It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reports coming in that Gaddafi has been shot dead

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
In Tripoli. It was on Al-Jazeera.... but Al-Jazeera is not the source...

Finally!

Some links are coming once they are available.

RT @MalikAlAbdeh: CONFIRMED: Mu'amar #Gaddafi, leader of #Libya for 42 years, has been shot DEAD in vicinity of Rixos Hotel in #Tripoli. #FF

Hopefully it's true.

Malik Al Abdeh tweet

CONFIRMED: Mu'amar #Gaddafi, leader of #Libya for 42 years, has been shot DEAD in vicinity of Rixos Hotel in #Tripoli. #FF

Source is MalikAlAbdeh, Chief Editor of the Syrian pro-democracy satellite channel Barada TV... so it's probably credible.

Good for the Libyan people.

From BBC quoting Al-Jazeera

Al-Jazeera TV is reporting that Col Muammar Gaddafi's personal security team have surrendered and disarmed.

If Gaddafi personal security team have surrendered, it's very possible Gaddafi is now dead...

#Libya #tripoli Libyan TV just stopped broadcasting.

Big..

Al Jazeera: sources confirm arrest of Gaddafi's two sons: Saif Gadafi and Sady in #Tripoli #Libya

The rebels are marching on Tripoli... people are cheering them as heroes... Gaddafi, if he's not already dead, has mere hours to live.

MalikAlAbdeh: First to tweet this from on-ground sources and I can confirm: #GADDAFI IS DEAD. He was shot dead by #FF in #Tripoli. #Libya

+1

People cheering on Al-Jazeera... he might be dead for real... other rumor that he has fled Libya...

Dead or gone... or hiding...
edit on 21-8-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
thats cheating...... shouldnt there be some more content to this thread

ETA well I guess you have 4hrs to edit

edit on 21/8/11 by Versa because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

if you are going to quote a source you have to provide a link to the original. thank you in advance

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
you state it is confirmed via al jazerra... yet you provide a link to twitter...

might as well link to yourself, twitter has no credibility and not a valid source for anything other than unfounded gossip

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

In today's episode of the Qadaffi show Qadaffi is shot dead in a CIA staged theatrical stunt and replaced by a clone of Barack Obama engineered to have pasty skin and bad hair.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
nothing on Sky News yet, but its usually a little slow compared to Al Jazeera on middle east topics.

Fingers crossed its true.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
There is nothing about this on Al-Jazeera.

Hope it is true though and the Libyans have a chance
of returning to a normal life , to live in peace.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Reports on Sky News now that 2 of his sons have been captured alive.

obligatory 2nd line

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

If this i true then... Its a dak day for humanity... And there goes Africas last chance of crawling out of there poverty and conflict.

R.I.P Africa...

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   

The only things I know about Gaddafi are what I hear from Fox and the like. Then I also hear things such as he lives in a tent and chooses not to live in his mansion until all of his people get homes of their own. His tent is pretty badass though

Remember when he came to NYC in 2009 and wanted to pitch his tent in Central Park and New Jersey but was rejected. People from NJ were upset about it because many victims of Pan Am flight 103 hailed from NJ. He has though pitched his tent in Rome, the Kremlin, and Brussels. Check out a report about this here (ABC News Clip). Also, did you know all of his bodyguards are female? Gaddafi was a different breed, that's for sure.

But I never wish death upon anyone. I would have liked to see him captured alive and brought to trial.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Gaddafi spokesman doing a conference... he looks very shaken...

Me thinks Gaddafi is really dead.

Yeah Gaddafi was pretty nuts... just watch one speech of him... and you know he's nuts.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
This is what happens when the population is against you and your only supporters back you for cash. You can not spend cash if your dead so its no suprise his mercs ran off without a fight.

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
You people wishing death for another human being disgust me. I guess you have all bought into the mainstream media propaganda and cheered when Bin Laden was reportedly executed without trial too.

Sick.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
This is a damn shame. And I bet he already had his retirement palace picked out in Saudi Arabia.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

The best speech is from the UN when he began ranting about the JFK assignation and wanted the US to reopen the case
, although I agree with him on that

Live Feed from Tripoli via Aljazeera (scroll down).
www.youtube.com...

Gaddafi NOT Dead but Alive. Might wanna update this threads title and all the info in the original post.

Report From Live Feed:
1. No reports that he is dead, in fact the are airing new audio from Gaddafi

2. People are cheering, shooting guns in the air, firing off fireworks & leaning hard on their car horns, cheering because it is a matter of time before Gaddafi's Gov't falls

3. Live audio from Gaddafi: Asks the people why they would allow Tripoli to burn and be a place of destruction? "This must not happen". Then the audio cuts out. He appears to be admitting defeat. He tells the people they will be slaves and servants to the Imperialists, naming Britain. All the men and women must come out to prevent the invaders from entering Tripoli. The people must chase them out. Even the women must arm themselves and fight, just like they've been trained (Apparently women in Libya are trained to fight? Gaddafi's bodyguards are all female)

4. Gaddafi says he will remain in Tripoli till the end but the reporters speculate he left the country already, perhaps weeks ago. (See RT article: RT News - Gaddafi reportedly “gravely ill” and ready to leave Libya)

5. Reports of 2 South African planes on the tarmac. NATO must give permission for aircraft to land.

Here's Aljazeera's live Blog about what's doin in Libya. Last post was about 45 minutes ago. No news yet about this.
blogs.aljazeera.net...

**Update** Newest Blog entries

Video entry. No news of his death

RT News reports: Rebels reportedly claim Gaddafi presidential guard has surrendered

rt.com...

edit on 21-8-2011 by Swills because: (no reason given)

link   
Wikipedia has been updated to say he's dead.

Edit: it keeps changing

edit on 21/8/2011 by Fazza! because: (no reason given)

link   
Gaddafi spokesman speech :

NATO supports armed gangs instead of peaceful Gadaffi govt he says

expecting death toll to rise beyond imagination

says 1300 killed 5000 injured in Tripoli since lunchtime

blaming NATO - death toll beyond imagination

"we are resilient and strong and still have thousands of fighters who have nowhere to go but fight"

Yeah right.

"Muammar Gadaffi needed as leader to lead country to peace"

That's a good one.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fazza!
Wikipedia has been updated to say he's dead.

hells teeth that was quick!

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by survivalstation
You people wishing death for another human being disgust me. I guess you have all bought into the mainstream media propaganda and cheered when Bin Laden was reportedly executed without trial too.

Sick.

Gaddafi didn't need a trial. His crimes have been public for years. He deserved the death penalty.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by survivalstation

Its pragmatism. The sooner he dies the sooner the fighting will stop. He could have halted it a long time ago but his Megalomania wont allow it.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join