It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Okay so I have been thinking of trying the E Cigarette

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Just ran out of fags (cigs) and money but have an e-cig that I bought a few weeks ago.
Just trying it out right now, will see if I'm climbing the walls by tonight, if it doesn't work I will go looting!!

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

I think you need to find a better supplier, I have found some companies whose products behave just as you describe but with the supplier I use now, I haven't had that problem in over a year. The atomizer I am using currently has been running strong for 2 months without a problem or a cleaning and get two of them for around $15. I haven't had a single defective product from them with over a year of use.

My atomizers usually last around 1 1/2 - 2 1/2 months or so and I use two pen size batteries that each last a day worth of vaping.

I think like any other product, there is more crap out there than good stuff, you just have to find the quality and not tolerate the crap.

ETA: Made in the USA costs more but for good reason
if you look, you can find non china made parts.

edit on 16-8-2011 by sageofmonticello because: spelling fun

edit on 16-8-2011 by sageofmonticello because: eta

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by sageofmonticello

I'm just this minute trying out so don't know if it is good or bad yet, have made the hole bigger on the filter end so I could draw easier, it felt like I would suck my teeth and eyes out or their socket before I made the change.
The one im using is by a company called jasper/jasper.
I hope it works cause I HATE smoking but just cant stop.
I even wake up in the middle of the night and run outside for a quick drag, this I hope is a new dawn

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
RebelRich, Yes I am hoping on getting my hands on one today before they completely ban the darn things!!! I don't know about getting refills if this plays out to really being banned in the US. So I think I am going to be stockpiling the cartridges and refills while this fiasco is going on. Just in case stuff happens and they decide to ban it.
edit on 16-8-2011 by ldyserenity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity
RebelRich, Yes I am hoping on getting my hands on one today before they completely ban the darn things!!! I don't know about getting refills if this plays out to really being banned in the US. So I think I am going to be stockpiling the cartridges and refills while this fiasco is going on. Just in case stuff happens and they decide to ban it.
edit on 16-8-2011 by ldyserenity because: (no reason given)

one of the companies I deal with frequently has an outlet in the UK and the US... I guess should push come to shove I am sure they would be supplying their American customers from this side of the pond.

hmmmm did I say that

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by rebelrich

I really hope it works for you

good luck...

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

I never knew there was any talk of banning them, over here they are just taking off, everytime I go through a train station there is always a stall 'pushing' them(lol!)
They have been available for a few years but they were never that well promoted.
I was going to try and sell them when I first heard of them but I had to buy atleast 100 packs and £3-£4 each, but I never thought they would take off....more fool me....I almost bought gold when it was $770 per ounce!!

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

Thx, need all the help I can get!!

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I smoked my last cigarette when I got my first e-cig kit over two and a half years ago. The product has come a long way since then and I highly recommend it to any smoker looking for an alternative. I've converted many of my friends along the way including my mother in law.

The FDA at one point tried to say that they found trace amounts of carcinogens in the liquid of a few carts they tested, but that was back when all you could get were the Chinese made ones. You can get juice made with pharmaceutical grade ingredients now and European and US made parts.

They also aren't as much of a hassle now. The current one I'm using I got back in January. I'm still using the same atomizer and two batteries and I am a very heavy user. That is amazing part life compared to what it used to be and compared to some of the cheaply made units on the market now. One battery lasts over 6 hours for me as well. My husband has the same kind and he is able to make a battery last the entire day.

I don't know if we can give out brand names on here. I don't want to look like I'm trying to sell or endorse a product if it is against the t&c, but if you are interested in the model I'm using, send me a message and I'll send you some links.

I have not had any side effects from it. In fact, the only thing that happened was right after I stopped cigarettes for good, for about two weeks I was coughing worse than I had when I smoked. Apparently this happens when you stop smoking regardless. Also, one day I woke up and realized I could smell the freshly rained upon trees in my yard. Something I had not smelled since I was a kid (because that's when I started smoking). I was able to start running again. All food tasted different too.

Can I say with 100% certainty that E-cigs are safe? No. Of course not. But I can tell you that they are a hell of a lot better for you than cigarettes. Just the physical changes in my own body were evidence enough of that.

Seriously, I've been doing this for a long time (2 years and 8 months). I've tried many different brands and ways of using them. If you need any advice on the topic I would be more than happy to help. If you want me to recommend some starter kits or anything of the sort, send me a message. Like I said, I don't' know if I can post them here or not.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by glitch88

No offence but I wouldn't be quick to believe that US or Euro made ecigs are better safer or healthier because its the Euro and US cigs that have been damaging my health for years!!
Maybe the chinese can test the western ecigs and let them tell us what they found in them!!

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

I can tell you that they are because I've used them. Products containing lead and other chemicals come out China every day because of their lax manufacturing standards. The taste difference between the US/European liquid and the Chinese liquid is huge. The quality is just better.

The E-cig companies I use don't want to make an inferior product. Doing so would just help the case of the lawmakers that want to ban them. They do everything they possibly can to make sure they have the highest quality products on the market. We wouldn't have the improvements in e-cig technology if this weren't the case. When you are a part of the community you can quickly see the difference between the Chinese companies that just want to sell as many inferior products as possible and the European/US companies that are trying to advance the product because they believe in them and on some level want to stick it to the corporations that push the chemical laden tobacco products on the public. Everyone that has gotten into the business started out using the inferior Chinese products. They decided to make them better so they started their own companies. It is a very grassroots type of thing.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   

IDK about that, everything that comes out of china we are told is this is that, but to me its probably just part of the propaganda to make us stop buying chinese goods, the US products may just have an extra chemical just to hide the flavour that the chinese don't try to hide.
Not saying your wrong but I just wouldn't trust what the companies tell me, it's too much in their own interest to tell you so.
They don't mind us using patches and pills when we know they have serious side effects!

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Anyway people been puffing on my e cig and automatically felt it was time for a fag, no fags left so now im eating cherry sponge cake!!

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   

When R.J Reynolds releases their rumored e-cig and line of liquid, then you can start worrying about US corporations getting their dirty hands in the e-cig kitty. Until then you have companies like the ones I'm referring to that started out as smokers looking for an alternative that were unhappy with the quality of products coming from China. They started using pure products for the juice and parts they were making themselves. Some of these companies sprang up out of community created mods.

You will find that the majority of people in the vaping realm have the same misgivings as you do when it comes to the source of the products... They don't trust the corporations and government agencies just like all of us here.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by rebelrich

No offence but I wouldn't be quick to believe that US or Euro made ecigs are better safer or healthier because its the Euro and US cigs that have been damaging my health for years!!
Maybe the chinese can test the western ecigs and let them tell us what they found in them!!

I know what you're saying, but the government has no involvement in these e cigs, which is what we are discussing here. The fact the government has no part in their production, to me, just makes it a plus, I am sure if the FDA gets involved one of two things is going to happen, 1.)they will ban them if companies dont 2.) add all the nasty crap the government makes the tobacco industry add to the cigarettes they sell.
There you have it. That's what I think.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Did you make sure your e cig had nicotine? Because some of the cartridges have zero mg of nicotine so you will still crave you should have at least 12 mg nicotine to start then wean off to 0.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I also want to point out The FDA's main concern with the e cigarette attracting the youth to using. Well since they're probably not nicotine users to begin with, they could just get the 0 mg nicotine level if they did it at all(makes no sense to me why the youth WOULD) but if they did, they don't have to get nicotine at all, just the flavored cartridges, and I never heard of the e cig leading to becoming a smoker, especially here in this thread it led to people QUITTING so if the youth wants to wean off nicotine having already been addicted, then this is a positive thing. The FDA saying it will lead to youths' smoking is like saying marijuana is a gateway drug (It is not) I know plenty of people who never touched anything but marijuana, and never led them to more drugs. The whole concept is completely insane!!!

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   

I am a smoker who would like to quit. So when I saw this thread I read it and decided to look into one of the sites that "Kro" had given a link to. First I called my area Walmart and Walgreens and they do not carry any e-cig products. So I decided to call the VP rep at the link "www.watervaporcigarettes" This is what he told me. "There product is made in China and it is FDA approved" When I questioned him on this remark he stated that, "Just the product is approved by the FDA" and he said" because the world is intermingled the FDA was able to approve things in China" He also stated that they "distribute out of Irvine, Cal, out of a brick building " When I questioned him about that remark he stated. "that means its a legitimate business with a legitmate address" He told me that "We are one of the better products because products made in other countries, well you never really know what your getting. Our product is made to last." Then I asked about price. He asked me what kind of cigs I smoke, then proceded to sell me a Menthol low nigatine, 8 boxes at $29.95 + S&H." I told him I just wanted to try his product and his reply was "Oh then you need a starter kit which contains 6 cartridges along with the battery operated device which will only cost you $79.95.
I had to get off the phone because of course someone came to the door.

This is my first attempt to even get information about the e-cigarette product. I'm not feeling very confident with the answers I got from him. I would have liked to question him more. But I think I got my answers and need to move on. Do you have a reliable source or a source that you trust?

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   

It sounds like you are using a cartridge system. i would look into getting a large 1000 mah, manual battery, a low res atomizer and a drip tip. seriously, for me, that combination gives a better hit than the real thing.

I have experienced the sucking my face off thing. That was my experience with my first product (don't want to name names) but basically, it looked and acted like a real cigarette and had a nice little blue light on the end.

The best ones on the market, don't look like a cigarette, they are much bigger (think expensive metal pen) and I prefer a manual battery, that I push the button to activate rather than inhale to activate.

edit on 16-8-2011 by sageofmonticello because: eta

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by crappiekat

Yeah, that's the kind of crap that gives the vaping community a bad name. I'll send you a message with some better places to go for information and products. That price is a rip off... And the FDA doesn't approve of any of this. In fact they have been trying to stop shipments for years. They just got told off by the courts and made to release all shipments they were holding, so that guy is lying his you-know-what off to you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join