It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Human Nature

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Hi everyone,

This is my first post, so I just wanted to keep it simple.

I was pondering apon the notion of where the lines between things that are natural become unnatural. Or is the term unnatural just a man made fallacy?

The definition of natural - of, existing in, or formed by nature.

It might seem strange, but we are natural. We are as natural as the planets and stars. Earth made each and every one of us. Our thoughts are part of us, so they must be natural, so our creations must be natural too.

We see technology as unnatural but it's made of the Earth, and by us. To me this fits the definition of natural.

The question I'm trying to ask is,
Are any of our creations and our technological advances really that unnatural? After all, why would nature give us the gift of thought and consciousness, if it wasn't natural for us to use it?

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by DAZ21

Are any of our creations and our technological advances really that unnatural? After all, why would nature give us the gift of thought and consciousness, if it wasn't natural for us to use it?

Would those creations and technological advances take place without our intervention?

That's your answer

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by DAZ21

Everything comes from nature.. but how much of it do we really NEED?

If nature didn't ASSEMBLE it, then we don't need it.
This goes for ALL power plants, automobiles and all modern weaponry and conveniences.

Largely through the "marvels" of modern technology the human race has expanded exponentially.

Well here we are... all 7 billion of us... slaves to money, slaves to electricity, slaves to class warfare - and slaves to the idea that we need any of it.... killing ourselves to live, every step of the way.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by DAZ21

I think you may have answered your own question.

But according to definition:

1. contrary to nature; abnormal 2. not in accordance with accepted standards of behaviour or right and wrong unnatural love 3. uncanny; supernatural unnatural phenomena 4. affected or forced an unnatural manner 5. inhuman or monstrous; wicked an unnatural crime 6. Obsolete illegitimate

Unnatural

I suppose everything man made is contrary to nature i.e. it wouldn't exist if we hadn't created it..

I'm also not so sure the Earth created us either, it's an interesting question but revolves around semantics too much for my liking.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by DAZ21
Hi everyone,

This is my first post, so I just wanted to keep it simple.

I was pondering apon the notion of where the lines between things that are natural become unnatural. Or is the term unnatural just a man made fallacy?

The definition of natural - of, existing in, or formed by nature.

It might seem strange, but we are natural. We are as natural as the planets and stars. Earth made each and every one of us. Our thoughts are part of us, so they must be natural, so our creations must be natural too.

We see technology as unnatural but it's made of the Earth, and by us. To me this fits the definition of natural.

For the fact that we are natural I think it is still questionable. The real answer in my opinion is hidden inside the missing link between us and the monkey, which I am a firm believer is not true at all. Anyway, without this answer we can not say that we are natural. The very fact of the M-theory in physic states in short explanation that the universe is holographic, an illusion interpreted by our brain with the nerves through our 5 senses. So here again the fact of naturalism, to be answered, will need further theoretical physic investigation.

Concerning technology, my take would be that it is unnaturally natural. The thing is it has been made of natural elements but the way we assembled the patterns and the elements (nothing is created, nothing is lost, everything is transformed) are not natural because nature by herself cannot create without ideas and manipulations technology. Nature can act and do things we can do with technology, but we can not do it without this technology.

This is my personal view of course.

Thruthseek3r

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
We are only subject to the limitations imposed by the fixed laws of physics, not biological or ecological limitations or other seeming barriers to improvement. If our ability to explain things with ever-increasing accuracy is true, then our ability to use that knowledge to make things better is limitless as well.

edit on 18-8-2011 by METACOMET because: wrongvid

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by DAZ21

Good question.

The truth is that the human being is not "natural" to the corporeal realm in the same sense that other brain-equipped creatures (a dog, for instance) are. It's kinda complicated, but the human being is the only creature that we know of that is actually created as a result of a corporeal brain (as opposed to a creature that survives as a result of its corporeal brain). Due to this very important distinction, what is "natural" for the human being is undefined - relative to the corporeal realm, that is.

Whatever it is that the human mind conceives is natural within the eternal (informational) realm, where the human mind exists, but while the corporeal Homo Sapien brain is creating the human mind, there is an interesting cross-over that can exist between the two realms. Especially when the Homo Sapien brain instructs the body to manufacture a replication of that which the human mind conceives as a corporeal representation - as so often occurs.

It's natural for the human mind, and anything but natural to the corporeal realm. Not a very common way of understanding this issue, but extremely accurate in its depiction of the primary challenge of being human while temporarily stranded within the corporeal realm.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by DAZ21

What is natural is perfect. It is made by God following a blueprint of sacred geometry and is designed to work in harmony and in service to other things as part of an ecosystem.

What is made by man is usually only designed to serve man and does not intentionally follow any form of sacred geometry.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by DAZ21

In my opinion humans haven't created much of anything.I believe god done the creating and what we call creating is not on the level of his actions. I think a better way to look at what we do is manipulation of something already created.

top topics

join