It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michio Kaku: If Space Aliens Attack They Will Overwhelm Us In The Opening Shots Of A War! 12/08/11

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
He's just overused. He's human, flawed; like the rest of us. He is knowledgeable, but many people are.

We're tribal at our core. We won't have peace on this planet without some kind of global governance. What has happened for the nations has to happen for the planet.

But as someone else here has said, who will we trade with when we finally attain global governance? Who will be our enemy for our military to fight against and to warn us about?

I have an answer for that person. Our enemies will be humans on other planets and in space colonies. We will trade with allied factions. Eventually we will attempt to form a UN for the solar system. That might possibly happen after a large scale war erupts - like WWII.

The whole solar system will be like the US was before a strong government formed. But I suspect that the temporal scale will limit the rate at which factions come together. It depends. If our technology continually advances and we soon travel from mercury to pluto in days or weeks, it may be possible. But I believe travel must be measured in minutes or hours to have a practical solar system government. A UN is certainly possible, but a UN is not a global governance.
edit on 13-8-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen
reply to post by RUSSO

Kaku lost credibility for me a while ago. Something has happened and he now seems to have joined the ranks of the propaganda fear machine.

edit on 13-8-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

They get to everyone. Others include the two below. Anyone familiar will be able to tell how they changed when they left CNN and moved to Fox.

A similar thing happened to Lou Dobbs
www.huffingtonpost.com...

Interesting, accuse the network of being related to the attack and then join them?

Dobbs declared in the most urgent tone that "Three weeks ago this morning a shot was fired at my house," and that the shots "followed weeks and weeks of threatening phone calls." Dobbs went on to link the alleged attack to a vast Latino conspiracy made up of Fox News' Geraldo Rivera, LULAC, the National Council of La Raza and other "ethnocentric interest groups," groups that he says are "creating an atmosphere" that led to the alleged phone threats and supposed attack.

Glenn Beck, FEMA Camps - "They're making me say this.. help!!!"
www.youtube.com...
edit on 13-8-2011 by MasterGemini because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Regarding the topic:

Yes. They would overwhelm us. There wouldn't even be a war. We wouldn't even have time to notice that they were coming. We wouldn't even have time to gain the FEELING of being overwhelmed because we would be obliterated that fast. If an alien race wanted to obliterate us, why would they use a disease? It would take time (granted, maybe not a LOT of time, but it would take time.) Why would they just hover over the streets and wait for us to destroy ourselves? That would give us time to fight back. They would show up before we ever knew about it, and we would be destroyed without ever knowing how or why.

Cheers.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spock Shock
reply to post by cripmeister

Have you even read the book, I own it, has nothing to do with aliens.

No I haven't. Is it any good?

I don't know what your suggesting but this physicist has remarkable knowledge on a vast amount of topics and that book has nothing to do with aliens or alien invasions, that book your 'promoting' with that post is about technology being developed in current laboratories and military programs to change the future of earth.

His discussions on alien life are mind blowing and I for the most part agree with what hes saying in these videos, however its hard to say if personally i'll ever face this situation in my lifetime. We normal citizens would more likely be impounded and controlled by the government while they direct all operations towards a hostile force anyways leaving us with no control.

I also enjoy listening to Kaku, he tells me stuff that I want to hear
But every time his face appears in the MSM it's about promotion. Kaku is a businessman like it or not.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Michio Kaku is trying too hard to be this generation's Carl Sagan. However, if someone "tries" to become Carl Sagan, they will probably fail.

I like listening to Kaku sometimes, but I think he definitely dumbs down things way too much in his attempt to appeal to the masses, just like Carl Sagan appealed to the masses. However, Carl Sagan could make his knowledge accessible to the masses without dumbing down that knowledge.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by snowen20

IMO there is only 1 resource of value to ET'S and that would be biological resources.
They have no need of minerals,why bother destroying us for them,there are far more richer,more easily axcessable resuorces scattered throughout the cosmos.Hell why bother mining them,just make them from energy,remember ET is far more advanced than humans on this planet.

We have nothing they could possible want except for biological organisims.

If "IF" ET did attack us then theres jack,anyone can do about it.in this case "Resistance Is Futile"

edit on 14-8-2011 by hrmmm because: additional comment

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by hrmmm
IMO there is only 1 resource of value to ET'S and that would be biological resources...

Like I said before, perhaps an alien race could find the whole Earth itself to be valuable if the Earth has an atmosphere and gravity similar to an alien race's home planet. I would guess a planet with a similar atmosphere and gravity to the Earth would be relatively rare, and if they needed a place to expand their race, the Earth would be of great value to them.

I'm not saying this is happening today -- I'm just using a "what if" scenario to illustrate how the Earth could be of interest to a potential alien race.

edit on 8/14/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
he's a smart guy, but he is also a media whore. he would probably go on sesame street to explain how the sun rises for a buck

and yes, an alien attack would be devastating, and no, you can't hack into the mothership with a laptop (running windows no less, lol )

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

Originally posted by hrmmm
IMO there is only 1 resource of value to ET'S and that would be biological resources...

Like I said before, perhaps an alien race could find the whole Earth itself to be valuable if the Earth has an atmosphere and gravity similar to an alien race's home planet. I would guess a planet with a similar atmosphere and gravity to the Earth would be relatively rare, and if they needed a place to expand their race, the Earth would be of great value to them.

I'm not saying this is happening today -- I'm just using a "what if" scenario to illustrate how the Earth could be of interest to a potential alien race.

edit on 8/14/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

What if the aliens are plant based? Breathe CO2...maybe they're here waiting....waiting for us to expire ourselves...intervening the nukes to save this planet for themselves?

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I'll write this again what the heck, there are Beings here in the deepest of our waters they consider Earth their's, you need to reallize ALIENS are just as Terrestrial as you and I but they can also be considered Extraterrestrial because they can travel this great Universe

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I always liked Michio Kaku's explanation of type 0-3 civilizations with us being 0. We today have technology to detect other planets in that Goldilocks zone as a possibility for life. If all this rings true then it's possible that a type 3 has already detected Earth! They could be already among us and we wouldn't even know it. I imagine that as our technology grows and it will, that the truth cannot be hidden forever, their presence now only eludes us simply because they are more advanced. They may have a more sinister plan, to wipe us out so they can have mother Earth for themselves. If that was the case, then I imagine it would be done biological. Why destroy an entire planet when it's just man they intend to get rid of? We should question our government and the more it hides the more we don't trust it. Underground bunkers for only a chosen few, while the rest get swept away from a biological disease. These things we should be weary and cautious of. I am sure that depopulation has been brought to the table behind closed doors.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join