It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I threatened the government, and they responded.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+24 more 
posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Hey ATS!

I'm fairly new here, in fact besides my introduction thread this will be my first time trying to get a conversation started here. That being said I hope you enjoy the following tale, perhaps similar has happened to you.

It begins back in 2007, I had just graduated high school and as such my friends and I were not really ready to take on the world of responsibility. So we did what young people with the sudden edition of too much free time do, we stayed up late, drinking, smoking and talking about the world at our friends apartment (His parents had gone overseas, so we had the place to ourselves)

On one evening the most intelligent of all my friends brought up the conversation of September 11. At that stage I was the type of person who refused to believe any conspiracy. We went back and forth arguing for ages until we got to the core of the discussion, the government.

To me the government were the good guys, why would they possibly want to harm their own citizens. Control my friend said, they know everything about you, they own you. They even listen in on all of your phone calls and read all texts and emails. At that point I called bull#, I asked my friend for proof. He said that if I were to call someone, anyone and make some sort of large threat I would soon see.

So, I did what any inquisitive teen would do, I called his mobile and left a message. I went something like this, 'Hey *****, I was thinking this country would be better without our Prime Minister, I'm thinking about assassinating him, all the best!'

As you can imagine he wasn't to impressed, but he to was curious to see what would happen. I only noticed it a few days later but it may have started that night for all I know. I was driving somewhere when I just glanced into the rear view mirror. There I saw a black Ford Territory with the kind of tint you can't see through. And just to be a bit more of a cliche, two white guys in black suits and black shades.

I kinda shrugged it off, Ford Territory is a car you see quite often in Australia. Then it happened again...then again on another day, and over and over again. No matter where, or what time it just kept happening. I was even in another state, in another car and again it happened, more than once.

Eventually everyone who was within earshot of the conversation that night was in the car with me, we were going god knows where, but I was at this point understandably spooked. I turned to my friend, the one whom I'd called to leave the message and told him how I was starting to believe him, and that I thought I was being followed.

I had just gotten the words out when a black Ford Territory came around a corner with great speed, it came up quite close to the rear of the car. We all felt a little freaked out at the point. None of us said a thing, it was at that point that I felt another experiment was in order. We were approaching a roundabout, I indicated left, and then sped around to the right, the Ford did the exact same thing. Again it came close to the back of the car, followed for about a minute, then took off around a corner.

That was the last I ever saw of those cars. From that day on I believed in conspiracies, I believed that the world I saw was not the same anymore, it was different. So there it is, that's my story on how I came to be one of the many people who now see the world for what it is.

Thanks for taking the time to read my story. Let me know what you think! Maybe you've had something similar happen to you, If you have any questions feel free to ask. Oh hey mods, if this is in the wrong area feel free to move it

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
I really enjoyed that story it was pretty riveting!
My question is: How do you know you aren't still being observed?
Just because you were discounted as an immediate threat I bet you remain on some kind of list.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Toddlez

They can't listen in to every conversation and email, but they do have programs that data mine for key words, asassination combined with your PM being just a few examples of them. You were probably investigated and eventually deemed not to be a threat...at the moment.

But I would think that your name is now in a database somewhere and that they visit your conversations from time to time. Just to make sure you're still not a threat.

Who knows? Maybe this post will get your name removed...but I doubt it.

+5 more 
posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Toddlez

If you had said that about the U.S. President, you'd probably find yourself at Guatanamo.

(Don't test it.)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
LOL.....

I dont believe a word of it
Its the same story just told in a slightly different way.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
They already realized that you are just a teen with nothing else to do. But of course you are already on their black list which will be bugged from time to time.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

I don't mind that you don't believe me, but I swear it all happened.

As for being on a black list, I'm not sure if the two are related but when ever I go to catch a plane 9 out of 10 times I'm bomb tested. I asked why they chose my once, they told me it was because 'I looked like I wouldn't talk back.'

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Toddlez

As for being on a black list, I'm not sure if the two are related but when ever I go to catch a plane 9 out of 10 times I'm bomb tested. I asked why they chose my once, they told me it was because 'I looked like I wouldn't talk back.'

I swear i went to Mars for a 2 week break this year.....doesnt mean i really did it.

I think you are paranoid or just making it up....thats my honest opinion

9 out of 10 times i go on a plane im checked for bombs and what not....thats just how they roll
Thats why its called Security.

He said that if I were to call someone, anyone and make some sort of large threat I would soon see. So, I did what any inquisitive teen would do, I called his mobile and left a message. I went something like this, 'Hey *****, I was thinking this country would be better without our Prime Minister, I'm thinking about assassinating him, all the best!' As you can imagine he wasn't to impressed, but he to was curious to see what would happen.

WHO?????? Just some other random kid???? An employee of the government?????

edit on 21-8-2011 by loves a conspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Toddlez

Great! Now you attract lazy security guys as well.

Oh well...it could be worse.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
As a conspiracy theorist, my initial thought is this is a disinfo government agent trying to see who will decide to call BS on him and do the exact same thing themselves. Like a chaos agent!

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
For those who think that this is just a story, try it and lets us know how it goes. It always helps to have some independent observation in conducting experiments.

Pine Gap is one site that I know off that collects and processes all telecommunications in Australia, not sure how far around the world the data collection goes. Sounds like there are heaps more similar sites around the world though.
edit on 21-8-2011 by kwakakev because: added bit about independent observation

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by kwakakev

Obviously if i phoned someone of importance and threatened to kill them, id have police all over me....not driving around in cars behind me and tapping my phone. They would kick my door down at 6am and arrest me....why follow someone who has made such a threat?? Surely thats incompetence on the polices part.

It looks to me like this person has read this elsewhere and wants to sound "cool" so changed a few words and posted it here.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

that doesn't make sense to me... Why would they look for people to add to the list this way? anyone they added this way, they would know is just curious, not a threat.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Loves a conspiracy, perhaps you love them a little too much. There is absolutely nothing made up about my story. What reason would I have to make it up? In fact the reason I made an account on ATS was because I felt it was a place to share my story without the ridicule I've gotten from other people. Perhaps I was wrong?

As for who I called, it was my friend who was into conspiracies.

I know the internet is a place filled with disinformation and distrust, and there is no way for me to prove what I say but I can assure you I'm not full of crap

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy

It looks to me like this person has read this elsewhere and wants to sound "cool" so changed a few words and posted it here.

If you are implying that the OP committed plagiarism, they didn't. I checked. check for yourself. Just copy and paste the OP

www.plagiarismchecker.com...
edit on 21-8-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Toddlez

Sounds very unbelievable, not the story in itself just the way it reads.
edit on 21-8-2011 by lestweforget because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

If you are implying that the OP committed plagiarism, they didn't. I checked. check for yourself. Just copy and paste the OP

No im not implying that.

Ive seen this story a hundred times....always slightly different but always very similar. Im saying, he read a story elsewhere, and decided he would make one for himself.

The guy says he phoned his mate and said all this nonsense......then he started getting followed. Seriously...do you believe this????

Why would they waste all these resources? He phoned his 16 year old mate and left a message on his phone saying he wanted to kill the Prime Minister........why would they trace this? Why would they get him under surveillance?

Makes no sense to me...thats why im calling BS

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Obviously if i phoned someone of importance and threatened to kill them...

He just phoned his friend, a relative nobody and left a message. This goes to show there is no privacy in all communications and is a lot different from making a direct threat to an individual. Also where is line drawn in what information is processed and acted up? What about corporate plans and trade secrets? How can you be sure that some big corporation is not going to undercut or disrupt your business just because someone considers it 'National Security'?

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

No im not implying that.

Ive seen this story a hundred times....always slightly different but always very similar. Im saying, he read a story elsewhere, and decided he would make one for himself.

The guy says he phoned his mate and said all this nonsense......then he started getting followed. Seriously...do you believe this????

Why would they waste all these resources? He phoned his 16 year old mate and left a message on his phone saying he wanted to kill the Prime Minister........why would they trace this? Why would they get him under surveillance?

Makes no sense to me...thats why im calling BS

If you've seen this story hundreds of times, perhaps show us an example? Also, about what you said before about being cool. Absolutely no offense to anyone on ATS, but if I were trying to be cool this is not the place I would be trying it.

Also, I was 18, my mate was 19. I doubt anyone 'followed' him, the reason being that out of all my mates I was the only one who could drive. I was the only one who left to get food or anything else we needed. We were all staying in the same place for most of the time so they couldn't really follow him anywhere.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   

If you've seen this story hundreds of times, perhaps show us an example?

OK

www.abovetopsecret.com...
Paranoid

Paranoid

Paranoid

" "

There are endless amounts of these on here....as well as all over the internet.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join