It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Libyan Rebels Advance Into Central Tripoli !!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
reply to post by seiva7

You think the Colonel is better than the CIA?

Do you really believe what you are saying?

It doesn't matter what do I think.

Check the facts.

Allied forces supporting rebels have invaded and almost conquered an independent country and you are still here announcing some big blast (because in your eyes Gaddafi is a madman and the terrorist, not the invaders.

Get your facts.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
G-forces appear to have pretty much evaporated. They aren't exactly 100% green flag waving, portrait kissing types, but you'd have to be mad to have not defected by now.

Just over a week ago I would have said that it would be "over" within a month, but it looks like days now... if not tonight. I say "over" because I suspect that what comes next will not be nice, not to be a pessimist or anything.

Bagged Saif too apparently... bloody hell. Pictures or it didn't happen on that one for now though.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I hope they don't kill Gaddafi's son.

Or Gaddafi really will end up doing something stupid.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

For the most part, since NATO took over, US forces have very much taken a back seat. Much of the leg work has been done by the UK and France and yes, we could continue this without US support.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
reply to post by MikeboydUS

Yes, apparently on ATS, despite the reams and reams of evidence from a variety of sources to the contrary, Gaddafi is the paragon of virtue and an excellent, caring Leader. Any claims to the contrary are clearly propoganda, with only Libyan State media to be trusted.

There are at least a million loyal and armed Gaddafi followers around here somewhere. State TV told me so.

Balding Libyan Govt spokesman is making a speech live and he doesn't look happy.

link   
Gaddafi’s son speaking on Sky news live!

link   
Gaddafi’s son speaking on Sky news live!

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   

where show me the link?

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

For the most part, since NATO took over, US forces have very much taken a back seat. Much of the leg work has been done by the UK and France and yes, we could continue this without US support.

Much agreed. UK could take Libya any day of the week.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
For our non UK and Ireland viewers:

www.france24.com...

Vive La France

edit on 21/8/11 by MikeboydUS because: e

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by geraldcole

Of course. Just use a nuke.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
It’s interesting how he is blaming NATO for all of this and not the rebels who he is describing as just armed gangs. Also have you noticed how they are still talking about this grand army yet there is no sign of this army.

I am wondering where this guy is speaking from do you think they are hiding out in a bunker inside Tripoli or outside.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   

I wonder if he is actually in Libya.

Maybe he is in Damascus.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   

No he's speaking from the city center. The rebels are on the outskirts.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   

It's like Hitler in his final days. He was issuing orders to infantry and armoured divisions that either didn't exist as they had been annihalated, or had been so depleted as to have been useless. Yet he was convinced his Wehrmacht was intact as to believe other wise was to admit defeat.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

Yeah that could be true, been a while since we have seen anything for Gaddafi inside Tripoli.

Speaking of whom do you not think it would have been a better demonstration of defiance by the Gaddafi regime if Gaddafi himself was to speak to the nation.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Well the Nato powers are to blame for this lol.

After all they will be rubbing their hands with glee, over the oil revenues, they think they will be getting over this.

When its found out the rebels are not in league, with NATO what happens then?

Another ilegal invervention.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Agree with you Stu but it doesn't change the fact that Europe cannot go into Libya without most of the US assets. I agree, I hope Gaddafi face justice. He paid millions to family members he committed against them so that he could be kept out of jail. Gaddafi killed many of our(American) citizens like Pan-Am bombing and the West Berlin bombing in 1986.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousFem

The oil argument is just plain stupid.

The West already had the contracts and installations in place with Gaddafi, where as the Rebels have said previously that all contracts will be renegotiated afterwards. Even so, NATO is still helping. Libyan Oil is not as significant as is claimed. It's annual production was in decline anyway in 2010 and even at it's peak, was no larger than UK or Norwegian Oil production. Even France produced almost as much oil as Libya.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join