It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women are better endurance athelettes than men.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

30 years ago was a very different time for women.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

Read my earlier posts where I give specific examples.

The facts are lining up against you guys and it's fun watching you squirm, i'm just wating for the "troll" comments to come out soon

Why? You aren't trolling in this thread....Which is nice to see.
Hey, you are a smart guy.You should show it more often.

You are playing devil advocate. I like doing that to.

That said, we do live in a male dominated society.... We haven't always. There have been culture who considered women to be the " superior" gender.

I think, physically.Men are stronger... Generally speaking.Sure,there are some women who are stronger than some men. It happens. But generally,Men are physically better athletes....

Ask me who is mentally and emotionally superior though....Women have my vote on that one.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Thestargateisreal

I'm saying I had 30 years plus. I have just retired, so my memories are fresh.

I also have six older sisters and I'm the only male (the baby). Made me bitter before I knew what women were for. That was a rough childhood.

Neither of the genders are necessarily better the other. Once you remove childbirth, they just have different talents...so to speak. And as always, it is up to the individual to push themselves.

I have read a study by the military that technically, women would make better fighter pilots as they have quicker reflexes. I'm cool with that.

There is also the mindset of the individual to consider. Were they raised to be girly or manly or can they think for themselves and push their limits?

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thestargateisreal
reply to post by kro32

You do your gender well sir.
As for the rest of you.....ugh.

Did you just judge a whole group of people that you don't even know?

You don't know me at all...and you are saying ugh to me?

Don't you think that is a bit..... mean, prejudiced and hurtful?

You do realize kro was just playing devils advocate right?

Meh....I hope you were joking....If not,I just lost a lot of respect for you...

I prefer treating people as equals, regardless or gender, race, handicap,sexual orientation....

What about you?

If you are looking for equality....making prejudiced judgments against all men is not the way to go....It makes you a hypocrite....

edit on 20-8-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

I made many posts here. I said thank you to those men, the real men in this thread. You are not a part of the "ugh" group.
Thanks for an intelligent post.

I tend to treat people as they treat me actually. You've been nice so I'm going to try to treat you nicely until you stop being nice.
edit on 20-8-2011 by Thestargateisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

Made me bitter before I knew what women were for.

What are women for again?

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

It's part of nature, just accept it. In some species, the female is larger, stronger, and dominant. But in humans, that is not the case....sorry....accept it and move on. Don't use fuzzy (read: crazy) logic or outright dishonesty to try to make it otherwise.

What he said. This thread got three more flags than it deserved. I respect both genders equally but this thread reeks of transparent but veiled misandry i.e. the hatred of men.

The OP has made herself perfectly clear:

[...] all men are stupid and not capable thinkers.

Another victim of "divide and conquer" mentalities.

For the female ATS members who don't have a chip on their shoulders with their fellow male ATS members, I salute you with this, one of my heroes:

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

reply to post by kro32

You do your gender well sir.
As for the rest of you.....ugh.

Did you just judge a whole group of people that you don't even know?

You don't know me at all...and you are saying ugh to me?

Don't you think that is a bit..... mean, prejudiced and hurtful?

You do realize kro was just playing devils advocate right?

Meh....I hope you were joking....If not,I just lost a lot of respect for you...

I prefer treating people as equals, regardless or gender, race, handicap,sexual orientation....

What about you?

If you are looking for equality....making prejudiced judgments against all men is not the way to go....It makes you a hypocrite....

edit on 20-8-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

Part of me think that her weekend mountain biking partner beat her recently and he is rubbing it in after all the ribbing she gave him.

Regardless though, I think it is a good debate, if only she would get over her Amazon complex.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   

You make it very difficult with comments like "what women are for".

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Well..there is this thing called sex. But I require a equal or better partner, not to mention they must be my best friend. But a attitude, I can do without and will not put up with it. I'm picky...my sisters taught me well.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Obviously not very well.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   

You misunderstand. Women are not just for sex. Once a relationship is formed, they are friends and family and must be defended and protected at all costs. But I say the same for either gender I consider family.

But if a woman lords over me in a superior manner, she is sure to get cut off at the knees. I treat women equally and expect the same. I cut no one any slack, regardless of gender. I don't really care about hurt feelings, expect for those I care about...but sometimes, the truth hurts. And I expect the same treatment.

I despise men who beat their women. I despise women who beat their men. I despise those who refuse to stand up to bullies.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   

What are women for again?

Confusing men with random, illogical behaviour and expecting us to know why theyre doing it,

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
lol fyer, good one

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Flyer

I have to agree. but I still accept them for who they are. Could be why I'm still single....

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   

We are all born with certain specialties, and in turn, certain weaknesses. You can be a prison to them, or be motivated to defeat them.

One can imagine women need more endurance, what with the whole 9 hours of labor and everything. But to say all women is simply not true. For as with all things, there is a natural distribution curve. There are many women born with no femininity at all, and barely anything to call them female, and others with far too much femininity that pull them back and prevent them from being anything more than a baby machine. No different with men, with some being less masculine had having no testosterone, to other men with so much it becomes pointless for them to be anything more than "studs".

Just thinking of the purposes natural assigned each sex reveals answers. Females give birth. Need endurance. Males go fight and hunt and other stuff. Need more on-site energy and longer rest. As always, we can choose to accept these qualities, or den them and defeat them if you seek something else.

Humans always are born this way. And really, ts your choice to be with it or against it. You don't lose or gain anything really either way.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Ya! You think so ? What about wrestling ? I think I can take ya !

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Did you know that more women graduate college than men? Does that mean that by those numbers you're all less intelligent than women?

Which makes sense considering there's more women than men on Earth.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   

I seriously think you need to release your bias and understand that your issue lies in the fact that you have a bitterness towards men for some reason. What was the reason you posted this here? Your source is one performance website, it was not a University study nor was it completed by anyone with a large amount of experience or success in the field of exercise.

This is just feminism at it's worst and truly a shame to your point. I think you need to examine your emotions before you post some bizarre, enraged tirade on something that is not even 100% proven. Another thing, if the picture in your post is who you really are, you clearly are not in a proper emotional state to be posting something like this. Who wears spike collars? Seriously?

Why are you posting this here? This is not a website for feminist ramblings, and your indication of the proverbial "ugh" group, you are a part of the "ugh group if it were to be categorized as such in the female gender. I own several books written by women that indicate this behavior is undesirable and absurd. Your notions of hating bias are absolutely uncalled for as well. There are things that men are better at than women and vice versa.

In short, get over yourself and reflect on why you wrote this because you clearly don't understand how extremely ridiculous this post is.

edit on 20-8-2011 by DragonRain311 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   

reply to post by Turq1

The point is that me making the general statement that all men are stupid is no more accurate than saying that all women are physically inferior.

Yes, it would be inaccurate unless you look at statistics. Maybe men do score lower on standardized tests, if that's the case you can say that women score better than men on standardized tests. If men run marathons better, then it's truthful to say male runners are faster than female runners. If people want to get into semantics they can, but it's not going to get them anywhere.

Girls on standardized tests score better on reading normally, and what's the problem with that? If that isn't a problem, then men running faster certainly isn't.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join