It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexico Is The Most violent Country In The World And Should Be Taken Over By The U.S. military

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal
Some of you do realize that this country shares responsibility with arming these "crazed drug cartels" right? Do some of you realize a lot of this violence can end tomorrow if we ended this huge failure that we call the "War on Drugs"?
www.gwu.edu...

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   

and stop thousands of men,women and "CHILDREN" from being slaughtered!

It's happening in Africa every day. So let's send our troops there also! We're only in Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, and countless other countries. So why not send some troops to Mexico and Africa? I hope you realize the absurdity of your argument. And the US is NOT the world police, get that out of your head. Our economy is tanking and you want to spend MORE money on war...? There are injustices everywhere in the world, does that give the US the right to interfere? Uh.. NO.
edit on 18-8-2011 by CoSMiC_ChAoS because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Speak3asy
Like its been doing since 18th century? Romans.... i might be a real noob on this website but judging by some of the comments I have read, I've come to the conclusion that a good deal of "Americans" tend to forget how this country was forged...angry Englishmen tired of their countries economical corruptness, which lead to an invasion of foreign land(immigrants,settlers..etc..), which then concluded with the killings of MANY native Americans(estimated number of native Americans as a direct result of US actions

Read more: wiki.answers.com...
) not only that but without those peace treaties, that this country has attained through means of violent conflict, U.S.A wouldnt be so great...at least not in the southwest.. this country is the 21st century Rome...where if you have the money you can own it all!...

edit on 18-8-2011 by Speak3asy because: didnt make my full statement

edit on 18-8-2011 by Speak3asy because: needed a better inro lol sorry
i mentioned the romans as a throw their weight around world power that came before the spanish, i wasnt trying to list every world power that has ever existed and as this link shows america has been policing the world for over 200 years>>> en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 18-8-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I feel that once we gte out of this crisis ( if we do)... Mexico would make a great 51st state...

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by zayas
I have been on this site many times, I really enjoy it.I have never wanted to reply to any topic/ comments.But this time the words have hit my home.I am a Mexican. I have lived in my great country all of my life, I have visited the US i like it too. I think the US does covert operations in my country a lot. Search for operation fast and furious in google. The US let more guns into Mexico on purpose. We do not want your foreign country destabilizaton troops here, you guys are really good at that! You have too many wars on your hands, and well I think its kinda hard for you guys to win a war on terror...... might as well fight the boogie man! You can't defeat something you define as an emotion. Does the war on terror include, terror of heights? terror of being in the dark? terror of being alone? But you have my best wishes with that. You think you are fixing the world, but you just create a bigger mess. If you really want to help, keep your gun stores, gun manufacturers controlled, make your borders safe and do not let guns into my country, the US makes a lot of money selling weapons to criminals and to my government. Keep the guns out of the criminals hands.
By the way, someone said my country has no oil. We have a lot of it.
I know we have a lot of problems as country, I do not agree with the massive war against all criminals in my country, I do not like what the goverment is doing, better said, I do not agree with the way they do things. But let us be, one way or another we will solve our problems.
And the job stealing thing, WOW you truly are blind, in not just Mexicans. Have a laugh Colbert explains this so much better than me.
www.colbertnation.com...
I apologize if my writing has mistakes, English is not my first language.
Have a great day, thanks for reading.

Forgot to mention the US stole half of Mexico, and yet there are still complaints?!?, California, Arizona, Nuevo México, Nevada, Utah and part of Colorado around the year 1840 so take care of my country men for free. You had a great payment upfront. UNBELIEVABLE.

edit on 18-8-2011 by zayas because: (no reason given)

if your country was not able to buy weapons from the usa,"if thats really true", you would just by them elsewhere and just keep on killing little kids every damn day of the week

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Um.. the drug dealers are not in Vegas style shops with neon signs, with arrows flashing to the entrance.. "Drug Cartel!" You can't just "take them out." Aside from the ridiculous notion that we even SHOULD get involved in yet ANOTHER countries issues, or the foolish idea that we should invade a country to "help them," you can't just remove the drug cartels with a surgical strike. Think guerrilla warfare. Think Vietnam. Think.. impossible to do.

Mexico is hardly the worst off.. there are countries under much greater stress, duress and danger. And we can't stick our nose in every other countries problems. I don't think anyone realizes how much we could accomplish if we pulled out of the other countries in the world. If we focused our money on our own countries problems.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by tajodanny
reply to post by jam321

here are a couple of articles that will fill in a lot of the factual gaps I have been reading in these posts. I have found in 9 years of residence in Mexico that other than the border and Mexico City it is safer than anywhere I've lived in the US. The border violence would end overnight if the US would curb it's insatiable consumption of drugs.

2012indyinfo.wordpress.com...

www.mexicoonline.com...
mexicans dont do drugs?!?!?! these sicko maniacs that are hacking kids to death must be high on life then...

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Or, you know, end the "war on drugs" make them regulated but legal and dry up the drug lord's funding.

It would get bad before it got better, but once their money dries up, they'll blow away...

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ironclad
reply to post by blocula

Typical US Attitude...

"I don't like what that country dose behind its own boarders, so lets stick our noses where they don't belong and invade them"...lol
what did your country do to the aborigines ! ? every country has the blood of innocent victims on its collective hands

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by PapaEmeritus
reply to post by Heartisblack

Actually I think it's the other way around. The rest of the world is the crying newborn...When do we ask for help? Who gives u foriegn aid? Who feeds us? Who gives us medicine? We produce enough for our giant country and have to still have enough surplus to "do our part" in supporting a literal 150 countries. We hand over 100 billion every year for military and economic aid, that's not counting food, medicine, disastor clean up, doctors etc. Just for example Russia receives approx 480 MILLION a year in aid. Another thing we don't rely on anyone else for our protection. We are in no great shape ourselves, but how wonderful was your country 300 years into its formation? I wish we never got involved with other people's affairs.Down with foreign aid let em all die off.

ya, it's like having the rich inlaw,

gimmie, gimmie we family!

i can't do it for myself! i had to spend it on bs!!!

what would don corleone say?

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by comawhite12
I live on the southern Texas boarder and let me say this, I watch the local evening news with the World news right after it. If it were not for the names of the countries being stated in the report, you would not be able to discern if this was Middle Eastern terrorism or local violence.
The Mexican drug cartel is just as bad if not worse than Al Quaida. The only difference is that the cartels pray to a different god, $$$$$$$$.
IMHOP we should adopt a zero tolerance attitude with boarder crossing just as the schools have with chicken finger pistols. Stop playing games and lock down the boarder period by force. A dog with no teeth is not to be feared. Time to show our teeth and use them if necessary on our neighbor to the south.
machine gun nests,mine fields and watchtowers

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by wurzalgnu
reply to post by Dr Expired

I wasn't aware that there are any non-Christian countries in the Americas. Legalise the drugs then the market can capitalise on it and take the money and power away from the drug gangs. People are going to do drugs regardless of it legal status so the "war on drugs" is an entirely pointless endeavour. If there's a demand, which there always will be, there will be a supply.
even if drugs are legalized,they still wont be free...milk for example,is legal,but theres still people getting $$$$ from it...

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by blocula

Originally posted by Ironclad
reply to post by blocula

Typical US Attitude...

"I don't like what that country dose behind its own boarders, so lets stick our noses where they don't belong and invade them"...lol
what did your country do to the aborigines ! ? every country has the blood of innocent victims on its collective hands

especially sweden.

all them vikings running around all beserk and shti.

burning and pillaging, raping eskamo's.

melting their houses.

probably killing all the doggies too!

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

It has already been explained to you. Legalizing would bring the price down and it would stop the violence. Just like it happened when prohibition was repealed.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Because... you know... the US military isn't violent at all either, right? The USA is oh so righteous that they get to, pardon the way too over-used expression, police the world, right?

It's attitudes like that that tarnish the rest of the worlds image of the States.

Seriously dude... get off your high horse. Do you not realize that whether the USA takes over Mexico or not, the violent ones will still be there, along with the violent ones in your own country... and every other country? News flash. Mexico is not the only country dealing with gang wars. Look in the mirror.

Oh, and yeah, taking over a country will start also this thing called... what is it again... oh yeah! War! Or is that not considered "violence" to you?

I'm not condoning what's being done in Mexico in any way shape or form. But what you propose is basically like trying to put out a fire with a bucket of gasoline.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by CoSMiC_ChAoS

Originally posted by Heartisblack

Shouldn't we be covering our own ass then covering everybody's else's ? America is like a newborn baby, naked and suffering if you don't tend to it. All it's gonna do is cry, cry and cry until you get up and change it.
I'm shaking my head at America's stupidity, we barely have enough money to feed our own people. Let alone do anything else.
invading mexico is protecting our borders and our citizens from these muderous psychotic drug gangs...why are we sending our troops 10,000 miles away instead? ... oil

How is the government protecting our citizens from drug gangs, when the same government our US government is providing them with the weapons and drugs. If you can rationalise that you will be a genius. I'm waiting for your miraculous revelation.
edit on 16-8-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)

I like how he never answered this. Take a look into Operation Gunrunner. That right there should explain enough. The American Government Never has (or had) our best interests at heart. I can't believe people still don't realize this...

And OP...

Just... NO...
I ANSWERED IT OVER AND OVER IN THIS THREAD DOESNT ANYONE TAKE THE TIME TO READ THE LINKS ??? THIS LINK HERE SHOWS HOW THE USA OPERATES AND THIS ONE PICTURE AND ARTICLE SAYS IT ALL...IF YOU KNOW HISTORY >>> www.gwu.edu...

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   

and stop thousands of men,women and "CHILDREN" from being slaughtered!

It's happening in Africa every day. So let's send our troops there also! We're only in Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, and countless other countries. So why not send some troops to Mexico and Africa? I hope you realize the absurdity of your argument. And the US is NOT the world police, get that out of your head. Our economy is tanking and you want to spend MORE money on war...? There are injustices everywhere in the world, does that give the US the right to interfere? Uh.. NO.

FOR OVER 200YEARS THE USA HAS BEEN THE WORLDS POLICE IF YOU READ THIS LINK en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Actually, there IS oil in mexico and it sounds like a lovely idea!

-rrr

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Shouldn't we be covering our own ass then covering everybody's else's ? America is like a newborn baby, naked and suffering if you don't tend to it. All it's gonna do is cry, cry and cry until you get up and change it.
I'm shaking my head at America's stupidity, we barely have enough money to feed our own people. Let alone do anything else.
invading mexico is protecting our borders and our citizens from these muderous psychotic drug gangs...why are we sending our troops 10,000 miles away instead? ... oil

How is the government protecting our citizens from drug gangs, when the same government our US government is providing them with the weapons and drugs. If you can rationalise that you will be a genius. I'm waiting for your miraculous revelation.
edit on 16-8-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)

I like how he never answered this. Take a look into Operation Gunrunner. That right there should explain enough. The American Government Never has (or had) our best interests at heart. I can't believe people still don't realize this...

And OP...

Just... NO...
I ANSWERED IT OVER AND OVER IN THIS THREAD DOESNT ANYONE TAKE THE TIME TO READ THE LINKS ??? THIS LINK HERE SHOWS HOW THE USA OPERATES AND THIS ONE PICTURE AND ARTICLE SAYS IT ALL...IF YOU KNOW HISTORY >>> www.gwu.edu...

I'm not asking for a link... I'm asking for you to answer the question in your own words... There's a difference. Anyone can link to an article and call it their opinion...

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
America has proven itself to be the most violent country in the world

Who has been at war for the past century? America

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join