It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN admits to conspiracy to keep Ron Paul out of the MSM

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Gee what a surprise from those scumbags bought and paid for.

Freaking scummy media. Free media my butt. If they were free, they would talk about all candidates equally, especially those leading the race... aka RON PAUL.

And let's be real about ``Bachmann`` votes... they were paid for :
Bachmann rigged Iowa poll by buying at least 4000 votes

The Ames event was considered to be a Republican fundraiser, yet Bachmann's campaign bought and "handed out at least 4,000 free tickets to supporters."

Therefore, Bachmann appears to have rigged the vote at a minimum direct cost of $120,000 to her campaign.

Another anomaly with the vote surfaced this morning when it was discovered that 218 votes went unaccounted for. In other words, these votes were in the overall tally but not registered to any of the candidates.

One would think the media would attempt to uncover the discrepancy given the razor thin 152-vote margin between Bachmann and Paul. However, so far, they've been content to call her the "queen" of the event.

And this isn't some conspiracy BS, it was confirmed by the Bachmann camp itself.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I believe Ron Paul handed out free tickets also if I read the other post on this topic correctly. He just didn't hand out as many as Bachmann did.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
I believe Ron Paul handed out free tickets also if I read the other post on this topic correctly. He just didn't hand out as many as Bachmann did.

Yes he handed out 2000 tickets. And he still almost beat her this shows he has more of following because he didn't have to buy almost all of his votes.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

Originally posted by kro32

Yes he handed out 2000 tickets. And he still almost beat her this shows he has more of following because he didn't have to buy almost all of his votes.

Yep. Ever seen ``Bachmann supporters`` or anyone else but Ron Paul supporters doing rallies around the US? No.

No other candidate has a real following. The only other candidate that had rallies was Obama... and Obamabots have understood that Obama was full of it since day ONE.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

4500 tickets bought by Paul. 6000 by Bachmann. Paul likely paid for all of his attendees' tickets and it wasn't enough - Bachmann bought over a thousand too many.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Note to the Media:

You are not the only ones voting for who becomes President. It is not up to one or two of you to determine for the rest of us who is or is not electable.

I don't understand why anyone pays any attention to you as far as that goes at all. It is so disgusting and transparent to me, I hope the rest of freedom loving Americans can see through it as well. Every day I wake up and think things can't get any more blatantly ridiculous, and every day they do. The number of stories I have read about that poll, very creative in how not to mention Ron Paul in second place by a very narrow margin.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Yes Paul did fine here but also remember that Romney and Perry also didn't campaign like Paul and Bachmann did. I wonder if he still would have placed as well as he did had everyone tried to win it.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Some people would say an event where you bus in participants, pay for them, spread money around, and get the media to help you scam the results isn't truly representative of the democratic electoral process.

I say, nothing could possibly be more accurately representative of the current state of American Democracy.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Ron Paul destroys anyone he faces. They can't let these fools on the same stage with him, he will decimate them.

Anyone who comes near Ron Paul will be made to look like fools, they can't afford it. All three of these people would be like crackers and Ron Paul would be the soup they fall into. I'd love to see Obama debate Ron Paul. It would be laughable, They'll never let this man anywhere near their ropes of power but it's a joy to watch him work.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Its tradition to pay for the tickets at the Ames Iowa straw poll because it is usually 20-30$. This really is not a big deal it takes place every time. Romney paid big into winning it last time and McCain only got like .07 or .7 percent or some bs low number...he ended up getting the nomination.

There is still much work to be done We all know Ron Paul is a viable candidate, its going to be up to the pressure we put on out elected representatives to choose him to be our leader. Power is in our hands not their's.

Campaign hard my friends...Not just on forums..We gonna need to take this to the streets...

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Accepting a free ticket is no guarantee that you will vote for the candidate.

Sort of like exit polls -- useless because so many people lie to the pollsters.

Face it, RP'ers --Michelle Bachmann won, fair and square. So headlines like

Bachmann rigged Iowa poll by buying at least 4000 votes

are worse than ingenuous or sour grapes -- they are outright LIES, and those who spread them should be banned from voting.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Vitchilo, that title is a real stretch, admit it. CNN admitted no such conspiracy. I'm truly surprised with your thread.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas

Vitchilo, that title is a real stretch, admit it. CNN admitted no such conspiracy. I'm truly surprised with your thread.

Well they admitted that :

Ron Paul wasn't in any MSM this morning, even if he basically won the poll with Bachmann... and he wasn't so because the MSM (CNN included) decided that Ron Paul was unelectable... so they admitted that THEY decided that he wasn't electable, so THEY wouldn't talk about him... basically admitting that they are keeping out of the MSM by their own choice and decision.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
The media will continue to ignore Ron Paul to help maintain the status-quo of what our nation is today. His anti-war and End the Fed policies don't sit well with those that control the media, so obviously they won't put his face on tv for a 20 minute interview. His ideas are good for the majority of the United States, but for the wealthy elite in the Military Industrial Complex and everywhere else, this guy could ruin their lives completely, which is why they're doing everything in their power to discredit and hide Paul from the casual viewer.

I feel like if Paul wants a legitimate chance of winning the race, he should attempt to make some compromises with those who control the media and that are shielding his message from the people. For example, he could open new doors for Military personnel at home by talking to them one on one about defending our borders, rather than talk down about them at debates and increasing their animosity towards him. Don't get me wrong, I think Paul is right with his policy on the wars going on and I find the people responsible as disgusting as the next guy, but you have to learn how to deal with these people.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Ron Paul on CNN talking about the media not talking about him. Good of Piers Morgan to have him on.
edit on 16-8-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   

I didn't hear any admission to a "conspiracy".

I heard some commentary on why one person thinks Ron Paul wasn't on any shows (even though he was).

The news channels are making a business decision...they are putting people on shows who they think people will tune in to see.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

The news channels are making a business decision...they are putting people on shows who they think people will tune in to see.

Well then they shouldn't be calling themselves news channels, they should be calling themselves CORPORATE NEWS CHANNELS.

Because that's what they are. A bunch of sellouts who will only talk about you if you give them money.

A real news organization would talk about EVERYTHING without any censorship.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Well then they shouldn't be calling themselves news channels, they should be calling themselves CORPORATE NEWS CHANNELS.

Because that's what they are. A bunch of sellouts who will only talk about you if you give them money.

A real news organization would talk about EVERYTHING without any censorship.

Yeah...and Pottery Barn shouldn't call themselves a BARN...because they aren't really in a barn.

And Olive Garden isn't a GARDEN at all...I've never seen a Pizza Hut in an actual HUT...I just went to a place called Texas Roadhouse...and I'm in ILLINOIS......MADNESS.

I didn't know there were strict rules about what you name your company.

I wonder what Ron Paul would say about you wanting to demand what companies name their businesses???

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

Ron Paul on CNN talking about the media not talking about him. Good of Piers Morgan to have him on.

Yeahokay this is media framing at its best. This Peirs Whats his face is a CNN tool.

He only has Ron Paul on to frame him absurdly "Oh you want to legalize heroin eh?!" What an ass.

Though I like the Doc's responses here, I would have argued straight at this tactic by challenging the presumption of the Media Whore by explaining how black markets work. The bottom line is that there is a market for heroin, painful though it is to admit, and that only by turning the black markets white (transparent) can we then fight the octopus of organized crime. I would have liked him to argue that idea when frame in this way. Perhaps he will next time. But the point is that these media types just secure their paycheck, they're all pathetic.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Cafferty has been, for a long time, the only sane voice on CNN... and he does it again.

Thanks to John Stewart, now CNN and Fox are having him and talking about him.

Way to go Stewart.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join