It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US says Taliban who shot at US helicopter dead

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by BillyBoBBizWorth

i dont believe something until im presented with some proof backing it up.

And what would count as proof, so far all I have been able to figure out about you is that you believe everything the MSN has been saying is a lie and you have a somewhat aggressive posting style. Really how is he a troll?

This helicopter did crash that is a fact.

I could link to “proof” such as the families speaking out, the various different now outlets reporting on the story and so on. But to you let me guess, that not proof, no the only proof you would accept would be if you actually saw that Chinook go down and then saw the dead bodies. Unless of course I link you to a article claiming that the SEALs killed in this crash were the same ones involved in the Bin Laden raid because then you could start ranting about conspiracies.

What do you believe.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by bobdigi
reply to post by GovtFlu

SO...in the midst of a firefight...when a member of the Taliban shoots a fellow soldier...before returning fire should a trial be held so this was not an "alleged" terrorist?

Midst of a firefight?.. lol.. the dudes who allegedly RPG'd the chopper got away.. NATO claimed. these people were tracked down

I personally don't blame anyone who is defending themselves against immediate threat.. your premise is a bit silly tho.. occupying troops only know they're being shot at, they don't always know "who" it is immediately.. could be a disgruntled local seeking revenge, could be a so called "Taliban".. maybe it's a patriotic Afghani.

BTW what exactly makes one a "member" of the Taliban?.. secret hand shake?, ID card?.. is there a Taliban boot-camp?.. and who decides a person is guilty of being a "terrorist"?.. NATO?

If a bunch of armed foreigners came to your "village" and started blowing things up, killing and kidnapping people you know & love.. you'd bend over and take it?.. "Gee thanks mister armed foreigner, may I have another!" . If you dare defend yourself, or avenge the death of loved ones..the foreigners will call you a name, " terrorist", and/or allege you're a member of some group.. before killing you.

This may be a shock to those dwelling in the matrix, but sometimes people get angry at being occupied by un-invited armed & destructive strangers.. then take up arms on their own volition.

Not everybody needs a "leader" or to be "led", some folks see no need to affiliate with, or adhere to, another groups ideology .. they take up arms on their own for their own reasons. But the US govt / propaganda machine would have us all believe everyone who violently opposes foreign occupation must be either a so called terrorist, or "member" of (insert boogie-man gang name).

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   

And what would count as proof, so far all I have been able to figure out about you is that you believe everything the MSN has been saying is a lie and you have a somewhat aggressive posting style. Really how is he a troll? This helicopter did crash that is a fact. I could link to “proof” such as the families speaking out, the various different now outlets reporting on the story and so on. But to you let me guess, that not proof, no the only proof you would accept would be if you actually saw that Chinook go down and then saw the dead bodies. Unless of course I link you to a article claiming that the SEALs killed in this crash were the same ones involved in the Bin Laden raid because then you could start ranting about conspiracies. What do you believe.

Thats where you have got me wrong,i dont necessarily believe what the MSM says,but like most other people i hear their reports regardless,because they are everywhere.
Because people like you buy into it,so they are successful and continue to do it.

I said he sounds like a "troll",because he keeps stating the story like its a fact,like you have,with no substantial proof to back it up.

If you have links to information like that,post it and i will take a look at it.

If i seen a picture of atleast a crashed Chinook,then i would be more enticed to see the MSM story as true.

I honestly dont know how people still trust the MSM,like you seem to,they continue to lie over and over again and yet you think their stories may still be true,or atleast the full story of what happened,its quite gullible to take it that way when we all know they lie,and lie,and lie,and lie,and lie.
Because people like you,keep on swallowing it,as usual.

If that wasnt the case i would more so believe what they had to say,but seriously,with the way they go about things these days.You cant expect me to believe every or any word they say? can you?

You might,but i dont and as long as i keep finding holes in their bias stories im not going to.

Look,I do one thing at a time,im not even worried about the extentions of the story,like the relation to OBL and such.First i find out if this Chinook was actually downed and where they said it did,then from there i find out if the people they claim were killed in that crash were actually killed,then i find out of how the Chinook was actually downed and so on,etc.

Can you see the process im talking about?,i want to know if each part of the story actually happened or not,im not looking if it had anything to do with OBL yet,and i wont until i find out what happened before that,because if i just assume the OBL part of the story is true.Then what if i find out some part of the story isnt true,like where it crashed or the type of helicopter,then theres a good chance that the OBL part of the story isnt true either.

Can you see where im coming from?

Now if you can understand that,which i hope you do.Then you should understand that even if you did post links to the claimed family members of the deceased it doesnt mean its necessarily true because you cant even prove what happened before that event or part of the story.

Alot of you make the mistake of believing parts of the story that are after the actual incident itself or after the fact and assume its true when the initial incident hasnt even been proved at all.

Im no scientist or journalist,but this is the way you should go about unfolding a story,because how can you go on in the story if you can even prove the initial incident itself occured?

You cant,and you shouldnt,otherwise you dont and wont know the full story and your making your conclusion on parts of the story that have been handed to you,which is what the MSM gives you.

Which is the information they expect you to believe the first time you hear it and to not ask questions.

If you dont do it this way,youll never get the full story to anything,which is why most of the threads on ATS end up being a left and right fight that comes to no conclusion whatsoever.Members are more worried about fighting each other or believing the information handed to them,than actually getting a conclusion that can be presented back the MSM to show their incompetence and their own bias reports.

Journalism of today isnt about getting you the facts,its about getting a story from a certain angle to make you think and react a certain way,which alot of people have said before

The news is entertainment,not actual news.Why do you think sports are apart of the news these days? because the news they are showing you is just as much entertainment as the sport they show you.

You think how you want,i dont really care,but thats how i go about things.
This way,you actually get a conclusion other than what you want to hear at the end of it and you have a bigger picture of the story than what they are trying to sell to you.

Go on,keeping assuming its facts though,it isnt going to get you anywhere...

BTW what exactly makes one a "member" of the Taliban?.. secret hand shake?, ID card?.. is there a Taliban boot-camp?.. and who decides a person is guilty of being a "terrorist"?.. NATO?

I agree with your whole post GovtFlu,your right.
Most people are so bloody stupid,even alot of the people on ATS unfortunately...

edit on 11-8-2011 by BillyBoBBizWorth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
What happened to this thread?

People dont want to talk after my last post?

Is logical thinking too much for you?

Does the truth hurt?

No ones even got a reply to my post?

I didnt think so...

Bye
edit on 12-8-2011 by BillyBoBBizWorth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by BillyBoBBizWorth

I simply meant, if a person believes that everyone is lying to them, they would share a trait with a schizophrenic.
Then I was saying my opinion is, you should re evaluate your view.

Most people wouldn't get so emotional.... Lets just agree to disagree..

Good day,
Shaun

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin
Why can people on ATS not just accept that in war’s helicopters get shot down?

Gulf of Tonkin, USS Liberty, WMDs, Humanitarian mission, hijackers with 1/4 blades, bushs election, obamas change, Iran Contra, I did not have sex with that woman, bin laden was killed.. and so on.

The establishment clowns lies so often.. about everything, it's easy to distrust their version of events... and delve into possible conspiratorial possibilities.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

I simply meant, if a person believes that everyone is lying to them, they would share a trait with a schizophrenic. Then I was saying my opinion is, you should re evaluate your view. Most people wouldn't get so emotional.... Lets just agree to disagree.. Good day, Shaun

Fair enough,your post didn't come across that way,but sometimes it hard to decipher what people are saying,its just text after all.

Cheers

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join