It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AMA: I was a paid Internet troll.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
This is my first post but been here for a very long time just reading it but this post is the upmost unreal ever i dont mean to troll but seriously without screen shots etc then i wont and im pretty sure alot wont either "/
edit on 14-8-2011 by hilla because: typo lol

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by N34Li3Z

what are points for anyway? By the way, there was no extreme "T&C" violation, just another lie.

If anyone wants to know why I was reported for telling the truth about ATS trolls, private message me. Now, let's see if this is "reported" and removed, and precious points deducted, lol. Seriously, I have no idea why I keep getting reported and my posts removed regarding trolls on ATS.

Look at the threads I've authored, and see if I'm one of those trolls, look at my comments. I'm not inflammatory, hostile, but this is interesting, and a little bothering that some un-named individuals have reported me (i won't name you guys, that's hostile and inflammatory)

I will; however, if messaged, show what I did post so it can't be deleted AGAIN. It relates to trolls on ATS.

in the mean time, check out this 327 page thread with 150plus flags that turned out to be a hoax, and is still continuing long after the hoax was solved.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

(it relates to this thread is all I can say)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Ok I just wanted to ask this, does trolling on ATS mean start threads from assigned questions given to you by political people, sift through the responses to those fit in a criteria and then report back to your troll employer with the targeted responses from others in ATS?

Or do you lurk around gathering information from ATS responses and send the related answers to your employer?
edit on 14-8-2011 by covert1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by covert1

I doubt most of the time that anytroll gives a good gosh darn what your opinion is.

The idea would be just to get out certain ideas, using certain types of language.

A more sophisticated view, it is to disrupt conversations that are promoting ideas that are problematic. Or start a couple of highly emotionally charged topics to bury topics which may be problematic.

Either way - actually giving a carp about what YOU have to say about it isn't a high priority.

This is probably a good way to spot some people who do this sort of work. If they respond to you at all, it is likely that they only do so to use your post as a launching pad for what they are putting out. Which would mean that your post isn't important, and the response sometimes isn't topical to what you wrote.

Like the OP, the person really doesn't have any interest in the topic and they have no investment in what they are writing let alone what your responses or ideas are. Their job is just to put ideas out. Not care about your opinion on it. Period.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by halfsorry

Riiiight.

What "Conservative Talking Points" are you referring to? You say you were given them, and honestly, I can remember lists of things I was given to do at work 3-10 years ago, so... give us ONE talking point.

My guess is you're a moby.

Calling BS on this one.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by halfsorry

Originally posted by bsalert
So who on ats do yo suspect as being on the payroll? Love your user name half sorry really? What subjects did you put down? Ufo's? Alternative energy?

I hesitate to name names, as I said. Nevertheless, it's been some time since I've been privy to the talking points, and at best I would only guess.

My script was completely focused on politics, generally supporting just about any extreme conservative position. I never received anything outside that thematic.

its disgusting to think that you'd accept money, and at that very little money, to defraud the public and push an agenda that ultimately harms the people -BUT you are coming clean now. I think it would be best to admit all of the details and let this nefarious scheme come to light (within the provision that you be allowed to remain anonymous).

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Is this really 11 pages without one example? I'd say this was an attention thread...

Oh and if something was "pushed" politically over a weekend then yes various groups have social media people pushing those agendas for attention. That's not a secret, but it doesn't make it some false flag conspiracy either.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by tangonine

Riiiight.

What "Conservative Talking Points" are you referring to? You say you were given them, and honestly, I can remember lists of things I was given to do at work 3-10 years ago, so... give us ONE talking point.

Calling BS on this one.

wait, I'm all for calling BS on anything, but are you calling BS based on the absurdity of there being conservative talking points??

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by sgreco

Originally posted by halfsorry

Originally posted by bsalert
So who on ats do yo suspect as being on the payroll? Love your user name half sorry really? What subjects did you put down? Ufo's? Alternative energy?

I hesitate to name names, as I said. Nevertheless, it's been some time since I've been privy to the talking points, and at best I would only guess.

My script was completely focused on politics, generally supporting just about any extreme conservative position. I never received anything outside that thematic.

its disgusting to think that you'd accept money, and at that very little money, to defraud the public and push an agenda that ultimately harms the people -BUT you are coming clean now. I think it would be best to admit all of the details and let this nefarious scheme come to light (within the provision that you be allowed to remain anonymous).

Um. Hint: he/she is a troll.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by sgreco

Originally posted by tangonine

Riiiight.

Calling BS on this one.

wait, I'm all for calling BS on anything, but are you calling BS based on the absurdity of there being conservative talking points??

Give me one "conservative" talking point someone would get paid to troll Huffington post (LMAO) with. g'head, off you go... waiting...

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
So.. Paid internet troll.. If it were real, is the pay worth it?

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Even if the original poster is being a provacteur, the fact remains that paid shills are a fact.

Getting out messages, and suppressing others is too important. Leaving public opinion up to the public is just too dangerous and uncontrolled a social phenomena.

You really want to break free and become a free agent on the web? Then you are going to need to remain rational, and ignoring reality isn't rational.

It isn't just "the other side" that is doing it. Every side is doing it.

You think you are anonymous. You think that this is all just some panalopy of wild discussion. Keeping you from directing your own thoughts by dangling bits of meat for you ravage is far cheaper than letting the hoards direct themeselves.

Your Green Twitter Revolution? Those poor sobs got rounded up and tortured, and others just disappeared.

Every bit of political rhetoric has been swept up and is being used by corporations, organizations and parties not to use it for your benefit but to use it to market their own power.

Advertizing is a multibillion dollar business, marketing ideas. You think that *THIS* isn't on their radar? For the cheap price of having someone like you do it?

How silly you are.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Did you belong to a group name The Wrecking Crew?

Sorry I had to throw that one out there, is a shame how people are brain wash away from reality and pulled towards fiction.

I'm geting tired of trying to wake up people, is like braking a brick wall with a tooth pic.

Thanks for warning them from people like you once were before, thanks for coming foward.

edit on 11-10-2011 by Human4life because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by bsalert

I bet 'they' invested all the chemtrail threads.....

Sec.line

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by zatara
reply to post by bsalert

I bet 'they' invested all the chemtrail threads.....

Sec.line

I think not as much, as the Hybrid species or as better known "Reptilian Shape Shifters".

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
So, Very interesting thread..What was your handlers name?....Is this just another person acting the part of a disinformation agent?...Im sure you have heard of Cointelpro?

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by skull_bones

Treason was a very serious violation until we actually won the revolution. Just because something is legal doesn't mean its right.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   

For almost five years, I was a paid Internet troll. Yes, I admit.

But first let me state that I never performed my job here on ATS, though I believe I have occasionally seen a handful on here who were using a script similar to what I was assigned.

There appears to be a huge amount of "gun lovin" trolls here now.

I cannot and will not name names, but after an internship at a firm with government and political party (Republican) contracts, I was offered the position of "Online Communications Associate" at another company

Republicans? You mean the... From my cold dead hands, Charlten Heston, Clint Eastwood types?

Utilizing six artificial personas, I was active in social networks and bulletin boards.

I'm sure some of these "gun tootin cowboys" here have at least six accounts.

My script was completely focused on politics, generally supporting just about any extreme conservative position.

You mean like saying absurd things like - More guns equals less crime?.

Kind of makes me think that you never left - You had a moment of weakness, and then switched to posting under your other 5 accounts

edit on 13-1-2013 by Pedro4077 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
SHENANIGANS! SHENANIGANS! SHENANIGANS! SHENANIGANS! SHENANIGANS!

I too was a paid government troll.
I recognize a script used by many here on ATS.
I was a left wing disinfo-agent.
I know who killed Bambi's mom.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join