It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michio Kaku: If Space Aliens Attack They Will Overwhelm Us In The Opening Shots Of A War! 12/08/11

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
wow, i usually respect Kaku's presentations and he had me going until these two sentences were too close together for my comfort. I call poorly presented propaganda or possibly, an introduction to project BlueBeam.

as best i remember "they'll overtake us in the opening shots" - ok
but then he goes to indicate that we would "evaluate their weaponry" - really?
this theory implies we have no chance from the get go BUT somehow we'd have time to evaluate their weaponry ?
sorry, not buying it.
personally, i think he's right on the first declaration ... we don't even understand our own magnetism

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Goddamn, Michio! I was truly a fan of his until the missile off the coast incident. A plane, suuure. Also, appearing on the most blatant propaganda network, fox news, lowers his credibility considerably. Now pushing this ufo invasion panic message bs as a means to add another distraction from the theft being perpetrated against the working class is shameful. Lucky enough his older stuff is backed by other more serious scientists and even ancient cultures or I would seriously start discarding quantum and string theory plus others such as the parallel/multidimensional and holographic theories. Michio! How the great have fallen!

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
If hostile aliens wanted to overwhelm us, they would not even have to land. All they would need to do is nudge a large enough asteroid to impact the earth, wait a hundred years for the dust to settle, and then take it. We would have gone the way of the dinosaur.

I do like Michio Kaku though for popularizing science the way he does. Communicating complex ideas so anyone can understand them is definitely a skill he has.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Nicolas Flamel

Communicating complex ideas so anyone can understand them is definitely a skill he has.

Yes, agree. But this is not complex ideas, is kind very simple. Why so much on this?

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by cripmeister

Have you even read the book, I own it, has nothing to do with aliens.

I don't know what your suggesting but this physicist has remarkable knowledge on a vast amount of topics and that book has nothing to do with aliens or alien invasions, that book your 'promoting' with that post is about technology being developed in current laboratories and military programs to change the future of earth.

His discussions on alien life are mind blowing and I for the most part agree with what hes saying in these videos, however its hard to say if personally i'll ever face this situation in my lifetime. We normal citizens would more likely be impounded and controlled by the government while they direct all operations towards a hostile force anyways leaving us with no control.

edit on 13-8-2011 by Spock Shock because: Because Im An Editor.

edit on 13-8-2011 by Spock Shock because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
"""Aliens would leave us alone because there are uninhabitable planets to get resources"""....

And he has a College Education? The Alien race would have to MINE the uninhabitable planet.....versus Earth they have a pool of slaves to keep mining the planet....Take all the resources on the surface...then annihilate us...leaving just enough to come back in a few thousand years to do it all over again.

We could be slaves of an Alien Race....right now and not even know it. The harvesters could be inbound right now.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

I happen to agree. That's why controlling near space is such a fantastic military strategy.

"High Ground" indeed.

However, if they land first, maybe we could have daycare children cough on them.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

I happen to agree. That's why controlling near space is such a fantastic military strategy.

Apparently Dr Verner Von Braun does not agree with that.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Those reasons are all defensive.

Space based weapons are all SOLD on the idea they are for defensive reasons.

In reality, they suck for defensive capabilities.

I'm not talking about their defensive abilities. If you're the aggressor, space based weapons / weapons launches are perfect.

Now their main problem is that they are prone, in that they can be launched at and bombarded from the ground. And they can be targeted by other near-space technology.

This is where the "thousand points of light" concept wins.

But just keep focusing on the defensive capabilities.
edit on 2011/8/13 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by RUSSO
We all know that nothing appears on TV by chance, each word has a purpose and intent.

Can you give an example in the last 60+ years of television of something appearing on a television show like that Michio Kaku show that everyone can obviously see was put there in order to covertly serve some purpose or to condition us?

Have these covert messages and/or conditioning been going on since, say, the very early 1900s through the pre-TV pop-culture like the 1902 silent film Trip to the Moon -- a pop-culture film that featured malevolent alien moon creatures? If so, the why is it taking so long to condition us (almost 110 years since that movie)?

Originally posted by snowen20
What valuable resources do you mean, exactly?
Curious..

Perhaps tin, aluminum, copper, sodium, chlorine, etc -- or maybe one of the other elements that are relatively common on Earth, but may not be as common elsewhere. Perhaps something as ubiquitous as, for example, sodium on Earth is very rare, valuable, and/or vital to some future conquering aliens.

Or maybe they would just want or NEED land, and our planet just happens to be one of those rare planets that has similar conditions (similar atmosphere, gravity, etc) as their home world.

edit on 8/13/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by RUSSO
We all know that nothing appears on TV by chance, each word has a purpose and intent.

What was the purpose and intent of this?

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I agree with what he says that they would take us easily.

The reason why is because if they could get here it would be a miracle and they would be so much more advanced than us that anything we threw at them would be like fighting with slingshots. The problem for them is the same problem we have...the cant travel far enough to get here and the problem for these stories is why would they with so many other planets. Unless they are coming here for sex.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by IEtherianSoul9

I agree with your post mostly, besides one thing.
How do we know that our resources are valuable to extra-terrestrials?
Perhaps they are a different form of life that doesn't need water.
The metals on our planet aren't really exclusive to Earth, so what would they want?

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowen20

Originally posted by IEtherianSoul9
reply to post by snowen20

GOLD

Gold, and.................?

I hear people say resources a lot, but I wonder if they are considering all the variables that that represents, and on what level an advanced species would have for such minerals.

Depending on technological capability I am not convinced that raw mineral/chemical resources are that big of a deal.

Maybe they see billions of Sheeple here and need food.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

Kaku lost credibility for me a while ago. Something has happened and he now seems to have joined the ranks of the propaganda fear machine.

edit on 13-8-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

Yeh, I feel the same. But he rise some questions I found interisting.

Have a great weekend W

edit on 13-8-2011 by RUSSO because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by cluckerspud

Well he must have paid a channel station to put this comercial on air. So...

Is not his intent to sell something?

edit on 13-8-2011 by RUSSO because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

i shall check this show out, s&f for you!

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Actually I know there is alot of dislike for planetary governance on this planet but honestly I don't see us being part of any kind of interplanetary community until one world governance becomes a reality.
What would an advanced race of being want to do with a bunch of primitive beings constantly engaged in tribal warfare. Our governmental systems would appear to be too unstable to maintain relations and trading with.
Its the same reason why we don't let certain nations into the UN.
Plus we wont have large scale exploration of space until we put aside our differences anyways as it will take the efforts and resources of the entire planet to achive such a feat. Also more money is spent on warfare than education and space travel combined.
so unless space travel is a military endeavor to which currently there is no purpose for doing so, don't expect life to be like star trek in the next hundred years or so.
One world governance is the next step in the evolution of society. At our current rate it will never happen. Think about it. Which nation would said government trade with? Where would economic growth come.from? Which enemy would our militaries fight? The answers are none, nowhere and nobody. Unless there are other races to deal with. We can barely get along with the people of our neighborhoods. How the he'll would we get along in space or even planet wide for that matter.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen
reply to post by RUSSO

Kaku lost credibility for me a while ago. Something has happened and he now seems to have joined the ranks of the propaganda fear machine.

edit on 13-8-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

I agree with you on this.

It is like he is telling an educated fairytale......The way he moves and the tone of his voice......It entrances you....

I really think he has turned into a media whore....(this is my own opinion and do not wish to push it on anybody)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join