It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Three People Arrested for Selling Lemonade in Washington D.C.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Wyn Hawks

are you for real?? where the hell did you grow up? kids selling lemonade is a time honored american tradition. sure alot of bad things CAN happen, and I certainly am leary of what I eat all the time. but still, this is something kids have been doing since forever.

there is alot of things we USED to do in this country that all of the sudden is off limits, get a grip people. if yall are soo worried about potentially getting poisoned by things you ingest, start with your government's lax standing on regulations within the food industry.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
The solution to the worlds problems...

stop Americans breeding.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by JennaDarling

stop Americans breeding.

yes, you germans always know best how other peoples should or shouldn't breed......

for someone that claims a want for the future-like society of star trek, you tend to have a pissy disposition. then again maybe you're a klingon.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by wingsfan

I think the astronomical increase in law suits plays the biggest part in the what we see in societies increasing permits and restrictions etc. It is much easier to just stop something altogether like it is nice to be able to sell lemonade on the street but is it really necessary? What happens is when someone gets sick they look to sue whoever is the next rung up on the financial ladder just to get more money. It's a double edged sword though because some lawsuits are good ways to protect repeats of bad practices like in restaurants or similar.

Same for insurance. Look at helmet laws for motorcycles. If a person chooses to ride a motorcycle with no helmet and they get into an accident the chance of injuries and death increases. If the person not wearing the helmet had no recourse to be compensated or covered by insurance for the injuries because they did not wear a helmet you can be fairly certain they would wear a helmet. The easiest way to protect yourself and to avoid the cost the insurance company has to pay because you decided to not wear a helmet is to pass a law making it mandatory to wear helmets. Back to the lemonade, you sell lemonade on my property and i allow it someone gets sick they are not going to sue the lemonade seller because they have no money.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
true, true...

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by wingsfan
reply to post by Wyn Hawks

are you for real??

...no, honey, i'm just a figment of your imagination...

where the hell did you grow up?

...if that was any of your biz, you'd already know...

kids selling lemonade is a time honored american tradition. sure alot of bad things CAN happen, and I certainly am leary of what I eat all the time. but still, this is something kids have been doing since forever.

there is alot of things we USED to do in this country that all of the sudden is off limits, get a grip people.

...i've already addressed that stupidity and i'm not in the mood to be repetitive...

if yall are soo worried about potentially getting poisoned by things you ingest, start with your government's lax standing on regulations within the food industry.

...well, ya know, some could say that your attempt to dictate what others consider important is as viable as that little white dot on top of chicken poop...

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
well, just googled "chicken poop"....
learn something new everyday!!!

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by wingsfan

...that makes it a good day, huh?...

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Well, its nice to see that some people can afford the time, expenses and possible loss of a job to go out and do things like this, knowing you may be arrested by these under achieving code enforcers.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by JennaDarling

stop Americans breeding.

Haha, 70 years gone by and you Germans still have that genocidal disposition

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by TriForce

lulz...but her point is true^^ all the crazy things are going on in america, not in europe...our police is using the tazer to defeat hostage-taker, you to cripple homeless people and students....
edit on 22-8-2011 by Hessdalen because: mindcontrol...

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hessdalen
reply to post by TriForce

lulz...but her point is true^^ all the crazy things are going on in america, not in europe...our police is using the tazer to defeat hostage-taker, you to cripple homeless people and students....
edit on 22-8-2011 by Hessdalen because: mindcontrol...

All the crazy things going on in America only? Lets see, what about the week long riots in England?
Or how about the English Govt putting cameras into peoples homes. I actually believe that England was one giant social experiment, where they learned how far they can push the citizens (pretty damn far btw) and now its being done here. (US)
I admit that my country is going to hell but I believe England made it there before we did

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Here's some better footage:

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wyn Hawks
...oh c'mon - these protestors wanted to be arrested... thats been part of the game since protesting began... no arrest = you didnt maximize media potential...

...vendors have to be licensed to protect the public from whackos who would lace their products with drugs, feces, urine, etc...

...just because you buy lemonade from a cute little kid - that doesnt mean he didnt dig a big ol' snotty bugger out of his nose that accidentally ended up in the koolaid jug...

Licensing protects and prevents nothing.

Having/obtaining a license does not prevent anyone from lacing any product with poison, drugs, or any unsavory or unsanitary thing.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

No. These are the real criminals, apparently.

Meanwhile Wallstreet bankers are free to destroy the country, but these lemonaid sellers must be arrested!

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   

...oh c'mon - these protestors wanted to be arrested... thats been part of the game since protesting began... no arrest = you didnt maximize media potential...

...vendors have to be licensed to protect the public from whackos who would lace their products with drugs, feces, urine, etc...

...just because you buy lemonade from a cute little kid - that doesnt mean he didnt dig a big ol' snotty bugger out of his nose that accidentally ended up in the koolaid jug...

And Just how does a "Venders license." stop this from happening, hell it happens all the time in my home town, two of the news stations have started special segments on "bad/dirty/unsafe" restaurant and food stores. So tell me how this venders license stops this, please?

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Liquesence

reply to post by Wolfie0827

...since you didnt read the whole thread, the explanation you're demanding can be found via the link below...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
If you need a reason to doubt the government's official story about 9/11, here it is, people.

Terrorism was the original pretext that the government used, to get people to the point where they'd be willing to put up with crap like this. First you claim that you need special exceptions for the "terrorists," and before you know it, the public are used to watching you taser, bash, torture, and lock up anyone you feel like.

This is the security that anyone who believes the government's story on 9/11, has traded their freedom for. Feeling safe yet?

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   

...i'm very picky about where i eat and what i drink... had to nearly die of filth-induced botulism twice before i smartened up, which is also why i approve of enforcing health codes via permits for selling ingestibles...

Having standards about food hygeine is fine. I do myself. However, part of at least my own definition of responsible adulthood, is exercising the responsibility of policing your own standards yourself, rather than expecting the state to do it for you.

Anyone who believes that actions like these by the government, are remotely justifiable, does not deserve any form of freedom; and they also, ultimately, will not have it.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
If the Lemonade selling felons..ahem were of a minority background or if they were illegal aliens, would they have been arrested? I'll say, 95% no they would not have even been bothered. Now that Obama has given a free pass to illegals, maybe 97% chance of no arrest.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join