It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US asks China to explain why it wants carrier

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Have China actually answered why they want a carrier?

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by wdkirk

Your are correct, we are a DEMOCRATIC republic. We don't go spreading REPUBLICISM all over the globe, we spread democracy over the globe, or should I say we, instill enough fear into the hearts of those we invade so they have to swallow our DEMOCRACY or choke. You fully well understood my statement. Have a great day.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

You sir are a breath of fresh air, excellent response. S&F for you.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Nicolas Flamel

I would disagree about the idea that carriers are gunboat diplomacy for the 21st century.

They have been in that role for about half of the 20th, a decade of the 21st, and at least one more before becoming really outclassed by emerging technology in two forms.

1. A battleship like vessel that serves as a platform for a system of railguns, that will be able to deliver payloads to targets over 200 miles away. The US will be the first to unveil these on the world's oceans.

2. Within 10 to 20 years, possibly less, we will see the US deploy a network of orbital railgun platforms, aka "Rods from god". They will be able to deploy a payload anywhere on earth at anytime, without warning.

The inevitable militarization of earth's orbit will become gunboat diplomacy for the majority of the 21st century and the US will be at the forefront of this new dimension of warfare at least for the first couple of decades.

By the time China completes its first homegrown carrier, the US will be deploying some assets by orbit.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Maybe this Carrier will be used to take back Taiwan. It must eat at the Chinese that they can't benefit off of such a vast economic prize. I am suprised that they never made the move in the last 10 years while we have been busy in the Middle East. The question should now be, Would The U.S.A still come to the defense of Taiwan and risk an all out Nuclear showdown with Red China? ~SheopleNation

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by SheopleNation

Taiwan's military is powerful enough to put up a hell of a fight, making any PRC invasion of Taiwan a Pyrrhic victory. It would leave China vulnerable to Japan, India, and Vietnam, none of which are on the best of terms with China.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
all we did was ask and everyone is acting like we demanded.. i find it funny how ppl love to hate america but come straight to us for bail out help *caugh* europe...

everyone keep acting like everything will be perfectly fine if america goes down, i know how you ppl hate to hear it but we are the boss we go down best believe everyone is going for a long dark ride as well.

most of you are such clowns... thinking that china can win in a fight lmfao your so out of touch if you think that. they are building there first carrie, excuse me converting, while we have what 12?! we are 2nd to absolutley no one on this planet in military power.

i understand though.. ppl always tend to hate the one on top, the boss..

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

I can't help but think: What is it to you US. You should not question your slave master like this.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I'm starting to believe that World War 3 will start in Asia. China is building its military and I believe it's ultimate goal is expansion. The U.S. has a lot of interest in the area and that's going to cause the conflict.

here's a interesting article I came across

www.time.com...

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by openyourmind1262
Sorta simple when you think it through. America does not want to fight an enemy that can fight back. EAsy to invade & occupy a third world country, rape it of it's resources, install a "new regime" one that's workable to OUR goals, build base's and just stay. All in the name of "Democracy"! America is giving "Democracy" a bad name.

So true. With the exception of Britain in colonial days and the Axis in WWII, America has never gone up against an even remotely powerful country. Here's a short list of just some of the 'mighty' nations America has invaded:

Tripoli
Algiers
Morocco
Mexico
Philippines
Panama
Chile
Korea
Samoa
Honduras
Haiti
Grenada
Iraq
Afghanistan
Vietnam (which proved too powerful)
and, of course, itself (civil war).

Yep, America sure is a mighty nation when it comes to invading countries as big and powerful as the aforementioned, but without help (as in WWII when UK, France, other allies and Soviet Union did all the work and America stepped in toward the end of the war and declared itself victorious lol, and the revolution when France helped us out a lot to spite the British), America really sucks at warfare. Oh, we have the best weapons, and plenty of them, but in modern warfare that really means nothing. Look at Vietnam for instance. All our mighty weapons and we still lost. Afghanistan will NEVER be taken unless the whole place is nuked. It's a matter of logistics and strategy, not military might.

Secondly, if China ever went to war with US, it wouldn't just be us vs them, it would truly be another world war. Russia would most likely ally with China, since, despite all the rhetoric, they are still Communist at heart. Venezuela and Chile would provide bases for China and Russia (in fact China already has operations in S. America). Other countries would step in and it would be another free-for-all. Hopefully the world's people can wise up and kick all the banksters and corporations and other profiteers out of their governments and start electing people of reason and peaceful intent. How great would that be?

Besides it would be stupid for America and China to go to war there are many Americans in China, and at my university alone there are literally hundreds of Chinese citizens studying here (most study business and communications). There are many Chinese businesses operating in America, too. I guess it's different when they are spending their money here...

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by KingKilluminati
I'm starting to believe that World War 3 will start in Asia. China is building its military and I believe it's ultimate goal is expansion. The U.S. has a lot of interest in the area and that's going to cause the conflict.

here's a interesting article I came across

www.time.com...

Or perhaps this is propaganda.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SirTFiedSkeptic

Iraq in 1991 was one of the most powerful nations in the world. It was far from a joke. Iraq's rise was similar to that of Japan and Germany prior to World War 2, one of little significance suddenly thrust on to the world stage.

We didn't prepare for a war lasting a few months, we prepared for a massive and long war. It was a total shock when Iraq was defeated so quickly.

As for Vietnam, we defeated them on the battlefield, bombed the crap out of them and forced them to a cease fire and peace talks. We withdrew our forces and a Democrat controlled congress passed legislation preventing us from intervening if the North broke the ceasefire. The North of course broke the ceasefire, our hands were tied and we evacuated remaining personnel. Had Watergate not happened, Nixon was prepared to violate the law and intervene.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

Iraq was one of the most powerful nations in the world??

What a joke. I read that too, at www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org.

Totally unsourced and completely false. It was one of the wealthiest, sure, but Jews don't seem to understand the difference between wealth and power... for all its power, the USSR was dirt poor, and for all its wealth, Iraq was completely defenseless.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
How many times did China ask why the US wanted its multiple carriers?

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by SirTFiedSkeptic

What does any of this have to do with Jews?

I was active duty army for over 7 years, 4 years reserve air force, thats where my knowledge comes from, not some online Jewish library.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by StratosFear

How can You think China is kind off "wanting to be a bigger global power" since it clearly is already much bigger than U.S.A in terms of population and economy?
If it could be possible to organize an election to whole humankind and the question would be: What country is the "good guys"? I very very strongly doubt the winner would be U.S.A.
I think U.S.A:s biggest mistake is to try administrate the whole world. I don't enjoy remaining You but: Native americans being the only exeption whole population of U.S.A was brought from Europe, Africa and Asia.
I am sorry if I make mistakes in my english, it is not my home languaqe.
According to my high school maths China should have about 50 carriers.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreeSpeaker

I have a feeling that the German build up before WW2 hasn't been forgotten. Every nation sat back and watched Germany grow they're army while being assured by Hitler that he had no plans to attack anyone, it was all for Germany's security.

We know how that ended.

I can just see it now:

"We had no idea China was going to attack anyone! They had a peaceful military!!! "

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
China has had carriers since the 1940's. For the love of something people, do some research.

China is trying to use new technology on their carriers, be it new fighter jets or new radar, who knows.. that is all the fuss is about. BY NO MEANS IS THIS CHINAS FIRST CARRIER.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ateuprto
reply to post by bobdigi

Again, it's because we've never hidden what we were building, save for concept and research aircraft.

Thats false.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by L00kingGlass

Originally posted by FreeSpeaker

I have a feeling that the German build up before WW2 hasn't been forgotten. Every nation sat back and watched Germany grow they're army while being assured by Hitler that he had no plans to attack anyone, it was all for Germany's security.

We know how that ended.

I can just see it now:

"We had no idea China was going to attack anyone! They had a peaceful military!!! "

LOL. Thats what the Vietnamese were probably saying about the US.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join