It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meet the Global Financial Elites Controlling $46 Trillion In Wealth

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

i'd like your comments on my post above. although i know you are trying to show that we are seeing signs of a fascist state, i just want you to understand the underlying implications of any resulting revolution. you may think it is to stop fascism, but ultimately, the race riots that follow such things don't end very well for the vast majority of the poor and middle class. in effect, we're being played like living chess pieces.

Hi undo - First off, my OP wrote itself - was googling that one-liner about "close your eyes and think of the Queen," and hit the rape stats. …Too good to ignore, uncomfortably applicable, but perhaps a tad irresponsible.

I don't think we're seeing 'signs' of a fascist state. Trade agreements have established the terms for global corporate government: corporate rights are enshrined and protected; individual humans' civil rights are annihilated.

Note that I am talking about the 0.01% who hold all the wealth - personally and as majority shareholders - and who have so much money and power that they literally run the world, via "corporate states." …I really do not get the focus on Bill Gates - he's a newcomer, does not have the wealth or drag for the uber-league, and is one of the few who is trying to be a responsible "corporate citizen." However he may have started or 'got there.'

Actually, I'd like to talk about corporate states versus nation states. But I digress.

I do agree we're being played - by masters. Any and every group, clique and caucus is just an opportunity to be targeted and twisted - and yes, the main game is to turn the pawns and 'pee-ons' against one another. It's a tried and true strategy, you're right.

Race is only one skirmish - "they" are playing Christians against Jews and Muslims in an unbelievably effective circle-jerk; they're pitting mothers against career women, conservatives aginst liberals, straights against gays, hockey fans against football fans. Anything that works.

The strategy is to promote largely artificial identities, push people to 'choose' only one, focus on the differences between identifiable groups, manufacure conflict, and create crises. …Sorry that your experiences and exposures have led you to conclude it's all about "get whitey" - but it's not. Any identifiable allegiance is manipulated, as is its 'opposition'.

Re: Class. You are right - the middle class is the machinery that fueled the system, and historically, they take the heat. You may find some solace in the fact that the middle class is now all but obliterated; most have joined the ranks of the 'poor' and likely won't be targeted despite their role in establishing this new regime.

However, millionaires are the 'new middle class'. And as we're seeing on this thread - most people don't get the difference between garden variety millionaire-billionaires and the uber-wealthy anonymous governing class.

…As a side note - interesting that lawmakers want to make Internet anonymity illegal for ordinary people - but there's no way to track corporate ownership or discover the individual identities of our uber-wealthy ruling class.

It's now legal for money and power to remain anonymous. The anti-monopoly laws created by America's founding fathers are effectively gone - soon to be replaced with anti-anonymity laws for ordinary people. Think about it.

PS. I would appreciate it if you would respond to my previous post.

edit on 14/8/11 by soficrow because: add ps

edit on 14/8/11 by soficrow because: oops

edit on 14/8/11 by soficrow because: format

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow
Re: Class. You are right - the middle class is the machinery that fueled the system, and historically, they take the heat. You may find some solace in the fact that the middle class is now all but obliterated; most have joined the ranks of the 'poor' and likely won't be targeted despite their role in establishing this new regime.

However, millionaires are the 'new middle class'. And as we're seeing on this thread - most people don't get the difference between garden variety millionaire-billionaires and the uber-wealthy anonymous governing class.

This is exactly what I wanted to talk about.

I keep seeing this "top 1%" bs, but this seems to be but a means to get the poor fighting the few remaining middle class people, ie class warfare.

Instead of focusing on who/what really counts, this "top 1%" we keep hearing is trying to get us to fight each other.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

It's the top 0.01%, not the top 1% - far fewer people pulling our chains... There are lots of layers and buffers between us and them though. And yeah - they DO manipulate us to fight one another. ...They really don't want us to find out who they are and take away their power.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Certainly there is an endless amount of corruption and greed among the rich but their are also many self made people who achieved what they have. I would suggest if people are feeling so controlled that they join the wealthy and become one themselves.

It's not hard and if you are not rich or not in the process of becoming wealthy you lack one of three things:

The desire

The intelligence

The hard work

People need to ask themselves which of those areas they are failing in and address that instead of shifting blame to those that have already made it.

You forgot Kissing A$$$ and being part of the "In-Crowd"

If you do not then the "Elite" will strangle you with red tape.

The following excerpt is the true reality of trying to start or run a small business in the USA today. ATS members gave their personal experiences HERE

John Munsell & A Trip To The Woodshed With The USDA

One day, a long, long time ago, Big John noticed something amiss. Contaminated meat was coming in the back door of his very small plant. “That’s not right,” he thought and called the authorities.

They arrived ready to right a wrong; after all, that was what they are paid to do, an earnest and dedicated group of men and women charged with safeguarding much of America’s food supply.

An inspector, armed with many official looking pieces of paper, looked Big John in the eye and said, “Assume the position!”

John was frisked. The authorities stopped just short of a full body cavity search. It was a very thorough exam.

“Wait,” protested Big John. “The meat came in with bad stuff already on it. I didn’t put it there. Go after the people who sent it to me!”

“Obviously you don’t understand the way we do things around here,” chuckled the inspector who was amused by Big John’s apparent naivety. “We found the bad stuff in your possession; therefore you have to be the bad guy.”

John was frisked again. This time, the authorities included a full body cavity search. It was VERY thorough exam...... SOURCE

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Its all the greed and corruption that has ruin this country. The little people standard of living continues to drop while the rich keep getting richer. If the ultra rich don't think they should pay more taxes the only thing left for us little people to do is force the system to crash sooner. The rich people have more to lose then us little people.

Any big corporation that shows x % net profit should be force to pay taxes. They shouldn't be able to write off money spent on R&D or bad investments.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Just found a very interesting article called Welcome to World War III.

The premise is that World War III is already underway - it's a war between the richest one-tenth of one percent of the global population and 99.9 percent of humanity.

Analysis of Financial Terrorism in America: Over 1 Million Deaths Annually, 62 Million People With Zero Net Worth, As the Economic Elite Make Off With $46 Trillion

…Despite increasing personal financial hardship, most Americans remain unaware of the economic world war currently unfolding. An all-pervasive corporate and government propaganda campaign has effectively obscured this blatant reality. After extensive analysis, it is evident that World War III is a war between the richest one-tenth of one percent of the global population and 99.9 percent of humanity. Or, as I have called it, The Economic Elite Vs. The People. This war has been a one-sided attack thus far. However, as we have seen throughout the world in recent months, the people are beginning to fight back. …

Within the United States, the technocratic suppression of the population has been extensive. Increasingly severe economic and governmental policies have systematically eroded civilian wealth, power and rights. Intensive propaganda has effectively distracted, confused, isolated, marginalized and divided the US population. Despite the success of these efforts thus far, given the severe, prolonged, unsustainable and escalating level of economic suffering, outbreaks of civil unrest are inevitable. The US population, if a critical mass is reached, represents the greatest threat to the Economic Elite. In this regard, the American people are their primary adversary.

reply to post by undo

GREAT article, well worth reading - and the book it's based on sounds like a must-read too: "The Road Through 2012: Revolution or World War III" by David DeGraw.

CORRECTION. Oops, have been writing 0.01% above - should be 0.1%.

edit on 14/8/11 by soficrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Just another liberal whiner who hates rich people for being successful.

Maybe if the militant liberal left got a job, they wouldn't be whining about those who do work.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ARealandTrueAmerican

Not a whiner or hater. And judging by his website, it looks like he works his butt off.

Check it out: daviddegraw.org...

...I'm just getting hits on this stuff with Google - don't know much about him or his work, and haven't read through many of the links. But "given the severe, prolonged, unsustainable and escalating level of economic suffering, outbreaks of civil unrest are inevitable" - so it makes sense to pay attention, recognize there IS a problem, and act responsibly.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
What the heck. Check it out!

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

Good find! ... couldnt help myself ha!
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/023dd13210b1.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by awareness10

So here we are: peasants and pee-ons are rioting 'round the world; anon is staging non-violent events of civil disobedience.

Some talk about 'killing' rich people; others speak of 'killing' the system.

Makes ya think.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   

The estimated population of the United States is 311,106,549
so each citizen's share of this debt is $46,893.43.

If we were to magically redistribute the $45.9 trillion held by the US elite:

45,900,000,000,000 / 311,106,549 = $147,537.87

Everyone's share of the debt would be paid and everyone would have a cool $100,000 in their pocket.

things that make you go hmmmm...

If you really want to make yourself go hmmmm...

The total value of all mortgages in the US is about 10 Trillion.

wiki.answers.com...

So...

If we took all of the money from the top tenth of one percent of the US population we could:

Pay off the entire US national debt.

(14,600,000,000,000)

Pay off ever single mortgage in the US.

(10,000,000,000,000)

Pay off all personal debt including Credit Cards

(3,200,000,000,000)

======================

Now... DEBT FREE every man, woman, and child would have:

18100000000000 / 311,106,549

=====================

$58,176

Or... we could give that remaining 18.1 Trillion back to the ruling top 1/10th of 1% elite and they would still hold 99% of all the wealth in the US... but at least we'd all be debt free.

Sri Oracle
edit on 17-8-2011 by Sri Oracle because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

People need to be careful about what they plan to do to "fix" the system.

Historically, when the "peons" rise up and kill the wealthy tyrants, they normally end up even more tyrannical than the old rich guys that live in the palaces.

The French and Bolshevik Revolutions are prime examples of this kind of behavior.

The American Revolution worked out better, but the Fouding Fathers were not peasants. They were old rich guys.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   

On a lighter note...

Ever wonder how wealthy people live? …Reality TV aside, we don't really know much. It's a different planet. But here are a few quick peeks.

Lifestyles of the Rich and Stupid

- Newspaper publisher William Randolph Hearst - the inspiration for Citizen Kane - built an enormous castle in California. The estate features 56 bedrooms, 41 fireplaces, 61 bathrooms, and 19 sitting rooms. The buildings total more than 90,000 square feet. [Take the online tour!]

- Dennis Kozlowski, former CEO of Tyco, received widespread attention for his decadent lifestyle, which he funded in part from the coffers of the company he ran. For his wife’s 40th birthday, Kozlowski staged an extravagant $2 million party on the Italian island of Sardinia. The party featured a ice-sculpture of the Statue of David that pissed vodka. He charged the company half the bill for this orgy.

I would have pissed in the vodka statue if I was one of the help. HEHEHE!

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
This article is deceptive.

Many people may view millionaries as rich. And all things are relative, but i dont see things as black and white as some of you. I fully intend to be a millionaire myself in under ten years, and certainly before retirement.

Now some of you may assume i make 6 figures, but that is not the case. I work a 9 to 5 job that pays fairly well, but i do not spend my money on worthless items i do not need. I bank my money and purchase everything up front, avoiding costly interest charges. This extends to my vehicles, that i have never purchased new. A new vehicle depreciates over 40% within the first 4 years. Horrible investments.

When time came to purchase a home, i bought a modest fixer-upper. Sadly, i did not have the funds to purchase outright, so i bought a slightly run down home and used my own time and money to get it up to speed. It is now worth twice what i bought it for, and my investments were modest.

I have used the banks and the stock exchange to make investments that have supplimented my income through RRSP purchases, bonds and day trading on safe investments that have over time added consderably to my wealth.

The moral here is, not all millionaries are out to screw the average citizen out of house and home. If i want to retire at 65, i am damn well going to need a million in the bank to live out the rest of my days in comfort. A million is not what it used to be, and i see this post as very one-sided, painting all those with 7 figures or more as evil. That simply is not true.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Sri Oracle

If we took all of the money from the top tenth of one percent of the US population we could: 45,900,000,000,000 Pay off the entire US national debt. (14,600,000,000,000) Pay off ever single mortgage in the US. (10,000,000,000,000) Pay off all personal debt including Credit Cards (3,200,000,000,000) ====================== 18,100,000,000,000 Now... DEBT FREE every man, woman, and child would have: 18100000000000 / 311,106,549 ===================== $58,176

Quit making sense. That's not allowed here.

What's most amazing...those hording the wealth could simply put people to work and pay them a decent wage so they could pay their bills and buy things.

But apparently that isn't want they want or they would have done it already.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
all we are doing is talking without anyone ever actually DOING SOMETHING about it. at the rate everything is going, this will all end in disaster.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Is there anyone on ATS who falls in this category? There are likely to be a handful of wealthy posters here, statistically speaking, right? Maybe not billionaires but I'm sure there are a few millionaires.

I'd like to hear the opinions of ATS "elites" if they exist...which I think they do...if we can cut through the inevitable trolling that would be interesting to hear about.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   
LESS than 30% taxed for the millionaires? Wow
Over here in Sweden people making over $100k pay >50% afaik, with a percentage that increases rapidly as your salary increases. I've heard cases of people actually GETTING only 30% of their bonuses here..

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Partygirl
Is there anyone on ATS who falls in this category? There are likely to be a handful of wealthy posters here, statistically speaking, right? Maybe not billionaires but I'm sure there are a few millionaires.

I'd like to hear the opinions of ATS "elites" if they exist...which I think they do...if we can cut through the inevitable trolling that would be interesting to hear about.

Look 3 posts above your last post for your answer partygirl.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join