It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kansas City sets youth curfew after flash mob shooting

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by mileysubet

What do welfare checks, owning a computer, or cell phone have to do with the issue?

A) I think the OP is inclined to say the majority of unsupervised youth's parents are on welfare...
B) Computers & networking sites are used to organize the flash mobs...
C) Cell phones are used to execute the flash mob...

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Heartisblack

They existed, and that's all that is needed anymore. I just moved my family from NC and I gotta tell ya, there are some real issues out there. Pretty soon you are going to see retaliation, and it won't be pretty. Sooner or later some kid dressed like a gangsta with his pants halfway down his a$$ is going to get shot just because he looks like one of them. Whatever happened to dressing appropriately? I hear these kids demanding respect...well how about dressing like you deserve some respect? Took my family to an amusement park yesterday (free tickets
). We had been in line for over 1/2 hour when a couple black women started pushing their way through the line to the front. My wife asked them why they were so special. Their answer was "we have family up there". So now they think it is ok to just go to the front of the line because they know someone in it? This happened twice while the rest of us waited for over an hour. This is the kinda crap we are sick of.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Heartisblack

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
reply to post by joyride0187

Cut their parents welfare checks as punishment and ban them from owning a cellphone and computer for life.

Ha, i like how you slipped that in there. I don't know many people on welfare using cell phones and facebook to flashmob places. I do know plenty of "afluent" kids who run rioting into the night.

Those london riots are mostly poor kids. What we're seeing back here are anything but poor. I'm not falling for it, and I'm not going to blame it on the "welfare queens".

I do agree the problem lies at home, just probably not in the homes you'd expect.

You are correct. Over here, these kids ain't poor, they're living better then me. These kids aren't poor think of them as upper-lower-middle class.
I don't know if they are poor or not but they have unlimited access to computers and phones,not just phones they have these $500 and $600 dollar phones that I can't even afford.When mine were young and stupid(ha ha)they had limits on their computers and phones.(and sure as h#!! didn't have i-phones)
The parents need to be held responsible for what their kids are doing on their tech.Now that school has resumed,at least in the southern states,they should be doing nothing but school,after school sports,or whatever,homework,small window of free-time dinner and bed.Why are they out during the week?where are the parents?Why don't they know were their children are and what they are doing?I wasn't a prison guard by any means but we had priorities,it's just they way it was.If you don't keep kids busy with constructive programs they will get into trouble...peroid...parents need to be held accountable

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Nothing will deter this savages except lethal force.How are the police supposed to make arrests in such numbers.Loot and die I say.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Easy all you do is let people protect there stuff. After 10 or 20 of these rodents dead would send a message to the other flash mobs to chill out.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

i think the msm doing that would require them having a shooter or shooters in custody "No arrests have been made in Saturday's incident and the shooting victims are recovering." from op source

but a curfew of 9......thats a tad bit extreme i grew up with a crewfew of 12 that was only inforced in town not in the mountians where i lived so i never ran afoul of it because i was either in a car or walking around the woods hiking but i for sure would have protested a curfew of 9....i mean what if some kids are under 18 and taking summer classes at a college or have late night hobbys or hell going to a movie or two that starts after 9,i think im just curious as to why it was such an arbitrary time

ah they have it staged for diffrent ages that makes abit more sense
also from op source "A curfew of 9 p.m. will apply from late May through September in five Kansas City entertainment areas. Elsewhere in the city, the curfew will be 10 p.m. for children 15 and under and 11 p.m. for those 16 and 17.

At other times of the year, the curfew will be 11 p.m. on weeknights and midnight on weekends for everyone under age 18"
edit on 19-8-2011 by KilrathiLG because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by joyride0187
Cut their parents welfare checks as punishment and ban them from owning a cellphone and computer for life. Animals that belong in a zoo.

I have no sympathy.

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 19-8-2011 by joyride0187 because: (no reason given)

What do welfare checks, owning a computer, or cell phone have to do with the issue?
I'm sorry to say but it has every thing to do with it.Most kids these days are handed these things because they see it as a right.If my kids want an i-phone or their own computer,they worked for it,then in turn they learn the lesson of responsibility,and respect,above all respect for themselves.Parents are failing in teaching kids life lessons,it takes a lot of hard work,arguments,the I hate you's,the you never "buy"me anything I want,but they all have one,and I could go on and on,and the answer to all of that?If you "want it"bad enough work for it.It reinforces boundaries and limits and kids will in the end respect their parents because of it,it's like a stack of dominoes one reinforces the other....
My point is the lessons you teach them from birth is what forms a responsible,respective successful adult.This is a constant no matter what year it is or were you come from,it's the basic lessons of life.
I apologize for the rant,but it really ticks me off when these kind of things happen and the parents are left scratching their heads wondering why.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Krystian

A) I think the OP is inclined to say the majority of unsupervised youth's parents are on welfare...
B) Computers & networking sites are used to organize the flash mobs...
C) Cell phones are used to execute the flash mob...

Thanks, you took the words right out of my mouth.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

my friend for legal reasons who will remain nameless(white and from an affluent family originaly) is having another baby so she can move into a bigger apartment,how does she plan to pay for this? with welfare because she has a child and no job she has not had a job since sophomore year in high school nor looked for one she recently married her husband in a 8 grand wedding that her family payed for but still gets one check for the kid every week,her husband works as a security gaurd(but spends most of the time at work selling e he buys with his welfare money) when i asked her why she was having another kid she said i want more money and she plans on having 5 kids

she is 20,has had 3 miscarriages and one abortion since 16 1 child that came out healthy and plans on going for a grand total of 5 when she has no highschool education no work expirence no plans to go to college or even learn a job she wants to be barefoot and pregnant as her job and have the government pick up the tab she does not even have a license to drive .this is the mind set we need to combat and stop the parents who keep just poping them out for a check and the parents who dont care where there kids are

edit on 19-8-2011 by KilrathiLG because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by joyride0187
I was wondering how long it would take for someone to get shot. If some gang of youths tried to spontaneously attack me or my family, they'd get a nasty surprise.

Where are the parents of these kids? Why do they allow their kids to run the streets late at night? They should be held responsible for their kids actions, if they taught them right from wrong the this wouldn't be happening. It all starts at home. The parents are to blame for the unrulely kids that run the streets. Cut their parents welfare checks as punishment and ban them from owning a cellphone and computer for life. Animals that belong in a zoo.

I have no sympathy.

www.reuters.com

(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 19-8-2011 by joyride0187 because: (no reason given)

As I've told the wife: the only flash the mob will see is the one that sends them to their doom.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by KilrathiLG

my friend for legal reasons who will remain namless(white and from an affulent family originaly) is having another baby so she can move into a bigger appartment,how does she plan to pay for this? with wellfare because she has a child and no job she has not had a job since sophmore year in highschool nor looked for one she recently married her husband in a 8 grand wedding that her family payed for but still gets one check for the kid every week,her husband works as a security gaurd(but spends most of the time at work selling e he buys with his welfare money) when i asked her why she was having another kid she said i want more money and she plans on having 5 kids

cant continue typing as im gettign kinda angry ill come back to this and finish it later

It's all about choices. Make the wrong ones, and well, there's no one to blame except the person making the wrong choices.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Heartisblack

I like Philadelphia Mayor Michael A. Nutter response. But even he is having issues trying to come up with a common sense approach to this.

I believe that kids of all races are taking part in these things, though it does seem to be predominately black kids caught on tape.

I also believe that it is older teens/young adults urging this on to the younger ones.

They are only going to eventually make their own lives worse.

Quite sad in my opinion. Lives wasted.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
The problem, as I see it, is there is no, and I suspect there never will be, any effort to control the quality of the citizenry. Too many babies are being born, and too many by unqualified mothers, that could not pass an IQ test, are poor, and unable to raise themselves, and of course no active father, and while the abscence of a father is a big negative impact, what's worse is these trash mothers popping out baby after baby, which they have done for many years now, and now we see crime, anti-white racism, and just a no class level of valueless trash become the norm of our youth, and their actions and mentality clearly shows a love of crime, violence, and uncivilized barbarism. Whites need to form a La Raza type group, and our government needs to enforce birthings of a level of quality to be allowed only, but then, we see every day, our government(USA) has an anti-white agenda, along with their propaganda tool the MSM, as well as designs to turn the US into a 3rd world totalitarian welfare nation, so then, it seems they are achiveing their goals. Too bad the people won't wake up.
edit on 19-8-2011 by tom502 because: misspell

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by tom502
The problem, as I see it, is there is no, and I suspect there never will be, any effort to control the quality of the citizenry. Too many babies are being born, and too many by unqualified mothers, that could not pass an IQ test, are poor, and unable to raise themselves, and of course no active father, and while the abscence of a father is a big negative impact, what's worse is these trash mothers popping out baby after baby, which they have done for many years now, and now we see crime, anti-white racism, and just a no class level of valueless trash become the norm of our youth, and their actions and mentality clearly shows a love of crime, violence, and uncivilized barbarism. Whites need to form a La Raza type group, and our government needs to enforce birthings of a level of quality to be allowed only, but then, we see every day, our government(USA) has an anti-white agenda, along with their propaganda tool the MSM, as well as designs to turn the US into a 3rd world totalitarian welfare nation, so then, it seems they are achiveing their goals. Too bad the people won't wake up.
edit on 19-8-2011 by tom502 because: misspell

You raise about 20 different issues.

Let's start with the NEA. Our schools are terrible. I know I'm going to take heat for saying this, but unionized teachers is just full silliness. Tenure after 6 months? When you hand your kid off to the govt every day, and some union employee is charged with teaching them? Think about it.

No wonder drop out rates are skyrocketing.

Want a recipe for fail? add the government.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
i seriously cannot stand that this is becoming a trend. i know kids and teens steal, and i remember when if you were going to do it, you had to be sneaky or think around the cameras, alarms or employees. That was expected by the few who have an apetite for disobeying the rules or conning a system. But this isnt that. These flash mobs are making a blatent disregaurd of the law and not feeling much responsibility because of the hive-mind everyones doing it mentality.

"hey were gonna go do a flash mob at this new store, we allready got like 12 bodies, you down?" Well its not like all 12 are gonna get caught, what's 13, 14 a few more have to lose by joining?

Minimize the risks to justify the incentive. Real problem is as always the upbringing.

Edit: also a problem from the lack of positive leadership amongst the youth.
edit on 19-8-2011 by juveous because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   

on the up side, it wasn't a school night.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
It's always interesting to read the comments in the threads about flash mobs. First response is always "kill 'em!"

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heartisblack

Originally posted by TDawgRex

I'm still waiting for the MSM to paint the shooters as the real victims.

"Oh, they did what they did because there are no jobs." Or whatever flavor the excuse of the day is.

"They're to young to go to jail!"

They didn't know anyone would get hurt!" Yea...riiiiight.

They should be punished, and hard. Life in prison is not supposed to be a vacation. Make it so no one ever wants to go back.

They probably will, it's gotten to be I can just close my eyes and say "So they are black this time too ?" I'm black and I'm sick of them. What is so cool about being in a flash mob can somebody answer that question for me ? Is it drugs ? What do these f**kers want ? They are not doing a damn thing with their lives so why make everybody else's life miserable ?

I've just been recently diagnosed with Melancholic depression for me it's either, put up or shut the f**k up! Get these kids some jobs, hobbies, video games. Something! Get off the internet scheming and get your sorry arses/asses/whatever outside! That is what I want to tell them. This is ridiculous.
edit on 19-8-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)

Nope. Couldnt be black, mexican, middle eastern, pacific Islander, asian, or "other".

Gotta be "Whitey" out doing all this. Sister Janet said so.

I was so damn scared this morning. I looked into the mirror and do you know what I saw?

A middle aged blonde, blue eyed white guy looking at me!!!! Can you imagine the horror?

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by felonius

You are probably very, very handsome. But imagine the horror!
Black people doing crime!
I am so terrified!

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Where in the article did it mention blacks

I read "youths"

can some of u racists sorry I mean posters please post where it said blacks in the article?

thxs

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join