It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is anyone else in the spiritual struggle of their life right now?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
The spiritual battle I go through daily has nothing to do with religion.

The battle I go through is in having opposing views. One is rational, yet "cold hearted". The other is full of heart, but awfully foolish. I battle between the two in my own mind, and interactions with others, constantly.

I partly see the necessity of the chaos, and suffering. I partly think it's not necessary.

There is a synthesis, a cognitive dissonance that arises when I think of seeming opposing views for a while. I eventually find a way to see these two as not opposing each other, but rather as being different views of the same thing.

Then comes the realization that I'm the observer. That it's okay to have both views, and choose which one to emphasize and follow in the moment, at my own discretion.

Then a moment of silence. Then the next conundrum appears.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Spiritual struggle of their life?

What kind of struggle? The kind that overwhelms them?

By the way you make it sound, maybe they need a psychiatrist more than they need buddha.

That's what's so troubling about this. How can we have a inner struggle without being perceived as someone who needs to be on medication? If you don't already know, meds are passed around like chocolate anymore. And the medical community seems happy to prescribe them.
edit on 23-8-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

Nice comments. I know what you mean.

I agree, we can't rid the world of all misery. Some of it's going to happen because there're others who continue to make the same choices. We cannot make their choices for them, not yet anyway.

I don't believe in shutting off, though. I want to know the truth, to a fault, probably.

There comes a point where doubt and distrust hurt you more than help you.

It's hard to appreciate things because they become so familiar and mundane. I try to remind myself that we can live in luxury here in the developed world only because 'cheap' goods were produced on the hard labor and sacrifices of those in more trying circumstances than our own. There's no such thing as cheap goods. None of the luxury we enjoy was free. People worked and worked and worked so we could live this way, and they got very little in return. By very little, I mean pennies to the dollar, no health insurance, no days off, polluted rivers, polluted air, and so on. Many of them lost the beauty of their native world to our consuming lifestyle and now only have the jobs that took it away. Some of us admit this truth, others are in stubborn denial.

Even the low-income work in our own country is exploited in a similar way. A lot of the goods and services are priced too low and the workers in those fields are not properly compensated.

All of this makes it seem that I hate myself and my country. Not true. We're all humans. We're all confused and dumb. We would pollute our world before we ever decide to understand it. If anything, humans themselves, of all nations and creed, are to blame. We're so quick to kill and forget. To consume. Quick to play and make stupid choices, and slow to learn.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by jonnywhite

Who cares what others perceive you as?!

Just because someone thinks you may be mentally ill, doesn't mean they're going to get the right to force you into taking pills.

Just tell them to shove it if they say you should be on pills. That's for yourself, or a court to decide.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by jonnywhite

I'm not shutting off, as in going into denial, or lacking awareness.

I'm disconnecting from the thoughts, in order to take in a different view, and form a synthesis between the two.

I'm all for the truth, brother.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Who are you to tell me I'm wrong? Are you in possession of factual information no one else on the planet is? Or have I made you stop to think of something that might shake your mindset? And in answer to your question, well I think it is because your question kind of makes no sense. People put thier lives on the line for other people because evolution has not yet caught up to the modern world of 6 billion people. It's still in our genetic make up ( hunter gatherer, clan) that the person in trouble must be related ( human response) hence we must protect our genes. Once evolution catches up and understands that the person in trouble most likely isn't related the willingness to put ones life on the line for a stranger will go the way of the Dodo

. Also you must be one of those people who formulate an answer before reading the post properly. A skimmer if you will.

I said that' if there is a life after death'. That's an open statement and that means I don't know so how could I be saying there isn't you twit? I didn't say there wasn't because unlike yourself I can't make that assumption. But what I can tell you through experience is that we are subject to random and chance, therefor there's no intervening force greater than oursleves, and I CHALLENGE you to ask any emergency sevice worker what the cause of most emergency situations are. They'll tell you human stupidity.

The one thing you are obvioulsy right about is that you have never been there.

Also if you had actually read and analyzed what I said you'd have seen that I did point out the meaning of our lives but if you can't see what it is well I guess you are an evolutionary dead end.

You are a waste of the ether and I've obviously upset you by pointing out the obvious.

edit on 23-8-2011 by steveknows because: (no reason given)

You are a waste of the ether!! How aggressive, obtuse, selfish, close minded...
Someone said something that didn`t quite agree with you and this is how you react?
You judge people on their evolutionary state and yet are so unaccepting of people`s evolution?
Had you reached a stage where you were above all of us, able to judge and advise on how to advance further OK... but what it seems to me, is that you are still caught up in your daily and futile/meaningless struggles...

How dare you accuse someone to be a waste of the ether...?

I want a deep and thorough, well backed up explanation to this.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Just a quick note.

Past lives are real we all have live many lives if you want to believe it or not, but every time we come back we forget the last one so it looks like it's our first one again.

Now that is where the problem lies, what we are going through is a transition in our beings. We are living in a age where we will all be given back the ability to know all of our past lives all at once. There lies the problem with all of this new and strange information coming in we don't know who we are any more. That is what is happening now with all of this spiritual struggle.

This transformation will be different for everyone, we will all go through different events that will prepare us for the final push to complete change in our lives, for those that can't exist in this new reality. There is only one way out and that is to leave this world and to come back when this change has taken full effect.

We live in a free will universe yes that means you can believe anything you want to believe and live any type of life you want to live. And that includes what I just said, so it's up to you believe what you like.

Just one more thing you see this event is world wide every signal human being is going through the same thing right now just like you, now what would cause the worlds population of 6 + billion people to go through the same event ? Just think about it what would it be.

The answer is simple .

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Absco
reply to post by steveknows

I'm not trying to dethread this post but for Steve, yeah man, this is how dumb our police are:

Re-accrediation

We Got Rogue Cops!!!

Oh and I think I said like 13 deaths? Yeah...It's 19...

shot the guy in the back while he was on the ground! That's wrong in anyones book and any country in any language. If that media report is holding true you do have killer cops in your town my friend.

First off you're right to post on this thread because it's about spirituality and wha tlife is about and that would be high in regards to anyones questions. Second it deserves a thread all its own you should start one. That's just against all things freedom and right. I hope other people reading this take the time to look at the links.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by JesusLives

Nope. Not at all. I don't have any spirituality to struggle with or against. Atheism is kinda cool that way.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Ya careful with the quotes or replies (or whatever), it might look like you're debating yourself.

That's kind of funny actually. Why is humor based off the misfortune of ohters?

Is it that we need a reliable method to 'remember' that others are worse off than ourselves?

So to value jokes that play on the misfortune of others by laughing is a evolutionary irony?

I know I'm not making sense there. Just wondering why jokes/humor are this way.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sarahko

Who are you to tell me I'm wrong? Are you in possession of factual information no one else on the planet is? Or have I made you stop to think of something that might shake your mindset? And in answer to your question, well I think it is because your question kind of makes no sense. People put thier lives on the line for other people because evolution has not yet caught up to the modern world of 6 billion people. It's still in our genetic make up ( hunter gatherer, clan) that the person in trouble must be related ( human response) hence we must protect our genes. Once evolution catches up and understands that the person in trouble most likely isn't related the willingness to put ones life on the line for a stranger will go the way of the Dodo

. Also you must be one of those people who formulate an answer before reading the post properly. A skimmer if you will.

I said that' if there is a life after death'. That's an open statement and that means I don't know so how could I be saying there isn't you twit? I didn't say there wasn't because unlike yourself I can't make that assumption. But what I can tell you through experience is that we are subject to random and chance, therefor there's no intervening force greater than oursleves, and I CHALLENGE you to ask any emergency sevice worker what the cause of most emergency situations are. They'll tell you human stupidity.

The one thing you are obvioulsy right about is that you have never been there.

Also if you had actually read and analyzed what I said you'd have seen that I did point out the meaning of our lives but if you can't see what it is well I guess you are an evolutionary dead end.

You are a waste of the ether and I've obviously upset you by pointing out the obvious.

This is where steveknows post ends but the tool who has commented obvioulsy doesn't know to not delete the quote line.

You are a waste of the ether!! How aggressive, obtuse, selfish, close minded...
Someone said something that didn`t quite agree with you and this is how you react?
You judge people on their evolutionary state and yet are so unaccepting of people`s evolution?
Had you reached a stage where you were above all of us, able to judge and advise on how to advance further OK... but what it seems to me, is that you are still caught up in your daily and futile/meaningless struggles...

How dare you accuse someone to be a waste of the ether...?

I want a deep and thorough, well backed up explanation to this.

Now Steve knows picks up again.

You want to take a hike.

Who the hell are you? let me guess this is a christian gathering or what was a post about spiritualism and it's been hijacked and now I've upset a few perceptions of how things are so now I'll be a punching bag. You sir are so up your self to think that by you saying "I want a deep and thorough, well backed up explanation" That it will prompt me to give you one. I've earned my stripes in life and just going on your ravings I have no doubt you are a litttle mostly bald headed, but with a bit of a cresent hairline around the back of your head, virgin who rents a room off your mum at the age of 50 yet still believes in a God

That clown had a go at me for no good reason and what has upset you isn't that I had a go back but that I have stated that I don't believe in God. And you know it. You tool!

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
It is because as we get older our logical reasoning becomes getter and we do not comprehend that there is a spiritual side to each and everyone of us.

We struggle because we are stiff necked. If we can just look as things anew like a child we are able to see God's work at hand. His word is coming true before our eyes, and only those who are not for him will miss out and suffer.

We are so temporal that we can not see that the short time here is nothing to the eternity once this physical body is exhausted, or destroyed before its time.

Physical pleasure that is un-godly is greater to some then the pleasure that God has in store for us latter.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Yes. This has been going on years, and for the record, since I started meds for "ADD" this year it has increased dramatically. By the way, I am very sorry if this post is all over the place, my brain just thinks in spurts like this, it takes me too long to connect everything properly... so I will just leave it as is so I don't drive myself crazy.

I was raised a strict Catholic. At a young age, I questioned. Before I was a teen I declared I was atheist, but I was still forced to attend mass every sunday until I was eighteen. Years and years, I had to listen priests droning on and on about repentance and how I was a born sinner and if I did not take Christ as my savior I would be damned to hell. My cat went to hell. The Dalai Lama went to hell. Amazonian tribes? Going to hell. My innocent, inquisitive mind could not fathom a god that would create beings just to cast them off. So, I rejected Catholicism's (well, Christianity in general) view of God and I have not looked back since. Blissfully apathetic Agnostic I described myself; I do not know, you do not know, no one knows, let's not let it interfere with our lives. So many problems caused by difference in religion, it is preposterous!

In the past few years I have just felt something in me. While I did not believe in "God" I still felt an influence of some sort. So recently I have started to embrace the idea of yin and yang, the balance of male and female energy. I realized, the reason I detest Christianity so much is because it is misogynistic. God is male, he has a son... the women are only wombs. Where is the feminine spirit whose energy I feel so strongly? What is it that makes me think and feel so different from men?

I do believe in past life regression. I do believe that in me is something special unknown to me, that I can unlock my mind's potential to do a lot of good. I am very nurturing, it could have been how I was raised, but I feel such a strong sense of empathy that I sometimes think that my purpose in my life is to help as many people as I can.

In the past two months, it feels like my life has like started clicking into place.... Things that have happened have finally made sense, showing their connections.. I have gotten a lot into my astrology, since I am the typical Gemini, I want to make sense of the two sides of myself that I feel have struggled for so long. I have read tarot a few years, but recently bought a Thoth deck, which just feels RIGHT, I don't know. The same cards come up often, and I knew their definition, but did not know how to apply them to my life... I visited a lady that read cards.. Happened to have the same deck, which excited me, but I did not tell her I read at all... The ten cards she pulled were some of the ones familiar to me, and she told me "You have a struggle going on in your life right now. You have so much masculine energy ruling your life, you need to stop questioning your intuition and embrace your femininity." It was like someone hit me in the face. That day I looked back at a spread I laid out about a month before (I had written it down on paper) and looked really in depth at the cards and researched and found that they had exactly told me what was going on. I began seeing how the universe was giving me signs everywhere, that I wasn't looking hard enough to see the truth.

Then I thought... My aunt gave me a necklace when I turned eighteen.. She had visited a Female Native American Shaman (sorry for lack of true name) and gotten it from her.. The Shaman had picked out two stones for me.. One Lapis Lazuli, the other Citrine. I knew citrine was one of the stones for my birth month, but I had never asked my aunt what the woman actually said about why she chose them. I decided to call my aunt and ask. She said "I do not remember exactly everything, but she said the Lapis was because you are royalty, your being is on a higher path than others." I really hope to find this woman's address so I can contact her and asks if she remembers, hopefully I will be doing that soon because it would be really really exciting to hear her wisdom..

In the past year I have had intense, vivid dreams, in places I am familiar with, relationships with people I have never seen, but I feel and I think and I make decisions... It is so real. This has never happened before... Not this lucid. I would really like to look into past life regression, because I feel like my third eye is finally opening...

I do not know where I am going with this post, so I will leave it there.. But it truly is a happy feeling being on my path to enlightenment. I feel like as long as I am going on the good path I am, the truth will reveal itself to me. I do not know my purpose in life, but I know that I will find it soon. Maybe 2012 I will get healing powers? I can transfer their good energy to others in cookie form

No one is wrong. It is about finding and recognizing what is right for you, not just going en masse! Let's help each other in challenging our minds?

My best to everyone else on the same path... I am an entity unto myself
I think it's wonderful to doubt, it means I am not blind!

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Strangely after I did read your post I did sing on to ATS - after 4 years just reading, must be the special day today!

I struggle for years.
There are lots of questions life brings up during a lifetime and it does not stop.

You did not explain further what your struggle is about, maybe it is because it is difficult to explain and maybe you want just some response, some support and i really want do to give you the feeling that you are not alone, many many people do struggle, it is something essential - without it it there is no progress.
But I have the feeling you already know that!

I never consciously read a post of you before but thank you very much for your apology and wish you good luck on your way!

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
I am new to this site, I also have not hit the required minimums to create a new thread, and considering what I am about to throw out here, I do not know where the best place is to start revealing about myself I consider it a spiritual issue so I am going to post it here. I am going to save this and re-post it in other places if I find somewhere more specific in the forums to throw this out here.

I have been raised Christian all of my life. I have walked with the Lord for a long time but have had a "yo yo" relationship with him threw out the years. (backsliding). I believe in the baptism of the Holy Spirit, and know for sure 100% without a doubt that God is real. I am not hear to sell anyone on religion. I have had an open mind through out the years about alot of different things in life and believe many things could be possible.

I have, from an early age had many, MANY dreams. Sometimes they would be re-occurring over a period of a few days to even a couple of months. Extremely vivid. 3D dreams. As I became an adult and ended up falling by the way side I became an addict and really had a terrible time with it destroying my life. Throughout my addiction I would try and quit and really "yo yo" with that as well..At the times I would quit though, I would notice my dreams would come back very strong and sometimes disturbing, and I noticed a connection, when I smoked weed I wouldn't dream so I stayed high for a long time. Well I have always had a curiosity of weird science so through out the years I have searched on ufo technology and aliens among other things. I have been researching about the NWO's hidden agenda as well, along with the planet Nibiru and so on...well one day it just hit me that, the closer it gets to 2012 the crazier my dreams get. I know there is a verse in the old testament as well as the new testament that talks about in the last days our sons and daughters will dream dreams and see visions etc. Which brings me to what I am about to tell you. This really freaked me out and I can't hold it in anymore.

The other night I was studying about the NWO and all these agenda's focusing on depopulation along with what happened 9/11 and why we have been lied to about it, and I watched this video on informationliberation dot com called the ring of fire. I do not believe what it was saying about Jesus because I just found it to be border line heresy to my beliefs so I skipped through it and watched the rest of it learning about the british empire and such...Point being it disturbed the hell out of me and I was hit with this overwhelming feeling of fear so I shut it down and went to sleep.

I had this dream, I was looking at NYC from the perspective of seeing its skyline, like i was on a mountain and the top of the buildings were almost eye level. I had this bad feeling that something cataclysmic was happening. As I watched the view all of a sudden I saw, at first what appeared to be this really cool looking airplane (not a commercial one) fly into view. It was grey colored, it was "pin striped" with blue stripe going around it. Kind of like some of those jets would have, and it seemed to have an emblem on it like it was a number, or some strange letter from an alphabet I have never seen...almost like it was Sanskrit or something. It didn't appear to have windows in it, although I am sure whatever was in it could see out. (Remember this was my mindset in the dream.) Anyway, as I was looking at it, it flew in, slowed down, and all of a sudden the nose of it rose up, as the rear dropped, and it looked like it just stood up straight, still floating, to the point I was looking at the underbelly of it like it was a wall right in front of me, and I could see these blue afterburners on the bottom...like it was a video game. My first thought was like COOL MAN I haven't seen a plane like that yet! Then when I looked to the side of it in the background behind it i could see jet airplanes like from the military flying around and realized compared to the craft I was staring at, they were very tiny...Then it hit me, this plane or whatever it is isn't from here. It was as large as some of the sky scrapers. Well I started feeling extremely uncomfortable then, when I started to think OH DAMN, THIS ISN'T GOOD, there were 2 places on the belly of the craft that at first glance looked like they were just there to breath or pass air through, smaller crafts the exact same shape/color from both sides started to fly out of ports. There were hundreds flying out and around NYC..They were the same size (well maybe a little bigger) than OUR airplanes.

Then I woke up with all of my hair standing up on my body. I was really scared as hell. I was thinking like this was a end of the world scenario during my dream. I remember the ship vividly, the shape and everything. I have tried to draw it but i can't draw, but I remember exactly what it looked like.

Well I got up and went out in the other room and on TV the earthquake just hit DC and the rest of the northeast coast. I know this sounds stupid, but I have had many dreams that make me feel like something is about to go down, and it does. I don't know what a space ship has to do with an earthquake, but the only thing that was comparable with it all was the fact that my mind set was that something bad was going to happen that will threaten the earth or whatever..dreams that don;t mean anything in the real world i never remember, but the dreams I have that do mean something, I wake up thinking about for weeks. I think this was some type of sign. I have been sober a while now, so I definitely wasn't tripping. I do believe it means something. Especially considering I woke up right when the earthquake was going down on TV. I'm down south so we didn't feel anything as far as the quake was concerned. Is there a connection, to my dream, the ship in the dream, the earthquake, and whats about to go down with the government and possible martial law after obama sells us down the river?

I just wanted to share this to see if there may be something to this dream, because I believe as dec 21 2012 gets closer, they are only going to get more drastic. If anyone has any feedback, I am all ears...thanks for reading, I am a little embarrassed to even share this, but it has bothered me to the point I can't keep it in. Does this mean anything to anyone else?

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   

How do you know its really a struggle?

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Yes. But it is not what many would think of as "spiritual."

I had gotten by in the world by relying on some quite strong strengths while neglecting some very real weaknesses.

Finally the weaknesses caught up with me. I would really like those weaknesses to be strengths right now. But they just aren't. So I'm like a grown up person with the mentality of a kid. Faced again with all the same challenges I was faced with when I was young. And trying to come up with more "sustainable" decisions than the last time around. During my adulthood I learned a whole new body of spiritual knowledge. But it is hell trying to apply it! Those weaknesses are like pebbles in my shoes! I feel very hindered by them now, whereas before they seemed like minor annoyances.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   
The flesh and the spirit are at war with each other.

The two cannot stand each other.

The mind is the battleground, The enemy attacks our minds with fiery darts and send us lies to deceive us and confuse us, To hurt us and fill us with unbelief.

We are to shield ourselves above all with the Shield of Faith, And quench ALL the fiery darts of the Wicked one
Ephesians 6:16

Your mind tells you one thing, But the spirit believes another thing.

Many people are going through what everyone believes at this point coming, to be THE GREAT AWAKENING of Consciousness and realization of who they are.

But i tell you there is only one Truth to who humans are, And only one way your going to Find the Spiritual truth of who you are, And that is the Word of God, That is THE WORD is CHRIST.

John 1:1, In the beggining was the Word, and the Word was with GOD, and the Word was GOD.

Theres only one truth and that you are a Child of GOD, made in his image and likeness, With free will and choice to choose what you do.

Jesus came and Died for the Sins of man, and to restore man, to rightful dominion and place of true heir in all creation.

Through His sacrifice We are made quickening Spirits, Born again through His blood, And made NEW CREATIONS literally, Not since the Garden of Eve Has man had this point of Power.

Submit to the HOLY SPIRIT and Be filled and baptized into Him the Spirit Of Truth and receive the Fullness of GOD and His glory and Truth in your life.

God is the Father, God is the Son Christ Jesus, And He is the Holy Spirit (The Comforter, The Spirit of Truth, The Spirit of God)

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   
I've been given a load of truth and even dreams given from God so I know he exists. I'm a recent convert just converted in July. I had a pretty supernatural awakening, things that went against science and dreams that correlated to things that were happening in reality that I didn't know about.

Despite all of this I am still smoking!!! God even made a pack of cigarettes disappear to first let me know that I shouldn't be smoking, that was over a month ago. I feel horribly guilt. I try to quit all the time. I'll buy a pack finish it then make it 2 or 3 days then give in and a buy another one. Each time I go without smoking I become just livid and get really angry and take it out on God. I feel horrible about it. I just feel ashamed of myself. Whenever I am withdrawing from the cigarettes I get in the worst mood ever and start justifying my smoking in very disrespectful ways. God has given me a great opportunity but I feel like I'm blowing it! You wouldn't believe some of the mean and nasty things I've thought.

Today is day 2 wish me luck. Hope God won't hold it against me.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join