It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AMA: I was a paid Internet troll.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Some people on this thread have asked the legitimate question why an organization would do this, particularly when people do this for free all the time.

This is an operation of directing debate. Give people the points they'll use, and give them the language to define the discussion. You can control debate, even the people on the other "side" of it, if you can control the language of the debate.

People can't talk about things they don't have words for. Give people a good story, that resonates for them and they'll naturally invoke their tendency to exclude information that doesn't fit their preferences. If you get them first, you define the field. One that you'll be familiar with is to provide labels, that suit a cause, and in doing so one controls the discussion from the get-go.

This is the "pro-choice" "abortionist" "pro-life" "anti-abortionist" concept. If I can attach a label to you for people to use, and I dictate what those labels are and how many categories of people there are (two) then I have defined the parameters of the discussion.

You can also disrupt debate, if the "mind-field" isn't to your liking.

This is an application of Game Theory. Writ Large.
edit on 2011/8/11 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
No, you weren't.

No such job exists and I will not believe a word you say until you back up your claims.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gwampo
dude, I have another theory, what if the gov is paying people to purposely deny or debunk or disprove aliens/ufo sightings on all of these forums to keep a skeptical image on it all?

A proper response to this question can be one word: DUH!

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by halfsorry

You will fit in just fine here at ATS just keep talking # about the repulicans and hell they may make you a monitor.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by halfsorry

, generally supporting just about any extreme conservative position. I never received anything outside that thematic.

wait wait, supporting conservatives? aren't conservatives libertarians aka freedom fighters? I am confused, wouldn't the powers that be do the opposite of supporting conservatives?

Something is not right here, and I am starting to wonder if we've been supporting a side favored by TPTB.

can you tell us your thoughts and reasons as to why this was your job and what the objective or end result was?
edit on 11-8-2011 by RisenAngel77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Today I was trollin' pro bono.

Lysergic; Winning hearts and minds, and then having lulz.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   

No, you did not. That's all.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by FawkseyGuy

Are you joking?

You present info that shows the Left in general not only wants to but INTENDS to infiltrate conspiracy sites and destroy the movements from within and you say the OTHER side should be stopped? That makes no sense at all... unless YOU are one of the infiltrators and want the infiltration to succeed!

What are you talking about?.... What OTHER SIDE are you claiming I said should be stopped?...

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Trolls trolling trolls, and you're most likely being trolled right now.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I guess the title "troll" is aptly named

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by J.Son79
Come on, talk to me son, I'm a priest...an enlightened priest of sorts, but none the less a priest. I can offer you salvation but you have to show me the way. Now I know you want to confess, please, spill your sins before it's to late. Once one goes so far down a dark path it's hard for me to show him the light again. Shower me with your sins and in return i'll give you a golden shower...of "light"? I guess?

Sir, I take it you are taking him for a ride aren't you?

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   

That's not a troll. That's a spokesperson.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
this explains alot. Thank you for coming out and being honest.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
So that's why Neo96 spends so much time on this site. Neo, how much are they paying you?

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by halfsorry
reply to post by Misterlondon

I never posted prior to this. I was originally assigned this site, which is why I joined.

You were originally assigned this site......why did you not troll here? I noticed you joined in May of 2006...yet you only have as of right now 15 posts... which you posted yesterday August 10, 2011. Those 2 facts make it so I am leaning towards believing you.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin
Can I call BS on this whole thread.

There are always thread on ATS about paid shills and this is clearly someone who is copying those introductions “ask a.......” anything. This is a flag garb.

I can already predict the 67 pages of ironic trolling.

That is all.

I'm with this individual. Not one shred of proof has been offered. Furthermore, if the OP is telling the truth, why should we care. People with moral compasses as off-kilter as the OP's should be shunned out of a community that promotes denying ignorance.

Either way you cut it the OP is a liar on one level or another. Thanks for the thread jerk-off.
edit on 11-8-2011 by ateuprto because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I call BS also.

One of the first things the OP would of have to of done upon hiring on for this type of work is sign a "Non-Disclosure Agreement" or (NDA) as they are more commonly referred as, whch would prohibit the OP from starting a thread like he has just done.

So it seems, he is either lying, still a paid troll, or dumb enough to violate a confidentiality agreement by posting on a site that he admits has paid trolls already monitoring the site.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

Pics or it didn't happen. If yer not doing it any more, there's no good reason why you can't provide specifics. You could be trolling right now.

I don't think that is necessarily the case. You never know what happened to someone to bring them to were they are today, so its not really fair to say there is no good reason. Depending on the subject matter peoples families have been threatened or worse over this sort of stuff. Whistle blowers are NOT protected. They are pre-martyrs. I don't see what a current troll would have to gain by posing as a former troll and pretending to inform us that ATS has been infiltrated by TROLLS.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join