It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexico Is The Most violent Country In The World And Should Be Taken Over By The U.S. military

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Brother,let me offer my point of view.IF the United States of America invades Mexico,it would unleash a chain reaction nightmare,and would be equivalent to slitting our own throats.I don't know where your ancestors are from,but if you are unfamiliar with Latinos in general,and Mexicans in particular,allow me to tell you what I know.
Let me start by saying that I am not Latino,I am a white Texan.When I was in 1st and 2nd grade in Houston,we had to learn Spanish alongside English grammar,and what not.
1)They love their family more than they love themselves.
2)The only other competitors for their love are Jesus,God,and the Virgin Mary.
3)They are far more intelligent and creative than you may give them credit for.
4)With this as a guiding light,dont you think that after not being treated to kindly on a social level the Mexican nationals that live in the USA might naturally believe that their families were in severe danger,and would react accordingly?
5)The badass Mexicans are nastier than their counterparts among Americans of any color.When they decide to be criminal,like a certian percentage of every race do,it is a nightmare.
6)Life in Mexico is hard on a political and economic level,but the ones who have come here really miss home.This leads many of them to depression that could quickly turn to an anger like you have never seen.If he thinks he can never see his wife and kids again,because the USA is bombing them what does he have to lose?
7)They are an extreme people,either the greatest guy you ever had the honor of knowing in your life,or a stone cold killer who will slit your throat for a dollar.Americans are shades of grey,and reserve the right to feign either extreme pole as the wind blows.Thats really just a question of commitment.
8)we be broke
9)The Latinos in general serving in the United States military might not like it.Only they could answer that.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by blocula
www.huffingtonpost.com... this country mexico is more dangerous than any other in the world right now.thousands of men women and children are being massacred every month! by viscious drug gangs and i think that our army needs to teach them a lesson they will never forget,hunt them down and lock them up.we could do it if we really wanted to. and i think we should because mexico borders the usa and we should do something about it before this muderous rampage spreads over into our country...but theres no oil in mexico so we'll probably do nothing...
edit on 17-8-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-8-2011 by dbates because: Slight title edit. (United States milita - now U.S. military)

Stop violence with more violence, genius! How is our military doing with curbing the Taliban and Al Qeda violence after 10 years? The military is good at toppling governments not terrorist organizations and yes the Mexican drug gangs are terrorists.

How about stop buying the drugs whose profits fuel the war, cut off the demand and all the violence goes away. While the idea is just as outlandish as yours it is far less violent.

Or better yet have our government stop shipping guns to them, that might help.
edit on 17-8-2011 by bphi1908 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
arrogance on both sides, I also think the world should invade D.C. and prosecute the warmongers that have been destroying the world for decades in favor of a very exclusive based elite in New York
people from us and mexico both consume drugs that fuel the cartels with money and power, if theres someone to blame is the "poor addicted".

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Great idea but how about letting OAS take the lead instead of USA? I mean, we are paying invasive costs in two countries as it is. And, it isn't just the bullets and helos. Consider the cost of bribes and "side deals". No. I say let Mexico do it's own laundry. Sometime soon the people down there will have had enough. All they need is for a new leader to rise out somewhere who has no corruptive ties. Sort of like Che a while back.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

I think you guys n gals have got enough wars on your plate at the moment, dont give obama anymore excuses to go into any neighbouring countries, he may be able to spin it to hold power for another term ffs lol.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
You really want to add that entire nation to our welfare system?

it's already stretched thin as it is.
no just send the troops in there and get rid of the drug gangs

Good idea. We did such a good job against the Taliban that we ought to take on a tougher opponent...

Better idea: Stop prohibition and watch most of the gangs and violence slowly melt away.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadmessiah
I was talking to my dad about making a trip from California to south Venezuela to visit the people we spent most of our lives with. Hardest perceived part of the trip? Mexico. Not the rough terrain of the jungles and mountains, the washed out dirt roads and not even the F.A.R.C. rebels of Colombia. I've lived in some bad areas of the world before, but even packing assault rifles and shotguns to make the trip, Mexico is a daunting aspect. Mexico is a war zone and I'm sick and tired of the violence spreading to our country.

Jeez, what bad movie did you saw?

By the way, there are this things called airplanes.....
edit on 17-8-2011 by mastercanto because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by pirhanna

Good idea. We did such a good job against the Taliban that we ought to take on a tougher opponent...

Better idea: Stop prohibition and watch most of the gangs and violence slowly melt away.
Great point dude. Sending our troops in there would require us spending billions of taxpayer dollars. The better idea would be to end the drug wars, and the majority of the Cartels profits will disappear. Not only will the violence in Mexico decline, but rather than us spending billions of dollars and having to kill people to end the violence, we would instead make billions from the legalization of drugs, save Americans from victimless criminal charges as well as jailtime, and avoid entering another war.

It's the perfect plan! That would kill two birds with one stone, ending the unwinnable Drug War so we would quit wasting billions of taxpayer dollars on that, and also ending or greatly slowing the Cartel violence in Mexico.

But nah, let's go in there and kill 'em! We got all these guns, we gotta use 'em on someone, right?
edit on 17-8-2011 by TupacShakur because: To edit my post

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I hate to add to the dogpile OP, but I don't think invading Mexico would be a very good idea.

I think what they need is a gool old-fashioned civil war, with the law abiding citizens against the drug gangs/terrorists.

The problem I see, and it's in a lot of countries around the world, is that peaceful, law abiding citizens think they would be reducing themselves to the same animalistic level as the drug gangs if they picked up a gun and shot them.

If they want to keep thinking that way, they'll be doing it while they keep burying their dead.

It's their choice.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
What is happening in Mexico is part of a carefully crafted plan. The powers to be want Mexico unglued. Believe it or not Mexicans are extremely proud of their screwed up country, poor as they are. The powers to be have already in place a NAU agreement. If they create enough civil unrest Mexicans will demand a merger. The US is under economic attack. It will soon collapse. The only remaining country is Canada and it is next on the list for a takedown. The Powers to be have been in the drug business since the Opium wars in China. They use the CIA as their muscle. The CIA needs drug money for black budgets. Much of the drug war activity in Mexico is to eliminate the competition for the bankers who launder the drug money and the cartels who are not on the CIA payroll.
If Obama was serious about ending the drug wars and it's spillover into the US he would seal the border and stop running guns through the ATF.
The Western Globalists would prefer to live in the US and Europe rather than China. They are intentionally de-industrializing the West in preparation for a zero growth neo-feudal society. The process mandates bringing labor rates in North America to the levels in China. After the jobs are gone and people are desperate for work, there might be a re-industrialization in America when wages reach parity with China. The only way to create such radical changes is to turn order into chaos and then re-order a differently structured society.
Most Americans are counting on Rick Perry to stop this by dismantling the Federal Reserve but this is unlikely to occur as he is beholding to those who finance his campaign; the Federal Reserve.
Americans will be duped once again as they elect their last president.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Yikes!! I'll agree entirely with the premise of Mexico being the most violent nation right now. The last numbers I looked up for another thread this weekend had it over 30,000 deaths since '05. At this rate, they will FAR surpass U.S. losses in Vietnam, and we were fighting a full blown military conflict there.

This thread's premise loses me entirely at additional support for Mexico from the United States. Our support is in fact, what I believe has contributed to Mexico's problems. Be that as it may though, the United States has NEVER, in it's history, taken over and successfully rehabilitated or "nation-built" another country that wasn't VERY motivated to do it themselves. (Germany and Japan come to mind for the near unique examples of success).

The Minutemen had it right. Build a REAL physical barrier in a multilayer design from the waters of San Diego to the Gulf Of Mexico with the rugged mountains being the only physical barriers requiring other solutions to close down. People keep saying we can't secure our border. Oh B.S.. We choose not to. Given the right designs, motivation and money (Minutemen offered to pay for it in private funds...) it's doable and it could be complete LONG before Obama leaves office. It might also mean working WITH the border ranchers rather than seeing them as an obstacle to federal policy, if Washington can ever grasp that concept.

Instead, of course, we'll have cartel assassinations in the daylight of Phoenix, Los Angeles and Houston before the Government finally decides to make a committee to study the possibility of a problem and what committee will need to be formed for trying to solve it in the distant future. Washington parties on beluga caviar and imported booze while we munch our crackers over a bowl of soup and HOPE for CHANGE in 2012.
edit on 17-8-2011 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-8-2011 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
1/3rd of Mexico's workforce is in the United States.

Mexican Drug Lords have liberated military machines guns and weapons from the Mexican Military and now has them cached in US cities.

It seems Mexico has taken over America.

By 2020 Spanish will be the majority in America, after the Baby Boomers kick the bucket. Do you think the Spanish majority won't vote Spanish as the Official Language of the United States?

Mexico took over the US.

There will be no US military take over of Mexico.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
my brother and his friend were in cancun in 2002 and they were walking on the beach in broad daylight in sight of a club and bar and suddenly they were surrounded by about 10 mexican teenage boys who all pulled knives and pistols on them and demanded all their jewelry and cash or they would be fed to the sharks!!! my brother said that he would fight them all one at a time and he was pistol whipped by 3 of them while the others kicked and beat his friend!!! they were robbed of watches,necklaces,rings and $500 each and then they were "allowed" to leave.as they were limping away they saw THE TEENAGE PUNKS SPLITTING THE STOLEN JEWELRY AND CASH WITH MEXICAN POLICE MEN WHO HAD BEEN OVERSEEING THE WHOLE DAMN THING FROM A NEARBY HILL !!!

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by daskakik

Originally posted by daskakik
There are over 40 countries with higher per capita murder rates around the world.

List of countries by intentional homicide rate

While Mexico has about three times the murder rate per capita compared to the US, the US has around three times the murder rate of Canada so by your logic Canada should invade the US and teach the US a lesson?

Also Mexico is the second largest supplier of oil to the US after Canada. Maybe that is why they don't go around invading each other. Their actually a pretty tight bunch.
edit on 17-8-2011 by daskakik because: (no reason given)
i saw this as well but keep in mind that this data only goes up to 2004,thats 7 years ago and since then the murder rate in mexico has gone up and up "a lot" higher

Actually if you look at the third table on that page it goes up to 2009, the last column says Most recent which I would imagine is whatever has been tallied since then.

Just so you understand no one wants soldiers policing. That is called martial law. The US doesn't want the US military policing on US soil so why would any other country.

Also what you fail to understand about legalization is that if something is illegal then it is more expensive and that means higher profits. Also if you are dealing something illegal then you won't think twice in commiting other crimes like kidnapping and murder to control the market. When was the last time you saw the makers of Jack Daniels put a hit out on the Jim Beam crew? Doesn't happen because they are not thugs living the gangsta life, they are businesses that don't need to take those risks because what they do is legit.
business men are thugs that hide inside fancy suits and "appear" all clean cut and shaven so they wont fit into the publics stereotypical thug image and they buy their way out of jail

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by aufosg

why is this foolish... but its okay for the usa to invade germany,japan,korea,vietnam,iraq,afghanistan? sorry if i'm not afraid to go against the mainstream,if someone that was close to you was ripped to shreds by these demented drug addicted gangs you'd most likely be looking for vengeance

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

What's your point? They still don't go around chopping people up because they don't need to. They are engaged in a legal business.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by AzazeI
I totally agree with the O P, mexico's people are in dire need of help, innocent people are being murdered on a daily bases its total chaos in that country, the U S military should step in and take the drug cartels out.

Anyone who disagrees is simply racist
you should hear all the horror stories

quit sending troops to middle eastern countries and do something about your neighbors that are in serious need.
edit on 17-8-2011 by AzazeI because: (no reason given)
thanx for your comments...if this was the 1940s and roosevelt and eisenhower and patton found out about innocent us citizens being slaughtered at the border they would send troops tanks and planes down there and crush these gangs into submission without any hesitation...we use to fight with brass knuckles on...now its with kid gloves

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by TupacShakur
reply to post by pirhanna

Great point dude. Sending our troops in there would require us spending billions of taxpayer dollars. The better idea would be to end the drug wars, and the majority of the Cartels profits will disappear. Not only will the violence in Mexico decline, but rather than us spending billions of dollars and having to kill people to end the violence, we would instead make billions from the legalization of drugs, save Americans from victimless criminal charges as well as jailtime, and avoid entering another war.

It's the perfect plan! That would kill two birds with one stone, ending the unwinnable Drug War so we would quit wasting billions of taxpayer dollars on that, and also ending or greatly slowing the Cartel violence in Mexico.

But nah, let's go in there and kill 'em! We got all these guns, we gotta use 'em on someone, right?
edit on 17-8-2011 by TupacShakur because: To edit my post
these demented drug addicted punk gang members deserve to die and they should be killed as a statement for standing up for all of those innocent people that cant and dont have a voice anymore because they have been slaughtered

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Ok here's the deal. There is one thing we (and other armies) have a problem with. That's telling the bad guys, from the good guys when they don't wear uniforms and use guerrilla tactics.

Think of Afghanistan and Iraq. One of the biggest problem has been just telling the bad guys from the innocents. It wouldn't be any easier in Mexico. It would probably be exactly the same.

We created the market that allowed them the money to grow and prosper. Take away the market and they go away. There are several ways to do that.. we already know a few that don't work..

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
put a solid military wall all along the border, stop all illegal entry of anyone and anything.

we could ask the israelis to help or north and south korea.

piece of cake for them to be on american soil for this.

give the mexican gov a chance for the ol squeeze play.

if they can't get in that will surely force them to do something out of their comfort zone.

i spent 15mins in mexico once, not my cup of tea, da nang was more pleasant. love the food and the people, tho.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join