It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exploring the possibility that Christianity was "started" by the Elite (not intended to offend Chr

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome
reply to post by Heartisblack

can you expand on this part,,,""Idiot sheep"
forget the rest..just that part,,""Idiot sheep"
no this part as well ,,"us elites"
not trying too stir up ,,,,the sheep are you?
cause sheep,, there ,,ok,,maybe a little protective,,
BUT a good RAM now,,

not stupid at all,,

it knows its job,,
soo?

who just about believe anything us elites tell him."

"just about",,boy are you missing
the picture,,??
id say none at all.
edit on 18-8-2011 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

The "Sheep." a good half or more of the sheep are christians. That's why they are sheep. If you believe a magic man sits in the sky, you will believe the cow jumped over the damned moon too. If it mentions god, Christians don't question it. I manipulated my friend for a year using the word of god, he still thinks it was real. As for you, at least you have some common sense.

They can't understand why the Government wants to kill them. But they believe in god, actually it's funny as s**t if you look at it.
edit on 18-8-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by finalword

Yup. Satan adds up to "wisdom" and liberation, yet we're taught Satan is the last figure we should be idolizing... why is that?

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by BirdOfillOmen
reply to post by finalword

Yup. Satan adds up to "wisdom" and liberation, yet we're taught Satan is the last figure we should be idolizing... why is that?

Because Satan is freedom and God is control. The big man in the sky doesn't want you doing this or that. Satan is so much easier to worship, a religion that encourages you to get hammered, run naked through the woods, have sex with whoever, whatever, and it's all part of getting closer to God.-Sophie-Anne Leclerq- true blood.

No wonder Satanism sounds so good. The elites don't want competition that is why there are jails, it's alright for the Government to rob us blind but when we try to pull that off. We're getting our bums hauled off to federal prison.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
none taken, but there was absolutely a man whose name was Jesus who obviously was raised from the dead just as the scriptures say
edit on 18-8-2011 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Exactly what I'm saying. All of the mind#ing that's going on is all to shape our desires and keep us believing that we have to work ourselves to death for the people who are above us. All it takes is the lack of faith in that corrupt system for us to break free...

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   

actually ive read some satanic stuff. there's so many branches to it, it's basically as dogmatic as christianity. theres right hand path and left hand and then like 50 branches of each. but the main idea is to follow you calling or true will with discipline and self control at the heart of satanism. not so much do whatever you want, although i dont doubt some satanists do whatever they want.
edit on 18-8-2011 by vjr1113 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by vjr1113

actually ive read some satanic stuff. there's so many branches to it, it's basically as dogmatic as christianity. theres right hand path and left hand and then like 50 branches of each. but the main idea is to follow you calling or true will with discipline and self control at the heart of satanism. not so much do whatever you want, although i dont doubt some satanists do whatever they want.
edit on 18-8-2011 by vjr1113 because: (no reason given)

I know this, some Satanists don't do what they want. Then there are the unrestrained. They are awesome to be around, I was around some Satanists last week. My aunts entire side of the family are Satanists. They are 100% unrestrained.

The ritualistic animal sacrifice can be fun.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Heartisblack

Ugh. Where do people get the whole animal sacrifice thing? I've never met any Satanists that are involved in that #. And believe me- I've looked. That crap only seems to exist in propaganda articles and Hollywood.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Give them a good read or two if you haven't already. A brief scan cannot do it justice.
2nd.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by BirdOfillOmen

Originally posted by Heartisblack

Ugh. Where do people get the whole animal sacrifice thing? I've never met any Satanists that are involved in that #. And believe me- I've looked. That crap only seems to exist in propaganda articles and Hollywood.

Not in Satanism, there are other underground Religions that do that one. It's only used for certain kinds of black magic, if you study certain kinds of witchcraft and things relating to satanism. You can find out a lot. A library does do it's justice

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by BirdOfillOmen

Dude, I'll say it again, Robert Morning Sky's Terra Papers.

Satan made out to be the bad guy when really he is G_d, a Genesis Scientist. He taught us how to have sex freely, unrestrained, and to enjoy it. Ea-Enki.

Our punishment for that was Women have to bear children instead of being able to use the Birthing chambers.

Truly, have a read, at the very least it will be an interesting, 'fictitious', perspective.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

Thanks for the recommendation. I'll check it out within the next couple days.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   

There is an inherent problem with your idea that the elite created Christianity, and that is simply that it does not match up with known history. The elitists of the Roman Catholic Church did use the Bible for their own purposes through much of history, but that was done by making it illegal for people to own a bible and read it for themselves, not by altering what was contained in the Bible as popular myth would have it. Once Martin Luther made the Bible a public book, the RCC lost much of its power and influence.

The New Testament itself was well known and written down within several generations of Christ, and at least two of the early Church fathers, who quoted from the accepted books of the Bible in their writings, were trained by the disciples themselves.

If you believe that the Bible was written by the Catholic Church, then you fell for a very common fictional belief among many non-believers. That fictional account of the Catholic Church assembling the Bible at the Counsel of Nicaea originally stems from the fictional story “The Divinci Code”.

BTW…If anything the Bible frees folks from the yoke of oppression of the Elites, not vice versa, which is why the RCC had to ban it from public reading to abuse their authority.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

Isn't it possible that some people have caught on by now and are resorting to oppressive measures to steer people away from the original plan? It kinda goes back to the scenario of whether you would potentially harm people in the short-term to free them in the long-term or just sit back and let them delude themselves into thinking they're on the right track.

Perhaps you would agree that preaching Christianity should be a crime if you knew what was really behind it. I'm not saying I support censorship of any kind. But that just doesn't disprove my theory. I guess its possible that a new secret organization is controlling the world to push a more benevolent agenda.
edit on 8/18/2011 by BirdOfillOmen because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/18/2011 by BirdOfillOmen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   

True Christianity's main teaching is that no matter what I do here, as long as I believe, repent my sins, and ask forgiveness, I am saved through the “grace of God”.
How can that teaching be used by the elite to oppress anyone?

The only teaching that can be used to oppress men is “salvation through works”, which is what the Catholic Church teaches.

edit on 8/18/2011 by defcon5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
One of the first steps towards civilisation is agriculture and the one thing needed to get agriculture working is a calendar (knowing where you are in the year), its my understanding that about 8000-6000 years ago stone solar observatories such as Stonehenge where built – it would be necessary for many generations to make the first observations about the sky and sun to begin to know what was needed to make such observatories and the ones that made the first observations would already have a huge advantage over those that didn’t.

Because undertakings such as building Stonehenge would be a multi-generational task and very costly in man hours I would think there must have been some kind of leadership group to control the work and motivate the population

probably story's would be told about the heavens and the sun to explain to the workers why the task had to be done – the story tellers would become a priesthood, the priesthood would probably be based around a family group or blood line to keep the valuable information in the family

soon it would be realised that they could control the population with superstition based on the sky story's and the fact that they could predict when it was best to plant crops and there would be holy-days (usually around the solstices such as mid-winter/Christmas or on the equinoxes such as Easter)
the population would also have to pay the priesthood for the calender information and for the upkeep of the solar observatory (a tithe?)

I wonder if this isn’t the start of tptb?

edit on 18-8-2011 by racasan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

That's the selling point that sugar coats the religion. Its a feel-good attention-getter to lure people in. If that was all that there is to Christianity, people wouldn't go to churches. Its just that secularism in America revoked some power from the churches and so now they have to find more subtle ways of sucking people into it.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   

People go to Church for Christian instruction, fellowship, and to partake in the sacraments. As any Christian should understand, none of that is mandatory for salvation.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   
I really like your interpretations of the symbolism found throughout "Christian" doctrines, which from what I am gathering you are mostly looking at old testament symbolism while considering the Bible to be what "started" Christianity (or at least what the elite used the Bible to start). It may be presumptuous of me to assume that this is what you believe, if it is untrue, could you elaborate on what you believe to be the start?

If I am right, if you are considering the Bible to be the tool which the elite used to "start" Christianity and you are exploring the symbolism they out there, then hopefully I can help develop your "possibility". As for your interpretations of the symbolism, they are unique, I have read and heard many people's interpretations but none have been this speculative. Not that I think anything is wrong with that, I actually love that you gave me new perspective, and although I won't say I agree with all of them, I definitely don't disagree.

On to furthering your exploration, now if I was wrong to assume the before mentioned then this may not be pertinent, if that is the case hopefully you find it at least interesting. Over the years my interests have been in interpreting the social mechanics of religion, rather than the symbolism. I believe that most of mankind's "great religions" are all rooted in natural law, because natural law is one of the most difficult concepts to define these religious ideals have been explained through symbolism. Some would even say it is an impossible concept to define, not as in a definition of what "natural law" means, but define as in indoctrinate or to establish as a system of beliefs, practices, or rituals. Throughout the ages there have lived men and women who, through their life experiences, are naturally gifted with a deep understanding of this extremely difficult to explain concept. These individuals each played a very important role in the progress of humanity. Depending on the time and place in which they lived, they would do their best to explain this concept through imagery, symbolism, and other methods. As the people and the problems of those societies varied, each individual's message was designed to incite progress, and just as the people and problems varied depending on the time and place so would the message designed during that time/place. These messages inevitably become powerful, in the sense that they have the potential to unite massive groups of people, which can be very dangerous.

Before I explain why any of that applies to the possibility you are exploring, let us go back to the assumption I made in the beginning. We know, or if you don't research will reveal, that the Bible is composed of two main parts. We have the Old Testament, which is believed to be the message of Moses. **The historical facts can debate whether what is believed is true or not, but for the sake of making a point, I'm going to write as if this common belief and others are true. ** Two thousand years before Christ, Moses authored the first books of the Old Testament and his experience with God on Mt.Sinai was the "start" of the Jewish faith. Eventually others would add to the Old Testament teaching, the Torah would be introduced, and the Jewish faith would develop into a religion. The important thing to note is that it began as a simple message, to God's "chosen people", which contained practical methods of progress through unity. Two thousand years later a man, to some a god-man, rumored to have been named Jesus delivered a new message. Unlike the message delivered by Moses, this message was designed to appeal to all people. Still like the message of Moses, Jesus delivered a message that contained practical methods of progress through unity, of course it was never put that simply, but that is because the concepts were difficult to explain in a way that the people of his time could comprehend. During his life he spread his message by word of mouth, when he died a martyr to his cause, his movement exploded. From his death until 350 AD Christianity spread by its own will and the will of its devotees. By 350 AD the influence Christianity had attained began to draw concern from the Roman Empire. It was in 350 AD that the Roman emperor Constantine became the first to embrace the teachings of Christ. Not long after this he called upon the "religious leaders" of the near-by regions, instructing them to gather all of the documents they could find concerning the life and teachings of Christ. These so called religious leaders were the founders of the Catholic Church, they were chosen by Constantine over other potential leaders because they were willing to make sacrifice in order to appeal to Roman politics. After gathering an unknown, massive amount of writings, these chosen "religious leaders" sifted through the material deciding what was right and what was heretical (the Catholic Church has the worlds largest secret library, access is limited to the clergy, and it contains the oldest most authentic documentations on the life and message of Jesus). Eventually they would produce the "Holy Bible", the same Holy Bible we read today, the same Holy Bible you seem to consider the "start" of Christianity.

Christianity began with Jesus Christ, a man with a message, and I imagine he would find what the Catholic Church has done in cahoots with the sleaze ball Roman empire to be despicable. You are right to believe that the Bible is a tool used by the Elite, technically they did not create the Bible, they took words out of context and wrote their own story with them. However, there is no way that the Elite would ever be capable of such a true understanding of the nature of man and our ability to overcome all things through compassion, humility, respect, and love.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by inspiringyouth

Or

The Roman Empire facing social collapse through a lot of religious internal strife decided to make a catholic or all encompassing religion drawing in the threads of most of the religions that made up the empire at that time.

Its possible that one goal was to divert the Jewish belief system into one less tribal and difficult to control, but more specifically in the first century there seems to have had an outbreak cults expecting a messianic type figure* and one Jewish based cult seems to have been causing some problems in Rome at that time with many Roman citizens converting to it.

An agent was probably found who understood these cults and he created a belief system around this messianic figure making it into a Romanised dying/reborn sun god type deity that the Roman Empire could control and ultimately claim to represent on earth

* 2000 years ago the sun started to rise in the constellation of Pisces and I think an avatar of the new age was expected

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join