It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meet the Global Financial Elites Controlling $46 Trillion In Wealth

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by cleverhans

Gate is nothing more than a con artist. He contributed nothing to the development of the computer. He bought DOS from some kid, who modeled it after UNIX, and then sold it to IBM in what turned out to be the greatest con in history.

Most of the super rich are nothing but ruthless con artists, who have proven that crime does pay.

If the fed gov did its job, and rounded up all the Wall Street crooks, and made them pay for thier crimes, U.S. debt would disappear.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
reply to post by cleverhans

Gate is nothing more than a con artist. He contributed nothing to the development of the computer. He bought DOS from some kid, who modeled it after UNIX, and then sold it to IBM in what turned out to be the greatest con in history.

Most of the super rich are nothing but ruthless con artists, who have proven that crime does pay.

If the fed gov did its job, and rounded up all the Wall Street crooks, and made them pay for thier crimes, U.S. debt would disappear.

Get right on that once we're done worshiping the sociopaths in Forbes magazine.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

I remember all that Gates drama. He was a partner with the early Apple barons. He mirrored the GUI and called it windows. I remember using windows 3.1 and running the disk scanner, which still had the Central Point Software brand in it, then he was sued by Peter Norton (defrag) and Stac Electronics for stealing their HD compression code. He's an underhanded business model. That's why he's so successful

When corporations like that get deeply involved with lobbyists and governments, it spells bad news for us commoners.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Cradle to grave debt for everyone is what the super rich desire.

Reinstate usury laws, renegotiate the trade agreements, and get immigration rates back to normal, as in what it was in the sixties.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

If someone is wealthy and earned it through superior ability, intelligence, education, great idea hard work and endurance all the power to him. Where it becomes unacceptable is when people manipulate governments, exploit corruption, lack integrity and do not respect other human beings it crosses the line.
Unfortunately we have fostered a civilization that is narcissistic, selfish, greedy and has no respect for humanity. We as a society have lost our moral compass and it is going to cost us dearly.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

People point to Bill Gates as an example of a con man. Bill Gates father is the head of Planned Parenthood which makes him a darling of the elite. Doesn't it seem unusual that a company like IBM would buy an operating system without purchasing the rights to the software. This was a gift from the elites.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by 3nlightened

But How can we get our wealth back? How can we revive the Middle Class? The only possible scenario I have thought of that frees the enslaved to minimum wage is to ELIMATE CORPORATIONS AND THEIR ABILITY TO RECORD PROFIT.

Interesting post dude, but since corporations are classified as people well you can do what the system does to every-other person classified a person, and put a plug and cap on that person. But then again the question will come back to who will enforce such a thing, and no doubt the corporation will say that they should be the ones in charge of enforcing themselfs.

And anyways.

Profit is a sh*t word used to increase investment by shareholders. People want to know that their company is doing well, so Accountants unlike me cook the books, make up these huge f*cking ridiculous profit earnings just to convince you as the employee to put money back into your company so the executives see higher dividend checks, while you believe that all those stock options will give you a nice nest egg in the future.

It's funny how if you build it they will come.

In fact you don't even have to build it, all you have to do is insinuate that its being built and they will come and build it.

Your job is to keep there interest focused on there singular motive, call it greed, call it life, call it what you want. It does not matter, reality defines itself as its highest virtue or creed, and its highest creed and virtue is defined by its lowest creed and virtue. You see this chain is only as strong as its weakest link, one follows the other, and one will fall by the other, and so the ants march in tune on the edge of the cliff, never looking down into the chasm.

For them the chasm does not exist, for they do not look down. Only forward, in fact down does not exist for them. For ants the concept of down is the stuff of nightmares, that will stop there march completely in its tracks.

As can be seen by today's age and the populous little excursion into the concept of down, or the warning before the fall, better known today by use of different words, such as the recession before the depression.

Myrmidons they are! All soldiers and warriors to lost causes, marching in tune to there new goal and fate. There looking for the queen to capture and to get the game started. And so there always scouting for new possibilities, and they always go were the finger points, always unquestioning and without scruples, in there march ever forward.

It's all just a question of were does the finger point? Or maybe, if you should be looking at the finger to begin with, no matter were its pointing at. And some say never look at the finger or you will miss all the heavenly glory that its pointing at.

And yet people need to be assured by the magic of the finger pointing, to point them on there path, that's all the finger is and the one who points the finger, just a path finder. And all only to do what they have always done, and that is march ever forward on the edge of the chasm, without knowing that no matter were they go it will always be on the edge and dangerous grounds.

Down and the chasm, for them it does not exist, because they never look down.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
reply to post by TerryMcGuire

There are plenty of people who have made it from being poor to rich so ask youself why some can do it and others can't.

Some people would rather have children or other priorities other than sacrificing what they need to in order to achieve financial security so like I said it's either desire, intelligence, or hard work the poor people are lacking.

I will make a note however that some people are beyond choice. Those with sever handicaps or injuries are unfortunately stuck with limited choices.

Maybe they are lacking those. Or maybe good health. Or opportunity in the ghettos. Or the right color skin. Or simple good luck. Failure and success both have a whole lot to do with these factors as well, at least in the my world. Must be nice in your capitalist, god-blessed utopia.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Bill gates also gives more in charity a year than most rich ppl
edit on 13-8-2011 by TheMur because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
What is wealth?

To some it is money
To some it is power
To some it is knowledge
To some it is health

Wealth means different things to different people in different parts of the world.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow

In total, US millionaire households have at least $45.9 trillion in wealth, the majority of this wealth is held within the upper one-tenth of one percent of the population.
(visit the link for the full news article)

This is the most important fact.
I think the line should be drawn in the correct place if we really want change.
edit on 13-8-2011 by deadeyedick because: gibberish

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
So I have read pretty much read the whole thread. I think what people are failing to realize is this.

The U.S. economy lives on the trickle down effect. That is the rich create jobs and allow the not rich to maintain a living. Yes this is how the U.S. works. That's why the Gov bails out the banks.

As we are now seeing this no longer works. For a lot of very good reasons.

First the rich really could care less about the poor.

Second Their already rich. So what happens to you and I doesn't make a difference. They could sell their business and never have to worry about money. To them. It's he who dies with the most toys wins. He who controls the remote can change the channel.

Third... Those Rich Corporations control our Government in a big kind of way.
IE: If a company would make more money by having a particular law passed. They just donate some money to their favorite politician or caucus. Legislation gets introduced. Corporation A Gives more to Gov Groups to work harder. Laws get passed. They call this Lobbying. It's completely legal and happens all the time. Big Corporations "donate" money to certain causes and politicians constantly. This is not how our elected officials were supposed to work. But to my dismay it does. Bribery by the Rich to control the gov is the way I look at it.

see here... What companies donate money to certain parties.

With the trickle down effect in America no longer working. What do we do?

Yup I'm gonna tell ya. We need to use the trickle up theory. Give American People the Bail outs next time.

Some of us may die from a drug over dose or two. But in general American People would start to spend their money. They would open local businesses. Hire employees. Pay of Bank Mortgages, school loans, Cars and yes they would go out to dinner, Buy a new flat screen.

The problem right now is the money is running the wrong way. Money recirculates in the economy either way. However us poor folk get pretty happy when we can pay off our bills and can get a few needs taken care of. Maybe buy ourselves something nice.

Either way the banks will get their money. The big corporations will also get their money. The Gov. Will get their money. Overdue Taxes, Defaulted School loans. Yes everyone would make out. Well except one.

Banks. Banks would loose their @sses on the interest that is owed on their bank loans. But everyone else would make out.

Do you know why the trickle up effect would never work? Because banks don't want to lose the interest owed on your debt. That is the only reason.

Recirculate the money differently and the Economy will thrive. If you continue to bail out big companies, that continue to misspend their bail out money and your gonna get the same thing we have gotten before. More debt.

The definition of insanity. Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. If there is no change. There can be only insanity.

Just my thoughts.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadeyedick

In total, US millionaire households have at least $45.9 trillion in wealth, the majority of this wealth is held within the upper one-tenth of one percent of the population.
(visit the link for the full news article)

This is the most important fact.
I think the line should be drawn in the correct place if we really want change.

Thanks for bringing us back to the meat, deadeye.

To recap:

In total, US millionaire households have at least $45.9 trillion in wealth,

The majority of this wealth is held within the upper one-tenth of one percent of the population.

The Wealthy Live Without Government.

In 2000, of the world's 100 largest economic entities, 51 were corporations and 49 were countries.

Then, the world's nations went deeply into debt to bail out major corporations after the "Global Financial Crisis" in 2008.

Now, most nations are basically bankrupt, a few global corporations have all the money and power, and

The controlling stocks (and the planet) now are owned by just a few major shareholders - the upper one-tenth of one percent of the population.

All trade agreements now include key terms created for the US-Canada FTA - and establish the legal framework for global corporate government, with NO human, civil or other rights for individual people, just corporate rights.

Thinktanks are concerned with how global corporations and nations' governments integrate - some are trying to ensure that everything goes according to the corporate plan; others are trying to mitigate the effects of global control, protect nations' integrity and secure human and civil rights for individual people.

One thinktank is CSIS - I just tripped over a few documents in a recent search. Interesting stuff, worth reading and saving for future reference. Here are a few clips from the website to consider.

the Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS) provides strategic insights and policy solutions to decisionmakers in government, international institutions, the private sector, and civil society. …headquartered in Washington, DC, CSIS conducts research and analysis and develops policy initiatives that look into the future and anticipate change.

SEVEN REVOLUTIONS is a project at the Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS) to identify and analyze the key policy challenges that policymakers, business figures, and other leaders will face out to the year 2030.

Revolution 7: Governance
What is the role of leaders, corporations and NGO's in this new environment?

Needless to say, the corporate plan: a) does NOT want individual people to have any legal rights; b) wants national governments to buffer between the global corporate government and 'the people,' and to front for corporate interests; and c) does NOT want any other agencies, interests, unions, powers or anything involved.

The Future of Global Governance

we now live in a world where true power lies beyond the hands of traditional government. …Strategic coalitions consisting of governments, corporations, NGOs, and academic institutions will need to be stood up in order to mount an effective response and to capitalize on important opportunities.

Corporate Citizenship…

~ sofi

edit on 13/8/11 by soficrow because: (no reason given)

edit on 13/8/11 by soficrow because: format!!!

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Wow that's a lot of money.
Couldn't those rich folks simply donate a TON of that money to....regular Joes and Joans? The rich folks would still be super rich and the regular Joes and Joans (the people doing the actual WORK to make a meager living) could stimulate the economy and perhaps improve the quality of life for EVERYONE in the long run?

The rich simply might have to put off buying that 700 million dollar vase at their next "Super and Ultra Rich Folks Auction for the Super and Ultra Rich (No Poor People Allowed)" and as a result would simply not be able to brag about owning a 700 million dollar vase to the 'Richerson' family down the lane?

Bad idea?

Cheers

edit on 13-8-2011 by Qemyst because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
unfortunately, threads like this are used as fuel for the fire of revolution but the stakes have been changed for a vast majority of the people. race is being used to fuel the fight behind the scenes, particularly between the poor and middle class. this results in the people who do have lots of money, walking away from the scene unscathed while the racist, class based riots in the lower eschelons battle it out. typically characterized by the machinery that fueled the system (the middle class) being robbed and killed. normally you'd think history would prove just how effective this is for overthrowing governments, but how ineffective the resulting replacement truly is, for the people. the new paradigm, however, is that the poor do not care if it is replaced by something worse, because they're being taught that the REAL problem is the white people. and if they just kill the white guy down the street, all will be well with the world.

as one african gentleman told me, after i pointed out that neither i, nor my family, have ever been rich, (paraphrasing) "well that just means you're a double loser. you lose because white people are satan spawn and will be wiped off the planet , and you lose because you can't make it in the devil's world either. that makes you a loser twice over."

essentially what this means is, the anger that's been bred into and brain washed into and entitlement-ed into the black population is there for the express purpose -- not to deprive the truly rich of their wealth, but to drive the caucasian population to extinction. the fact some of the richest people are black, makes no difference to these people. all they care about is "get whitey."

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
sofi,

i'd like your comments on my post above. although i know you are trying to show that we are seeing signs of a fascist state, i just want you to understand the underlying implications of any resulting revolution. you may think it is to stop fascism, but ultimately, the race riots that follow such things don't end very well for the vast majority of the poor and middle class. in effect, we're being played like living chess pieces.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by wantsome
The should call it trickle up economics. I think we should linch the up 1% and redistribute the wealth. There aint no way they could stop 150 million of us.

Just depends on the semantics.

It could be Trickle down from the 1% too, hence all the pee-on's.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheMur
reply to post by kro32

Charities owned by him or other elite zillionaires created for the purpose of making

Bill-ionaire look good while he works behind the scenes to destroy the human race

in favor of their own kind. Anyways, if he really gave that much to charity, don't

you think Africa would be much better off, they're still starving to death. And, if Bill

was really a smart guy who loved helping people, don't you think he'd have done

something to fix the economy so that Everyone could live above poverty level?

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by awareness10

Originally posted by TheMur
reply to post by kro32

Charities owned by him or other elite zillionaires created for the purpose of making

Bill-ionaire look good while he works behind the scenes to destroy the human race

in favor of their own kind. Anyways, if he really gave that much to charity, don't

you think Africa would be much better off, they're still starving to death. And, if Bill

was really a smart guy who loved helping people, don't you think he'd have done

something to fix the economy so that Everyone could live above poverty level?

part of the problem in africa is the drug economy dictates quite a bit. like UN volunteers who bring in food and medicine and try to help them establish a society, end up being robbed and killed, and the materials meant for the poor are used against them by the drug lords, who use it as black mail to get the poor to run their drugs and other crimes.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

That's true, yes. But i tend to believe the elite are also behind

the evolution of the drug cartel. They hook people up on drugs

then make them feel mighty by giving them the illusion of power.

It's just like the Entertainment Industry. People at the top would

never give up their wealth power or status.

.... on another note: your signature mentions stargates. I used to have
an old black and white photo in Egypt dated sometime around the
early 20's maybe 30's, and some guys carrying what looked like a stargate.
I've been trying to locate it without any luck, do you know anything about it?
edit on 14-8-2011 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join