It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Libyan Rebels Advance Into Central Tripoli !!

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ipsedixit

A major gun battle has been going on for some time now.

You sure its Gun battle? it must be some idiots firing into air with there guns, if there was a battle the mainstream would be all over it.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Here's a helpful update from Al Jazeera, which is a commentary on the RT live feed. It looks like Gaddafi, via a radio broadcast, is attempting to bring a lot of pressure on the rebels.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Inetersting update, ipsedixit that would explain i guess the gunbattle on RussiatToday LiveWeb cam feed from tripoli
Those comments on Al Jazeera English make me sick

@123VivaDjazair Yeah ashes to ashes dirt to dirt. Gadaffi name will be scraped from history . 1 million$ is on his head. Power and justice back to the Libyan people. allahu akbar its gods will.

Ghadaffi IS IN SERBIAAAA TRUST ME!!!!

I predict Gaddafi's fall within a month or less because the dudes nuts, the only reason we tolerated the dickhead is because his nation has vast amounts of oil (its always been more Oil). He has also lied a lot, when he gained power he promised an "anti imperialistic nation,"

INVADED ALMOST ALL OF LIBYA'S NEIGHBORING NATIONS (including Chad) within his 40 year regain of terror. Gaddafi, if you can read this, ROUGH IN HELL!!!

Gaddafi never Invaded an libyas nations what hell is wrong with people on Al Jazeera English
i mean seriously do these idiots know anything better? no i guess not.

Maybe its best for Al Jazeera to turn of the comment sections.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

The BBC is on it too.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Heavy fighting erupts in Tripoli as a new audio message from Col Gaddafi is broadcast and reports emerge of alleged summary killings.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Thanks for that, i still think Gaddafi may still win well he may, i think this is a false victory for the enemy, as some call it in the military.

edit on 25-8-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   

It should be of interest to you, theres nothing about the gun battle in Tripoli on CNN it seems they are doing it a blackout of it?

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Blatant propaganda by the BBC or another cockup?

Libya: Incredible BBC Disinformation Showing 'Green Square' in India Not Tripoli.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Actually Gaddafi did oversee a war with Chad, occupying a northern part of the country, he also sponsored and provided support to an insurgent movement within the country.

In 1987, Gaddafi engaged in a full-out war with Chad, suffering a humiliating loss in 1987 during the Toyota War. Libya took heavy casualties, losing one tenth of its army (7,500 troops) and 1.5 billion dollars worth of military equipment.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   

It will be very interesting if Gaddafi forces NATO to land troops. I would both love and hate to see that. It would show up the bastards for what they are, but it would be hard on Libyan loyalists.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by kindred

They probably just showed footage they found on the net, not realising where it was from or recognising the flags.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by lifeissacred

And America Invaded Iraq, Kuwait installed a puppet government in 1990 under false pretexts so no differences eh?

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by lifeissacred
reply to post by kindred

They probably just showed footage they found on the net, not realising where it was from or recognising the flags.

I think BBC knew very well, its propaganda at its finest.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

The place has the same name as the square in Tripoli where the rebels and their supporters congregated the night they stormed Bab al-Aziziyah, so it's a relatively easy mistake to make.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Libya Liberal Youth to publish the facts for Libya tomorrow A canadian citizen that was fighting along side with the rats ( we cant know if he was a mercenary or ground force of nato ) was killed by the mujahheed libyan army forces. One more international rat dead.

Infomartion from facebook. it seems theres a information warefare happening in libya.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Ive had the live feed up for some time now and this battle has been going on for something like 3 hours now. Some pretty big explosions and heavy machine gun fire. Just a few seconds ago, there were some fireworks in the background....never expected those at this time. (actual fireworks)

rt.com...
edit on 25-8-2011 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

edit - seems the live link just messed up. not sure what its doing now. there seems to be some meeting.

I guess the link is down now. im guessing they lost connection

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Libya: Tripoli's Secret tunnelts revealed for the first time

for the first time the outside world has gained a glimpse into the paranoid dictator’s underground lair after rebels managed to enter the network of tunnels beneath his fortified compound. The Daily Telegraph also gained access to the tunnel network. Cautiously descending into the murky subterranean world, we discovered a vast maze of reinforced tunnels fanning out under the city in many different directions. Usually hidden from view, one entrance gaped open right next to the famous statue of a bronze fist crushing an American fighter outside the so-called "House of Resistance". Wide enough to accommodate small vehicles, rebel troops discovered abandoned golf buggies, which appear to have been used by Gaddafi and his aides to move around quickly and comfortably under the city.

Daily Mail article on the tunnels with pictures

Looks like Gaddafi was well prepared to make an escape, the rebels still seem to believe that Gaddafi is still in Tripoli.
edit on 25-8-2011 by lifeissacred because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

a meeting now?

So thats it No More Live Feed No?

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
The Guy in the meeting room said you mentioned our brothers from qatar?

you mentioned our brothers from qatar?

Then the feed was cut.

I have to ask since when where libyans brothers to qatars? or since when did libyans ever called qatar brothers?

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Qatar are one of the few Arab countries which has provided vocal support to the NTC and the rebels from early on in the conflict.

The Gulf state was the first Arab nation to recognize the rebel's Transitional National Council as Libya's legitimate government. Doha is taking part in the enforcement of a no-fly zone and helping the rebels sell oil on the world market.

edit on 25-8-2011 by lifeissacred because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   

The Guy in the meeting room said you mentioned our brothers from qatar?

I heard that part to, but Im not really sure what he was talking about. My guess is that Qatar sent them some type of military aid? edit -(Nevermind, question already answered in above post)

ETA - Looks like the live feed is back up again. Not sure how long it will last though. Still some gunfire going on.

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join