It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life IS Perfect.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackSatinDancer

The suffering happens within you when you look and believe in suffering. There are no other people in your experience, there is only your experience.
It is not a choice or a decision it is a realization of oneness.
You may be aware of duality but there is no duality in non duality.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   
I totally disagree for obvious reasons. There is much going on outside of one's own reality. They are merely a fraction of it. To understand this is how you understand you are part of a whole. To assume that you are already the whole is simply self awareness and you have chosen to not respond to external suffering. That is a choice that happened due to a division in your mind. It has no other connection to the whole other than the fact that you created it in your mind.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Black Satin Dancer

When you say you are a part of the whole, what you are implying is that you are a part 'from' the whole.
You are the whole.
Do not assume that you are not.
Nothing can appear outside of your awareness.
If suffering appears then it is yours.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   

How can you be sure that there is anything going on outside your reality? How could you ever know this? This is an assumption, a false belief. Check it out for yourself.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

How can you be sure that there is anything going on outside your reality? How could you ever know this? This is an assumption, a false belief. Check it out for yourself.

As soon as you look for it, it will then be within your awareness. That doesn't mean it wasn't happening prior to you even considering it and that is just common sense. To think that you are the whole is to deprive yourself of knowledge of the reality surrounding you.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   

As soon as you look for it, it will then be within your awareness. Exactly, stay with that, that is the truth. The rest is conceptual. Until it is seen it is not known. Everything appears within consciousness, your awareness.
It is not your awareness though, it is just awareness of this present moment. Presence. You are the presence of this present moment. If suffering arises, appears, manifests, is felt, it can only appear to you in this moment.
There is nothing happening in the past or the future.
Only now is.
edit on 20-8-2011 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Plenty of things have happened in the past and future and to consider that is how you learn. To think that there is nothing outside of one's own moment in time is pointless. You don't even believe that. If you did, you would not even bother hoping for an outcome, which is exactly what you do in everything you do such as posting on this forum.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   

What is common sense?
Something we all have in common, something to do with sense. Sense is sensing, with the senses like sight, hearing, sense can only happen in the moment. We can not use our senses in the past or future, sense organs are only present now, where i am, where the body is.
The mind has no sense, it is a machine that works out probabilities, possibilities but it does not know of this moment, it works is opposites. The mind can not work with zero, neutral, here or now. The mind can only work in duality and duality is a split, divided and therefore constantly in conflict.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   

No outcome required.
It just enjoys this subject.
It is seeing and knowing itself and that is love.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   

I don't believe that? No i don't believe. It is known completely.
It is all there is. This 'Knowing'
You are the knower of this moment..

I is the ultimate knower of all 'things'.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   

What is common sense?
Something we all have in common, something to do with sense. Sense is sensing, with the senses like sight, hearing, sense can only happen in the moment. We can not use our senses in the past or future, sense organs are only present now, where i am, where the body is.
The mind has no sense, it is a machine that works out probabilities, possibilities but it does not know of this moment, it works is opposites. The mind can not work with zero, neutral, here or now. The mind can only work in duality and duality is a split, divided and therefore constantly in conflict.

The mind is meant to perceive the duality of everything, so why try to coach it away from the importance of duality and division? It's a critical tool. Tools work best appropriately operated.
Within memory of the past and precognition of the future there is memory and anticipation of sensory. These recollections and foresights prove to be important time and time again. One may say that the only importance that they have is relative within perceived changes of the whole, but the perception of the entire whole is also changeable, especially if the most critical moment of operation is "now" because you want that concept of "now" to also line up with your chosen perceptions. This is why you engage in 'action" to make changes to the perception of the whole. If you choose not to, you have simply made a choice of rather than acting to simply change your definition of the word "perfect"

The only reason you would truly perceive life is perfect is if your personal perception of perfect is inferior to it's true meaning.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Let me ask this question. Are any of these beliefs taken from the beliefs of others and can anyone identify a source?

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   

What the mind does can be known, seen, watched. It divides the whole into parts, bits, things, that is its job. It says past and future or good and bad, this is not a problem as long as it is not believed. Assumptions are believed in stuff that aren't true. Past and future are abstractions, make believe, we only ever imagine past and future in the truth of now. Everyone must realize there is only now for us to be at peace with all.
It is the belief in future that makes you believe that you might suffer, if you look for the sufferer you will not find it.
All there is is this moment.
What is wrong with right now, unless you think about it?

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   

When you ask can anybody identify the source, do you mean can i show you this message from other sources?
Or do you mean what is the source of you and this moment?

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

That's why everyting appears perfect to you, you are intoxicated!
Hopefully your drinking something yummy? A sherry oak MaCallan? 101 proof Wild Turkey? I am jealous! Back to the topic at hand, yes everything is perfect, when one's perspective is large enough to see the whole picture, take in the whole game as it were. From that vantage point there is no difference between light and dark, good and evil. All are just choices. Light to you all.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   

What the mind does can be known, seen, watched. It divides the whole into parts, bits, things, that is its job. It says past and future or good and bad, this is not a problem as long as it is not believed. Assumptions are believed in stuff that aren't true. Past and future are abstractions, make believe, we only ever imagine past and future in the truth of now. Everyone must realize there is only now for us to be at peace with all.
It is the belief in future that makes you believe that you might suffer, if you look for the sufferer you will not find it.
All there is is this moment.
What is wrong with right now, unless you think about it?

By enforcing a generic "now" upon everyone under the name of peace, it would deprive some people of perceptions of justice and anticipation of perceived future goals because of how many are not happy with "now" which would leave you with a malcontentment within the whole to go along with that chunk of relief or satisfaction that you and maybe some others would obtain from freezeframing the "now" Of course you'd want to do that if you think "now' is perfection. Many others will not agree and their perception will be included within the whole.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   

When you ask can anybody identify the source, do you mean can i show you this message from other sources?
Or do you mean what is the source of you and this moment?

I mean "where are you getting this from?' Where do you find these types of teachings? I realize everyone adds their own opinion but often people read things that influence them. I'm wondering about the source of these beliefs.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   
I would certainly like to be able to identify the teacher who instructs his students "Do not look beyond your own perception" I think that is a very important thing to identify.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   

This is the mass delusion, this is the cosmic joke, so funny. How can we escape now? No one can enforce now upon anyone.
It is the goal of being happy in the future that is preventing happiness. I will be happy when....... i get my new car, my soul mate, sometime soon in the future. The belief in future prevents happiness now. Future is not true only now is true.
It is a protection racket. Mind (which is just one thought happening at a time, presently), says i might be in danger later so i must protect myself. Always securing a future never living in peace in this moment.

This is fear based living which is why the world appears the way it does. So busy protecting in the now.
No one wants now, it is just a stepping stone to something better. Lol.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   

I can see that you enjoy the suffering. If you want peace you have to want peace.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join