It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exploring the possibility that Christianity was "started" by the Elite (not intended to offend Chr

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
I'm just completely bemused by how well this generation has bought into TPTB lies that "enlightenment" comes from the belief that man is a god, or from worshiping Satan. It's all about the self. One absolute proof of this is -take a look around you. See the murders, crime, wars, destruction? The fact that supposed "enlightened" people can't see that the TPTB promotion of "self" has only led to a society near breaking point. Chaos anyone? So, therefore your Satan is not of Light. The exact opposite.

There is only Light or dark. Jesus Christ came to show us the path - peace, love and the Light.

Therefore OP, none of your conclusions are justified. All of us are sheep - unfortunately you've been picked off by the wolves in sheep clothing. Unfortunately, your so called "enlightenment" is still so dim that you can't see the zippered seams....

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Christianity was created by Kings to control their people.

This is the 401st Anniversary of King James pulling the new English word "G-O-D" out of his rear. 1610.

The same year he did a speech to Parliament also stating under his new religion, HE was a GOD and everyone had to bow before him.

In 1609 the English word "G-O-D"...did not exist.

Totally made up by King James. Ancient Hebrew text says the real deity ordered to be called "YHWH".

So Christianity prays to a false idol, created by King James.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhoKnows100
I'm just completely bemused by how well this generation has bought into TPTB lies that "enlightenment" comes from the belief that man is a god, or from worshiping Satan. It's all about the self. One absolute proof of this is -take a look around you. See the murders, crime, wars, destruction? The fact that supposed "enlightened" people can't see that the TPTB promotion of "self" has only led to a society near breaking point. Chaos anyone? So, therefore your Satan is not of Light. The exact opposite.

Tell me how rejecting Christianity is a definite cause of murder, crime, wars, and destruction. "Satan" represents knowledge of how everything is rigged by the elite. Some may choose to continue on with their selfishness after enlightenment. Others may play the game just long enough to be able to liberate others. The quest to "be your own god" can be to overthrow those who are controlling the game- and you can still maintain charitable intentions while doing that.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Interesting post, I've thought of this a lot. But instead of jumping on the bandwagon like so many others have, I think we need to look at the big picture here. If we are going to assume there are "elites" in control of the world. Then you can say they started religion, namely christianity, as a means to control. My question to you is, Why would they stop at religion? Surely they would know some "logical, scientifically minded" people would abstain from believing in a god. These atheists and non-christ followers, in what ways could they be controlled?

Science? Earth worship? Self-worship (everything is one)?

So who is telling the truth?
Ah, the quest continues ATS. Keep searching

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by The Endtime Warrior

Maybe they're planning to make past End Times prophesies come true like a series of hoaxed magic tricks to reestablish peoples' faith in Christianity.

I don't think they rely entirely on religion. Now we have mass media outlets that people blindly trust which are useful for them to steer the population. And the rewriting of history to make the figures who were onto something look foolish.

edit on 8/18/2011 by BirdOfillOmen because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/18/2011 by BirdOfillOmen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by BirdOfillOmen

Yes...I read that already, but I'll let you try again. How else could the "elites" control the other portion of the world who don't believe? Seems to me you are only attacking a single branch, when you should be trying to discover the entire tree.....

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   

I see your edit, thanks for your reply to my question. If you put your faith into anything, a preacher, a scientist, hell, just about anyone in position of authority, you are in for one hell of a ride. It is important to discern these things internally to come to a better answer. Your post is definitely something I considered, but I choose not to only attack religion, I have to be unbiased in order to "win" at this game

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by The Endtime Warrior

Yeah, an unbiased mind is something I'm working for at this point. You really have to dedicate full attention to all points of view if you want to find the truth behind something.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   

after your response I can see you are level-headed person whom is just asking questions, definitely nothing wrong with that. I grew up in a freethinking, liberal household. I had been a "soft-atheist" for a good portion of my life but kind of walked away from that. I really feel for those whom are forced religion down their throats and aren't allowed to come to their own conclusions. God does not want forced worship. So if there ever comes a time where religion becomes law, and you have to follow it, there is your enemy. Remember these words my friend, it may just save you
edit on 8/18/2011 by The Endtime Warrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

No where in the Bible did Jesus claim to be anything grand. When Pontius Pilate asked, "So, you are the Son of God," what was Christ's reply? "Jesus said, "So YOU say I am." In other words, Christ was essentially saying, "You said that, I didn't."

Another thing, Everyone always wants to say, "Well, Christ did say that he and the father were one." Yes, yes he did. He also said, "I am within you as you are within me." What he meant is everything is ONE.......
edit on 18-8-2011 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

yes and also:

Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me."- Matthew 28:18

Does this mean we share in this authority? I have yet to see heaven.....

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rosha

Originally posted by BirdOfillOmen
Just like the title suggests, I'm not trying to upset the Christian users here. This is a serious instigation and I just want to hear all points of view on my current theory.
Discuss.

Ive had cause to think about this issue a great deal in my life..and I can only say that if you are talking about God as relates to a human image of God or an interpretation of God..yes...your spot on. Otherwise, no.
To me, a great deal rests in comprehending ( not just understanding) the difference between God, who created us, vs the God we've created.

ymmv

R

Agreed, The true teachings of the creator and his son got highjacked.
The real truth is there but you have to be willing to search for it.
What is taught now is about a god that the elects created for power.
Throw in a little Hell Fire for fear of questioning and we got a winner lol.

LOTZA LUV

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   

I don't think so. I think the Elite already had quite a good thing going on for themselves and I think we were all slaves, a slave race. We are not those individuals referred to as freemen in early writings. I think they left and abandoned us, the slave workforce here. If you read a little of the Enuma Elish and the Code of Hammurabi (sp?) you will see there was an entire "race" of people here who were not us. Many levels of an intricate society including archons who enforced the laws and again many who were not us nor even apparently born here. They say they were from the Sirus constellation.
Even then our system of laws and everything we know was designed to enforce and maintain the clear and distinct differences between these (at least 2) two different and main classes of life on the planet. It was preposterous to even consider slaves being governed under the same laws as this race of enlightened beings.
Slaves and freemen did not have the same laws.
In some cases these earliest laws were modified to include everyone and appear more even handed and fair but but this was not until much much later and the lines of power had already been darkly drawn, like trenches that would never be diverted so the fresh water would never really flow toward the poor although they might think it does. They will always have a strangle hold on land, food, water and every other resource of value to us.

Everything we have today is a trickle down from those days and it is still skewed to favor a master race on the planet and subjugate the remainder of "ignorant beasts" as slaves, lesser humans and not even entitled to the same symbols of status and priviledge.

My view is that CHRIST CONSCIOUSNESS was the order of the day on their home planet and this planet Earth was a little like the Old West where their people might come to kick back and get away from the restrictions. They came here and did not set up our society as efficiently and well as their own because they were actually "lesser beings" of their own society. Not the brightest bulbs and not even the cream of the crop.
HOWEVER, when the cream of the crop DID come...or the BEST CHRIST CONSCIOUSNESS from their home planet to investigate the goings on here, they did not like what they saw at all.
This slave- master system was phased out and forbidden on their home planet years ago and it appeared some of their own people came here and did it anyway. They were banished and maybe even punished.

Christ was a consciousness, an ideal, a way of life and he was legitimately introduced to release people from bondage, fill them in on the divinity of their heritage and tell them a better way. Christ offered the instruction manual for a people left here without any longer a mission or a purpose since the "gods" were ordered to leave and their work halted. These people did not know what they were supposed to do with themselves now that they were free. Some of them were not even happy they were free and preferred to remain "owned" since they were usually cared for by their masters. Christ tried to calm them and bring these folks into the fold. He tried to introduce them to their own divinity and tell them the way it is "in his fathers home" and that we are really something special because we have bits of Gods in us but we didn't really get the message.

AFTER that people did begin to get the message but by this time there were already other humans who assumed the roles of those Masters who were asked to leave. They had the system of slavery and subjugation down to a science and they were not about to let those people go. Asked themselves...How do we let "our people" (now they are beginning to assume ownership) appear to have freedom to follow this religion they want to cling to and believe they are divine while at the same time KEEPING them subservient and dependent on us for everything? Hmmmm? Let's take what this Christ fellow said and put a little spin on it to make it work better for us. We can still make them come to us for their salvation on a daily basis and make them indebted to us for it. Make them fear for their eternal soul burning in hell fires if they do not buckle under and comply with these teachings. But this was only one way to own the hearts and minds. To control the people you must also OWN everything that is available and is not nailed down so you can sell it back to them. Take for yourself and own all essential commodities the people need and might ever need. Put a lock of control on the flow and availability of it all ....From corn, to oil, from cotton to pork bellies. OWN it all and you will always own the people. They will always have to come to you for everything, food, water, clothes, resources, building material and even their salvation and permission to live must be granted by TPTB. The really old money. The Bilderburgs.

edit on 18-8-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Endtime Warrior
Interesting post, I've thought of this a lot. But instead of jumping on the bandwagon like so many others have, I think we need to look at the big picture here. If we are going to assume there are "elites" in control of the world. Then you can say they started religion, namely christianity, as a means to control. My question to you is, Why would they stop at religion? Surely they would know some "logical, scientifically minded" people would abstain from believing in a god. These atheists and non-christ followers, in what ways could they be controlled?

Science? Earth worship? Self-worship (everything is one)?

So who is telling the truth?
Ah, the quest continues ATS. Keep searching

Yahwe was the chief Archon - an insane demi-urge who percieved itself to be the creator of the physical world. There was a rebellion of a third of the archons led by lucifer (iblis) who were cast down to earth as Djinns.

Christos was the Aeon counterpart of Sophia/Gaia (our real creator) - who effected a rescue/intervention mission.

So - Judaism was Yahwe's effort to meddle with the human race.
The spirit of Christos was hijacked and perverted into Churchianity.
Islam was created by Iblis as part of a war against Judaism/Christianity.

And as the Western world began to throw off the shackles of religianity during the enlightenment, and the Jesuits took over from the Vatican - bingo! - they simply invented a new control mechanism to enslave the human mind - marxism and its derivatives - you probably know it best as Political Correctness.

www.metahistory.org...

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by JohhnyBGood

You quoted me and yet you didn't even respond to the question I put forth. We already have speculated/talked about christianity, now explain to me the part about non-believers. Try again?

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I believe that it was not Christianity that was a creation of the elite...

... the "INSTITUTION" of the church was the creation of the elite.

By "elite," I mean those by whose actions the beneficial status quo for themselves and their associates is perpetuated ad infinitum.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

""So, you are the Son of God," "

so as we are all ONE,

then they already knew the answer too that,,

but butchered him anyway.

why?

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

I'm starting to think that the Elite believed in evolution, if only on a personal scale, long before the rest of population caught on.

Actually I think the elite want the masses to believe in evolution because it implies that there is no God, and that they (the elite) are the highest power.

The Elite have been trying to keep a secret from the masses since they assumed control. The secret is that any individual can accomplish literally anything they want if they have strong enough willpower.

Or they are trying to keep a different secret from the masses, that there is a God, and that through Him we can do anything and thus the elite have no power over us.

The Elite wrote the Bible to practically change the course of human evolution.

There are enough historical documents out there that we can conclude the documents that eventually were combined to create the Bible were definitely not written by an elite few. There was an elite group that decided which documents to include and not include in the Bible and how to format them, whether that's the same elite group that may be today's puppetmasters is hard to say though.

You might wonder why the Book of Revelations was included in the Bible if the Elite wrote it as if they want/expect to maintain global control forever... I think the truth is a morbid one. They ultimately plan to make these End Times prophecies become reality. The critical point is when their elected Antichrist character comes out and the entire world accepts Christianity and this figure to be real.

Except the prophecy says the people won't turn Christian, they will worship the beast! I think you've got this part backwards. Revelation describes that most people left on earth will worship the beast and reject God, and He will punish them through a series of horrific natural disasters at the end of which Christ Himself will return to earth and establish a 1000 year reign of peace. I can pretty much guarantee you this is NOT what the ruling elite want to happen!

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
David Icke anyone?

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

i do not think Christianity was started by the elite. just the opposite. common people who heard the words of Jesus Christ and those who witnessed His actions and miracles told others. and some began to follow JC. that was the beginning of the Christ Movement.

news of the day in those times spread by word. JC and His followers moved about and touched the lives of many, and the following grew. i have read that some of the earliest Christians who bravely faced death at the hands of Romans in public had great affect upon others who witnessed the undying allegiance to Christ. supposedly it was these true believers going to their death that deeply touched upon the hearts and minds of people that witnessed such events, and helped sway them to learn more of Jesus Christ.

of course, i don't know this first-hand as this was well before my time. what i shared here is what i have been told and what i have read.

from what i have read of the past there has been a long history of people who used and manipulated the masses via religion. these had to have been privileged men to have had good educations in a time when most could neither read or write. history tells us of long term concentrated effort by men in the Catholic Church going to great expense and pains to establish a set of beliefs upon commoners.

i have no doubt that the earliest writings of what was said and/or witnessed were either lost to time so long ago, carefully stowed away, or seized and hidden from the eyes of the public - or a combination of all these things.

i also feel that mankinds hands upon what was once truths and purity quickly became distorted and twisted so as to serve other purpose. as it seems to be with positions of power, mans worst attributes all too often shine brightest. those with power lust for more power, money longs for more money, etcetera.

Catholicism did not arrive where it is today by accident. It took the type of long-term commitment and vision that is usually associated with the powerful and wealthy. There is a different mindset for those born into families that lord over the lands and the masses. I think very few arrive at or stay in positions of great power by being all-around nice guys. Just the opposite. The 'large and in charge' seem to be willing and able to do anything at most any cost to maintain and prosper, which often means many people are going to suffer and die before their time.

In conclusion: while i do not feel Christianity was started by the elite, it did not take long before the Christ Movement was seized upon by people that twisted what was good to serve their personal agendas. I feel people have done incredible amounts of things that they will one day have to stand and answer for.

readers please note: my comments are my opinion based upon things i've read or learned here and there. i appreciate you may feel differently or have learned otherwise in school or through your own research. like the OP, i mean no offense by sharing my observations and opinions. i have accepted the gift which cannot be earned but i am not blind to the world and its history.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join