It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kansas City sets youth curfew after flash mob shooting

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Kansas City sets youth curfew after flash mob shooting

www.reuters.com

The weekend shooting of three teenagers at a large late-night "flash mob" gathering prompted local authorities to pass an ordinance on Thursday that sets curfews as early as 9 p.m. for people under age 18.

At the urging of Mayor Sly James, the Kansas City Council passed the ordinance 13-0, allowing police to issue citations to parents whose children violate the curfew. Parents can be fined up to $500 per violation.

Three youths aged 13 to 16 were injured by apparently random gunshots at about 11:30 p.m. on Saturday night in an upscale shopping and restaurant district called Country Clu
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I was wondering how long it would take for someone to get shot. If some gang of youths tried to spontaneously attack me or my family, they'd get a nasty surprise.

Where are the parents of these kids? Why do they allow their kids to run the streets late at night? They should be held responsible for their kids actions, if they taught them right from wrong the this wouldn't be happening. It all starts at home. The parents are to blame for the unrulely kids that run the streets. Cut their parents welfare checks as punishment and ban them from owning a cellphone and computer for life. Animals that belong in a zoo.

I have no sympathy.

www.reuters.com
edit on 19-8-2011 by joyride0187 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Mostly because some of the parents simply do not give a damn. This is sad because in the future kids will be trained to think they need a curfew to walk outside.

Crying shame actually, but I have no mercy for them. They made their bed hard and now they suffer with their decisions. S & F Op, you deserve it.
edit on 19-8-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by joyride0187

I'm still waiting for the MSM to paint the shooters as the real victims.

"Oh, they did what they did because there are no jobs." Or whatever flavor the excuse of the day is.

"They're to young to go to jail!"

They didn't know anyone would get hurt!" Yea...riiiiight.

They should be punished, and hard. Life in prison is not supposed to be a vacation. Make it so no one ever wants to go back.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Will have to wait and see how well this will be enforced. There already is a city wide curfew that carries a fine of one dollar. That's right ONE dollar. That is some really cheap baby sitting for parents who drop their kids off for a night of fun. This new curfew will target entertainment districts and is not city wide. So it won't be soon before the kids (thugs) will find new places to go. Wouldn't be surprised if this weekend the teenagers retaliate somewhere else in the city because of the new curfew.
It all boils down to the parents keeping track of their kids and keeping them inline which I doubt will happen.
Personally I see this as one more conditioning tactic to get everybody used to the big brother police state.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

I'm still waiting for the MSM to paint the shooters as the real victims.

"Oh, they did what they did because there are no jobs." Or whatever flavor the excuse of the day is.

"They're to young to go to jail!"

They didn't know anyone would get hurt!" Yea...riiiiight.

They should be punished, and hard. Life in prison is not supposed to be a vacation. Make it so no one ever wants to go back.

They probably will, it's gotten to be I can just close my eyes and say "So they are black this time too ?" I'm black and I'm sick of them. What is so cool about being in a flash mob can somebody answer that question for me ? Is it drugs ? What do these f**kers want ? They are not doing a damn thing with their lives so why make everybody else's life miserable ?

I've just been recently diagnosed with Melancholic depression for me it's either, put up or shut the f**k up! Get these kids some jobs, hobbies, video games. Something! Get off the internet scheming and get your sorry arses/asses/whatever outside! That is what I want to tell them. This is ridiculous.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Cut their parents welfare checks as punishment and ban them from owning a cellphone and computer for life.

Ha, i like how you slipped that in there. I don't know many people on welfare using cell phones and facebook to flashmob places. I do know plenty of "afluent" kids who run rioting into the night.

Those london riots are mostly poor kids. What we're seeing back here are anything but poor. I'm not falling for it, and I'm not going to blame it on the "welfare queens".

I do agree the problem lies at home, just probably not in the homes you'd expect.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters

Cut their parents welfare checks as punishment and ban them from owning a cellphone and computer for life.

Ha, i like how you slipped that in there. I don't know many people on welfare using cell phones and facebook to flashmob places. I do know plenty of "afluent" kids who run rioting into the night.

Those london riots are mostly poor kids. What we're seeing back here are anything but poor. I'm not falling for it, and I'm not going to blame it on the "welfare queens".

I do agree the problem lies at home, just probably not in the homes you'd expect.

You are correct. Over here, these kids ain't poor, they're living better then me. These kids aren't poor think of them as upper-lower-middle class.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
these kids, sorry to say, got what they had coming to them. If large mobs of people want to go around like a pack of wild dogs terrorizing everything in their path, "shoot em" I say. If it were me, I would keep shooting at the crowd until I either ran out of bullets, or they got the picture clear in their head from seeing all their dead homies lying around in their own blood, and run away. How are we ever going to put a civilized society back together after our governments fail us, and implode. With people running around like this, it's no wonder the government wants martial law. Not that I want it, or agree with it, and I know that the government has a lot to do with provoking action like this, but really. If we cannot get our $#!+ together we're gonna be livin "Book of Eli" style, and I don't want a world like that for my children to grow up in. So I say, off to the slaughter farm with the riff raff!

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by gunshooter
these kids, sorry to say, got what they had coming to them. If large mobs of people want to go around like a pack of wild dogs terrorizing everything in their path, "shoot em" I say. If it were me, I would keep shooting at the crowd until I either ran out of bullets, or they got the picture clear in their head from seeing all their dead homies lying around in their own blood, and run away. How are we ever going to put a civilized society back together after our governments fail us, and implode. With people running around like this, it's no wonder the government wants martial law. Not that I want it, or agree with it, and I know that the government has a lot to do with provoking action like this, but really. If we cannot get our $#!+ together we're gonna be livin "Book of Eli" style, and I don't want a world like that for my children to grow up in. So I say, off to the slaughter farm with the riff raff!

I don't have children and I don't want to live in a f**ked up world like that.
This is insane, what is wrong with these black children ?
They can just adjust to being normal like everyone else, stop being "Ghetto", understand the fact that other people do not have to listen to them and learn proper English.

It hurts for me to lift my head out of bed every morning and for them they have it so damn easy to run and pillage like some damned vikings!
They need a curfew, leave the animals up in the zoo. That is all.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters

"Welfare queens" have a long history of not disciplining their children. Since they are not aware of what their children are doing, it is reasonable to assume that many of these kids come from parents who start welfare farms where their only concern is collecting a check. Whats sad is the children dont know right from wrong...

You dont know many people on welfare who use cell phones? Have you ever heard of Safelink Wireless, the government subsity that provides free cell phones and air time to those who qualify? Flash mobs are notorious for planning their activites through text messaging and Facebook.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   

I know, it is unreal. What is wrong with these children ? Where are they coming from ? They're like roaches, if you kill one they keep on coming! What is wrong with this damn world !?

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by joyride0187
Cut their parents welfare checks as punishment and ban them from owning a cellphone and computer for life. Animals that belong in a zoo.

I have no sympathy.

www.reuters.com
edit on 19-8-2011 by joyride0187 because: (no reason given)

What do welfare checks, owning a computer, or cell phone have to do with the issue?

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Next they need vigilantes out
with shotguns taking justice in their
own hands take care of the little
rodents.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   

I think the "flash mob" was actually a group of young blacks conducting one of their "Beat Whitey Nights" ummmm yum... wouldn't MLK be proud????

See, these young inner city cretins do NOT realize how many non-racist but fed-up (with affirmative action black 'empowerment' racist members of the black society) rednecks own guns, have been preparing for this type of thing (black invoked race attacks--what the racist blacks view as "payback") to start, and are ,more than able to defend their property and families..

I think 'flash mob' has become the politically correct term for racist mobs...

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Unreal, where these kids coming from ?
Either this wasn't happening two years ago or I missed something

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Sorry, but I think Marshal Law is just around the corner.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   

I am waiting for the day these "kids" (15 - 30) that have no jobs, no home life and nothing better to do get some organization together. When they do, watch out because they will rule. I thought for sure the Rodney King incident would be the flashpoint that started it, but it didn't take hold. The youth of today feel disenfranchised and feel they really don't have any future to look forward to. They don't think they'll make it to 40 so why not? They feel they have nothing to live for so they do what they want. Until the parents are forced to accept that they are responsible for their children it will only get worse. All I can say is if this keeps up there are going to be a lot of dead youths around the country. There are too many CC people out there that will use deadly force to defend.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by rebeldog

I think the "flash mob" was actually a group of young blacks conducting one of their "Beat Whitey Nights" ummmm yum... wouldn't MLK be proud????

See, these young inner city cretins do NOT realize how many non-racist but fed-up (with affirmative action black 'empowerment' racist members of the black society) rednecks own guns, have been preparing for this type of thing (black invoked race attacks--what the racist blacks view as "payback") to start, and are ,more than able to defend their property and families..

I think 'flash mob' has become the politically correct term for racist mobs...

You summed it up. I'm black and I'm peaceful, what is wrong with these children ?
These attacks are unprovoked, what have these white people done to these black people ?

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Im assuming that the shots fired where form people NOT partaking in the flash mob...

Why would your own mob fire upon mobbers mobbing....?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join