It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US says Taliban who shot at US helicopter dead

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by pwndnewb

What do you respect about their service?

It's been established that not only is parts of these Wars illegal...but not necessary. I won't get into all that...

I would really like to know what you respect about what our servicemen are doing.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

They merely want to keep the moral of the Army and the American people high. It is evident that the moral is low, without that moral America has basically lost the war. Notice almost all of US claims are unconfirmable, from killing Osama, to killing this man who shot down and killed over 20 SOCOM fighters.

This is all propaganda to lift the American Army and population's morals, to stay behind this unwinnable war. I think most agree that this is unwinnable, they are merely being patriots and staying united for the sake of USA. They are looking for a way out, but the only options are humiliating retreat.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Paulioetc15
reply to post by tezzajw

We were there because of 9/11 and rightfully so. However i can agree we do need to pull out of Afghanistan and let the people of Afghanistan fight off Al-Qaeda.

I have to ask. We were where because of 9/11?
How is it rightfully so?

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by tracehd1

Well, being here in Afghanistan and having been in Iraq previously...the one thing I personally can respect about their service is that, especially here in Afghanistan, the local nationals (or at least a vaast majority of those that I have spoken with personally) are overly appreciative of what the ISAF is doing here. Just a few years ago, locals could not commute from Bagram to Kabul for fear of being robbed or killed along the roadway...and yet now they can just as easily as some of us may commute from Austin to Houston.

The Taliban is not loved here...and while there is a significant contingent of Afghanis that are sympathetic to their "cause", a much larger contingent prefer our presence and the security it provides. They want schools, they want clean water, and they want infrastructure, all of which is being provided as a result of our presence and groups like USAID.

It may not the the squeaky clean, "let's kill us some NAZIs" type war you want...but there is good being done here.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Al Jazeera English

When elements of the Taliban fighters were seen "escaping", the Chinook helicopter, carrying Navy SEAL commandos and Afghan soldiers, was ordered in to head them off, said Allen. The helicopter was then shot out of the sky with a rocket-propelled grenade. US forces then tracked the fighters they said were responsible, calling in an air strike on Monday night with a F-16 fighter jet. The Taliban leader originally targeted in Friday's mission was not killed, Allen said. There have been at least 17 coalition and Afghan aircraft crashes in Afghanistan this year.

I could be misunderstanding Al Jazeera, but it seems like they don't buy the story that the US is saying about the US killing the the Taliban that shot down the helicopter. Notice how they use quotes around "are dead", "dealt with" and "escaping" which makes it sound like Al Jazeera is saying it didn't happen the way the US said it did.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
could this story turn anymore fake? makes me sick to my stomach that anyone would buy this trash as "REAL"

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by ReptilesAreAmongUs
could this story turn anymore fake? makes me sick to my stomach that anyone would buy this trash as "REAL"

Sure it could become "more fake" just keep twisting the facts around like all the other knuckleheads in this thread and walaa! NO conspiracy makes more sense than the one you make up in your own head....

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by ReptilesAreAmongUs

Why is that?
What exactly do you know?

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheMaverick

The Taliban have said they shot down the aircraft, although Nato did not explicitly confirm that.

LMAO ! The Taliban also claim they did the Norway bombing and shooting ,I'm betting the Taliban even claimed the London riots was them.

Edit:
The murder of seal team 6 is so fishy ,i can smell it all the way over here in london ?
No sensible person believes the Taliban shot down that helo with one RPG which just by amazing chance happen to hit the sweet spot on that helo ,that made it explode in the air ,killing everyone on board ,who just happen to be the legendary seal team 6 ?
edit on 10-8-2011 by TheMaverick because: Because i can

come on, do you think they report on everytime the taliban fires an RPG and misses. this was reported becasue it was a hit and because it killed 30 troops.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
IMO it would have been better if the helicopter was never shot down. Maybe they should move troops around in 3 or 4 smaller Blackhawk, or similar, helicopters rather than placing them all in one basket.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Great. Now let's get the hell out of there.

This war has been pointless since the day it began.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Do you employ logic with any of your thought process?

You stated earlier "Seal team 6: gone!"

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I guess many here are too young to remember the Vietnam War and how the support of that war began to wain until the US ended up pulling out all together.

It's clearly obvious that the Military Industrial Complex has wanted to prevent that from reoccurring and to continue to suck on this War on Terror Titty of profits for as long as possible....hence why they make these intriguing episodes of the war on terror against insurgents with nary an air force or navy to keep us all engulfed....and further disillusioned.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
ppl calling us spouting random conspiracy theories and now the taliban responsible for seal team 6 is now killed. hmm, i guess what 1 + 1 = ?

obviously anybody who has any relation to osama's death is going to be eliminated. publicity for show, as always. gotta have an excuse.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Yeah, so now they make RPGs that have heat seeking tips? Riiiight. My dad and me were talking about this alot lately. He is ex Green Beret in nam, and spent 24 years in the Military. His, and many others both former and active Military, have stated very plainly, that taking out a bird with 40 year old RPGs is like trying to hit a fly at 100 yards with a bb gun, unless it was on landing or takeoff, which is not likely as the scene would be secure.

And, the only heat seeking shoulder mounted weapons would come from Western Nations.

Interestingly enough, I found this snip from an interview of Military Personal in the sandbox

""A U.S. military official in Afghanistan said the reports don't tell the whole story. "We're aware of the report on surface-to-air missiles. What's being presented is a pretty broad and somewhat random selection of documents that includes information that in some cases is incomplete or not verified by other sources or studies," the official said. "There's been no recent activity suggesting that these weapons are a threat, as attested by the volume of our daily air activity and the causes of aircraft incidents, which we report." articles.cnn.com...=PM:WORLD

So urce

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Oh, wrong reply, sorry.
edit on 11-8-2011 by HermitShip because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by tracehd1

Check your U2U.

If you are in the US, you might do well to visit a VA hospital and have an honest conversation with a few veterans.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Once again,as usual,no evidence any of this even happened...

Once again,another big joke on the western allies that we are "winning" this "war on terror"...

Once again,the people keep buying into it...

Once again,governments get away with another lie and/or cover-up...

Once again,the MSM reports it like its gospel or a proven fact.

Jeez,when will we all die and be done with it already.

Do you employ logic with any of your thought process? You stated earlier "Seal team 6: gone!"

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by BillyBoBBizWorth

Don't worry little dreamer... It is true.. the whole world is lying to you... trust nobody. EVERYONE has every reason to lie to you. Nobody has any reason to ever tell the truth. They speak only to deceive and fool you.

There is a clinical name for this... Schizophrenia, seek assistance with your view.
edit on 8/11/2011 by ShaunHatfield because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   

There is a clinical name for this... Schizophrenia, seek assistance with your view.

LOL,what a laugh.

Its funny how you would rather insult and make assumptions than actually respond to what i said,this tells me you know your wrong,you dont know what your talking about and you just cant admit it.

I forgot thats how you older ATS members roll,you just derail instead of proving dont you,your predictable.

What,i have schizophrenia because i think about things more than you? or most people?

Or is it because my opinion doesnt line up with yours?

If you think i have schizophrenia,then show me some proof that any of what they are saying actually happened?

You cant,because there isnt any...

That doesnt mean i have schizophrenia,that means i dont believe something until im presented with some proof backing it up.

You sound like a "troll".
edit on 11-8-2011 by BillyBoBBizWorth because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join