It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US asks China to explain why it wants carrier

page: 15
<< 12  13  14   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by FoosM

Correct, remember the SR-71 that was secret for 3 decades? Not to mention the HTV-2 that we just introduced, they claimed it was made in 2003, I suspect its much older though. The F-117 Stealth Fighter was secret for many years as well. Bird of Prey UAV made in 1996 - declassified in 2002. TacticBlue first flew in '82 and was declassified in '96. I could go on and on, we've been keeping weapons secret for many decades now. Who knows what we currently have but don't know about yet.

Where was I? Oh, yea, maybe China funded their carrier project from the interest off the 1.3 trillion in debt we owe them
We don't have a right to know why they have one. We're not suppose to be sticking our noses into the business of other sovereign nations.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by BillyBoBBizWorth
Pfft...amerika wants to know why China wants aircraft carriers.

Why does amerika have aircraft carriers?

I cant believe how one sided governments are.

Exactly.. it's no frikn secret WHY govts covet carriers, everyone knows.. WHY.. even an imbecilic fool could think of a dozen reasons why..

The Chinese govt should respond: "Our carrier represents a global force for good" ..lmao..

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

Very good point my friend, I agree. I am aware of that fact, However, Tawain could never stand up to everything Red China would throw at them. Like I said before, the question is this, would we back them up in todays political climate? = I dunno bro. That's all I am saying. ~SheopleNation

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by StratosFear

Well said and well reasoned. Let them have a carrier, if we (Aussies) can repeatedly get our Collins Class diesel/electric boats to within torpedo range of Nimitz Class Carriers on exersizes, you guys should have no issues taking this one out if needed.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Ionnis

I didnt come to america i was born here, if i had my way i would have stopped the whites and spanish from coming over in the first place and i would`ve had the tribes united to form their own country. Dont blame me for being born.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Petrov62

Thank you, every country has a right to defend themselves. Besides it doesnt matter what you`ve got but how you use it. You prove that perfectly, a well placed torpedo launched from a small boat will take out even the mightest ship.

Why cant we all jus put lasers and paintball guns on all of our military hardware and just have a big war game. Then have a cold beer together afterwards and everyone gets to go home to there families.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Do not forget, China's CCP gov had spent considerable sums to perfect its anti-satellite capabilities, and had proven to the world that they could hunt and kill satellites in space. Alone it means not much, but within naval circles, it means naval fleets can be DETECTED and destroyed within seconds.

During WW2, naval engagements were conducted in the utmost secrecy, so as not to reveal their locations. Should revelation occurs, it would mean instant death to the entire fleet by airborne and strike crafts.

Today, with full satellite tech, even an armchair general can track which international fleet's location is at. Thus, with China's anti-sat capability that would hide its CCP fleets by destroying other nations' sat in space, all the more other nations in the world should request for CCP's answer not only to its Carrier battle groups, but also its rapid escalation in arms build up and its belligerance to its neigbours in Asia, that is questionable in this time and age of comprehension that wars are futile,inhumanely murderous that only regresses mankind.
edit on 14-8-2011 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-morris

I know, I specifically said the Korean war in my post. China was slightly more involved than just helping an ally. You may want to read up on the topic further. To answer your question: Northern Vietnam, South Korea, Tibet and a small skirmish over the Spratly Islands were their more overt invasions in the last 60 years.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Yep, America sure is a mighty nation when it comes to invading countries as big and powerful as the aforementioned, but without help (as in WWII when UK, France, other allies and Soviet Union did all the work and America stepped in toward the end of the war and declared itself victorious lol, and the revolution when France helped us out a lot to spite the British), America really sucks at warfare.

Not sure where you get your information, but the United States entered WWII after the bombing of Pearl Harbor in 1941. The United States declared war on Japan and subsequently Germany and Italy declared war on the United States. This was only 2 years into WWII not at the tail end. The United Kingdom was getting bombed by the Luftwaffe and France, Poland and other "allies" had already surrendered. If you do a quick search you'll find the United States had more military casualties than any other ally with the exception of Russia and China. Your statement is pretty ridiculous and regardless of the "hard work" of the European allies, they'd all be speaking German right now without United States intervention.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by ateuprto
The U.S. was simply asking, not demanding. It's a fairly reasonable question given China's reputation for making peaceful military visits to our military installations and telling us one thing while going back home and doing something else.

Those thinking it's as simple as China being able to call in debts are pretty simple-minded. Go read some peer-reviewed books regarding global economics instead of basing all your world views off of half-researched ATS threads.

Those claiming China has overtaken the United States in terms of military or economic power are also pretty damn far from the actual state of things. The Chinese economy is drowning as quickly as any one else'.

Asking is better than sinking in my opinion, and if anyone doubts the U.S.' ability to kick China's military back within its own borders and keep it there is completely blind to current global military force projections.

Given the tension globally, but specifically in the waters surrounding Taiwan, The Koreas and much of South East Asia, it is merely the U.S. trying to get a clear picture of China's intentions, so as not to assume they are mounting an offensive while going out for a boat ride.
edit on 11-8-2011 by ateuprto because: (no reason given)

Just had to say how much I enjoyed your intelligent reply to this thread. Also ever notice how the US is the number one country to come to the aid of other countries, even if they are not our allies, in time of crisis or disaster. I see a lot of America bashing on here and it bothers me. I'll be the first one to agree that we are not the best a country could be... but try living in Iran and speaking out against the government and see how far that gets you. America has a lot of faults, but it's still one of the best places to live in the world.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by DickGozinya

Yep, America sure is a mighty nation when it comes to invading countries as big and powerful as the aforementioned, but without help (as in WWII when UK, France, other allies and Soviet Union did all the work and America stepped in toward the end of the war and declared itself victorious lol, and the revolution when France helped us out a lot to spite the British), America really sucks at warfare.

Not sure where you get your information, but the United States entered WWII after the bombing of Pearl Harbor in 1941. The United States declared war on Japan and subsequently Germany and Italy declared war on the United States. This was only 2 years into WWII not at the tail end. The United Kingdom was getting bombed by the Luftwaffe and France, Poland and other "allies" had already surrendered. If you do a quick search you'll find the United States had more military casualties than any other ally with the exception of Russia and China. Your statement is pretty ridiculous and regardless of the "hard work" of the European allies, they'd all be speaking German right now without United States intervention.

Me neither Dick, But In the name of educating our friend here just a little more, I might add that Albert Speer himself (Director of Armorments for the 3rd Reich) said at his trial that if not for the American airstrikes on Germany's Armorment factories in the West, That the Nazis would have without a doubt prevented the Russians from entering Germany, and eventually would have won the War.

Without America, Europe would have eventually been one big Third Reich Nation. That's the truth, straight from those in contol of Germany in it's final days. It is what it is. Sorry to slap the revisionists in the face with historical truth.

~SheopleNation

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14   >>

join