It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is anyone else in the spiritual struggle of their life right now?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   
And I would just like to say that those of you who are not into believing, I have been very impressed with your tact in this forum. Thanks for being respectful and I apologize if I have ever come across as disrespectful.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   
I have always struggled with my spirituality, honestly, but as of late, things have felt extremely hectic.

I've been questioning God from an early age, I know he's been with me from the beginning and I've always felt a strong connection with Him... though, I don't think I've ever truly submitted my will.

Enough of me, though, what exactly are you referring to? Perhaps we can help one another find solid ground.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Every day man.

I've also questioned all types of religion but lately it literally just 'feels' like something is happening. Bigger than all of us. I'm getting really sick of what's happening on this planet. I actually, lately have been feeling super hostile towards all authority. Probably not wise to admit it, but it's as if I'm ready to be challenged by the powers at be, and I'm ready to die while fighting. Eh, going off on a rant but I do feel ya...

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Me too.

Life is a highway and many times some demon is behind the wheel. Just can't catch a break now, can we.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by JesusLives

Honestly I am kinda battling myself inside. Almost my entire family are christians, and i like to consider myself the "Agnostic Atheist".. It creates a lot of tension at times as my mom is scared of the whole "we wont see you in heaven thing and that worries me".. No one won't change my beliefs not even my family, as i refuse to believe to just "save myself"..

- Bill Maher " Christianity, it's like the lottery if you don't play you can't win".

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   
I think the cares of this world weigh upon us. The more we put off the intimacy of prayer and The Word, the further we slip away. That coupled with the fact that iniquity abounds and the love of many wax cold.

That's all I will say for now..
s/f

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Looks like some of us sailing in the same boat. But where and how does God comes in to view in Spirituality?
Why do we need God to be spiritual? It is more of an inner struggle and has little to do with certain beliefs.
edit on 23-8-2011 by radkrish because: add

edit on 23-8-2011 by radkrish because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by JesusLives
And I would just like to say that those of you who are not into believing, I have been very impressed with your tact in this forum. Thanks for being respectful and I apologize if I have ever come across as disrespectful.

OK i have a question for you, since to 'me' your username and this topic can't really fit well together.

Are you religious? Either catholic or christian?
What is your definition of 'spirituality'?

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   

While i'm not presently in a spiritual struggle i have witnessed others go difficult times, which is why i write. I've seen good people who are in a tough time wind up seeking solace in houses of worship that ultimately do more harm than good. There are some religions that are barely recognized as having cult status and people need to be aware and beware.

I am a person of faith. I just don't like seeing someone being mislead and their lives being altered by wolves in sheeps clothing. There are some houses of worship led by people who will latch on to someone in their time of need and make sure their every spare moment is spent with their group. In short time a person may abandon all friends and family and be fully immersed in a new thing they have found. The results are not always good in the long run. People need to be awake and aware, and remain in control of themselves.

I wish you the best and hope all will be well.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Absco
Every day man.

I've also questioned all types of religion but lately it literally just 'feels' like something is happening. Bigger than all of us. I'm getting really sick of what's happening on this planet. I actually, lately have been feeling super hostile towards all authority. Probably not wise to admit it, but it's as if I'm ready to be challenged by the powers at be, and I'm ready to die while fighting. Eh, going off on a rant but I do feel ya...

I can understand why you find it hard to quell the anger within; we're treated like children by those who would see us burn, it's natural to fight when your back is against the wall. If self-preservation wasn't part of our mammal instinct, we'd have gone extinct ages ago. But these demons have other plans...

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   

In the last few months, my struggles have compounded. Partially due to my own disobedience, partially due to lack of discipline (spiritually and otherwise), partially because of increased confrontation with my family due to and difference in faith, partially because I'm worried about my gf and her recent decent into the spiritual struggle of her life (which is also our future...)... but mostly it is because I get to deal with all this at the same time AND with increased veracity in each area. In addition to all this, I feel like the spiritual leadership God has placed in my life are to busy to help me... Did I mention that I think my parents think I'm in a cult??? oi... Just because I actually try to live right and be transformed... and I'm going to stop that thought here before I start ranting....

So to answer your question, yes I am in the spiritual struggle of my life. It even got so far that I thought I was beyond repentance because I didn't feel any conviction and I knew logically that was a BIG problem. but I still saw the fingerprints of God moving and working in my life, so I held on and prayed that God would break my heart again and help me come back to repentance. that was about a month ago... I'm rebuilding my relationship with Him again. Father, thank You that I have been made righteous as a gift by Your grace through the redemption which is in Jesus Christ, Your Son. Thank you that through the shedding of His blood, He took the punishment for my sin so that I could be made right with You. AMEN! This is my faith, That I have been made righteous by the blood He shed, and because my sins are forgiven, I can have fellowship with my Father, my Brother, and my Friend.
edit on 2011/8/23 by michaelwpayton because: Romans 3:21

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   
I was a professional fireman. I saw the stupid pathetic side of humanity on a regular basis. I was medically discharged. They called it PTSD. I called it an awakening to the fact of there being no God, no plan, no rules. But though it carries a weight this realisation, it's liberating as no words, no act, no threat can carry strength.

If there's another life after this. What we do now or what is done in this world has nothing to do with what happens in the next. Live now for all you're worth and do what you wish. You will not answer to anyone when you die.

Once you have a child and pass on your genes and help that investment until the investment can help his or her self your job is done. That is the only natural rule in life and the only thing you are truly accountable for.
edit on 23-8-2011 by steveknows because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Every day man.

Where do you come from? If you come from the over regulated nation of Australia it's understandable

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by steveknows
I was a professional fireman. I saw the stupid pathetic side of humanity on a regular basis. I was medically discharged. They called it PTSD. I called it an awakening to the fact of there being no God, no plan, no rules. But though it carries a weight this realisation, it's liberating as no words, no act, no threat can carry strength.

If there's another life after this. What we do now or what is done in this world has nothing to do with what happens in the next. Live now for all you're worth and do what you wish. You will not answer to anyone when you die.

Once you have a child and pass on your genes and help that investment until the investment can help his or her self your job is done. That is the only natural rule in life and the only thing you are truly accountable for.

So seeing the "stupid pathetic side of humanity" led you to the conclusion that there is no God? Why didn't it simply reinforce that we are merely physical beings on this planet - subject to accidents and tragedies as well as the good like seeing your child being born? Why did it have to take away a belief that our bodies are simply physical coverings of a soul, a spirit of God? .
You must have seen situations whereby people did stupid things without a thought for their life and the exact opposite where people took other peoples lives. I personally could not imagine myself being able to do that,
But what you concluded was that life has no meaning - nothing, nada, zilch. That our time here on Earth means nothing. And from this conclusion, you have decided that there is no possibility of life after death.

How wrong you are! You have decided to throw out the baby with the bath water.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Is anyone else in the spiritual struggle of their life right now?

I think there is a change that is effecting all of us... and that there are some predispositions that lead us on our own, personal journeys.

The question that bears asking is whether these changes are self-induced or external in their nature. Are we experiencing something that is washing over our species or are we simply suffering from a form of mass hysteria rooting from a number of converging circumstances?

To be sure, between Nibiru/Planet-X and 2012 and economic chaos and global unrest and numerous wars and what looks like a steep uptick in geologic rumbling, it could be reasoned that what we feel is just a result of stress on the framework of civilization itself.

On the other hand, there is also appears to be a convergence of ancient prophesy that tells us that things are going to get pretty dicey as we round the corner to the homestretch before some big changes and spiritual events that we have been long scheduled to undergo.

Making it all even more stressful is that, as a race, we are camping-up (so to speak) under various banners that create stark divisions. There are the atheists vs. theists, the politic extremists vs. other political extremists, mainscream science vs. the open mind... not to even mention the various subdivisions within both religion and open-spirituality.

My personal opinion is that this is all part of the endgame where there will be an acute sharpening of focus and contrast/division before we finally arrive at the answer. Humanity is not a child race... it is an unborn about to come to full term. The birth will be a traumatic and painful experience for all of earthly creation but... also the beginning of the next stage of life.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Where do you come from? If you come from the over regulated nation of Australia it's understandable

lol no I'm from New Mexico. We got a lot of trigger happy cops (they've killed 1 person a month for the past 13 months) and being in a small town it's pretty much martial law here. That's what it seems like anyways.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhoKnows100

So seeing the "stupid pathetic side of humanity" led you to the conclusion that there is no God? Why didn't it simply reinforce that we are merely physical beings on this planet - subject to accidents and tragedies as well as the good like seeing your child being born? Why did it have to take away a belief that our bodies are simply physical coverings of a soul, a spirit of God? .
You must have seen situations whereby people did stupid things without a thought for their life and the exact opposite where people took other peoples lives. I personally could not imagine myself being able to do that,
But what you concluded was that life has no meaning - nothing, nada, zilch. That our time here on Earth means nothing. And from this conclusion, you have decided that there is no possibility of life after death.

How wrong you are! You have decided to throw out the baby with the bath water.

Who are you to tell me I'm wrong? Are you in possession of factual information no one else on the planet is? Or have I made you stop to think of something that might shake your mindset? And in answer to your question, well I think it is because your question kind of makes no sense. People put thier lives on the line for other people because evolution has not yet caught up to the modern world of 6 billion people. It's still in our genetic make up ( hunter gatherer, clan) that the person in trouble must be related ( human response) hence we must protect our genes. Once evolution catches up and understands that the person in trouble most likely isn't related the willingness to put ones life on the line for a stranger will go the way of the Dodo

. Also you must be one of those people who formulate an answer before reading the post properly. A skimmer if you will.

I said that' if there is a life after death'. That's an open statement and that means I don't know so how could I be saying there isn't you twit? I didn't say there wasn't because unlike yourself I can't make that assumption. But what I can tell you through experience is that we are subject to random and chance, therefor there's no intervening force greater than oursleves, and I CHALLENGE you to ask any emergency sevice worker what the cause of most emergency situations are. They'll tell you human stupidity.

The one thing you are obvioulsy right about is that you have never been there.

Also if you had actually read and analyzed what I said you'd have seen that I did point out the meaning of our lives but if you can't see what it is well I guess you are an evolutionary dead end.

You are a waste of the ether and I've obviously upset you by pointing out the obvious.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Friend, I struggled with my own spirituality for many years, that is, until I came to realize that I AM a Spirit, and a Divine one at that, a true piece of the Creators. I began to think as a Spirit, not a man, and began to stop putting my "faith" in any of the many thousands of Gods people have created for themselves over the years. I went into past life regression, and began to put the pieces together and realized that as a Spirit I have been here for a very long time. I began to build my own place of rest and relaxation in the Afterlife, and it is now mostly completed. My Great and Divine Mother and Father are always with me in whatever I do, and my family awaits me in my home. Happy Days!

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   

lol no I'm from New Mexico. We got a lot of trigger happy cops (they've killed 1 person a month for the past 13 months) and being in a small town it's pretty much martial law here. That's what it seems like anyways.

Yep I see and can understand. I lived in the U.S for 2 years in Victorville CA and I've seen the cops can be a bit nervy. Mind you my ex wife who is American and works in law enforcement used let me in on a few bits from the other point of view if you know what I mean. In Aus it's the Victorian state police who have the record for shooting poeple but they don't match what you've just stated. Sounds bad and something to worry about.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by steveknows

I'm not trying to dethread this post but for Steve, yeah man, this is how dumb our police are:

Re-accrediation

We Got Rogue Cops!!!

Oh and I think I said like 13 deaths? Yeah...It's 19...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join