It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reports coming in that Gaddafi has been shot dead

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

So you are proven wrong and try to change your point? You said it was an admission of responsibility when it was no such thing.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Well breaking...

Update... fail, it was one of his sons.
edit on 21-8-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross

So you are proven wrong and try to change your point?

Not changed...clarified.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Well breaking...

Update... fail, it was one of his sons.
edit on 21-8-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

Where is that breaking from? Source? Not that I doubt you...It's just that I am reading that 2 of gadafi's sons have been captured, still nothing about the devil himself.

link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man

Originally posted by Swills

Say what you will, but a picture is worth a thousand words

Yes...and most of those 1000 words have nothing to do with the picture.

Nice use of an overused and meaningless phrase.

Hmmm, you don't deserve that silver lining me thinks..

Your words in reference to the that statue.

Yet, Gaddafi erected a statue celebrating the downing of that Pan Am flight on the grounds of his palace.

If that's not an admission of responsibility, then I don't know what is.

Your words clearly indicate you think that statue was errected to immortalize a terrorist act when in Fact it immortalizes the bombings of 1986.

In conclusion, the pictures prove the statue is crushing a US fighter plane and is not a statue of crushing Pam Am 103 passenger plane, or any passenger place for that matter. The bombing of Pam Am happened in 1988 and the bombing of Libya happened in 1986. Just more fun facts

Pam Am Flight 103

Claims of responsibility

According to a CIA analysis dated 22 December 1988, several groups were quick to claim responsibility in telephone calls in the United States and Europe:
* A male caller claimed that a group called the Guardians of the Islamic Revolution had destroyed the plane in retaliation for the U.S. shootdown of Iran Air Flight 655 in the Persian Gulf the previous July.
* A caller claiming to represent the Islamic Jihad Organization told ABC News in New York that the group had planted the bomb.
After finishing this list, the author stated, "We consider the claims from the Guardians of the Islamic Revolution as the most credible one received so far". The analysis concluded, "We cannot assign responsibility for this tragedy to any terrorist group at this time. We anticipate that, as often happens, many groups will seek to claim credit".[43][44]

And now for the Libyan connection, right?

On 22 February 2011 during the Libyan protests, the ex Minister of Justice Mustafa Mohamed Abud Al Jeleil stated in an interview with the Swedish newspaper Expressen that Muammar al-Gaddafi had personally ordered the bombing.[45]

Now make no mistake, I am not defending Gaddafi, but I do not support blatant lies
edit on 21-8-2011 by Swills because: (no reason given)

link   

No, changed. You clearly stated that pic proved Ghaddafi was responsible for the Lockerbie bombing. It had nothing to do with the Lockerbie bombing.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross

No, changed. You clearly stated that pic proved Ghaddafi was responsible for the Lockerbie bombing. It had nothing to do with the Lockerbie bombing.

Ok, I'm wrong. I confused the dates. At least I'm big enough to admit my mistake. How often does that happen around here?

Nonetheless, refute these facts and/or explain them away:

Also of note:

On 29 May 2002, Libya offered up to US$2.7 billion to settle claims by the families of the 270 killed in the Lockerbie bombing

On 15 August 2003, Libya's UN ambassador, Ahmed Own, submitted a letter to the UN Security Council formally accepting "responsibility for the actions of its officials" in relation to the Lockerbie bombing.

en.wikipedia.org...

GUILTY!

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Mate you have no idea at all! The Statue was erected to comemorate Ghaddafi's survival when the American military bombed the s#!^ out of Libya in 1986! its well documented!!! en.wikipedia.org...

DO SOME RESEARCH!!!!

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Not necessarily. People charged with crimes do sometimes admit guilt, while proclaiming their innocence. The admission is to avoid the death penalty, or, in Libya's case, sanctions. Interesting that in public, US officials blamed LIbya, but in private, blamed Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine. Of course each of these accusations covered up the possibility that it was actually CIA agents' desire to protect their drug routes that led to the bomb plot not being stopped, when it was known about in advance.

Ghaddafi is no angel, but I do not think he is responsible for this.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Ghaddafi had to admit it or they would not allow him in the UN. He needed to be in the UN to better serve his own people. Ghaddafi states this in an adress to his people.
You sure you wouldnt be better suited on the FOX news forums???

Btw just thought id add.... I think that silver lining should be stripped from your posts....
edit on 21-8-2011 by 412304 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by 412304

DO SOME RESEARCH!!!!

One would think that, when one lived through a time period, one would not need to do any research. Unfortunately, my memories of the 80's are not as pristine as they once were.

What's more sad than my memory lapse? Your qualifying a wikipedia search as "research". Are you worn out after that?

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Hey, now that Libya has fallen to the "rebels" JP Morgan can give Chavez the gold he wants back.

(can you say Libya gold is now changing hands)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man

DO SOME RESEARCH!!!!

One would think that, when one lived through a time period, one would not need to do any research. Unfortunately, my memories of the 80's are not as pristine as they once were.

What's more sad than my memory lapse? Your qualifying a wikipedia search as "research". Are you worn out after that?

LMAO!!! wiki links are better then the way you do things... no links.. no reasearch... are you worn out from talking out your A$$ ?

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   

are you worn out from talking out your A$$ ?

No, not worn out, just drinking up so I can tolerate the Dallas Cowboy game I am about to witness. Here, I'll have a few for you...

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
So ummm... can someone change the title since it's entirely inaccurate?

Libya Live Blog

...just sayin'

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Let's play a game.

Let's say that you have your own country, we'll call it Vitchiloland. Some of your citizens love you, some of your citizens hate you.

You get along with your neighboring countries but one big country in particular hates everything you stand for. Over the years the big country calls you names, make accusations against you, calls you a pedophile and child murderer. Soon all the other countries start calling you names too. You are accused of things you say you didn't commit.

One day a gunman bursts in your door and calls you a pedophile child murderer and points a gun at you and says he is going to kill you for the crimes you committed.

Would you
A.) Want to tell your side of the story?
B.) Take a bullet in the head because all the other countries say you are a pedophile and child murderer?

My guess is you would fall to your knees begging mercy and saying it was all lies and proclaiming your innocence.

In America a person is presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. Usually you are tried for your alleged crimes by a just of your peers and the evidence presented before a judge decides your fate. Guilty or not guilty.

What gives any person the right to be judge, jury and executioner all in one?

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by survivalstation

I completely agree with you. America needs to return to our Constitutional foreign policy. Avoid entanglements, encourage free trade. Stop being the world police. We are definitely not winning any wars and we're pissing off the entire planet in the process.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaDreamer
you state it is confirmed via al jazerra... yet you provide a link to twitter...

might as well link to yourself, twitter has no credibility and not a valid source for anything other than unfounded gossip

Op stated "Source is MalikAlAbdeh, Chief Editor of the Syrian pro-democracy satellite channel Barada TV... so it's probably credible."

Thanks OP and CaDreamer read the full post... he stated where the info was from... take it, leave it, or do some research and add your own sources.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join