone should peruse this site...

Changing Minds

...And see if anything rings true.

Quite an interesting read.

Might also help a few learn not to fall victim to certain tactics.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by TNTarheel

Originally posted by OneisOne

OiO

Well said, OiO!

Reflection is necessary...and not that which comes from a "miror", yes?

Just my feeling, really.
Is it not so awesome how GUILT is hammered in your head from the cradles, and you actually come to LOVE it in the name of………Love?

Throughout History some short circuited that. It's always the same thing: shortest point from A to B is a straight line. Very funny to see how it disseminates. Funny yet oh so pathetic in the mouth of the so-called "enlightened".
But I guess it takes guts, and REASON to get up there on that ideal point of view where you just observe and get amused… and utterly sad.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by snewpers
Gidday

So we've reached the point of funny pictures now?
COOL! Too bad I don't have time to chip in :/

Anyway, did everyone get a mail from Open about
them being threatened or something? I got mine in
my mail, but there are about 5000 unopened mails
in there so it kinda passed by me
It's from friday
I think.

Meh.

Snewpers! Welcome back

All members of Record received that email. If you will flip back a few pages, you will see why.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Don't you dare teasing me with pics or it did not happen!
Would you like a whole horde of true believers deceived at the skills of some master who could make a pro blush?

Right.
I thought so.

Let's carry on as if nothing ever happened… As always.

Humans = best species at denial.

Ouch!

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheSilentwalker
But I guess it takes guts, and REASON to get up there on that ideal point of view where you just observe and get amused… and utterly sad.

Walker! You should know me better than that. I observe, I am amused, it is not the all of me...all things in time.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by TNTarheel

Thanks

Nah it's ok,it's not that I NEED to know it

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   

I love your responses!

I wish you were posting way back when I was heavily involved with this thread!

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

It was nothing VS you. It was all FOR you

I hope you do get that one.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   

I love your responses!

I wish you were posting way back when I was heavily involved with this thread!

Meh, I'm a badass slacker, you see. That black sheep out there? It's me.
I always show up at the most inappropriate time and I'm late for everything.
Meanwhile… I'm having a heck of a fun.

Booyah!

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Alright, since no little fish bit my link a few posts back, I'll post an excerpt...

Completion principle
Principles > Completion principle Principle | How it works | So what?

Principle
We seek to complete that which is incomplete.

How it works

Certainty and uncertainty
When something is certain and known then we feel comfortable and in control. When something is not complete, we cannot close that item in our mind as we have to keep thinking about it. This maintenance activity adds effort and leads to predictions that might give us cause for concern. This is the basis for the need for completion, and we will hence seek to close off things that we do so we can forget them and move on to the next item of interest.

Sentences which are not
The title above probably creates a bit of irritation or tension in you as you wonder what the end of the sentence should be. If you start a sentence and leave the rest undone even for a few moments, other people will guess what the completed sentence might be. In this way, you can lead their thoughts.

The 'completer-finisher'
Some people have a particular need for completion and in teams will be the person who makes sure all jobs are done (often doing the jobs themselves). Meredith Belbin identified such a position in his Team Roles. People who compulsively tidy up are also acting as completer-finishers as they see untidiness as a step before the completion of tidiness. Note that this also implies that there are some people who are not completer-finishers and who will happily start something but will be unlikely to see things through to the end.

The Zeigarnik Effect
Russian psychologist Bluma Zeigarnik found that waiters remembered orders only as long as the order was in the process of being served. This extends into the Zeigarnik Effect, whereby we keep thinking about those things about which we have not achieved closure.

So what?
So leave things for people to complete. Start a sentence and see if they will complete it for you -- if they do, you have put the other person into the complete-finisher position. This can be a powerful tool in changing minds. Even if they do not verbally complete the sentence, they will do so in their minds. Watch their body language for signs of what they might be thinking. Likewise you can use completion in physical tasks. Start something and give it to another to complete. Give rewards for completion, particularly if you have no completer-finishers who will end the job for you.

See also Closure principle, The need for completion, Zeigarnik effect

Changing Minds
edit on 10-10-2011 by JourPolaire because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheSilentwalker

It was nothing VS you. It was all FOR you

I hope you do get that one.

I am sorry, Walker, I misunderstood

My mind does not always work as it should...lol

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

Oh, my Lordy, they'd have to go back much more than a few pages simply to wade through the nonsensical, outrageous *cough* paranoid *cough* bull going on in that thread.

Although, I did learn something - all musicians are agents of the CIA. Who knew?! lol

I think I'm in luuurve with Beamish.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Alright, since no little fish bit my link a few posts back, I'll post an excerpt...

But, but, JourPolaire....I am reading as quickly as I can. That is a mountain of reading.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Unacceptable, T, unacceptable.

It is a lot to read... techniques is the best place to start.
It does make mention of Pavlov somewhere amongst the mountain of text... we spoke of him a long while back in the thread, remember?

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Grower

Hello, Grower

Have you finished the quilt? My grandmother (yes, my grandmother) just began a beautiful Wedding Ring pattern.
edit on 10/10/2011 by TNTarheel because: formatting

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

It does make mention of Pavlov somewhere amongst the mountain of text... we spoke of him a long while back in the thread, remember?

I am afraid if I speak that name again in this thread that I will find TPTB hovering over my house in a black helicopter.

Poor, poor dogs....
edit on 10/10/2011 by TNTarheel because: spelling...as usual

top topics

<< 749  750  751    753  754  755 >>

join