It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meet the Global Financial Elites Controlling $46 Trillion In Wealth

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   
And this is the problem with the monetary system, its scary how on the same planet %50 of all the people live under $2 a day, while there are people that hoard billions for themselves.

That 46T could do a lot of good for the human species, maybe even solve the clean water/food/healthcare issues of a good bit of the world.

Or they can keep it for themselves and buy $200,000 cars every week in their 15 mansions, helping nobody but themselves live dream lives.

I guess since they earned it that just makes it perfectly okay to own all the money and lower the quality of life for the rest of the world.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   
This thread reeks of envy and jealousy.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   
A total free market doesn't work. Than you get a modern slave society. A modern equivalent to ancient Rome or Egypt (or the USA before the civil war when their was still slavery). When millions have to work themselves to death so that few rich get richer. Than only a small group benefits from the likes of society, while others (who still do a great part of the hard work) are completely underpaid and don't benefit of all. In modern times there is still some way of slavery. In the US live very rich people, when on the other hand about 17% lives below poverty level. I think those 17% should at least enjoy the basic needs of live. And without help from the state that isn't going to happen in total free market of capoitalist state.
A total communist system works neither. Than their is no need to innovate. In Soviet Russia there was by example no need to develop new cars. The GAZ car was built for decades without real innovation because there was no need to innovate. And ultimately that fails.

So at the end it has to be somewhere in the middle. A capitalist state with social elements in it. Like by example in amny countries in Europe. There are also (very) rich people. But on the other hand the other people in those countries still enjoy at least the basic needs of life. Like at least a good health care and live above poverty level. That only the rich can afford healthcare is ultimately denying countrymen the right to even excist. Sounds like modern fascism. So at the end it's in capitalist economies the state that has to ensure that all people in that country at least enjoy a basic quality of life.

To say that those who live below poverty level don't work hard enough is a stupid remark. In a capitalist state there will always be some kind of class devide. Their is no room for everyone to become a billionaire. Their is no room for 300 million Microsoft enterprices by example. So that means that there never will be 300 million billionaires how hard they work for it.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   
It is sickening that the U.S. very rich are hording all the wealth while 85% of working families are suffering.

I am very upset about this and we need to change our politics and our economic system.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by aceshootn

lets not confuse normal hard working millionaires with the ultra rich and elite. people have the right to chase their dream of becoming wealthy, but when their wealth becomes so great and their influence penetrates the so called democratic system where their opinions and influence strip away your rights then its a problem.

there are too many incidents where huge corporations abuse their power and erode our freedoms. A more mild example is

Google, driving cars with cameras up your street showing pictures of YOUR home to anyone who decides they might fancy a look inside while on top of that snooping on your wifi including if it is secured and any passwords and logins you may have, downloading your location information from your beloved android phone and sending it un-encrypted back to good old google for safe keeping and information harvesting and selling your details from gmail, web searches etc to the highest bidder. YOUR information... not theirs.. its theft on a grand scale making them billions. bye bye freedom and privacy so some fat cat can make a billions and invest in yet more ways to remove and freedoms and privacy you might once of had...oh i almost forgot about how they illegaly manipulate search results so your internet experience is how THEY decide it should be.

Bankers who illegally miss-sold bad debt as AAA credit and made millions in bonuses doing so causing the financial meltdow. did any of them have to pay back their bonuses or go to jail? i dont think so but plz correct me if im wrong. They are probably on of only a few groups who did not feel the effects of the financial hardship we are all experiencing even though they were the ones who were responsible (they still have their millions in bonuses in the bank after all).

last but not least the FDA trying to jail Dr Burzynski who had discovered a miricle cure for cancer, but he owned the patents and so there was no profit in it for the FDA so they tried to jail him, stopped treatment to his patients with no consideration to their wellbeing and then tried to patent HIS research each time they took him to court (at tax payers expense) diabolical. The cancer trade in America is a trillion dollar industry and no number of human lives is worth losing that meal ticket. His video is posted somewhere in ATS and its the most shocking thing I have seen in years. Why no one went to jail for this is anyones guess as it is nothing short of criminal.

This is just a few examples of why huge corporations are bad including thier ultra rich elite masters.....enough said
edit on 13-8-2011 by Scott495 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by aceshootn

Jealous and envy? I'm not jealous of the good fortunes of the next man believe me, but what I don't like is the population being bled to death financially and seeing everything that they've ever worked for, mean absolutely nothing. When you apply for a loan with the bank, they automatically ask you what that money is for. Yet when they take your money, you don't have a bloody clue where it's going. These power hungry Elites make me sick. One of the Rothshilds had a birthday bash a few weeks ago. The bill for the drinks went over £100,000. There's a saying,some people have more money than sense. Aint that the truth!

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Jrocbaby

if i could star you six or seven times i would. I think that is the elephant in the room that no one wants to address. It's not about anything more than every civilization that has used a monetary system backed by fiat paper has failed. Too many people scurrying around trying to find an answer to a question that history has answered time and time again. Until we grow up and start truely caring for one another as a species, shed the shackles of a monetary system and come together to better not just ourselves or our families, but every creature on earth, any change we make is doomed. Not saying i have the answer to how it could be done, I can just see that it must be done. we must mature AS A SPECIES not just a nation or a race. Move beyond fiat money systems and begin working on furthering our knowledge in technology and spirituality. We must move on from planet earth and the human races deplorable past. Otherwise we are just waiting for the planet to die and trying to climb as far as we can up the pile of human carcasses these failed systems and ways of thinking leave in their wake.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

each citizen's share of this debt is $46,893.43.

I can probably put this on a few credit cards if I split it up, but I will have to raise my debt ceiling to do it. I wont have any additional income to pay it off so I'll have to leave one or two cards to handle the interest.

I am a commissioned sales person. I only make money when people are willing to spend money. You can see what a sinking ship I am sailing.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by kykweer
reply to post by cwilson

The bill gates foundation is the largest charity organization in the world isn't it?

We have heard it all before, especially from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, which has been pushing for the whole world to be vaccinated for many years now (www.naturalnews.com...). It is clear that Gates and his supporters will stop at nothing until every nation in the world is funding his vaccine campaigns, despite the fact that many of the vaccines being pushed come with a whole slew of devastating side effects, and do not necessarily provide any proven benefit (www.naturalnews.com...).

Learn more: www.naturalnews.com...

It's kind of hard for me to see any good that the Bill And Melinda Gates Foundation may do when this is they type of stuff that THEY prioritize. Coupled with the fact that they bought 500,000 shares of Monsanto (what are they doing to make our world better? GMO? More Agent Orange?), they support the likes of Goldman Sachs, and POPULATION REDUCTION is a stated goal of theirs. What gives them the right to decide who gets to have kids and who gets sterilized?

If you think it's okay for them to force vaccines on third world countries (again, to curb population), then you must agree that it's okay for them to force said vaccines on your neighbor. And you. And your family. Are you okay with that?

If not, that's okay. They've been working on genetically modified mosquitos to deliver the vaccines to you anyway:

In addition to funding Monsanto, the Gates Foundation has also funded the development of genetically modified mosquitoes. The mosquitoes, developed by the University of Queensland, are modified to stop the spread of a virus carried by the insects. This technology also allows scientists to modify the insects in other ways, such as engineering the mosquito to produce a vaccine in their saliva. The National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases in Bethesda is currently working on a transgenic mosquito that is essentially a mobile vaccination. If it is successfully implemented, unsuspecting targets will be injected with a vaccination, even if the person is opposed to the science behind most vaccinations.

Learn more: www.naturalnews.com...

Do I think that taxing these foundations and the super wealthy who control them would fix anything? No. The system is fictional. The economy of paper money is fictional. What needs to happen is people need to turn their backs to the system all together, start connecting with one another, and adhere to the law of creation - which is to live in love, in service to the creation. Start treating people as you would like to be treated. Serve others as yourself, and others will serve you in the same way. We don't need these fancy foundations or any "group" to "fix" our problems. WE need to fix our problems. And we need to do that by acknowledging the real problem, and not the symptoms. The problem is that the entire system is corrupt. And the ONLY way to fix that is to step away from the system. Start building up the community around you, and look out for one another like you would look out for your own family. If we can get even 10% of the population doing this, it would then catch like wildfire and then TPTB instantly turn into TPTUTB and we can start living as free human beings are supposed to live - in abundance.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
It doesn't matter what dynamic you place it in, less people having more money cannot be better for a consumer economy than more people having more money.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
when people finally grow a set, they can organise (instead of complain) and take actual physical action. Go march on the elite's compounds and take what they took. I'm sure once they see 90% of the population, they'll willingly hand over everything.

Unfortunately, 1% of this American population won't even stand up for their freedom from an oppressive terrorist regime controlling and destroying this land.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Don't worry, there will be a day of reckoning to be sure. They will push things too far and the masses will snap. The poor will revolt against the rich and a revolution will engulf the west. At least that seems to be the direction we're heading.

I wouldn't have a problem with people being wealthy as long as they paid their share, which they don't. Revolution is the only thing that will change the system. Because right now the system works for them, because they are the ones who set up the system

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I agree that the cycle will increase and get worse. Much of that money that is stored away is used to make more money, and much of it will never get re-infused into the economy. I can't believe there are some of you who find nothing wrong with the fact that less than 1% of the population controls almost half the wealth. Do you think all those loopholes and tax breaks for the rich were put there by accident?

The only real solution is to become a member of Congress. Become a puppet, then say how everything is better this way. It is laughable.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
This is how the seeds of revolution are planted.

They know something that we don't know. They know that we expect to be poor. We expect bills that we cannot pay to come along. We expect our cars to break down and we expect the plumbing to back up. We know without a doubt that when we turn on the news that we will see that crime is rampant in our cities. We will see that there are children and adults starving. We expect these things and we accept these things as things we cannot control. We give hours of our attention on projects to mend these dire situations. And always its to the dance of two steps forward and one step back. We expect this to happen and we deal with it. Here's something else they know. They know that we expect them to keep on accumulating wealth. They depend on it. They depend on us being aware of their wealth. They want our attention to be on their accumulation of wealth while we also devote a good amount of our attention to being poor. They expect us to do this. They have no doubt that we will.

What they expect. They expect that each day they will wake in a light filled room. Their kitchen will have what ever food they desire. They expect that the refrigerator will hold all of the things they like to eat.
They expect that after they eat they can enjoy a steam shower . They just know without a doubt that when they open their closets they will have their pick of what ever designer clothes they might want. They expect that they will arrive at their place of business in a car driven by someone they pay to do it. They expect to have a posh office where they can monitor their income throughout the day. They expect this to be because that is the reality they have always known. They believe in their ability to accumulate wealth and NEVER worry about not having enough. They give hours of their attention to the accumulation of wealth. They dance forward and never back step.

A revolution if it is to come needs to start with what we pay attention to. We need to start seeing ourselves as equals to the ones believing themselves to be elite. That is their belief and we foster it. If we see that we are equal to them, just another soul who will live and who will die, if we see ourselves as just as worthy and can keep our attention on that, minds will change. A little at a time because deep seated beliefs are just that, deep seated, like a dandelions root, they go down deep. If we can take a moment each day and just appreciate ourselves for being alive and part of this whole big universe, if we can look at another and see the uniqueness and specialness of that person, minds will change. If we can force ourselves to see the good in people, just one moment at a time, minds will change. If we can start thinking that jobs will come. If we expect that jobs will be there when we want, I believe that jobs will come.

Some will think this is a fairy tale. ( they will believe what they give their attention to so this will be true for them) but if you look over what I've said about their daily thoughts and our own you cannot doubt that at least that part is absolutely true.
They know this and they don't want us to know it.
Just remember and appreciate this each and every day.
The same energy of the universe that created them created you too. What ever you perceive that energy to be, the fact is we are here and so are they and we got here somehow so what ever... just know that we came from the same place and are not different. They are not more special then you. You me everyone is just as special, just as deserving, just as able. Approach the world from this perspective and minds will change.
When minds change, the world changes.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
It sickens me to see those defending billionaires vs the suffering working class. The nerve of this scum calling us unintelligent and lazy while the playing field is completely tilted towards the elite's side. So were supposed to start a business out of thin air in this misery and compete with monopolies, "too big to fails" and other politically backed monsters? Are you #ing serious?

Where are the modern Robespierres, Marats and Dantons when you need them?

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by cwilson

I don't wish to start a debate about vaccines but I am a child born in the 50's. I saw school buddies crippled with polio. I knew adults who were wheelchair bound because of it. I lived in NY city as a child. A large population was part of my daily life. I knew people who got this disease. I saw a girl I went to school with, who was healthy and happy and fun, from the time I met her in kindergarten until one fall and winter when we were in second grade where she got sick with polio and left school. I don't know what happened to her. I never saw her again. After vaccines to prevent this disease were common place it went away. I was never sorry to see it go.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by karen61057

I will respect your wish not to get into a debate about vaccines. I will say, however, that I don't believe "all vaccines are bad". But if they have to put the vaccine in a genetically engineered mosquito to deliver it to people, I don't want it. My point when I posted that was not to bash all vaccines, and I'm sorry to hear that you had to witness those things as a youngster. My post was to simply point out that Bill Gates is no saint (as a previous poster said he deserves a statue), his foundation is not the "charitable organization" that many believe it is, and that he does indeed receive benefits from the state (same poster said he received none, as he "pays taxes") that go towards funding depopulation. That, to me, is a problem.

And to all those saying somehow it's okay for 1% to control 40% of the world's wealth... well, that's just sick. Why? Because their parents and grandparents swindled the people of their time out of it? So "finders keepers" or something? Because they do so much good with their wealth? Because, over the past 100 years, as more wealth has been concentrated into fewer hands, the overall quality of life on earth has got better for the masses? Please, enlighten me.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I wonder how many trillions of that alone are assets of the Rockefeller or Rothschild empires?

Perhaps HALF?!

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by aceshootn

Or of pity and concern for those who are terribly out of balance.

Having way too little money and having way too much money brings misery and drugs into your life. period.

The more of them, the more we feel it when they rock the boat. Which is good. We'll eventually react and restore balance.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
I believe that as long as their is one single millionaire in the world people like you would say they are the root of all evil because they simply have more than you.

it's amazing how well Republican propaganda has worked.
yes, those poor millionaire/billionaires... they just are SO misunderstood!

FYI... Republican strategy has always been the redistribution of wealth from the middle class
to the upper class. When the middle class ACTIVELY supports the transfer of their wealth
to a chosen few, that is ONLY because of the amazing power of persuasion.

When your money is gone, having lined the pockets of the wealthy,
don't expect any consideration for the favor you have done them...

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join