It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Three People Arrested for Selling Lemonade in Washington D.C.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Full playlist of events

I don't know how many people have heard of Adam Kokesh. He is a journalist for Russia Today news in Washington D.C. Well, he and a group of friends were taking part in a nationwide protest against the police actions where they shut down lemonade stands in Georgia.

The video is pretty long but as you can hear from the people, they weren't causing any trouble. Selling lemonade should not be a crime. The government has lost its mind. Arresting people for feeding the homeless in Orlando, for selling lemonade in D.C. It's ridiculous.

The Lemonade Stand 3 are being held in a cage near the capitol & expect to be released when their supporters get the ransom money together. -Adam Kokesh
Adam's facebook with more information

According to other friends involved, they have tried calling the PD and demanding the release of their friends but have been hung up on several times.

Honestly... what is happening with this country?!

I will update as more information comes up.
edit on 20-8-2011 by EagleTalonZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by EagleTalonZ

Terrorists! Lock'em up and throw away the key

This is happening lots lately

ETA: Sarcasm on the first line, for those who never pick up on it.
edit on 20-8-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: eta

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Got to add 1 more to my list.

I posted this one not that long ago, but no one was "arrested" in that story. Is it an arrestable offense to begin with, vending without a permit that is?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
At least they weren't tasered, tear gased or had dogs unleashed on them like they would have if they'd been engaging in a recognizable protest.
edit on 20-8-2011 by AnIntellectualRedneck because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
Got to add 1 more to my list.

I posted this one not that long ago, but no one was "arrested" in that story. Is it an arrestable offense to begin with, vending without a permit that is?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thanks for posting that link. Adam and the group's stand was in response to that ridiculous event. It was suppose to be nationwide today. When I last checked over 600 people claimed to be 'attending' on facebook. Dunno how many actually did.

It's stupid that they got arrested. According to one person who has spoke with the PD, the "criminals" are facing 3 charges each. What possible charges could they come up with? Ignorance is not in short supply in our nations capital.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Wow.

That looks like a little girl, being handcuffed.

This is like arresting girl scouts for selling cookies under the "probable cause of lone wolf terrorism".

Appalling - Unless those girls were selling overpriced lemonade.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I'm not saying it's write if these are children but until we find the age of the folks selling the lemonade lets not jump to conclusions...if they are adults then very simply they need a vendors license and chances are (going out on a limb here) they were most likely told to pack up and leave...can't see someone getting cuffed right off of the bat for selling lemonade and as much as some of the police hating folks on here are salivating at this clip I reserve judegment for the facts of this short clip....

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Only in America...

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by GLaDOS

And it took over 35 seconds to handcuff her..

I don't know but...

does this officer need more training?..

Lemonade eh?

sad place we live.....

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
The individuals selling lemonade were all adults. It was an act of civil disobedience in response to the Georgia lemonade stand that got shut down. The people involved are no strangers to the actions of the police state. They were also involved in dancing at the Thomas Jefferson Memorial after people were arrested. (including Adam Kokesh)

But that doesn't make it any better. The example given repeatedly during the event today, "At one time it was lawful to keep blacks and whites separated but it doesn't make it a law that should be upheld." These LEOs need to uphold the Constitution and stop enforcing things like this. No victim - No crime.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
...oh c'mon - these protestors wanted to be arrested... thats been part of the game since protesting began... no arrest = you didnt maximize media potential...

...vendors have to be licensed to protect the public from whackos who would lace their products with drugs, feces, urine, etc...

...just because you buy lemonade from a cute little kid - that doesnt mean he didnt dig a big ol' snotty bugger out of his nose that accidentally ended up in the koolaid jug...

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   

thanks for some background information

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Wow, look at all those cops eager to arrest some women selling lemonade. Don't they have better things to do such as, I dunno...catch REAL criminals???

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wyn Hawks
...oh c'mon - these protestors wanted to be arrested... thats been part of the game since protesting began... no arrest = you didnt maximize media potential...

...vendors have to be licensed to protect the public from whackos who would lace their products with drugs, feces, urine, etc...

...just because you buy lemonade from a cute little kid - that doesnt mean he didnt dig a big ol' snotty bugger out of his nose that accidentally ended up in the koolaid jug...

Everyone who participated in today's event had the knowledge they MAY be arrested. Their purpose is to wake people up that our freedoms are being so harshly violated. Kids have been running lemonade stands for a very long time. I did when I was young. I've bought for other children who were doing it and nothing ever happened to me. It's ridiculous to be arrested for selling lemonade. Dumb laws like that (which I haven't actually even seen) need to be repealed.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
UPDATE:

OK...each of the activists have 3 charges against them....Failure to obey...unlawful conduct...and vending without a permit.
Taken from the facebook page of one of the activists there.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I dont understand the videos. A group of people wanted to get arrested?

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
lol, I said in the jefferson threads kokesh was a whore. if he really was interested in helping people he would volunteer (anonymously) at a food bank

he picks low hanging fruit and tries to get arrested

wouldn't surprise me if you can find his website, complete with banner ads for jefferson cd's and lemonade

ETA : omg it's worse than I thought. son of a rich guy, who even gave his military superiors a hard time and has a, get this, RADIO SHOW !

spoiled brat with an angle is what he is

open your eyes !
edit on 20-8-2011 by syrinx high priest because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Malcher
I dont understand the videos. A group of people wanted to get arrested?

They didn't WANT to be arrested but they did understand it was a possibility. They were selling lemonade in response to the lemonade stand in Georgia which was shut down by police. It was ran by two small girls. So people all over the nation were upset and decided to hold a nationwide event today in response.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
lol, I said in the jefferson threads kokesh was a whore. if he really was interested in helping people he would volunteer (anonymously) at a food bank

he picks low hanging fruit and tries to get arrested

wouldn't surprise me if you can find his website, complete with banner ads for jefferson cd's and lemonade

I can see your point but unfortunately he wouldn't raise much awareness to the injustices taking place in our country if he did that. He is using his social status to wake people up. Being arrested is something that takes place on a regular basis. That is because his cause is about standing up to laws that are simply ridiculous. No dancing at the Jefferson memorial? No selling lemonade (without a permit)?? Absolutely stupid laws!

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   

on the to do list for this country, protecting lemonade stands and peoples rights to disrupt monument viewing is about # 1,987 and 2,348

if he takes on the fed, the banks, wall street or the lobbyists, let me know

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join