It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nukes should be left in 20th century – Ahmadinejad to RT

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

rt.com...

Speaking exclusively with RT, the Iranian President has pointed out that the 21st century is about knowledge, while nukes are the means of the past. He also discussed the “Arab Spring” and Iran’s place in international relations.

He's not just talking about Nukes, there are other things on his mind, such as

“Arab Spring”
Speaking of Iran’s stance on the “Arab Spring”, the President of the Islamic Republic believes that these events reflect problems that go far beyond the needs of the people of the region.

“NATO has interfered in the affairs of Libya. The Security Council has made a mistake,”he said. “instead of sending bombs and planes to Libya, they should have sent mediation groups in order to prepare for free elections under the auspices of the UN.”

Human rights
Iran’s human rights situation has been a long-standing issue for international organizations, including the United Nations. However, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad dismisses all criticism.

“There are 35 kinds of democracies in the world. English Democracy and German democracies are different; and American democracy and Russian democracy,” he said. “In Europe, the rights of human beings are being violated. There's also the same situation in the United States, in Asia, in Africa.”

Nuclear energy vs. nukes

Military campaign against Iran

NPP in Bushehr and relations with Russia

President Ahmadinejad – after presidency

This isn't the first time he said Nukes was sooooo 20th century, here's an ATS thread about it, with great comments, from 2008, www.abovetopsecret.com...

I do believe I read here on ATS that Iran may have threatened the US's power plants via hacker attacks? Knowledge certainly can be powerful.

This part of the article I find interesting,

“We have an independent judiciary and we have very transparent legal proceedings,” the Iranian president continued.“We have mass media, we have free press and they criticize the government.” Mahmoud Ahmadinejad admitted that Iran is far from being perfect in terms of freedoms but, he said, his country is “Iran is among the best countries in the world in this respect.”

“We really love all human beings: language, race, colour of skin doesn't matter. Wherever there is a human being, there's someone that must be respected. We're really sad when we see discrimination and poverty in the world. Hopefully there will come a day when there's no discrimination or poverty. We are very sad that the world is suffering from conflicts and hope that peace will prevail in the world. This is the history of our country – peace, wellbeing, security and friendship for all, respect for all. This is not going to happen unless we all unite, we should all be together to build a better tomorrow – and that day will come.”

Its interesting because of what the current western view of Iran is and its usually not good, but did you know that Iran houses the 2nd largest Jewish population in the Middle East?

Here's the ATS threads about it:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 14-8-2011 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Combine Ahmadinejad and RT together and you have propaganda at its best.

Only a naive person would believe what Ahmadinejad has to say regarding Human Rights and/or Nukes, and the rest for that matter. He's using RT to further his propaganda, just as RT is using him to further Russian propaganda.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

You can absolutely look at it from that perspective and you could be right, but you could also be wrong. Now of course, Russia and Iran go hand in hand. It's prolly easier for him to get on RT news than it is Fox, right? Either way, here's his latest and greatest in print, so have a look.

I think he's making a mistake going to nuclear energy. With the crisis and Japan and as a result from it other countries like Germany are looking to phase out their plants, starting a new plant is a terrible move. Wouldn't some other form of energy be the better choice, like solar? I'd imagine if they took solar seriously it just might work out for them.

Or he plans on building nukes, not plants. But what he says here is interesting,

“The Americans have nuclear bombs and nuclear weapons and could they win in Iraq and Afghanistan? Could the nuclear weapons help the Israelis to gain victory in Lebanon and Gaza? Could nuclear weapons help the former Soviet Union from collapse?”he said. “Nuclear weapons are the weapons of the previous century. This century is the century of knowledge and thinking, the century of human beings, the century of culture and logic.”

He also pointed out that Iran’s activities in the sphere of nuclear energy are closely monitored by the International Atomic Energy Agency, IAEA:

www.iaea.org...

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
He also said that the holocaust was a myth and that their are no gay people in Iran.

I still wonder though, if he is so awful, why did we allow him to come to the US and speak a couple years back ( That is where he said there were no gay people in Iran, and his American College Student Crowd, laughed at the obviously silly statement)?

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Yeah man, discounting the holocaust makes no sense. We know who died and how they died. People were there! Where did he say this? At a lecture or in an interview? I have to see what's up with this answer of his.

But I agree, if he is so bad how come he came to the US and lectured? We allowed him to enter the country and talk to the masses?

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

If he directed Iranian scientists to perfect fusion power over fission, now that would cause quite a few eyebrows to rise in suprise.

But he is so back and forth with his statements, I have a hard time believing anything he says. He is a political crony after all and I never trust politicians.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Here is the footage of him saying there are no gay people in Iran. He was speaking at Columbia University, If I recall correctly.

And here he is footage of him speaking with Brian Williams about the time he said the holocaust was a myth.

Now, again, I am still not sure what to think of the man, because he also says things like this. Remember when he went on TV and sent a rather nice Christmas Message to America?

Maybe he is Bipolar....

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Sweet, thanks for the videos! And, yeah man, he could very well be bipolar
I've worked with a few in my day, and much worse.

His homosexual response my be a bad translation or taken out of context. He was asked a question about women not having rights, which is funny because the ticker at the bottom of the screen said 90% of Iranian voters are women & it also said he did not say the holocaust did not happen, but anyway, so women have no rights and homosexuals are being executed. His response was Iran does not have homosexuals like we do. You have to chew on that for a second. What does he think of when you say USA & Gay? Where does he get his ideas from? Definitely not first hand experience. I don't think I'd ever see him at the NYC gay pride parade, but then again, what US president has either? So maybe when he thinks of USA homosexuals he's think Will and Grace gay, which he doesn't see in his everyday Iranian life. Or maybe he really thinks there are no gay people at all in the Iran, which I think would be a silly assumption

As far as his holocaust responses, at first it sounded like he was saying what about all the other millions of people who lost their lives because of the war, which makes sense, but then he either goes to straight denying the holocaust or he's looking at it from a 'what if' perspective, like 'what if there was no holocaust?'. But the point he really drives home is why do the Palestinian people have to suffer because of the holocaust, with the creation of the state of Israel and everything that's happened since because of it. He definitely thinks the holocaust is the reason for Israel's creation, whether it's real or not.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I for one happen to find myself agrreeing with what Ahmadinejad says more often than not, he makes a lot of sense, and seem to not at all be the "devil" many seem to point him out to be. Clearly intelligent and rational, is what i say. Trying to make the best of a dire situation, fighting his own people with one hand(trying to change things for the better, laws etc), the rest of the world with the other. It cannot be easy.

This guy deserves respect.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

You're welcome.

Here is one more link. It shows him making the actual statement.

www.zimbio.com...
edit on 14-8-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

What do you make of the videos I posted.

With all due respect it is hardly intelligent or rational to say there are no gay people in Iran or to say that the Holocaust was a lie.....

As far as those two statements go, not much respect for him, coming from me.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Notice anything about the stills from the 3 videos you posted?

His eyes are shut in all 3!

Weird....

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Huh,good catch.That is weird.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
He also said that the holocaust was a myth and that their are no gay people in Iran.

I still wonder though, if he is so awful, why did we allow him to come to the US and speak a couple years back ( That is where he said there were no gay people in Iran, and his American College Student Crowd, laughed at the obviously silly statement)?

If I remember correctly he was in town for a UN meeting.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Boreas

Yeah, that sounds right, and he spoke at Columbia I believe. That said, I think you kind of....Misunderstood the point of the question....

Basically, we hear how horrible he is in the MSM, all the time.... What I am wondering is...if he is so dangerous and awful and a monster, why would we allow him into our country? If he is so bad, you would think we would not want to risk the lives of our people,right?

That's how I meant it.

I mean, he clearly has some issues, just look at the kind of crap he says....But, it just seems a bit odd....

I don't know about you, but if I was convinced some one was a monster, I would not invite them into my house to meet my family, you know?

I just don't know if he is good or bad or crazy or sane or what.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Boreas

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

If I remember correctly he was in town for a UN meeting.

A meeting and lecture in New York.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
reply to post by Swills

Only a naive person would believe what Ahmadinejad has to say regarding Human Rights and/or Nukes, and the rest for that matter. He's using RT to further his propaganda, just as RT is using him to further Russian propaganda.

well everything u wrote here can be reffered to any politician in europe or USA...

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

I am reminded of an old saying that notes that words are cheap.

Ahmadinejad does not really have much more foundation for preaching peace than did Hitler when he convinced Neville Chamberlain that it would be 'Peace in Our Time'. While he talks peace and common sense, he and his nation continue to work on their nuclear weapons. And their's no defense of this, either, because there is no insurance that he or his government are simply building this nuke platform for energy. UN inspectors... while they were allowed, pretty much discounted the excuse anyway.

Now, this isn't to say that this extremist is the only problem in the region. That there are extremists in so many power positions in so many nations of the Middle East, is a very real problem. A good example is in Libya, where the same basic uprising that occurred in Egypt and garnered world support, has fallen flat with the anti-Zionist Jew haters. The difference is that NATO has become involved on the side of the rebels... which was a major mistake, and it has become less about people being free and more about political ideology being disseminated on its coattails.

My personal view is that the US should immediately withdraw from the UN, cease all foreign aid, withdraw from Iraq and build a dedicated amphibious/naval force in the Indian Ocean to prepare for war with Persia.

I wish it weren't this way. I'd love to see my country wrap up is involvement in both Iraq and Afghanistan. Considering how we got there, this is probably the correct thing to do. But again, Iran has no apparent interest in anything but confrontation and this will likely continue until the current regime cycles out one way or the other.
edit on 14-8-2011 by redoubt because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Combine Obama,NATO,Anti gaddafi and CNN,MSNBC BBC and other western news networks together and you have propaganda at its very finest.

see i could say the same thing about the western news networks that offer no credible journalism, rather then yellow journalism with the Pentagon.

edit on 14-8-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

Combine Obama,NATO,Anti gaddafi and CNN,MSNBC BBC and other western news networks together and you have propaganda at its very finest.

see i could say the same thing about the western news networks that offer no credible journalism, rather then yellow journalism with the Pentagon.

edit on 14-8-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

You do make a valid point. Check out this recent video courtesy of CNN

CNN Fake Libya War Video Exposed.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join