It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michio Kaku: If Space Aliens Attack They Will Overwhelm Us In The Opening Shots Of A War! 12/08/11

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by amongus
Discovery channel is owned by NBC! This is nothing but a promo for the show!

You mean Michio Kaku comes on TV, put his prestige on the line to make a TV commercial? This implies that he not believes in what he is talking about. And he seems to believe (see examples below).

Would not be easier for NBC to do a commercial and repeated to death in its autumn schedule? I do not think that is so simple. I've seen him several interviews in OTHER channels, on the same subject and there was no promotion for some movie or show.

Examples:

I dont think CNN is doing advertisement for some show.

edit on 13-8-2011 by RUSSO because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by amongus

Will you please stop levitating! It's making the TV go all wonky! You are levitating, right?

CJ

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   
If they wanted us dead we would be dead, I say they are worth talking too, imagine the benefits, I can feel in my being that this is very close.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by amongus

I starred your post, great point I think it was mentioned earlier in the thread. However I think the thread is more about what he said, not so much the network's purpose of the interview.

Anyways
I think we have protocol up in space already for an alien invasion for a long time now. I mean think about it:

Even if aliens have never visited Earth, if we had the technology, don't you think we would create some "space police" or whatnot, that would just be stationed near Earth, guarding it. Even if nothing ever visits us, how exciting of a job would that be?! And cover it up! Seriously think about it, look at our Second Amendment....I think we would.

I think Michio Kaku also needs to consider that a civilization that is 1000 years or a million years more advanced, might be traveling in time, or other dimensions, or who knows what. I think that is what he meant by, "they wouldn't be interested in us.." I think he just left out that detail because he has had shows about Type A, B, and C Civilizations, quantum physics, time travel, and a whole bunch of weird stuff on Sci-Fi Science.

The big deal is that this might be the first time where he mentioned violence, because he usually uses the classic argument, "well if they are hostile, they would have destroyed us by now."

Seems to be sort of agreeing with Stephen Hawking...not really but similar.

I also liked how he explained/forecasts out our protocol for the future of planet hunting, i.e. discovering advanced life, studying their culture, not to intervene if they appear violent, etc. To me, he kind of under his breath implies, an intelligent alien civilization would likely do the same thing when searching for us. I also liked his comments about going to uninhabited planets for resources.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by game over man

The big deal is that this might be the first time where he mentioned violence, because he usually uses the classic argument, "well if they are hostile, they would have destroyed us by now."

Not the first time I think, see the post above. Stephen Hawking made a worst warning once.

Times

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   
If aliens were going to attack us they would have done so a long time ago. But lets just say for the sake of argument they do launch an attack on us. It wont be some sort of massive gun fight like in the movies. If you think aliens are just going to come in guns blazing you are deeply mistaken. They will plot a plan which enures with 99% accuracy the elimination and/or enslavement of our species and we probably wouldn't even know they were responsible. It would be something like a carefully engineered virus or nano-bots. We would have virtually no chance of stopping it.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

And Steve H knows anymore about this than you why??? Perhaps to remain relevant? A couple of humans are given this knowledge how again? By being smart? MMMSKay.

CJ

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   
I dont know whether to bag Kaku on this thread or the OP for discussing attacking invaders from space!

Why do we always lay our own beliefs over that of other species.

Kaku does it, as he famously says: For a race to reach earth they must be imesurable more intelligent than us. Why is that Kaku, becuase we cant do it in return? That arrogant comment sums up a very narrow mind from someone who claims to see the bigger picture.

We do it with animals too, we assume that because we compute fear in a certain way, that farm animals do too. Battery chicken farms are cruel, how would you like to live 100 people to a room? How the hell do we know what a chicken thinks or feels, yet we lay our own beleifs on them. Hare coursing, fox hunting these are similar, we assume cos we would be scared that is how a fox or a hare feels. Its all nonsense really and now we are doing the same with ET, assuming they operate on a level same as us.

We assume they will form societies, armys, weapons and tacktics, a reason to invade, scout us out and choose to invade. Of all the species on earth, humans are the only ones that do it, and yet we assume thats how ET lives.

What if they lived on a hotter planet than ours and didnt need fire and therefore had never seen it, they come to earth and see fire, perhaps touch it and they fear it. What if they have so much food they never need to hunt and therefore never developed weapons, what if they had no land and lived on water and there were just 2000 of them on a planet the size of our moon and they dont evolve from apes, they didnt have territorial behaviours or fight or flight adrenaline type responses, what if they dont die? Surely all of these things and the billions of other which may affect their development could lead them on a completely different path to us and yet here we are, assuming they know what our weapons do, they understand our mentality on defense and attack, they know what radar, stealth and atomics are.

What did Bowling for Columbine teach us? That the governments keep us in a state of almost constant panic so they can control us and make us reliant on them, well when all the evil on the earth has been pacified and people start to wake up, why not use space as a threat?

I think we will be suprised.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nimes

Gold, and.................?

I hear people say resources a lot, but I wonder if they are considering all the variables that that represents, and on what level an advanced species would have for such minerals.

Depending on technological capability I am not convinced that raw mineral/chemical resources are that big of a deal.

I'm not saying that they really want anything but can we look at it like this..?

Make a team of chemists (maybe they called them shamans/wizards or something doesn't matter) from 1000 years ago and put every known mineral/chemical resource from earth in front of them.
Now tell them to do something with it..

Now make a team of top chemist from 21st century and tell them the same thing..

Imagine then how will it be like in lets say 100 years.. What other mixures or combinations will we discover..

If they are few thousand years in front of us maybe they have the technology that uses something like normal salt for something huge that we can't even imagine (just an example)..

I understand what you are saying and it makes sense.
But, you have to consider that they may very well possess the technology to create on a whim any element or combination thereof. We have the technological concept down ourselves and perhaps in as little as 60 to 80 years we will possess the technology to turn wood into gold by rearranging molecules and adding other things.

If one were to say, "yeah, but where are they getting those molecules?" Then the answer would be from any one of the countless piles of dust and rock floating around space.

Then you also have to assume that they may be a post scarcity society, level 3 or higher on the Kardeshev scale.
In that case they want for nothing, which relates to my first comment.

In other words, a significantly advanced civilization has no real business with anyone unless they are on equal grounds. Unless they are cataloging your race.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by bsalert
If they wanted us dead we would be dead, I say they are worth talking too, imagine the benefits, I can feel in my being that this is very close.

A little fish vehemently flashing its chromatophores in front of the hungry giant octopus, who is even more dazzling in it's show.
That's the analogy I use. The little fish assumes unwisely that the bigger and obviously more intelligent creature is not only worth a look see, but a poke as well.

First rule of contact with extra terrestrials, is let them do the talking first.
That's my rule by the way.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   
What i got from this video

We need global government
Aliens exist

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by AzazeI
What i got from this video

We need global government
Aliens exist

The only way we will ever achieve a higher state of existence, become god men and travel to the stars is to build a one world Dict,,government.
This is the only way we can survive, and by "we" I mean NOT the six billion plus regular people on earth.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

Yes, I agree. It's called conditioning - the more an idea is stated, in many different contexts, the more people come around to the idea.

Global governance if there was an alien attack.
Our financial markets need global governance to be recycled.
A blended religion is needed - fundamentalists are bad.
Free global trade ..
Global warming...
UN global peacekeeping force.

See, on the face of it, global cooperation is required for more peace and security. We are one planet afterall. I think that most people agree with this-

However, when one group gets to set their ideals, their vision, and their wants over everyone else on the planet.. We get what we have now and what is coming....

This guy is simply a mouthpiece - stating the message of global governance in a different format. The troubling thing is - I don't think this "global group" has created the hardcore belief in aliens/UFOs for nothing. They have not created these "alien channeling groups" for nothing. They have not saturated our MSM for nothing..,

In order to implement their demented ideas behind their vision of utopia, it will require mass panic, destruction and loss of life. They are carefully rewriting history to justify their "Age"...

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   
He isn't sharing factual science...?

He is sharing scientific theories, and assumptions. I do believe he, is convinced of what he says. He's been on this topic for years, something you wouldn't do if you do not have a big interest on it. Especially because he has the background to do different things all together in a heartbeat.

They will overwhelm us...?

Ever seen the movie Battle field Earth ? Battle field Earth ( wiki )

At first our enemies are the communist...Then there will be terrorist... and after that... a threat from outer space.
She tells it way better then me:

Link the video is broken : www.youtube.com...

They are in fact weaponizing space. We know about this : Star Wars : It has begun.

What do we don't know off. I didn't know they were working on a jet capable of mach 20 until they announced it's test flight recently.

If aliens would be anything like us... The will colonize and kill or enslave the native species, or manipulate them to work in a way that will benefit them.

If they are willing to make the journey, they are either desperate looking for a place to live or mine, or they are so advanced that they are on a scientific mission. I don't think any contact would be made when they are on a scientific mission. And when they are desperate... When you are in a battle for survival, How far would you be willing to go...?

Luckily it could all end with something like this :

My advice is to make up your own mind, keep it open for other options though...

Reality could very well be stranger then fiction.

~ Sinter
edit on 8/13/2011 by Sinter Klaas because: You tube mayhem

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

What if they are just a bunch of evil F****, why does it have to be mining, science or anything else?

Maybe they fancy themselves superior in a Nazi-esque way. Maybe they want to rule the universe and don't want Competition to spring up millions of years from now.

Maybe they are just pricks.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   
He is right.

Certainly there are ways to eliminate humanity from far away but why bother?

Ever seen the pure beauty of a solarsystem changed into a breeding facility of genetically modified soldiers in biopods? A technological work of beauty spawning 500.000.000.000.000 soldiers every year. That's more than enough to shockwave a single planet into submission within a week or two.
edit on 13-8-2011 by AncientShade because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by AncientShade

Once back in 2002 I accidentally ingested some very old and moldy whey protein after working out and it was shortly after that I saw the pure beauty of a solarsystem changed into a breeding facility of genetically modified soldiers in biopods. Upon returning to earth and telling my story.......I was shunned.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by snowen20

Looks like you met my little brothers then. They are still out there even after 'the incident'. They'll be here, probably sooner then later.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

Don't know what to think of this.

Either he knows something or he's just playing the popularity card atm.

I have a lot of respect for what this guy has to say, but he's still a theoretical physicist.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by snowen20

You're right !

I forgot to add that option... They could simply enjoy wiping out other species.

I mean people also enjoy this so...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join