It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US says Taliban who shot at US helicopter dead

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperkill
The thread title is misleading. We took out the Cell that was responsible for the attack not just the one guy that shot the RPG but the CELL. These CELLS usually claim responsibility. Afghans by nature are easily corrupted. They would like I said earlier give their own mother up if given the proper motivation.

Only problem with that is.
They probably sold us our own guy.
We'll find out later he was an informant.
Sneaky Buzzards.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
this is starting to sound like huge cover up in the works.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by semperkill

I'll take your word for it since I certainly don't have first hand knowledge of how these things work over there. If that is how we got him then that was the best bounty payment the U.S. Government ever made. 20 tons of grain for the killer of so many GOOD men? It's a deal by any measure. There is one guy who will find his Virgins are 72 copies of Helen Thomas all eager to see him.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

Man today I have been accused of being a troll 2 times. I didnt really know what that means until now. Forgive me if I have come across as a troll. I am telling you what I know from the inside. You can either choose to believe me or not. That is your right. There is always a navy Chaplain on board battle groups. and on the ground in afghanistan. The reason being is that (surprise) we have Muslims in the military service. I know that may be hard to believe so trust me on this.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
So we should have killed the men that were responsible for shooting down the chopper.....Before they shot it down. Im confused.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by semperkill

Well in a perfect world.

No you seem to know your stuff.
Wasn't being an ass earlier.
Just that other guy was so annoying.
I still don't get how the culprits got away.
But in the fog of war anythings possible.
Semper Fi

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
My little brother informed me today that the story was being spun like that...

Its so obvious to see what they are really doing, hopefully the truth will come forward.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

It's beginning to sound like a cover-up in this thread as well...

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by EmVeeFF
I mean, these scumbags deserve to die (if they were actually responsible for killing the troops or aiding taliban war efforts) but seriously, this is enough.
I'm so tired of the war, tired of the killing. I fear my children will never know a time of "peace". I know I haven't

You're tired of the killing, but you think that those 'scumbags' deserve to die.

Contradiction much?

The troops wouldn't be dead if they weren't occupying the foreign land where those 'scumbags' live.

Soldiers know what they risk when they sign up of their own FREE WILL.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   

"Nato said the raid had killed a Taliban leader and the insurgent who fired at the military helicopter on Saturday. "

So much for stale pre-911 thinking like "innocent until proven guilty"...King NATO pronounces guilt under penalty of kinetic death.

"The alliance said in a statement only that the dead insurgent had fired the shot "associated" with the downing of the CH-47 in Wardak province, west of Kabul.."

Uh, no.. NATO summarily killed some guy, probably a local, convicted of nothing.. remember kids, "associated" and "linked" are the new "guilty" in 2011 USSA... don't forget to bow down real pretty on home soil before GOP & DNC occupiers.. or they'll associate you with a link either: before reducing your "village" to pablum... or "after". Whatever.. lackeys drunk on patriotism won't care... they'll hoot'n holler about how an invisible man blesses their so called homeland, then worship a piece of colored cloth on a stick.

On a more serious note.. pretty much ANYTHING starting with: "NATO said", "Officials said", so and so GOP/DNC " leader said", or some guy who calls himself "president said".. is pretty much complete nonsense, inflated lies, and or an amalgamation of rank BS sprinkled with reality challenged hypocritical propaganda..

IMO this "news" .. is too stupid for B-movie plot development, oh lookie here.. the good guys prevailed!!

Justice was served on those (non convicted, alleged) terrorists evil do'ers.. team America wins again!! heck yeah!! where here to save the mother-lov'n day, yeah!!

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Nato said the raid had killed a Taliban leader and the insurgent who fired at the military helicopter on Saturday.

The Taliban have said they shot down the aircraft, although Nato did not explicitly confirm that.

Does that not make sense to anyone else?

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin
reply to post by MikeboydUS

Its funny you should say that, I have noticed the same thing about people using conspiracy buzz words. I wrote a thread not long after I joined ATS and talked about how people had became lazy with what I called “conspiracy norms” such as claiming everything is a “False flag” or that every UFO was a ET and so on without looking for alternatives. I suppose it is these buzz words that are to blame, it annoys me we need some originality.

I think there are more conspiracy fans rather than conspiracy theorists on ATS.

Ironically allot of the Conspiracy fans will agree with that statement mistaking themselves for conspiracy theorists.

The government IS a conspiracy, and a gang of pathological, vile liars and murderers. Default position. Everything they say is a lie. Everything they do is a conspiracy against the American people.

That's why.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by tooo many pills

Nato said the raid had killed a Taliban leader and the insurgent who fired at the military helicopter on Saturday.

The Taliban have said they shot down the aircraft, although Nato did not explicitly confirm that.

Does that not make sense to anyone else?

Do they ever make sense?

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by GovtFlu

"Nato said the raid had killed a Taliban leader and the insurgent who fired at the military helicopter on Saturday. "

So much for stale pre-911 thinking like "innocent until proven guilty"...King NATO pronounces guilt under penalty of kinetic death.

"The alliance said in a statement only that the dead insurgent had fired the shot "associated" with the downing of the CH-47 in Wardak province, west of Kabul.."

Uh, no.. NATO summarily killed some guy, probably a local, convicted of nothing.. remember kids, "associated" and "linked" are the new "guilty" in 2011 USSA... don't forget to bow down real pretty on home soil before GOP & DNC occupiers.. or they'll associate you with a link either: before reducing your "village" to pablum... or "after". Whatever.. lackeys drunk on patriotism won't care... they'll hoot'n holler about how an invisible man blesses their so called homeland, then worship a piece of colored cloth on a stick.

On a more serious note.. pretty much ANYTHING starting with: "NATO said", "Officials said", so and so GOP/DNC " leader said", or some guy who calls himself "president said".. is pretty much complete nonsense, inflated lies, and or an amalgamation of rank BS sprinkled with reality challenged hypocritical propaganda..

IMO this "news" .. is too stupid for B-movie plot development, oh lookie here.. the good guys prevailed!!

Justice was served on those (non convicted, alleged) terrorists evil do'ers.. team America wins again!! heck yeah!! where here to save the mother-lov'n day, yeah!!

Lol, and without the music it's even worse. At least some B rated movies have decent musak.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by tezzajw

We were there because of 9/11 and rightfully so. However i can agree we do need to pull out of Afghanistan and let the people of Afghanistan fight off Al-Qaeda.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Paulioetc15

rightfully so? i've yet to see a scrap of credible proof that anybody in afghanistan had anything to do with 9/11. i've seen more incriminating stuff on the people in washington.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by shtf2012

As far as I understood, there were more helicopters involved.

This is from the linked article from the OP of this thread. 31 US special forces die in chopper crash

38 killed when Taliban shoot down chopper

One man who said he saw Friday's shootdown, Mohammad Saber, said the helicopter plummeted during a late night operation in his village.

"At around 10pm last night (03.30am AEST), we heard helicopters flying over us," he said.

"We were at home. We saw one of the helicopters land on the roof of a house of a Taliban commander, then shooting started.

"The helicopter later took off but soon after taking off it went down and crashed. There were other helicopters flying as well."
(bold my emphasis)

I can see Semperkill's points regarding what happened as both being plausible and possible.

Per my conversations with veterans from a different war, this generation of soldiers, like a previous generation are not being allowed to win this war.

While I may not like this war (or any other) for various reasons, I do have great respect for the many honorable men, women and families of the services.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
This is all a heap of methane gas....I hear those stuff can fuel wars too.....

They're really getting on each others nerves I see...until someone looses it. Or is it, the some guy called CIA.

Yeah, yeah....confuse us more with your PROPA...F****** ...GANDA.

GAIA needs a face lift....cos I'm getting sick with this daily does of LIES...

God Save Us...
edit on 10-8-2011 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by GovtFlu

SO...in the midst of a firefight...when a member of the Taliban shoots a fellow soldier...before returning fire should a trial be held so this was not an "alleged" terrorist?

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
What makes me ..... roll me eyes.... 2nd guess the official story....

Who was on the ground that saw the guy that shot down the heli?

What tape do they have of the guy that shot down the Heli?

Everyone with an Agenda can say they take credit for the shot...but where's the proof?

They wouldn't even officially say they knew for a fact what caused the heli to go down....

As it's been said... anyone that had anything to do with the bogus story on Bin Laden is now dead. It's been confirmed that some may have wanted to come out with the truth.... which made someone very very nervous.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join