It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Libyan Rebels Advance Into Central Tripoli !!

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

The RT live feed from Tripoli probably goes down when their satellite time from the city has elapsed. I wish they had it going 24/7 but that would probably be quite expensive.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by lifeissacred

Well if you ask me i believe the rebels are from Qatar, just a thought, since from day one they haveing been waving the kingdom of libya flag, and the flag of qatar, that would make it look qutie obvious dont you think? its not because qatar supports the rebels it must because of something more then that, when i looked at the cbc site whose supporting who, CBC claims Qatar has only been senting jet fighters, but when that uprising took place in benghazi there are videos showing some APCs what it appears to be from Qatar.

I got feeling this far from over.
edit on 25-8-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Tripoli bides time as Gaddafi support ebbs away

According to this Guardian article from June, contrary to popular belief it seems Gadaffi was nowhere near as popular in Tripoli as most thought.

"Look there - plainclothes police," said a taxi driver, driving through an area called Fashloum. "And there, and there. The only people who like Gaddafi are the police and people working with him."

edit on 25-8-2011 by lifeissacred because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Qatar seems to have been the rebels' most prominent supporter in the Arab world from the outset. But let's not forget almost every government in the Arab world had issues with Gaddafi, the Arab league were more than happy to disregard Gaddafi and give full membership to the NTC, so it's not as if Qatar are the only major players in this conflict.

The revolution, at least at the outset was a wholly Libyan affair and coincided with the 'Arab spring' protests which had been sweeping the middle east and north Africa.

Active resistance to the government began in Benghazi on 18 February, after three days of protests. Security forces had killed fourteen protesters the previous day, and a funeral procession for one of those killed passed the Katiba compound, where clashes erupted. Demonstrators threw rocks at security forces, who used live ammunition, killing twenty-four protesters. Two of the policemen who had participated in the clash were caught and hanged by protesters.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by lifeissacred

Qatar seems to have been the rebels' most prominent supporter in the Arab world from the outset. But let's not forget almost every government in the Arab world had issues with Gaddafi, the Arab league were more than happy to disregard Gaddafi and give full membership to the NTC

so it's not as if Qatar are the only major players in this conflict. The revolution, at least at the outset was a wholly Libyan affair and coincided with the 'Arab spring' protests which had been sweeping the middle east and north Africa.

look you and i already have talked about this, all the revolutions are manufactured that are happening now and inculding libya.

Arab world had issues with Gaddafi, the Arab league were more than happy to disregard Gaddafi and give full membership to the NTC

Arab Nations allied with america had issues with Gaddafi other Arab Nations didnt have a problem with Gaddafi.

Arab league were more than happy to disregard Gaddafi and give full membership to the NTC

No they were not they were under pressure from america and britian to give full membership to the NTC.

Qatar seems to have been the rebels' most prominent supporter in the Arab world from the outset.

Along with the deals of Oil with America and saudi arabia.

It wont be long before NATO Troops come in libya under the cover of protecting the oil wells.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousFem

Now the Propaganda starts. Some dude on Sky news, was making comments on how Gadaffe might have chemical weapons. Oh where have we heard this bull-crap before, oh yeah before we were all mislead over the war in Iraq.

If you have read the thread you will find the answer. Yes there was still a stockpile of chemical weapons in Libya. Libya under treaty declared them.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Libya's WMD Stockpiles Are Secure: Pentagon

www.defensenews.com...

TJ

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

You appear to fall for it every time? It is a journalist churning out the old 'a defence source confirmed'. What it means is that the journalist has no real idea, but simply embellishes his story around it. Pure conjecture which you and others lap up. If you look at the UK media they are all at it with 'Special Forces' stories all trying to out do each other and all claiming to have inside 'defence source' confirmation.

TJ

edit on 25-8-2011 by tommyjo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by tommyjo

If you have read the thread you will find the answer. Yes there was still a stockpile of chemical weapons in Libya. Libya under treaty declared them.

gaddafi stopped working on the Nuke Program in 2004 those are stockpile of chemical weapons chemicals used for scud lanunchers, not Nukes, gaddafi like saddam has No Nukes.

We were mislead in iraq over some nukes that saddam never had, just like in iraq chemicals were found for the scuds.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
reply to post by ipsedixit

Thanks for that, i still think Gaddafi may still win well he may, i think this is a false victory for the enemy, as some call it in the military.

You are living in a fantasy world if you think that Gaddafi is going to win this conflict and return to power. You are seriously deluding yourself if you believe that. For Gaddafi forces they are simply on a hiding to nothing. Think about it? They can't replace what they lose in attrition and have no re-supply. They would have to have outside assistance for re-supply and nobody is coming to their aid.

Take the situation in Sirte. Loyalists are holed up in defence with no form of re-supply. NATO air is already reportedly picking off the checkpoints and artillery positions in and around Sirte. As a large fighting force the loyalists will simply be eroded away.

TJ

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by tommyjo

You are living in a fantasy world

and your living in a fantasy world to if you believe the rebels are saints, we have been through this, the rebels are nothing more then hired thugs, there were artlices about them been al qaeda or whatever if you want to call them in this thread.

This is all about Oil,Loans dont give me that nonsense its only about freedom and democracy, just look at Chile in south america, yeah i can see how democracy has been working fine there,Protestors clashed with police in Chile today, Students demanding a free education system, and other Protestors.

Just wait and see either next year we will be seeing libyans protesting again.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   

I have to ask since when where libyans brothers to qatars? or since when did libyans ever called qatar brothers?

Have you actually been following the conflict? Qatar has been a major supplier of weapons and military assistance to the rebels. As already pointed out Qatari F-16s have been part of the no-fly zone enforcement. Gadaffi even claimed Qatari F-16s shot down even before they flew their first mission over Libya

'Qatar trains anti-Gadhafi rebels in use of anti-tank weapons'

www.worldtribune.com...

TJ

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Gaddafi never Invaded an libyas nations what hell is wrong with people on Al Jazeera English
i mean seriously do these idiots know anything better? no i guess not.

Chad has already been mentioned. Gadaffi in the 1970s even attacked Egypt before getting his ass handed to him.

en.wikipedia.org...

The nutter even attempted to defend Idi Amin and sent thousands of troops to fight against Tanzania.

en.wikipedia.org...

You seem to have this admiration and support for Gadaffi yet know very little about his escapades with his neighbours?

TJ

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by tommyjo

You seem to have this admiration and support for Gadaffi yet know very little about his escapades with his neighbours?

I could ask you the same about your this admiration and support for the pro western hired terrorists rebels who are known to have terrorists ties.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   

I could ask you the same about your this admiration and support for the pro western hired terrorists rebels who are known to have terrorists ties.

Heres a my little something from other threads on libya.

So What did the Terrorists,Armed thugs do in East Libya?

Benghazi- Rebels storm a local army base and force the soldiers at gunpoint to give up there tanks and weapons

Quryna reports that rebels storm and overtaken a prison in Benghazi,freeing 1,000 nonpolitical prisoners

According to Reuters "Protesters in the port city of Benghazi chanted slogans demanding the resignation of prime misnter Baghdadi Al-Mahmoudi. There were no immediate reports of demonstrations agaisnt Gaddafi

attacking your own country soldiers,police officers,setting fires on banks, freeing terrorists and nonpolitical prisoners from prisons well claiming that you want democracy doesn't sound very revolutionary.

Now does it?

I Wonder how do you think how would America Britain if either there own people rise up and thugs do these same things you think the government in America would just let the door open at the Pentagon for the rebels in America? i think not.

i wasn't surprised that al jazeera actually supports the rebels they do have a Qatar reporter along who has been on the side with them, she has been with them for quite some time.

Oh and from your link

Relations between the Libyan and the Egyptian governments were deteriorating ever since the Yom Kippur War of October 1973, due to Libyan opposition to Sadat's peace policy as well as the breakdown of unification talks between the two governments. In addition, the Egyptian government had broken its military ties with Moscow, while the Libyan government kept that cooperation going.

Libya was on the side with the russians and while egypt was on the side with the west.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   

reply to post by tommyjo

gaddafi stopped working on the Nuke Program in 2004 those are stockpile of chemical weapons chemicals used for scud lanunchers, not Nukes, gaddafi like saddam has No Nukes.

We were mislead in iraq over some nukes that saddam never had, just like in iraq chemicals were found for the scuds.

You are talking in riddles. Who mentioned nukes? Only you! It wasn't so long ago on this thread that you were claiming that Gadaffi had no chemical stockpile. My reply only mentions chemicals weapons.

If you read the Iraq Survey Group report you will find that no stockpile of chemicals were found for the Scuds. The Iraq Survey Group and inspection teams found no working stockpile or cache of chemical weapons. If they had done as you suggest then that would have been the smoking gun evidence. What they found was the remnants of the old legacy chemical munitions that the UN teams prior to invasion had been in the process of destroying. No working viable chemical munitions cache was found.

See findings from Iraq Survey Group Final Report.

Iraq’s Chemical Warfare Program, Annex F

Detailed Preliminary Assessment of Chemical Weapons Findings

www.globalsecurity.org...

www.globalsecurity.org...

TJ

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by tommyjo

See findings from Iraq Survey Group Final Report.

Sorry thats not credible its like the nist 911 Group Final Report.

Gadaffi had no chemical stockpile.

He doesnt

Why Gaddaffi Gave Up WMD

Although President George W Bush has sought to portray Libya's willingness to admit inspectors to examine its programmes of weapons of mass destruction as a success for American policy, Colonel Muammar Gaddafi may well feel that the success is really his.

Libya had... proposed inspections, so the American acceptance of its offer probably says more about President Bush's success in countering his many domestic critics than about overcoming Libyan resistance to inspections

. What they found was the remnants of the old legacy chemical munitions that the UN teams prior to invasion had been in the process of destroying. No working viable chemical munitions cache was found.

No those chemical munitions stockpile in iraq were a gift to saddam

How America Armed Iraq

Heres more

Source

During the Reagan (Bush) administration, the US provided Iraq with vast quantities of biological and chemical weapons. One of the motivations of the original Gulf War was to capture and destroy these weapons which the US did.

One more thing on Gadaffi

Behind him - and radical supporters of the colonel - are reformers determined on economic efficiency and political change.

Libya would also have to help in finally solving questions about Lockerbie which had been left unanswered by the trial.

See?

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Is Iraq in the Arab league? I wonder if the Iraqi government supports the killing of over 1 million of its own citizens by its ally, America. Does the new Libyan regime support the killing of 1 million Iraqis by its new allies?

Middle eastern politics is very confusing.

Just for the record. I think 1 million Iraqis were murdered by war criminals who should be sent to jail, not applauded for the humanitarian puppet show they are putting on in Libya. The rebels in Libya should be ashamed to be in bed with these monsters.
edit on 26-8-2011 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by noangels
^^^ that above = boots on the ground^^^ something the UN mandate did not allow

The UN resolution said no such thing. Read it again and think like a lawyer/diplomat. It only prohinits an "occupying force".

Another BBC reporter this morning let the cat out of the bag sayin that the rebels were told to stay clear of the gaddafi compound as RAF and french fighter jets were going to hit it hard for them

It's not really much of a secret that NATO has been flying CAS for the rebels. national Governments have not made much of an effort to hide it, only the NATO spokeswoman ever repeats the "we're not helping the rebels" line.

Cant believe we are fighting AQ in other countries but helping them here,madness!!!!!!!

Got to love the irony in people saying this. In any other thread where AQ would be mentioned, people will laugh and say it doesn't exist. Now that there is a way to have a pop at the West by admitting that AQ exists, everyone is now repeating the rumour the rebels are all Islamic terrorists.

Admittedly (and this has never even been denied by NATO) some may have links by virtue of the fact that they may have fought in Afghan or Iraq, but find me a Muslim country where someone hasn't.

Even the UK has nationals going to fight for the insurgents there!

However, it doesn't mean by a long shot that everyone is a Fundamentalist or AQ.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

The UN resolution said no such thing. Read it again and think like a lawyer/diplomat. It only prohinits an "occupying force".

you read it again i didnt reacall The UN resolution calling for a clear Covert Regime Change now did it? the resolution was passed to protect the civilians in benghazi in which the resolution didnt say prodive air cover for the rebels.

everyone is now repeating the rumour the rebels are all Islamic terrorists.

They are
only you view them as saints just like you view nato.
edit on 26-8-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

OK, so I was unaware of the population of Libya, excuse my ignorance, I should of checked. I simply implied that it looked like there was 10 million people. This mistake has nothing to do with propaganda and it doesn't change the fact that more people came out in support of Gaddafi, than the rebels or NATO. It also doesn't change the fact that the BBC deliberately lied about people celebrating the rebels in Tripoli, when they were actually showing footage from a demonstration in India. Ironic how you don't condemn this.

When you have the internet, it doesn't take long for the truth to spread around the world. Most people are disgusted with the BBC and rightly so.

BBC shows "Green Square" in INDIA
waterput.yolasite.com...
bbs.chinadaily.com.cn...
projectavalon.net...
lunaticoutpost.com...
edit on 26-8-2011 by kindred because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join