It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Okay so I have been thinking of trying the E Cigarette

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

I just wanted to say thank you for starting this thread. I too have been wanting to quit smoking and after reading this thread and doing alittle reaearch, I am doing a little more research. I think I'm on my way to becoming cigarette free.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   

They already banned them here in Norway.

You can even risk a fine if you try to import it.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
If I wasn't a minor back then(really hard to get them), I would've used E-cigs instead of ever using real cigarettes, and I'd be much better off. Heh, I actually almost got my mother, who was super against me smoking, to buy me one, just because she knew I wouldn't be ever smoking the harmful real ones if I did.

If I ever start again, it'll be with them.

And, If my girlfriend who's been "Trying to quit" for a long time doesn't actually get around to it soon, I'll end up forcing her to switch over.

~
It is indeed ridiculous that E Cigs are fought against. Calling them a health hazard, when the people would otherwise be smoking cancer sticks, is a joke. An exterior motive(conspiracy), such as tobacco companies not wanting their product to go obsolete, is a completely rational conclusion.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I don't mean to be smug but I've been smoke free for 16 days now, after 24 years of smoking.
Here's what helped me a lot.
www.hollandandbarrett.com...

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
w/ side effects come more drugs u have to take ur still addicted to the nicotene tho

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

1) buy the book below

Amazon

2) learn to tap. EFT

here

Ive been smoke free for 6 months using the above.
only had to tap for a week and bingo.

i had smoked for almost 20 years , tried ecigs , patches etc etc

nothing worked for me but the above.

hope this helps in some way , and good luck.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
my e-cig has been a miracle for me. i smoked for more than 20 years and honestly could not even conceive of not smoking. cigarettes are so expensive anymore and i know they kill me so i tried an e-cig on the advice of a good friend. that was six months ago and i don't miss analog cigs one bit (although i really crave the nicotine in my e-cig at times).

my breathing is unbelievably better and now i smell like peach or chocolate smoke juice instead of gross smoke and chemicals. the e-cigarette is one of the greatest blessings in my life.

i think that if the fda challenges e-cigs potential for health risks (btw- why are they banned in norway?!?!), vis a vis the horrible effects of real cigarettes then they will continue to lose credibility with the public, which is already souring on the agency partly because of actions similar to those depicted in the film 'the marketing of madness,' which clearly indicate profit is the priority, not our citizens' health.

i just might use my e-cig for the rest of my life, i love it. but with the actions of the fda and our government, i will never ever smoke their goddamned cigs again, that is for sure. and if they ban e-cigs because they cut into cig company and cancer treatment profits, well, then we'll have just one more example of how the fda and the united states government no longer exists for the good of the american people.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I have tried the Ecigs they are more expencive than the Red Bucks I smoke
But I can smoke where I could not before..Running a crane on the Navy Base..you cant smoke in the crane there .

Big tobacco dosent like Ecigs..I go to the Ecig website and my antivirus warns me of planted viruses (three guesses who put them there )

I buy them from the convienence store now

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by granpabobby

That's probably because you are going to a bad website. Just like in all business online, there are scammers out there among the good guys.

And that's also why you think they are more expensive than your cigarettes; because you are buying them at convenience stores.

I bought my current kit in January, two batteries and two atomizers, for 60 bucks. eight months later that adds up to a whole hell of a lot cheaper than cigarettes.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by juleol

They already banned them here in Norway.

You can even risk a fine if you try to import it.

Oh man that just really sucks a fine?
What kind of BS is THIS?

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Thank you guys for responding. I think there are a lot of good ideas whom is behind all this propaganda calling e cigs bad, I still think it's big pharm because they profit most from the selling of their awful alternatives to smoking. But there is no doubt the FDA is in big tobacco's pocket too.
Also this thread isn't about any other alternative ways toquit...and I don't read self help books anyway, that is my policy jusst reading their title makes my eyeballs roll to the back of my head.
This isn't about other methods but about the conspiracy to ban something simply because Pharm co's and big tobacco aint getting their cut and the fed government has no tax on it cept the normal rate each state taxes on sales, so government aint making a dime off these either, so not to be rude, but please stay on topic TYVM.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   

It is a tragedy, I just cut Freemansburg cemetery today. Flag at half mast at the police station. God Bless their family. No one knows what can happen in a domestic dispute. The Local DA,Morganelli is seeking death penalty. I just wish it would be used more for homicides in general.

TAXES!
Do I need a second line for that?

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
E-Cigs are banned in Australia too. It's frustrating because I'd try them if they were available.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I use an e-cig during work. Have been doing this for over a year and a half.

I smoke cigs when off. Unless I run out and can't get to the smoke shop to buy a carton. Single packs are such a rip off.

I haven't come to the point where I will quit smoking.

With all the taxes and settlements that the government gets from the tobacco industry, it doesn't suprise me that they want to ban these (or get some other big business dirty paws in).

p

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I started the Ecig over a year ago and have not had a real cig at all. It works grate but some people have side effects from propylene glycol. But if you do you can use 100% vegetable glycerin,both products are found in many many household products and foods.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by GunzCoty
I started the Ecig over a year ago and have not had a real cig at all. It works grate but some people have side effects from propylene glycol. But if you do you can use 100% vegetable glycerin,both products are found in many many household products and foods.

That's good to know, thank you for the input really helps.

edit on 16-8-2011 by ldyserenity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Just to let those of you know who are considering switching/trying the e-cig...PG or Propylene glycol gives a better "throat hit", and carries the flavor better compared to the VG (Vegetable Glycerine). VG gives much more "vapor", or smoke when exhaling. For me personally, I like the flavor or the PG, but the vapor of the VG. I typically do a mix of VG and PG (either 70/30, or 80/20) when ordering my e-juice. One thing to keep in mind, when using a strait PG, drink lots of water. It can make you "dried" out a bit. Scratchy throat when starting and adjusting to vaping, especially with a strait VG juice.

I have tried every battery, cartomizer, atomizer on the market. I started at the bottom of the e-cig's and worked my way up. I have ordered e-juice from probably 15 different US suppliers across the US. I can tell you, cheaper is not always the better way to go.

For me personally, a menthol smoker, instead of order strait menthol juice, I have found better results with ordering Marlboro flavored juice, along with another bottle of menthol flavored juice. I mix them before putting them into my cartomizer.

There is one particular company that sells the BEST flavored e-juice that is kosher VG, and it has GREAT flavor. But they are a bit pricey - well worth the cost in my opinion.

If any one wants information, where to start, how to start, I would be more than happy to share my experiences with you...price, starter kits, where to start, etc.

And for those of you who aren't sure if you want to actually quit, but only try the e-cig...there are disposable e-cigs to try out. You can get (good ones) that are equal to a pack and half/two packs for about $8-$10.00

For me, once I tried them, I never went back! I no longer cough, stink of cigarettes, my car and house smell good. I can smell, and taste food again. It's been the best thing since sliced bread

Editing to add: One of my friends in Canada, also a vapor, can tell me where to send you as well. She had a hell of a time ordering from the US..she has searched far and wide to find all she can in Canada for suppliers. She, like me, can suggest the best places to start. I know when she first ordered from the US, it was a problem with customs and it took her forever to get her order.
edit on 16-8-2011 by summer5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity
I still think it's big pharm because they profit most from the selling of their awful alternatives to smoking. But there is no doubt the FDA is in big tobacco's pocket too.

Yes, it came from the tabacco industry, you know they dont make a cent from ecigs, not one cent, cant have that! Not to mention government cant slap tabacco tax on this product

This isn't about other methods but about the conspiracy to ban something simply because Pharm co's and big tobacco aint getting their cut and the fed government has no tax on it cept the normal rate each state taxes on sales, so government aint making a dime off these either

The removal of ecigs started from The Waxman Bill a few years ago, when they removed flavoured cigarettes off the shelf for the sake of the children, the children, tabacco industry was behind the push to remove their major competitor - ecigs

The other problem that also contributed to the removal of ecigs was, so many american mums and dads businesses who sold ecigs sold them (advertised) as QUIT devices, or healthier way to smoke, by doing this ofcourse FDA got on their back

ecigs are not to quit smoking, they're designed as an alternative to smoking cigarettes, yes many have quit smoking cigarettes but they havent stopped inducing tabacco and nictone at all = ecigs

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Ellen15

There is no tobacco at all in e cigs it is water vapor and nicotine, nicotine alone is not all that unhealthy, in fact if you eat tomatoes you are ingesting nicotine.Nicotine

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I am on day 2 of the E cig yesterday I had three cigs after the E Cig arrived today woke at 10 am and still have not had a cig yet although it is only 2 1/2 hrs I been awake.

We will see!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join