It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grey Alien = GNOSTIC SYMBOL

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by dontreally
reply to post by Onboard2

There is no way Gnosticism could be classified as satanism, unless the Christ would be included in that. According to gnostic beliefs, a savior is required to redeem the people and lead them out of the material world.

Incidentally, Ehyeh asher ehyeh is the first of 3 responses given to Moses when he asks god's name. Ehych is the first-person singular imperfect of Hayah, 'to be'. Ehyeh is usually translated " I will be" and denotes action not yet completed. It's "I am what I am becoming". Moses had the perfect childhood as far as his destiny as law giver.

What does this have to do with anything?

Your continual analyzation of phonetics and comparison to the "Mother" Gaia in "Avatar".

I would be interested in reading the Gnostic writings of the disciples, if they are ever released. It makes more sense to me to believe there are lower level entities directing forces behind the scenes. I don't believe the destruction wrought by the god of the the OT is allegory. War and desolation are not abstract.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Actually, Ehyeh Asher Ehyeh is more grammatically correct as "I shall be that which i shall be" which is the experience of continuous becoming.

War and desolation are not abstract.

Are you serious? If i wanted to, i could turn picking my nose and eating my snot into metaphysical allegory. lol

Its allegory. I knowm because i study Torah.

You may not like to hear that, because it damages your preconceived notions about the bible, but, thats just how it is.

Did it also happen on the physical plane, as the Rabbis would suggest, and as implied by the Exegetical formula PaRDeS??? Yes.

The world was a much different place 3000 years ago. Pagan cultures were not as new agers naively imagine them to be. It was complete moral relativism. It was orgies, cult prostitution, child sacrifice, drunkness, adultery, etc. It was not a just culture, and it made no attempt to be.

That doesnt mean there werent good people, it simply means the architects of the culture - the priests and elect - opposed the ancient modes of morality practiced by the first men. They had degraded into a system of magic, sorcery and self indulgence.

edit on 2-9-2011 by dontreally because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

The Gnostic habit of taking Biblical motifs - like the snake, and reinterpreting them in conformiy with Pagan beliefs, just shows you what kind of people they are. And indeed, many 'gnostics' or pagans today actually think the Torah is Gnostic allegory - when it is anything but that to anyone who actually KNOWS what the proper metaphysical exegesis is.

Lol, where do you come up with this stuff? The etymology of Essene is 'holy' and 'pious'. I haven't read anything about serpents that involved the Essenes, but they were protected!

One of their major preoccupations was to protect themselves from any contact with evil spirits, in order to preserve the purity of their souls. They knew that they would only be on earth for a short time, and they did not want to prostitute their eternal souls. It was this attitude, this strict discipline, this absolute refusal to lie or compromise, that made them the object of so much persecution through the ages.

www.essenespirit.com...

"Essenes" is an English transliteration of the Greek Essenoi. The derivation and meaning of the Greek word have been a mystery since the first century A.D. Philo, our earliest source (ca. A.D. 40), speculated that "Essenes" was derived from the Greek hosios, meaning "holy." Modern scholars have preferred to go back to Semitic originals. The two most probable etymologies offered to date are from the Aramaic 'asen,' asayya, "healers," and from the East Aramaic hasen, hasayya, "the pious." The first etymology would suggest a link between the Essenes and the Therapeutae (Gr. "healers"), a similar Jewish group flourishing contemporaneously in Egypt. The second etymology would imply a historical relationship between the Essenes and the Hasidim (Hebrew: "pious ones"), the faithful Jews who distinguished themselves during the Maccabean revolt (ca. 167 B.C.). Extant evidence will not allow a firm decision between the two etymologies, though it would seem that the latter currently enjoys more credence. In any case, there is no reason to assume that "Essenes," or Semitic equivalent, was a selfdesignation. It may have been a label applied to the group by outsiders. As such, it would point to the manner in which the Essenes were perceived by their contemporaries.

mb-soft.com...

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by dontreally

Are you serious? If i wanted to, i could turn picking my nose and eating my snot into metaphysical allegory. lol

Its allegory. I knowm because i study Torah.

You may not like to hear that, because it damages your preconceived notions about the bible, but, thats just how it is.

Did it also happen on the physical plane, as the Rabbis would suggest, and as implied by the Exegetical formula PaRDeS??? Yes. [/Quote]

By your definition, everything is allegory, even if it is disgusting. If everything is a reflection of man's inner perception, then obviously this caused the fall into the material world of....allegory? Seems real to me. War has gone on for centuries.

As far as my preconceived notion of the bible, I think some of it can be taken literally, as far as the many wars through the centuries, but the NT is mainly allegorical.

I honestly have no use for the OT and the Jewish god.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

They give you a fictitious understanding of reality. While they retain knowledge of the cosmos - metaphysics, mysticism - they give their followers LITERAL, and simple explanations for what the gods were. But none - except initiates - knew that they were merely representations for cosmic phenomena.

I am seeing this too.

For instance, the last few episodes of Ancient Aliens have taken a turn back to Egypt, Shamanism, Greek Mythology, Alchemy etc...

Throughout the world, ancient rites and rituals are believed to connect humans to another dimension. But just who--or what--are we communicating with? Could today's rituals, such as festivals, coronations and funerals, be based on early man's attempts to emulate ancient alien visitors? If so, what other ancient rituals might find their roots in a kingdom--not of this world?

history.com

Next Episode Ancient Aliens ~ Aliens and Temples of Gold

Could gold be the ultimate link between humans and aliens? A church in southern France is said to hold the key to alchemy--and a gateway to another part of the universe. Locals in Cusco, Peru believe UFO sightings are connected to lost gold at the bottom of Lake Puray. And some believe underneath the Great Sphinx of Giza lies an entire library left behind by extraterrestrials--a library stored on gold.

history.com

Another good example is the Billy Meier wave.

Billy's ~ Ptaah (notice the JHWH too)

Ptaah is about 775 (Earth) years old and has three children, two daughters by the names of Semjase and Pleija and one son by the name of Jucata who is no longer alive. His father was called Sfath and one of his nieces is Asket. Ptaah is the commander of the Plejaren spacecraft fleet and is vested with the rank of an Jschwjsch, (JHWH), which is comparable in meaning to a king of wisdom. In earlier times, this term was translated as God, not in the sense of creator but as a king of wisdom who has the duty to provide his peoples with help and advice. He also presides over other inhabited planets but may never assume the role of despotic ruler, which happened on earth to some extent in earlier times. At the present time, Ptaah presides over three different planets, two of which are known to us as Erra and Terra (earth).

source

The Egyptian Ptah

In Ancient Egyptian Religion, Ptah (Egyptian ptḥ, probably vocalized as Pitaḥ in ancient Egyptian [1]) was the deification of the primordial mound in the Ennead cosmogony, which was more literally referred to as Ta-tenen (also spelled Tathenen, Tatjenen, etc.), meaning risen land, or as Tanen, meaning submerged land, though Tatenen was a god in his own right, before being assimilated with Ptah. Ptah also is referred to as the noble Djed. It was said (in the Shabaka Stone) that it was Ptah who called the world into being, having dreamt creation in his heart, and speaking it, his name meaning opener, in the sense of opener of the mouth. Indeed the opening of the mouth ceremony, performed by priests at funerals to release souls from their corpses, was said to have been created by Ptah. Atum was said to have been created by Ptah to rule over the creation, sitting upon the primordial mound.

wiki

Billy's ~ Semjase

Due to her exceptional knowledge, which far exceeds the average of her home population, she has assumed the rank of half-Jschrjsch, which means a half-queen of wisdom or a half-goddess, as they were called earlier on earth (and which can be read about, for example, in Greek legends). Having occupied herself with various matters on our planet years before taking up contact with Billy Meier on January 28, 1975, she is by far the best-oriented extraterrestrial concerning our situation on earth.

source

Book of Enoch ~ Samyaza or Samjâzâ ~ leader of the Fallen

Samyaza (Aramaic: שמיחזה, Greek: Σεμιαζά) also Semihazah, Shemyazaz, Sêmîazâz, Semjâzâ, Samjâzâ, Shemyaza, and Shemhazai. is a fallen angel of apocryphal Jewish and Christian tradition that ranked in the heavenly hierarchy as one of the Grigori (meaning "Watchers" in Greek). The name 'Shemyaza[z]' means 'infamous rebellion', the combination of 'shem' [meaning 'name' or 'fame' [whether positive or negative]] + 'azaz' [which means 'rebellion' or 'arrogance' as a negative particle]. Michael Knibb lists him as “the (or my) name has seen” or “he sees the name”. The interesting thing about the second interpretation is there is a tale about Semjâzâ knowing the explicit name of God and making a deal with a human Istahar to tell her the name.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Let us not forget the Vatican and Aliens

"The questions of life's origins and of whether life exists elsewhere in the universe are very suitable and deserve serious consideration," said the Rev. Jose Gabriel Funes, an astronomer and director of the Vatican Observatory.

"Both science and religion posit life as a special outcome of a vast and mostly inhospitable universe," he told a news conference Tuesday. "There is a rich middle ground for dialogue between the practitioners of astrobiology and those who seek to understand the meaning of our existence in a biological universe."

"If biology is not unique to the Earth, or life elsewhere differs bio-chemically from our version, or we ever make contact with an intelligent species in the vastness of space, the implications for our self-image will be profound," he said

cbsnews.com

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   

That is precisely my point.

Youre having "no use for the old testament or Jewish God" is just a rephrasing of the Gnostic perception.

Although you would like to ignore the logical gnostic conclusion of antinomianism.

If you reject the "demiurge", or the just Jewish God (it is precisely this stern justice, and equity which they reject) you are 'beyond' good and evil, as Nietzsche said.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Okay.

Then why do they probe rectums , do other experiments and tell people there is no God ?

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by skepticconwatcher

Perhaps theres something demonic about this archetype??

All spiritual phenomena are symbolical, meaning, they exist both physically - through an appirition, but also have their source in a spiritual cause...

The image of an alien probing implies something demonic. The rectum is associated with the demonic (in black magick for instance, if one wants to gain contact with certain malevolent powers, it often involves anal sex ie; the physical body is a 'microcosm' which corresponds to the macrocosmic world - the cosmos, when a physical action is done it creates a sympathy between both worlds; the macrocosmic incarnates within the physical or vice-versa)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join