It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reports coming in that Gaddafi has been shot dead

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Libya Tweet Grid

tweetgrid.com...

So how long before fundamentalists start running the show......and I guess its time to move the show to Syria.

Also, this will give the markets a boost tomorrow, keep the illusion alive for a few more weeks.

edit on 21-8-2011 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
In Tripoli. It was on Al-Jazeera.... but Al-Jazeera is not the source...

Finally!

Some links are coming once they are available.

RT @MalikAlAbdeh: CONFIRMED: Mu'amar #Gaddafi, leader of #Libya for 42 years, has been shot DEAD in vicinity of Rixos Hotel in #Tripoli. #FF

Hopefully it's true.

Malik Al Abdeh tweet

CONFIRMED: Mu'amar #Gaddafi, leader of #Libya for 42 years, has been shot DEAD in vicinity of Rixos Hotel in #Tripoli. #FF

Source is MalikAlAbdeh, Chief Editor of the Syrian pro-democracy satellite channel Barada TV... so it's probably credible.

Malik Al-Abdeh

CORRECTION: Source in #Tripoli who has been v. reliable got his wires crossed. A lot of confusion out there. #Gaddafi is ALIVE.

edit on 8/21/11 by makeitso because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by rigel4

Originally posted by 412304
reply to post by rigel4

I know that you see your mistake but do you really SEE? If you are ready to throw statements around like that with only the knowledge of what has been told by the msm then what about the rest of the country. Ghaddafi is more innocent then most American presidents and yet we hunt him down for no reason. If only more people switch off there T.V's and did a bit of research we wouldnt have people shouting msm propaganda.

Back off

I don't watch tv

Who bombed the Pan am flight??
Who was shelling his own people.
The rebels them selves said this was true!
Qaddafi is no innocent man.

YOU shouldn't make assumptions about me. I haven't watched the telly in over a year.
edit on 21-8-2011 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

Pan Am fligth was never connected to Ghaddafi but it was suggested it could have been a Libyan, Ghaddafi wanted to get on the UN Council (so he could better help his people) so he was pressured into addmitting it. He paid a hefty price of i think it was 10 billion. But the investigation was a complete farce
have a look

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   

I am retracting this post, as I was incorrect on the statue.

Pan Am fligth was never connected to Ghaddafi

Yet, Gaddafi erected a statue celebrating the downing of that Pan Am flight on the grounds of his palace.

If that's not an admission of responsibility, then I don't know what is.

edit on 21-8-2011 by Aggie Man because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by 412304

Yes , I think i saw stuff a long time ago linking Iran.
We live in a really messed up world.

The truth is a lie and the lie is the truth.

It makes your head hurt

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
They are saying he fled to Algeria.

sic semper tyrannis

Huh, I figured that DOW futures would be up, but they are down by 85
edit on 21-8-2011 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

thats an ameircan fighter that statue isnt about the Pan flight but the bombing raid that took place in 1980s.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Twitter tells me that Gadaffi is alive AND dead.... He is Schrodingers dictator

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man

Yet, Gaddafi erected a statue celebrating the downing of that Pan Am flight on the grounds of his palace.

Are you sure that's not a US Fighter plane? The kind that dropped bombs on Libya?

Bombing of Libya (1986)

The 1986 United States bombing of Libya, code-named Operation El Dorado Canyon, comprised the joint United States Air Force, Navy and Marine Corps air-strikes against Libya on April 15, 1986. The attack was carried out in response to the 1986 Berlin discotheque bombing.

Fist Crushing a U.S. Fighter Plane Sculpture

en.wikipedia.org...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a3ec35fb125a.jpg[/atsimg]

The Fist Crushing a U.S. Fighter Plane Sculpture, a gold-coloured piece of public art, is located at the Bab al-Azizia compound in the Libyan capital of Tripoli. The sculpture was commissioned by the nation's leader, Colonel Muammar al-Gaddafi following the 1986 bombing of Libya by United States aircraft.[1] During the 2011 Libyan civil war, the sculpture was frequently noted in media coverage of televised speeches given by Gaddafi on 22 February and 20 March 2011, in which he vowed to "die a martyr" to prevent anti-government rebels prevailing.[2]

edit on 21-8-2011 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
nothing on any credible source

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

thats an ameircan fighter that statue isnt about the Pan flight but the bombing raid that took place in 1980s.

Allegedly...

Also of note:

On 29 May 2002, Libya offered up to US$2.7 billion to settle claims by the families of the 270 killed in the Lockerbie bombing

On 15 August 2003, Libya's UN ambassador, Ahmed Own, submitted a letter to the UN Security Council formally accepting "responsibility for the actions of its officials" in relation to the Lockerbie bombing.

en.wikipedia.org...

Settlement offers and admission of responsibility. That seals the deal for me.
edit on 21-8-2011 by Aggie Man because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Eh... not quite mate... The statue in the picture is of a hand crushing an American fighter jet. And it was erected by the Libyan people to commemorate Ghaddafi's survival of the 1986 bombing of Libya by the American president Ronald Reagan. Raegen. en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Where did I read that Gaddafi was about to prove Libya was not connected to Lockerbie and was planning on demanding the billions of compensation money back that he paid out.

Just another reason the west had to get him.

I wonder what will happen to Abdelbaset al-Megrahi now. The US say they want him back in jail but I reckon they want him dead before he can deliver the evidence to show Lockerbie was done by somebody else.

Now would be a convenient time for him to meet his maker. No doubt there will be cia operatives in there taking out key targets.
edit on 21-8-2011 by bigyin because: link added

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

Allegedly...

It is clearly a US fighter plane and NOT a passenger plane.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c42c13ef9a6a.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e378dcef9c74.jpg[/atsimg]

Deny Ignorance?

Edit: And yes, he also clearly supports extremists and is anti- Israel, US, UK, etc. Our weapons are our military and his weapons are extremists, and anyone who can be paid. In my opinion, all parties are guilty and should be brought down.
edit on 21-8-2011 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills
It is clearly a US fighter plane and NOT a passenger plane.

Obviously...

let's see...Gadaffi downs the Pan Am flight and then a US fighter jet...gee, I wonder which one will be memorialized? Maybe the one that carries more clout?

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Say what you will, but a picture is worth a thousand words

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by bigyin

I heard somewhere that the lockerbie bomber is going back to scotland to claim asylum,if true what a joke,why do we take the worlds waifs & strays?

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills

Say what you will, but a picture is worth a thousand words

Yes...and most of those 1000 words have nothing to do with the picture.

Nice use of an overused and meaningless phrase.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Qaddafi and Saddam Hussein were not saints by any stretch, to say the extreme least.

But WHAT BUSINESS is it of the US megalomaniacal rapist-in-chief plundering perverts in Washington, those (Extreme T&C Violation No Outlet), to go and meddle, for no constructive reason, and then turn around and tell the American people, that the poorest and most powerless in our country, those who recieve foodstamps and disability, need to realize, their lifeline money will be yanked, and for everyone else, get used to Austerity?

Really?

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Edit: Already addressed by 2 posters.
edit on 21-8-2011 by InvisibleAlbatross because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join