It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teacher suspended from the job for expressing dislike to gays on facebook

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
I wonder what would happen if a teacher went to a church that was against things like gays, abortion. . . .

This would be in the public also, wouldn't it? I mean, a gay student or a student that might want an abortion someday might see that teacher go into the church.

Hmmmm.

Yeah, and god forbid if the teacher wants to paint their livingroom green and one of the students is offended by green paint!!

Great Sig by the way, made me laugh!

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
he should have known better, if his students were friends, totally out of line.

why does someone in Florida care about what New Yorkers are doing?

the attorneys must be working overtime to make sure he doesn't get to sue the district.

with almost 30 years in a professional field, he lacks wisdom.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Mister_Bit

Exactly.
This is political correctness run amok. If the teacher liked blue ties and a student is offended, if a teacher wore a wristwatch and a student is offended, if a teacher parted his/her hair on the left and a student is offended. . .

You can pick anything that "might" offend someone and make an issue of it.

This is scarier than planet Nirubu or naked pictures of Kim Kardashian.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Sometimes you have to suffer for what is right.

No matter what.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I'm offended by your reference to naked pictures of Kim Kardashian and demand that you take your post down immediately!

jk

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nogard2012
Yet they can waste money for an investigation on a nonthreatening comment on social media

What did it cost them to read facebook?
Seriously. People get fired all the time for stupid things they put on facebook. It is kinda jobs 101 these days. If a teacher cannot be smart enough to get that then perhaps she was more harm than good to the minds of young people.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by GLaDOS
where is the right to free speech?

With the government.
She was not arrested, was she?
There is no freedom from the consequences of what you say and there is no freedom to say whatever you want with regard to your job.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohhnyBGood

Originally posted by Stovokor
reply to post by Nogard2012

Yep, it's the future..electronics and no tolerance towards bigotry..I like it!

And yet all you liberals are falling over yourselves to be 'tolerant' to muslims, who execute gays.

Really? Which Muslims are those? None of the Muslims I know do that. I think you are talking about Christians. Specifically perhaps ones working for Michelle Bachman.

1) ATTENDED SERVICES OF OF KILL-GAYS BILL ADVOCATE: A deeply religious born-again Christian, Waldron traveled to Uganda in 2004 to sell HIV-monitoring computer software to the government and preach on the weekends. There, he attended and was featured in the Church services of Ugandan pastor Martin Ssempa, “the prominent supporter of Uganda’s draconian Anti-Homosexuality Bill, which calls for the death penalty for LGBT people under certain circumstances.”

link
Hmm but that aint here either. Different culture, different place. So tell me about here in America and these anti-gay Muslims again.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/96408e09bfb8.jpg[/atsimg]
So what about it?
Specifically in regard to this thread? What about those liberals and those Muslims and this teacher and her dumbass comment on facebook?

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Nogard2012

I thought that is going to be some time of law that that will ban comments certain comments on the social media to be used in the basis of firing people from jobs it will fall under some discrimination law.

I believe is something like that going on.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Glass
This makes me angrier than what she said.

So she has a weak stomach, big deal. Expressing a distaste towards gay marriage does not automatically make someone a "danger to gay students". That is ridiculous. She is entitled to her opinion, and facebook is a perfectly suitable medium for expressing opinions, as long as you're comfortable with sharing that opinion with every bloody person you know.

If she begins verbally abusing gay students in the classroom, by all means fire her. This zero tolerance for intolerance bull# makes me want to throw up.

Why would gay marriage possible be a problem for this teacher? Is there something different about gay marriage that makes it bad compared to straight marriage? That is the only conclusion I can come to. Now were I to be the parent of a gay child with that teacher I would now be fully aware that this teacher views gays as not only different, but less than. I am not sure I would want my child in that class anymore.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I don't know how it can be stated more plainly: Facebook is for sharing pictures of your dog, for listing TV shows you like to watch and books you like to read, and for posting animated Gif's of cats licking their own paws, while playing browser based time wasters like Mafia Wars.

If you use it for anything else, you are a moron.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
People should really be careful especially NOWADAYS,cause companies have greater upper hand to F*** with you even over fribilous shhhhhht .

I'd watch my back ,front and both sides.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kitilani

Originally posted by Glass
This makes me angrier than what she said.

Why would gay marriage possible be a problem for this teacher? Is there something different about gay marriage that makes it bad compared to straight marriage?

It is none of your business why she has a problem with it..

Keep your nose out of other peoples business..
IF SHE DON'T LIKE GAYS THATS HER RIGHT!

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by drsin
It is none of your business why she has a problem with it..

Keep your nose out of other peoples business..
IF SHE DON'T LIKE GAYS THATS HER RIGHT!

For whatever reason you ignored the part where I said that IF I WERE A PARENT OF A GAY STUDENT WITH THAT TEACHER....

See, because that would sure as f*** make it my business. Who is teaching my kids is my business. If they think my kid is less than other kids then it is going to be more than business.
edit on 19-8-2011 by Kitilani because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by drsin

Correct.

The wool has been pulled over our eyes for too long!

We now find ourselves criminalized for what we choose to like or dislike, nothing more than that. It... I was going to say it is our right but it seems no more, so it SHOULD be our right to like or dislike who we choose. Some people are dicks, some people will always be dicks, that's their choice.

To choose who is to be a part our society or not by FORCING your own moral standards is wrong, can't you guys advocating that see it??

This teacher has lost their place in society and is demonized because they choose to like or dislike someone or something?? Seriously??

Pathetic.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   

What about the schools right to staff their institution how they see fit? Aren't you guys all about personal accountability and keeping out of the way of business?

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kitilani

What about the schools right to staff their institution how they see fit? Aren't you guys all about personal accountability and keeping out of the way of business?

No, I'm all about the right of the individual to have the right afforded to an individual. What that individual does outside of work hours in their own private time is their own business, they are NOT walking adverts or accountable and answerable to their workplace.

They are paid to do a job, which they do that is all, it's not a life sentence that they are accountable for.

What they express on their own personal page to friends and family is their own business... understand?

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Ha! That teacher worked at the high school I attened in the next town over while attened said high school. I know him....sorta. Never had him personally as a teacher though. He also use to work at the middle school I went to as well.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Ha! That teacher worked at the high school I attened in the next town over while I attened said high school. I know him....sorta. Never had him personally as a teacher though. He also use to work at the middle school I went to as well.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Sorry for the double post! I'd delete one of em, but on my phone I don't have that option.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join