Libyan Rebels Advance Into Central Tripoli !!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Paulioetc15

If America said no we could have still done it.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousFem
Authoritarian sentences on individuals within the UK for one who might have incited riots.

It's not "authoritarian" as these sentences for such crimes were on the books and well within sentencing guidelines. That said, it is for the Courts of Appeal to determine the actual precendent given the nature, which will then form the basis of any future sentencing. What you're banging on about shows a distinct lack of understanding for how a Justice system with checks and balances work.

But did it happen no.

The rioting most certainly did happen. Incitement to riot has been a crime for centuries. It matters not if the specific riot they tried to incite failed to appear, they still tried. That's like saying you can't charge someone for attempted murder, because the victim suvived...

UK Governments proposals to Ban Twitter, and restrict social media to us the citizens, geuss your not working class, so then it wont effect you.

Again, what you're doing is totally distorting what they have actually said to make a point about something that has bnever been proposed. No one has proposed banning Twitter (not that I would even care) and there is no mention of restricting social media in the general sense, although specific people can and will be prohibited from certain activities, like banning hackers from using computers.

Shall I continue>?

Oh please, do. This is fun.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
So now what happens, if the rebels go on a mass killing spree, how does NATO play this?

Do they turn on the rebels ?

link   
reply to post by stumason

The Colonel's speech was definitely reminiscent of Hitler in the bunker in Berlin, calling for tribes across Libya to come help Tripoli.

He's lost and refuses to accept the reality of the situation.

link   
reply to post by AnonymousFem

Who can afford the price of war.

It's one of the reasons the US and The UK and Europe are in debt.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

No they couldnt afford it is why they brung nato into it, the so called deficit an all.

Look at how much it cost every day to drop a bomb or launch a missile over lybia, every day. Does that not tell you something?

Oh my god, you don't understand anything do you?

The UK is paying for it's own operations, as are the French and the rest. NATO doesn't pick up the tab. You don't claim bombs dropped on some special NATO expenses website, as long as you have a receipt.

NATO is merely the command structure under which this is happening.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   

So now what happens, if the rebels go on a mass killing spree, how does NATO play this?

Under UN resolution 1973 they would have to, however if Gaddafi is now gone that resolution no longer applies and it could turn into a bit of a legal minefield over what NATO can and cannot do. but I dont think they are going to start klling civililans they havent done that so far why would they start now
edit on 21-8-2011 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

link   

Why would they "go on a mass killing spree" all of a sudden? They haven't done so yet and have actually been treating POW's and locals very well, for the most part.

link   

If they lose their minds, we will intervene.

We have already warned them on this.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Would you say the same thing to David Cameron since he did he same thing in the past?

Or is it one rule for the rich boys and another rule for the underclass>?

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Wasnt asking you but hay out your biased political comments into this all you want.....

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Not at all, but obviously the restaurant owner (which no doubt you're referring to -The Boris incident when he burned the loo) didn't press charges. End of story.

These riots ahve also had many "rich folk" arrested and charged for looting etc, so you attempts at painting a class divide fail.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

Originally posted by Atzil321
reply to post by seiva7

Turn on the news, they are celebrating in the streets of Tripoli. Im no defender of the
MSM but it would be pretty hard to fake the images im seeing on sky news at the minute...

If you can bribe the people you can get away with anything dont forget the CIA was on the ground already before the protests took place in Feb this was well planned, opeartion.

thank you my brother for being a shiny beacon in this 4 pages of the ignorance sea.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

I'm say why does UNSCR 73 to enforce a "no-fly-zone"? I mean in Libya, it looks what NATO bombing of Serbia in 1999. I mean no-fly-zone means that you don't carry out bombing raids, it just that you have to see that no enemy aircraft is permitted to pass through the zones. I reckon they should call it something else instead of "no-fly-zone".

NATO enforce a no-fly-zone over Bosnia but doesn't have an authority to carry out raids against the Serbs. that's why massacre after massacre from both sides. Then finally after the 2nd Markale_massacres, they were able to.

link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

They already have lost it. Did you see the interview on sky.
They're killing people, setting buildings on fire. It's pretty much a mass brawl out there.

link   
LOL did anyone just hear the guy on BBC news, the reporter asked him how people in Tripoli where deliberating his response

“I am sorry sir..... I cannot hear what you’re saying I am surrounded by women, singing women”

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Well it looks like Gaddafi's days are numbered? Still, I am curious to see what monster crawls out of breach left by this so called kinetic operation by the Western Powers? I suppose trade one dictator for another will suffice? The country of Libya has been battered and bruised quite significantly by this uprising.

I have been somewhat reserved in my approval of these rebels? I have learned of reports of them allegedly assisting the insurgency in Iraq, committing atrocities during this campaign, and having radical Islamic ties. Hopefully the allegations are false, and these rebels are legitimate in their aspirations of making Libya better than it was under Gaddafi.

Still, I look at the whole situation with skepticism. I suppose time will tell what transpires from this? Now, the real struggle happens with the power vacuum left by Gaddafi. We have a mysterious bunch of rag tag rebels vying for power who have been alleged to have committed atrocities and are allegedly influenced by extremism, former Gaddafi loyalists who want a seat the table, a country in dire straits, and the Western powers vying for increased influence in the new Libya. My guess is there will be violence and mayhem. All aboard the NATO train, and the next stop will be Damascus?
edit on 21-8-2011 by Jakes51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

Why would they "go on a mass killing spree" all of a sudden? They haven't done so yet and have actually been treating POW's and locals very well, for the most part.

and how do you know this?

you saw it in the news?

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Paulioetc15

The resolution also called for NATO to defend civilians and under this preemies they where permitted to do almost anything short of a full ground deployment to defend the people of Libya. The exact legal details are obviously quite complex but in layman’s terms that sums it up.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
double post
edit on 21-8-2011 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

new topics
top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join