It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News Viewers Threaten Atheists Over 9/11 Cross Lawsuit

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
A Public Service Announcement...

Ladies and gentlemen...or Gentleladies and men.

This nasty little back and forth will cease now. If the topic, which is (last time I looked)... "fox news viewers threaten Atheists over 9/11 cross lawsuit." can not be discussed with a bit more in the way of decorum and civility the thread will be closed.

None of us want that, do we? So, post on topic, and with civility.

edit on 8/22/2011 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by fooks
reply to post by Annee

first of all, where did it say the cross was the only symbol to be erected?

If you take the time to read various articles - - it says selected symbols of other faiths are being discussed - - and will be included in the museum. It is unclear whether any will be at the site where the cross is to be erected.

Selected faiths? Why? Why are not all faiths being included. That is the Atheist's other point of argument.

However - at this time - any memorial or symbolism of Atheism is rejected. Even though Atheists are willing to pay for it themselves.

what the christians hear is that the atheists just want that cross not there.

Read the actual lawsuit.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

If you take the time to read various articles - - it says selected symbols of other faiths are being discussed - - and will be included in the museum. It is unclear whether any will be at the site where the cross is to be erected.

Selected faiths? Why? Why are not all faiths being included. That is the Atheist's other point of argument.

Why the hell do Atheists care if all the faiths are not being included? That is for the other faiths to toil over. And lets use some common sense here, you want all the faiths putting up symbols? It would no longer be a memorial museum to 9/11 victims, it'll be a symbolic circus.

However - at this time - any memorial or symbolism of Atheism is rejected. Even though Atheists are willing to pay for it themselves.

what the christians hear is that the atheists just want that cross not there.

Thats because these Atheists are turning a somber memorial into a joke. This is nothing but pure playground pout "He gets to have one, why can't I".
edit on 22-8-2011 by DrChuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
What ? Atheists want a symbol?
. Now, that is a religion

I just want government to stay away from religion. Government should be an organization that deals with facts. If they want to fund a theory, they should support one with a foundation, like stem cell research.

I know, government is a rented circus, but I can dream.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrChuck

Thats because these Atheists are turning a somber memorial into a joke.

No - they're not.

Actually quite the opposite.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by DrChuck

Why the hell do Atheists care if all the faiths are not being included?

You Tool...

You can be the poster boy for them: The primary reason those with an open mind become incredulous in regards to a cross being placed there is because once again a dominant player in the lucrative business of organized religion finds a way to attach itself, just a like a nasty leech, to a catastrophe in order to promote its agenda.

But that never "crossed" your mind, as it conflicts with your personal beliefs, and we all know how fragile your type is...

edit on 23-8-2011 by facelift because: kill an apostrophe, add 'a', take out 'common sense'

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by facelift

Love your post.

I was raised Christian. I am not ignorant of the thinking.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I wouldn't care.. except you are b.s.ing your way through this whole thread.
Atheists are A-THEIST and don't have a symbol because as you said before you started flip flopping with this non sense. Atheists organizing makes it look more like a followed belief than it already is. It should just be a person living their life without the burden of religion, but now you have people doing things in the name of atheism. it's retarded.

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by DrChuck
And yes, atheists are a demographic group in a population...if you were to assess religious statistics in a population what would you include? Christians, Muslims, Jews, Hindus, ATHEISTS, etc.

If a Christian church is built - - Christians will congregate to that area.
If a Mosque is built - - Muslims will congregate to that area.
If a Synagogue is built - - Jews will congregate to that area.

What exactly is your point in regards to the demographic of Atheists?

Only a page or so ago you were commenting and making points against someone calling atheists a demographic. Now you are amassing them under an A for atheist. Which is it?

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Kitilani

Are you serious? We are talking about the origin of existence. Everything.. that's atheists problem they think way too small. They are more hung up on this man in the sky theory than theists.
If you want to believe there is no possibility of a god in the face of existence,and likely multiple universes that's fine but there you nor science can prove it. I would say that the easter bunny and the monster under the bed would safely be discounted by science. That was a really poor excuse for an argument.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   

In part of a museum. It's kindly become a part of the history of this event. An original piece of the world trade center that became an icon of hope for christians after it was pulled out and blessed by several religious figures.

If it just said "an original piece of the world trade center" would anyone be bitching about the cost to exhibit then?

edit on 23-8-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

Are you serious?

Yes.

We are talking about the origin of existence. Everything.. that's atheists problem they think way too small.

No "we" are not. You said it takes a leap of faith to NOT believe in YOUR god. That is no different from the Easter Bunny. Perhaps in my myths, the Easter Bunny is the creator. I have no clue who your god is so it takes no faith from me to not believe in your god.

They are more hung up on this man in the sky theory than theists.
If you want to believe there is no possibility of a god in the face of existence,and likely multiple universes that's fine but there you nor science can prove it. I would say that the easter bunny and the monster under the bed would safely be discounted by science. That was a really poor excuse for an argument.

Then you better get on that and make it a reality. Can you link me to anything where science disproved the Easter Bunny? If you cannot then your entire point is useless because you are assuming the validity of your god outweighs the validity of any other imaginary thing that anyone brings past me. It is not. It only is to you.

All you need to do is answer my simple question. Where does faith come into play with my not believing in YOUR god? I do not know your god so how could I have any faith he does not exist? I have no faith either way. I do not know him. I have not seen evidence of him. All I know is you made him up. That takes no faith.

You can keep telling me that I am wrong but since you cannot answer one simple question it is pretty clear all you have is arguing. Facts and logic be damned. I find most people that have imaginary friends are like that.
edit on 23-8-2011 by Kitilani because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   

No and i knew it was an attempted set up but you see I don't believe in any religion so it doesn't work on me. When we consider things like schroedingers cat and the double slit experiment anything is possible, but things like the easter bunny and monsters aren't likely as for a god we just really don't know enough to say a thing. Consider the possibility of the bubble theory. Can you sincerely say god isn't possible?

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   

In part of a museum. It's kindly become a part of the history of this event. An original piece of the world trade center that became an icon of hope for christians after it was pulled out and blessed by several religious figures.

If it just said "an original piece of the world trade center" would anyone be bitching about the cost to exhibit then?

That does nothing to answer my question. There were lots of things found in the debris. What I asked is why one single tax dollar should be spent on two crossed beams specifically because one religion feels it matters.
It is two beams. I want to know why my tax dollars should go to worrying about two beams with no significance to anyone but the CHRISTIANS.

Just answer my questions or stop replying. You are a terrible dancer.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   

No and i knew it was an attempted set up but you see I don't believe in any religion so it doesn't work on me. When we consider things like schroedingers cat and the double slit experiment anything is possible, but things like the easter bunny and monsters aren't likely as for a god we just really don't know enough to say a thing.

Um what? Did you just say that a god is more likely than the Easter Bunny?

Uh yeah, ok.

Sure, when you use a hypothetical THOUGHT experiment, anything is possible. Unfortunately that does not make your imaginary god any more real than the Smurfs.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Because if it's going to pay for any piece of the rubble might as well pay for one that is significant to someone? You don't care about your tax dollars going to this. If you cared at all you would have far too many other misplaced tax dollars to complain about. This isn't even a drop in the ill extracted tax dollar bucket. You just want to complain. If you cared about tax money you wouldn't even have gotten around to this yet, you wouldn't even know about this. You would still be arguing about the wars where billions and billions are spent (not to mention people die).

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Doesn't make it any less likely either. Face is we don't know. I don't and you don't.
You just don't think big enough. Consider the hadron collider where we recreate events similar to the big bang. In a fraction of second a universe we created could form and then end in the blink of an eye with lifetimes, our own lifetimes even we would never know they existed and they would never know we existed but we created it nonetheless.

You don't know anything and neither do i. So it is ignorant of you to say there is no god.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Because if it's going to pay for any piece of the rubble might as well pay for one that is significant to someone?

RIght, someone. Let SOMEONE pay for it then.

You don't care about your tax dollars going to this. If you cared at all you would have far too many other misplaced tax dollars to complain about.

Oh right, this must be the only thing on my mind these days at all. You think I do not complain about other misspent tax dollars? Because you like to assume?

This isn't even a drop in the ill extracted tax dollar bucket.

It does not matter. How many different "not even a drop in the buckets" should I have to put up with? There are people starving on the street in NYC. I would rather my taxes go to actually help someone instead of make someone feel good about their personal imaginary friend.

You just want to complain.

No, I want to be consistent. If I complain about wasted tax dollars and taxes spent on religion, I cannot start dismissing ones just because you think I should leave that one alone.

If you cared about tax money you wouldn't even have gotten around to this yet, you wouldn't even know about this. You would still be arguing about the wars where billions and billions are spent (not to mention people die).

Just because you can only hold one thought in your head at a time does not mean other people function that way. In fact I believe most do not. Good luck with it though.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   

No I just don't care. If it makes someone feel good than f**k it it's money well spent. Especially in the face of what most of my taxes are spent on.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join