It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Libyan Rebels Advance Into Central Tripoli !!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Paulioetc15

Most of those “American Assets” required to take on Libya Europe also possess.

I think it will be a real shame if Obama comes on TV claiming victory in the name of America and the rebels. Most of this is down to the British and the French.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousFem
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Well the Nato powers are to blame for this lol.

After all they will be rubbing their hands with glee, over the oil revenues, they think they will be getting over this.

When its found out the rebels are not in league, with NATO what happens then?

Another ilegal invervention.

yeah, but just wait, they are expecting that evil gaddafi to use every biological, chemical and nuclear weapon of mass destruction that he can get his hands on,

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   

I'm curous, what US assets are in place that, say, the UK and France don't have.

Not disputing what you're saying, I am just under the impression the US largely packed up and went home after NATO took command.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

You might think it is but that's your opinion.

I will stick by my 1st comment its is over resources nothing more nothing less.

If you said it was about liberty and democracy, then the NATO Countries have one cheek, while Criticising other countries while censoring their own citizens within their own countries.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
reply to post by AnonymousFem

The oil argument is just plain stupid.

The West already had the contracts and installations in place with Gaddafi, where as the Rebels have said previously that all contracts will be renegotiated afterwards. Even so, NATO is still helping. Libyan Oil is not as significant as is claimed. It's annual production was in decline anyway in 2010 and even at it's peak, was no larger than UK or Norwegian Oil production. Even France produced almost as much oil as Libya.

And with that you have debunked the whole idea that the only reason NATO are assisting the rebels is for oil.

A star for you my friend.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by seiva7

Im expecting him to let of a big fart or something bigger, or commit suicide before he goes down.

Either way we will see what happens.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   

If you said it was about liberty and democracy, then the NATO Countries have one cheek, while Criticising other countries while censoring their own citizens within their own countries.

Which is why Syria will be next.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Most of those “American Assets” required to take on Libya Europe also possess.

I think it will be a real shame if Obama comes on TV claiming victory in the name of America and the rebels. Most of this is down to the British and the French.

That would be pretty dirty of us to take credit.

France and the UK really did most of the work here.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   

kmh, kmh...

mind controlled persona on the way, please advise.

mind controlled individual on the way, please advise.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by DAZ21

Is why Ill stick to my reply to you, I think it was you i replied to anyways.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   

I'm not denying that Britain and France did most of the work just saying that they cannot go without America. Yes most people will give this credit to Britain and France i applaud for that.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Not really, as everything I said about the contracts and production is verifiable fact, where as what you said is merely opinion.

You do that, but I will call you out on it as I have done everytime it is mentioned.

It's about self-determination and preventing massive Human rights abuses, not necessarily "liberty and democracy". Also, how are NATO countries "censoring their own citizens"?

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by DAZ21

Assad has little time left. He has a chance right now to make a 180 degree change in course.

If he fails, Turkey along with the rest of NATO will come knocking.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   

OMG you are kidding right?

Authoritarian sentences on individuals within the UK for one who might have incited riots. But did it happen no.

UK Governments proposals to Ban Twitter, and restrict social media to us the citizens, geuss your not working class, so then it wont effect you.

Shall I continue>?

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   

They could have gone without America the help was very much appreciated but contrary to the popular American myth, you are not “Team America World Police”. The UK and France are both Sovereign states and did not need America’s permission to go ahead with this.

Why do you think that the UK and France could not have done with without American assests?

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Interesting enough, but I wonder what the markets are going to do tomorrow when they open. Especially if what they are saying about Qaddafi is true.

We shall see.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   

No they couldnt afford it is why they brung nato into it, the so called deficit an all.

Look at how much it cost every day to drop a bomb or launch a missile over lybia, every day. Does that not tell you something?

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Ya i agree, i don't like our country being world police and you did have to ask permission to go whether we want. Countries do make decisions on own own whether it's right or wrong, we take a look at our own interests. Same way as other countries supported us in Afghanistan.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Atzil321
reply to post by seiva7

Turn on the news, they are celebrating in the streets of Tripoli. Im no defender of the
MSM but it would be pretty hard to fake the images im seeing on sky news at the minute...

If you can bribe the people you can get away with anything dont forget the CIA was on the ground already before the protests took place in Feb this was well planned, opeartion.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join