It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Libyan Rebels Advance Into Central Tripoli !!

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousFem

The UN resolution doesn't even support the use of ground troops, but since when has that ever stopped NATO. Both the UN and NATO are rotten to the core, a law unto itself. I look forward to the day when both China & Russia grow a backbone and stand up to these imperialistic whores.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Do you honestly think we have a say in the matter? The UK government doesn't give a damn what you or anybody else thinks. They are criminals and democracy in this country is a joke. They will do whatever their controllers tells them to do. You're opinion is irrelevant.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Paulioetc15

How ironic. Where's the celebrations you speak of? Of those being interviewed, one lives in the UK & the other works for an American company. (Probably CIA) Typical bought & paid for mercenaries. So please show me the real Libyans who actually live in Libya.
Oh, they're the loyalists.

C.I.A. Agents in Libya Aid Airstrikes and Meet Rebels
hosted.ap.org...
theoldspeakjournal.wordpress.com...
www.voanews.com...
www.nytimes.com...
edit on 26-8-2011 by kindred because: links

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by ipsedixit

NATO would like nothing better if Gaddafi was found dead. Dead men don't tell tales. The last thing NATO wants is the truth coming out.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by kindred
reply to post by ipsedixit

NATO would like nothing better if Gaddafi was found dead. Dead men don't tell tales. The last thing NATO wants is the truth coming out.

No one in power would believe anything that came out of his mouth, even if it was the truth. Sure angry subversives and dissidents who follow his every word would listen but they don't run the planet and hence have little to no impact on global affairs.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

It's time the Libyan people did something about those Nato & rebel rats scurrying about the streets of Tripoli, causing nothing but death and pestilence. It's a shame that they can't phone for pest control?

edit on 26-8-2011 by kindred because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

True and that's why there is no real justice in this world, unless we the people wake up and do something about it, before we all end up in hell, because that is where we are currently headed.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   
OK, so the only way the rebels (Al Qaeda) could make it into Tripoli was when British mercenaries led the way, and NATO air strikes opened the path. However once inside Tripoli, NATO air power is useless. NATO never should have gotten involved here. Why was it necessary for NATO (mostly UK and France) to over throw him at this time? Seems like nothing more than an old fashioned colonial oil grab.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by kindred
reply to post by MikeboydUS

True and that's why there is no real justice in this world, unless we the people wake up and do something about it, before we all end up in hell, because that is where we are currently headed.

We havn't ever had any real justice in the world from the tyrannical Pharoahs to the modern financial system. The vast majority of humanity has always been a slave to the system, living in a virtual hell since the dawn of civilization. We can wake up all we want, but unless something from beyond the system crashes it, we will never escape it.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by kindred

Actually they would be committing political suicide if they do not listen to the People this time around. And if they dont give a damn as you put it, then we the UK Populations will make them. If you think the riots in England were bad. I can guarantee you, one thing they will be ten times worse if the Government ignores the voters and go ahead. With sending UK troops into another conflict.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by kindred

And another thing. NATO has its backside covered, if there are special forces in Libya, those governments whom have sent them can use, Their National Interests, without involving NATO. Which contravenes the UN Resolution. But the UN, Russia or China cannot point the finger since it is not NATO doing this, it is France and the UK.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Matt1951

How long did it take you to figure that one out?

Off course it is over oil. Didnt you see the Pounds and Francs signs in both Cameron's and Sarkozy's eyes?

And besides Gaffe has juicy details about the western powers which they do not want to get out. That is why they want him dead rather than alive.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by kindred

I like how you quote "facts" and yet provide nothing but obscure and questionable sources as evidence.

If it was so "factual" that the BBC faked anything, or that Gaddafi had more support, this would be plainly obvious.

For the former, other media outlets of any repute would be all over it and for the latter, why did so many "Gaddafi supporters" not bother to fight for him when Tripoli fell, especially as he said he had 65,000 men armed and ready to fight?

Answer?

You're talking BS and really, really reaching now to try and prove a point.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   

I've said before, in thsi very thread, the Oil argument doesn't hold water.

We already had deals done with Gaddafi over access to the oil. Where is the sense in then about disrupting those contracts and to face possibly losing them with the upcoming new Government saying they will renegitiate any contracts? There is no sense to this.

This is quite simply the West and the Arab League taking the opportunity to remove a total douche and to secure the southern flank of the EU. Nothing too sinister or evil about it, certainly self-serving, but hardly us rushing in to seize their resources as gaddafi was more than happy to pimp them out for years prior to this rebellion.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by kindred

I like the latest pics of the - tunnels - in Tripoli.
Apparently, Gaddafi rides around in electric golf carts to travel in the tunnels.
--------------
My guess is Gaddafi took a tunnel due south. He is probably 100 miles south by now.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Here are a couple of emails to the BBC from Tripoli:

www.bbc.co.uk...

2332: Ahmed, in Tripoli, emails: I live in the Andulus district. We are completely on the edge of a humanitarian crisis, the garbage is piled all over the roads, the water has been cut off for two days, electricity comes and goes, phone lines aren't working, mobile networks are on and off. Basic life is gone, we have no access to any basic health systems, the gunfire is constant and the rebels are acting like mad maniacs with AK-47s non-stop all over the city.

Is that what is going on or are these mad maniacs giving return fire to Gaddafi loyalists?

2358: AP quotes US officials as saying the fate of thousands of shoulder-fired missiles in Col Gaddafi's armouries is uncertain. The officials said the prices of such missiles in the region had fallen, indicating some of the Libyan weapons may be entering the market.

Are these rebels really just rats as Gaddafi has said? Are they attempting to supply jihadis elsewhere? It is doubtful that Gaddafi loyalists would be selling missiles.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Considering they spend all their time thinking of new ways to milk us cash cows, while lying and deceiving us, they are already committing political suicide, but they don't care because they simply do what their controllers tell them to do, regardless of what party is in power. We are already being ignored and the people will do nothing, except vote in the next charlatans. It's swings and roundabouts.

When it comes to international law and the UN, the UN is the law which every country is supposed to abide by. That's why they need a UN resolution to be Libya in the first place. If they have troops on the ground inside Libya, then they are in breach of that agreement and breaking the law, but what's new and like I said, "NATO thinks it can act without impunity and do as it pleases". After all whose going to stop them? Russia or China?
I sense a Veto coming.

Russia's NATO envoy - Western allies in breach of UN Libya resolution en.rian.ru...

The UN is nothing but a sick joke on humanity. It is a useless, evil, and a wasteful organization that threatens national sovereignty and the way of life of every country on Earth.
edit on 26-8-2011 by kindred because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by ipsedixit
Here are a couple of emails to the BBC from Tripoli:

www.bbc.co.uk...

2332: Ahmed, in Tripoli, emails: I live in the Andulus district. We are completely on the edge of a humanitarian crisis, the garbage is piled all over the roads, the water has been cut off for two days, electricity comes and goes, phone lines aren't working, mobile networks are on and off. Basic life is gone, we have no access to any basic health systems, the gunfire is constant and the rebels are acting like mad maniacs with AK-47s non-stop all over the city.

Is that what is going on or are these mad maniacs giving return fire to Gaddafi loyalists?

2358: AP quotes US officials as saying the fate of thousands of shoulder-fired missiles in Col Gaddafi's armouries is uncertain. The officials said the prices of such missiles in the region had fallen, indicating some of the Libyan weapons may be entering the market.

Are these rebels really just rats as Gaddafi has said? Are they attempting to supply jihadis elsewhere? It is doubtful that Gaddafi loyalists would be selling missiles.

They are taking turns sitting on Gaddafis Golden Mermaid sofa.
They found tunnels going everywhere.
Grab a golf cart and take off.
---------
They should find out who made the tunnels. They could tell us where they all go.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Your're the one talking BS. I just happened to be watching the BBC when they aired that propaganda. So I know it's true. Believe what you want. Keep believing and defending your corrupt government and UK media. I highly doubt it makes any difference what evidence I post, as you'll always come up with a different point of view, with no evidence to back it up, except propaganda and lies from the UK government & media, which you like to defend to the hilt.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Some articles don't remember US Tomahawk bombing...

Analysis: Libya shows cracks in Western military cooperation

By Justyna Pawlak

BRUSSELS | Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:55am EDT

www.reuters.com/article/2011/08/26/us-libya-nato-analysis-idUSTRE77P1I220110826

(...)

"This is the first time that the United States said, essentially, 'over to you, Europe'," said Tomas Valasek, a defense analyst at the Center for European Reform.

"The Americans have made it clear for a long time that they want the Europeans to lead in operations when they take place near Europe. In Libya, for the first time, they acted upon it."

Britain and France -- Europe's two main military powers -- were carrying out most air strikes in Libya since U.S. President Barack Obama ordered U.S. forces to take a back seat early in the campaign.

The Americans, eager to extract themselves from wars in Muslim countries, still provided intelligence, logistical support and air-to-air refueling but not bombing.

(...)

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join