It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women are better endurance athelettes than men.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by EnigmaAgent

There ya go, men lose their advantage in long distance events proving that women have superior endurance the longer it lasts.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
I do believe women dominate this field.

No, they don't.

They only dominate the sport in a participatory sense.

Sports such as athletics, swimming, tennis, gymnastics etc. are pretty much participated evenly between men and women.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Good debate

Excuse me now but I feel the need to go work on my car and smoke a cigar after all this time spent defending women

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

You do your gender well sir.
As for the rest of you.....ugh.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   

There ya go, men lose their advantage in long distance events proving that women have superior endurance the longer it lasts.

So, how come the Ironman Triathlon record is 7 hours and 40 minutes - 50 minutes faster than the women's record ?

Ironman Triathlon is probably the pinnacle of sporting endurance, with a back-to-back 2 and a half mile swim, 100 mile cycle ride and a full marathon to finish it off.

edit on 20-8-2011 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

I have to call ya out on this one. Life is different from sports.

I have had patrols cancelled early because our female medics could not carry the load or keep up. We always had to spread out their gear amonst the guys. Endurance under a load favors the male of the species.

But I have females who were also a force mulitplier as well.

I will agree with you though. If all things were equal, than they're equal. As it should be.

link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

That's actually pretty short in endurance terms. Even amateurs can go for 24 hours.

link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes

So, how come the Ironman Triathlon record is 7 hours and 40 minutes - 50 minutes faster than the women's record ?

Ironman Triathlon is probably the pinnacle of sporting endurance. with a back-to-back 2 and a half mile swim, 100 mile cycle ride and a full marathon to finish it off.

Obviously because women are sooooooo superior...they let the guys win.

I really think this thread title should be renamed to, "Men are only better athletes because they are naturally better!!!"

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thestargateisreal
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

That's actually pretty short in endurance terms. Even amateurs can go for 24 hours.

Then why don't you join a race and show all the men how it's done.

Isn't the NY marathon coming up??? Go prove us all wrong.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Why don't you challenge me to a foot race to make your point?

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Read my earlier posts where I give specific examples.

The facts are lining up against you guys and it's fun watching you squirm, i'm just wating for the "troll" comments to come out soon

LOL

I don't think you're a troll - I think that you're probably just playing devil's advocate, which is fair enough.

There are no reasonable examples which you've provided. Of course one woman may be better than one man at any given sporting endeavour, but examples like Bobby Riggs just make your position a laughing stock; the top women's player in the world at the time, Billy Jean King, laboured to a victory over a 55-year-old chain smoking has-been who hadn't played a professional match for 25 years !

edit on 20-8-2011 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Why don't you challenge me to a foot race to make your point?

I don't think you quite understand my point.

You criticized his post by saying even amateurs could do it...so back up your claims. I haven't made personal claims...I don't have a self confidence issue that I feel the need to prove something on the internet.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Endurance...

The weak's adrenaline.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Thestargateisreal

well all i can say is i could not give a damn about who is stronger or weaker interms of male/female when it comes to sport. all i care about is who is first over the line and where my fellow countrymen/woman came.

i don't tend to sit there and compare genders because all that matters is who gets over the line first. and the fact is most men would finish before women, a trait not limited to sport...... or so i am told.

edit on 20-8-2011 by lifeform11 because: typo

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   

I'm not an amateur endurance athlete. I'm a mountain biker that's probably capable of competing at the amateur level. I'm also faster than the majority of men I meet, including the one I ride with every weekend. Amateur means you're looking to do something professionally, not a random person off the street. You don't know that though, or refuse to acknowledge it.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   

You have to be trolling now.

If you even understood how much training it takes for an ''amateur'' to even run a decent time in a half marathon, then you wouldn't have made such an ignorant comment.

However, I'm pretty sure that your comments - and thread, in general - are/is pure trollery, so I guess the old maxim about not feeding trolls should be applied forthwith.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes

You have to be trolling now.

If you even understood how much training it takes for an ''amateur'' to even run a decent time in a half marathon, then you wouldn't have made such an ignorant comment.

However, I'm pretty sure that your comments - and thread, in general - are/is pure trollery, so I guess the old maxim about not feeding trolls should be applied forthwith.

I agree...the OP can update the thread when she has shattered all men's records in every sport.

It shouldn't take long at all, since women are FAR superior than men.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
Obviously because women are sooooooo superior...they let the guys win.

I really think this thread title should be renamed to, "Men are only better athletes because they are naturally better!!!"

I have no idea what the people who are attempting to defend women's natural physical shortcomings are even arguing about.

A lot of people who suffer from partial deafness often have a keener sense of hearing than those who do not. By the ''logic'' being employed here, that means that someone who is 90% deaf is ''better'' at hearing than someone whose aural capabilities are intact.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I can agree with I suppose in one way, my sister runs triathalons and plays rugby. she has excellent endurance.
the only downside to this is I know I can catch her. I visited her in Alberta last summer, for fun I gave her a 5 second head start, she was a robber, I was a cop. I caught her not too far up. and trust me she's not slow.

I don't want to label all women under the same name, but out of experience it's fairly even.
What we have in speed they have in distance. she would need a half minute head start though.

so I can see the argument for it, but it's our natural position to be the dominant gender

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
The more fat thing helping women is bogus imo. Let's say you're burning around 1600 calories an hour during a marathon, could be more, that's still only a pound worth of fat....which male or female you will have. Plus, more fat is more weight to carry.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join