It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grey Alien = GNOSTIC SYMBOL

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
It really is getting completely childish that people refuse to accept this explanation.

The ancient gnostics referred to the transcendental God, the God beyond all description, as "alien".

Todays myth makers have created for themselves a cult; the cult of the Grey Alien.

A "grey alien" is a symbol. Like all symbols, the features of the imagery are meant to allude to some metaphysical idea.

Why is the Grey Alien presented as human like? Because the "archetypal man", the symbol for the self, found in all ancient beliefs (the kabbalah calls it adam kadmon) is the ideal man. Thus, the grey is presented as a human.

Why is it grey, why does it have a large cranium and large eyes?

Grey is the combination of White and Black - symbols for duality. Grey is both at once. It transcends the dichotomy of black-white ie; evil and good. Its large head refers to the cerebrality of rejecting the appearances of ordinary reality. Such a person is entirely focused on the mystical and abstract, thus, he has a large head. The Large eyes allude to his cosmic consciousness

Overall, the feel one gets from the picture of a grey alien is ALIEN. It is strange, and bizarre looking, seemingly indifferent to the emotions.

Furthermore, "Ufos" are probably what Jung described them to be; projections from the collective unconscious. The outer world - as all mystics/occultists know, and has been taught for ages - is a projection, or materialization, of mankinds inner being. As above, So Below.

I do not deny the possibility of human life elsewhere in the universe, i just deny the reality of grey aliens - which are symbols for the "self", as spoken of in Jungian psychology for instance.

Why then are people having experiences or apparitions of grey aliens?? Believing them to be from another planet??? This too could be a sort of modern symbolism.

As i said earlier, the outer world reflects the inner world. In earlier, more primitive times, mankind had intense visual 'experiences', or hallucinations, of gods, animals, elves, angels, demons etc. Our imagination, or perhaps the archetype existing within the larger human unconscious, takes imagery, whatever may have been thought up of through the age, and uses this picture - identifiable and meaningful to the conscious mind - to relate information. This is ALWAYS done in a symbolic manner, as our inner condition is completely abstract. It puts this abstract knowledge, and presents it to the conscious ego through a type of allegory.

This is what ALL ancient Mythology was about. This is what current modern myths - Hollywood movies - are about.

The PTB are simply doing to you what the elites in ancient times did to the masses. They give you a fictitious understanding of reality. While they retain knowledge of the cosmos - metaphysics, mysticism - they give their followers LITERAL, and simple explanations for what the gods were. But none - except initiates - knew that they were merely representations for cosmic phenomena.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

good post and way to break it down further than most would ever contemplate. s & f awesome post ma G

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Well my inner mind unconscious or not managed to take 40 pics of my UFO sighting!

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
The subject of 'greys' as such is interesting, the phenomenon well-evidenced (quantitatively that is) and can be approached from several perspectives.

Personally I'm sceptical about using 'symbology', based un the uncertain, basically freudian, methodology, with a generous addition of semantic 'similarities' such as 'greys' being 'alien' and the unknown gnostic god also being 'alien'.

And while I usually support the view that most, if not all, interpretations of paranormal phenomena is just that...interpretations.....it's to simplistic to reduce the whole situation to 'it's all in the mind'. Unless one wants to reduce gravity to a 'it's all in the mind'-position also.

That there is SOMETHING happening apart from the individual mind should be taken as a serious possibility, starting from the available information and using available (demonstrated) functional methodologies.

Pro-s and contra-s coming from speculative methodologies only add to the already existing confusion.
edit on 14-8-2011 by bogomil because: grammar

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by bsalert

Well, when i said "projection", i meant just that. It is projected INTO physical reality. It is not merely the mind percieving something that exists only in its mind - but an actual extension of the collective unconscious into spatial reality.

This is what is meant by the Hermetic axiom "as above so below".

"Above" refers to a state of existence that is 'above', or more subtle (hence why people have trouble understanding this) than concrete physical reality. Everything that exists in the mind is "above". Concepts, Ideas, etc are all "archetypal", and find material expression in physical reality.

Jung postulated that UFOS - which have been shown to be nothing more than glowing orbs in the upper atmosphere (and to date, no real evidence has come forth to prove otherwise; although i am open to the plausibility of some "UFO" phenomena being secret military aircraft, the majority of UFO sightings are simple lights in the sky) - are symbols for the "self", presented as an orbular light, and so symbolize the soul projected into material reality.. Just as the soul exists in a etheric state above (or behind) the ego, likewise UFOs appear in the upper atmosphere, the part of the physical cosmos which corresponds to spiritual reality. (as this lower world is a physical copy, or reflection, of spiritual reality. Hence the rampant use of symbolism). Thus the ego - the mind, is being shown its higher self through the physical cosmos which itself is a reflection of the spiritual. This occurs (according to Jung) as a type of compensation. Because the ego has grown so ignorant of its own spiritual source and nature, the self, manifests itself before the eyes of the doubting ego.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

Do demons or fairies also exist??

In earlier times, people had experiences with these creatures - and NOT grey aliens.

Why not class them as the same phenomena?

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
These are not metaphors created by the elites - they are independent beings who have been leading the elites through the ages around by the noses, sucking them in with whatever agendas appealed to them, wealth, power, enlightenment, perversions, NWO utopias, religions - they are responsible for most of the myths we tell ourselves - currently they are masquerading as aliens for the benefit of the US govt.

By exposing the origin, motives, and methods of the archon mind-parasites, Gnostic writings confront us with the daunting question of their influence on humanity. This influence may be characterized as having several vectors. First, archons affect humans by subconscious or subliminal insinuation. In this respect, they operate through a telepathic link to humankind—to us, their cosmic cousins, so Gnostic cosmology informs us. Not all that happens in the human mind originates there.

The specific insinuation of the archons is evident in religious and spiritual thinking, especially in the mental virus of salvationism and the messiah complex. Gnostics warned explicitly that archons infect human thinking with false religious ideas, including the belief in a male mastermind or paternal overlord, the off-planet father god. The Gnostic expose of archontic influence is a double whammy: the overlord of the archon hive, the Demiurge, is that very entity who would be recognized as the sole and supreme and creator god, if the religious delusion insinuated by the archons works. The Demiurge himself is insanely deluded, believing he is the sole cosmic deity responsible for the heavens and the earth, and the creation of the human race to boot.

The God of Abrahamic faith exists, for sure, but he is an insane alien predator bent on deceiving and enslaving humanity—such is the bizarre warning from Gnostic seers in the Mysteries. But how actually do archons affect humankind apart from the nefarious delusions they can engender in our minds? By another vector of influence, they use fakery and simulation to divert our attention from the reality of human potential, the gifts of our species such as rational thinking and imagination, and distract us from the presence of nature and the supernatural power within nature.

I have discussed this tactic of counter-mimicry at length in Not in His Image. Ialdabaoth, the Gnostic name for Jehovah, is called the counterfeiting spirit. The Coptic word for simulation, HAL, denotes the signature of the archons who can imitate but not create. They are a mimic species. They imitate our faculties to substitute their mind set for our own, hence living vicariously through us. As Castaneda said, they function as a "foreign installation" in our own minds.

www.metahistory.org...

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

My point is, that SOMETHING exists and that it has been interpretated differently according to interpretation-options and -expectations in various historical and cultural contexts.

This 'something' can be a sofar unknown part of cosmos, which mankind through perceptual limitations usually don't observe (and thus don't bother about when it comes to finding suitable methodologies to examine it). Or it could be a manifestation of a truly trans-cosmic existence-level; an option I'm sceptical about, until the more mundane 'explanation-avenues' are exhausted.

To decide if those of us having had 'paranormal' experiences are bonkers (which is possible for all of us as a category), we can use the following perspectives:

1/ Does our present science/logic knowledge exclude a possibility of such phenomena being somehow 'objective'.

2/ Considering the popularity of religion and paranormal phenomena, an intensified study of the corresponding psychologic mechanisms in mankind is justified.

3/ A comparative serious study of paranormal phenomena (instead of the almost instinctive 'doctrinal' reductionist science efforts to discard it) could give some clues.

As you see, I'm not presenting 'answers', but 'approaches'.

edit on 14-8-2011 by bogomil because: missing word

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohhnyBGood
These are not metaphors created by the elites - they are independent beings who have been leading the elites through the ages around by the noses, sucking them in with whatever agendas appealed to them, wealth, power, enlightenment, perversions, NWO utopias, religions - they are responsible for most of the myths we tell ourselves - currently they are masquerading as aliens for the benefit of the US govt.

By exposing the origin, motives, and methods of the archon mind-parasites, Gnostic writings confront us with the daunting question of their influence on humanity. This influence may be characterized as having several vectors. First, archons affect humans by subconscious or subliminal insinuation. In this respect, they operate through a telepathic link to humankind—to us, their cosmic cousins, so Gnostic cosmology informs us. Not all that happens in the human mind originates there.

The specific insinuation of the archons is evident in religious and spiritual thinking, especially in the mental virus of salvationism and the messiah complex. Gnostics warned explicitly that archons infect human thinking with false religious ideas, including the belief in a male mastermind or paternal overlord, the off-planet father god. The Gnostic expose of archontic influence is a double whammy: the overlord of the archon hive, the Demiurge, is that very entity who would be recognized as the sole and supreme and creator god, if the religious delusion insinuated by the archons works. The Demiurge himself is insanely deluded, believing he is the sole cosmic deity responsible for the heavens and the earth, and the creation of the human race to boot.

The God of Abrahamic faith exists, for sure, but he is an insane alien predator bent on deceiving and enslaving humanity—such is the bizarre warning from Gnostic seers in the Mysteries. But how actually do archons affect humankind apart from the nefarious delusions they can engender in our minds? By another vector of influence, they use fakery and simulation to divert our attention from the reality of human potential, the gifts of our species such as rational thinking and imagination, and distract us from the presence of nature and the supernatural power within nature.

I have discussed this tactic of counter-mimicry at length in Not in His Image. Ialdabaoth, the Gnostic name for Jehovah, is called the counterfeiting spirit. The Coptic word for simulation, HAL, denotes the signature of the archons who can imitate but not create. They are a mimic species. They imitate our faculties to substitute their mind set for our own, hence living vicariously through us. As Castaneda said, they function as a "foreign installation" in our own minds.

www.metahistory.org...

On the condition, that there is 'something' there objectively, this is one of the more attractive hypotheses. Personally I find it to fit with much of the avaible information, but that's my subjective position on it.

PS I'm a great fan of John L. Lash myself, and while I don't agree with all his conclusions or methodology, he's a brilliant scholar.
edit on 14-8-2011 by bogomil because: additonal PS and spelling

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by JohhnyBGood

I never said they werent real. I said as they have been presented to us - as literal beings from other planets - is not as an initiate would understand it.

For instance, the grey alien IS a symbol and metaphor, materializing the ideal 'man' of gnostic cosmology.

Its grey because grety symbolizes a state of undifferentiation. This term is present in our nomenclature. Things that are uncertain are "grey" - a "grey area". Grey is thus a symbol for moral relativism.

The grey has a large head - alluding to the rejection of temporal created reality. The body - as the Kabbalah, or ancient wisdom teaches, corresponds to the so called 7 archons, or 7 lower sefiroth (or days of creation) of the tree of life. The limp body and enormous head of the grey alien refers to the gnostic rejection of created reality - the 7 lower sefiroth (which correspond, fittingly enough, to the name יהוה and his shekinah. Thus, he is their "demiurge", the artificer of created reality) . The large eyes of the grey refers to the cosmic consciousness of Adam Kadmom; Jungs transcendant function, or Al Khidr in Islam. This may be why the New Age religion of the theosophists combines spiritual elements from all religions - Christianity, Buddhism, Hinduism, and Islam, but not Judaism. Hebraism is par-excellence at odds with this pagan cosmology.

Even in the Quran, Al-Khidr - "the green one", the symbol for the self, the same idea conveyed by the grey alien, says to Moses (the symbol for Jew, or perpeption of reality from the perspective they imagine the Jew to harbor)

"Surely you [Moses] cannot have patience with me. And how canst thou have patience about things about which thy understanding is not complete?

This is an ANCIENT ideology. And something which has always been opposed to the philosophy and metaphysics of the Hebrews. (hence why observant Jews today have such a distrust of gentiles. Now, its more an unconscious, unacknowledged feeling that gentiles are not to be trusted, but in older times, Talmudic times, the Jews had every reason to be suspicious of pagans; Afterall, they did destroy them, reinterpreted their scriptures (Christians, Manicheans, Mandeans, Muslims) and oppressed them wherever they went. )

Greys are not some alien creature. They represent a SPIRIT - an archetype of a particular reality. What that reality is, i cannot say. It appears to refer to the 'transcendant' function of Jung, but it can also be a spirit of delusion ala the snake in genesis, which gives man the impression of his own godhood. This is why people who hold to this philosophy tend to be total egomaniacs, totally unstable, totally irreverent. They can do the most god-awful things, because they have deified themselves and have become their own gods - following their own moral law, which is usually entirely subjective and inconsiderate of basic human decency.

This IMMORALITY is what Judaism stands opposed to.

I dont attribute the machinations of the elites to abstract forces. I think they have TOTAL FREE WILL, and therefore, those 'forces' which they willingly identify themselves with, have no moral fault to attend to. They are merely possibilities - albeit, spiritual beings, but beings which can only find expression through human beings. . They dont exist unless man decides to give them expression. These elites have completely decided to give them expression. Why else are they so deluded?? They are completely identified with "them". They ARE the very grey aliens theyve popularized in conspiracy culture.

In Zephania 2:11, the gods of the elite - the 'grey alien', and the lesser deities (which ironically they have us worshipping in anycase) will be destroyed "The LORD will be awesome to them when he destroys all the gods of the land. The nations on every shore will worship him, every one in its own land."

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   

You are presenting rather definitive answers, based on questionable methodology.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Did you ever hear of Aleister Crowley and his drawing of his spiritual guide? He spoke to a being called "LAM". LAM was allegedly a grey alien....

In 1947, when Aleister Crowley died he left behind a sketch of one of the "Secret Chiefs" Crowley's invisible mentor called LAM. The sketch looks like a Grey Alien.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Granted the Greys appearance must be a sort of metaphor, particularly their neoteny (feotus like appearance) - but this seems to be a feature of most intra- dimensional phenomina - and as described by the Gnostics - these are beings without volition or imaginal powers of their own, created in a sort of cosmic accident, an error due to the unbalanced fall of the Aeon Sophia.

What they can do, is utillise and adapt, distort, mimic allready existing patterns, hence the basic humanoid shape - the same sort of thing as in Faeries, Djinns.

As to the origins of Judaism - to me Yahwe sounds and acts just like the demented demi-urge - ie a being created by accident devoid of any link to the god head, who suddenly awakes in the primorial chaos of the planetary realm and finding itself alone, imagines itself to be the creator god 'I am that I am'.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by The Endtime Warrior

Very interesting picture of "LAM"...

Thanks for the post.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by The Endtime Warrior

There is a fascinating history to A Crowley's involvement in all of this - he was followig something called the Babalon worrking to open up portals to other dimensions when he encountered this Grey-like Lam being.

Sme years later an acolyte of his Jack Parsons (US JPL rocket scientist) was re-working this Babalon ritual.

The preliminaries began January 4, 1946 at 9 pm. Prokofiev's Violin Concerto played loudly on the phonograph. The formal working would begin the following evening. Russell Miller refers to it eleven nights of "talisman waving." Later that month Parsons would write Crowley describing his progress. He noted a spontaneous windstorm as a curious side-effect. It began the second day and lasted throughout the Babalon Working. Parsons awoke on the sixth day of the Working, January 10. He heard nine loud, unexplainable knocks. I note a similarity to the nine regular knocks that Whitley Strieber felt confirmed the existence of his Visitors. Parsons got out of bed. He noticed a lamp lay smashed on the floor. The knocks were repeated on the 15th..........................
www.excludedmiddle.com...

This was 1947 ....just before the start of the modern UFO appearances.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I like your idea it is very "baphomet" to me and makes for great speculation.

You are familiar with a gnostic teachings so you may have heard of the pharmacratic inquisition (gnostic video about mushrooms and astrotheology) ?

Check out '___' and Joe Rogan.

'___' from the pineal as most know is popular in all old religions and it is even represented as the acorn with two peacocks at the vatican.

Perhaps there are both aliens and spirits all in the mix?
edit on 14-8-2011 by MasterGemini because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   

That's what I find fascinating about all of this. I had also read somewhere about cults of people who communicate with "aliens" through ouija boards and are able to make them appear through seances. Fascinating stuff

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Endtime Warrior

That's what I find fascinating about all of this. I had also read somewhere about cults of people who communicate with "aliens" through ouija boards and are able to make them appear through seances. Fascinating stuff

Alestair's 'way' is fascinating reading, but not advisable for practical application. People around him (and eventually himself) blew their fuses regularly.
edit on 14-8-2011 by bogomil because: typo

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

Oh, agreed! I know firsthand what happens when you go chasing after the unknown!

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Endtime Warrior
reply to post by bogomil

Oh, agreed! I know firsthand what happens when you go chasing after the unknown!

Sorry, I forgot that. It's been quite a while since we communicated last time.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join